Project ORAS PU Teambuilding Competition (See post #362)

Lord Sample Team wins! Your next core is:
+

Up to this point, most of the cores have been offensive or balanced (except for one of the Mawile+Altaria teams), so let's change that. I want to see the best stall PU has to offer since I haven't seen new, good stall in a long time. I guess if you want to be that guy, you can use offensive Audino and/or offensive Gourgeist-Super, but that's up to you. Yes, it has to be Gourgeist-Super. Bring the stall, boys, I'm ready.

I better see at least one Trick Room team as well. *cackles*

Last edited:

Hey folks, I decided to join the fray from now on and start contributing. Anyway for my entry I decided to go for a Trick Room team. I love me some heavy offense, so I was not going to make boring ass stall (sorry Ej). Trick Room teams are very challenging because you got a very small window where you are very fast and if you haven't kill what you need to kill before the time runs out you lose. It was very fun to try to solve the TR puzzle.

The key to a successful trick room team is for the actual setter to be able to be a threat that way you don't waste time switching out. Therefore, I went with an armed to the teeth pumkin dual stabs and rock slide to hit flying and fire types switchins with a LO to hit really hard. This is your main TR setter as it is very bulky and causes many switches. I went with insomia over frisk for lead smeargles shenenigans. Moving on, we got Taunt bait Audino no attacks full support. This is a very fast team we don't got time for audino to waste time with her weak knock offs. TR, Heal Wish, Wish, and encore are her weapons of choice as she can set up TR and wish the rest of the team very comfortably while using encore to prevent set up mons. Next up we got got Monferno's daddy, Lampent, he is our monferno counter since the team is fairly weak against it as most TR teams are. Evio makes it decently bulky and can set up TR while abusing it with dual powerful stabs coming from 95 spAtk. But no TR team is complete with your atomic bomb mon and that's our guts Ursa. Once guts activates everything gets 2hko or 1hko in the tier, cc eq crunch and facade sends everything to the shadow realm. The fifth mon was very tricky, at first I went with the obvious Rampardos but as I tested the team he was more of a burden and was virtually useless without TR. The answer? I went to the nearest rain team and stole their destructor of worlds Armaldo. Armaldo really shines in rain because of the increase of speed so you slap it in a TR and he gives you the same results. He is also pretty bulky so if s*** hits the fan and you don't got TR he can pull his own weight without it. Dual stabs and EQ is what i went with since it hits everything at least neutral. I found out quickly how much TR dislike hazards so rapid spin fills the 4th slot but if you don't really care aqua yet is a fine option, Finally, we got the beast, the man, the use it while is still here Cacturne. Not much to explain bring it in and kills stuff. I went with special set since it imo is the best and also ursaring and armaldo already kill everything in the physical expectrum.
Well there is hope you guys like it. And here is a replay showcasing it's power.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-445153413
And for shts and giggles not even the OU power can stop the madness.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-445194570
Cheers.

Gourgeist-Super (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Insomnia
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Sneak
- Seed Bomb
- Rock Slide
- Trick Room

Audino @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Healing Wish
- Encore
- Wish

Lampent @ Eviolite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Blast

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Facade
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Armaldo (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain

Last edited:
Articuno Semi-Stall

Here is a pretty juicy Semi-Stall team i've made around the core of Defensive Gourgeist and Audino. When I seen the core I thought the idea of using Semi Stall would be fun as it's a pretty underused archetype in my opinion but it's also very effective when used well. To start the team Defensive Gourgeist and Audino are pretty self explanatory, they already wall a huge portion of the meta except a couple of pokemon that I will get to later on. After I added the required core and knew I was going with semi stall I added Articuno as it is a very good pokemon for this archetype being able to put pressure (no pun intended lol) on teams that lack good recovery options and hit a lot of people for good neutral coverage. Next I obviously needed a defogger for Articuno and also something that would check Monferno as it was one of the main threats to the original core so I added Vibrava. I was thinking of adding Prinplup or Lumineon but Gourgeist and Audino already check most variants of Floatzel pretty well and Vibrava resisting rocks and having reliable recovery is pretty nice. Muk is here to spread poison, check special mixed Cacturne (spread avoids 2HKO after rocks) and lure steel types like Pawniard which this team can struggle with, also shout outs to TONE because this is a variation on the set that he posted on The Next Best Thing thread. Lastly I added Probopass because I still needed a Normal and Flying resist and a way to set up rocks. It also happens that Probopass can trap Steel type pokemon like Mawile and Klang which really helps out the team. Threats to the team include Life Orb Monferno as it can break through Vibrava and KO Articuno after rocks and also Pawniard can be annoying if Probopass and Vibrava are weakened but Gourgeist can usually Wisp it if all else fails. Thanks for reading! :]

Vibrava @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog
- Earthquake

Articuno @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Freeze-Dry
- Roost
- Substitute
- Hurricane

Gourgeist-Super @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Frisk
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp

Audino @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Wish
- Protect
- Encore

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 36 Def / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Muk @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Atk / 136 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Focus Punch

Monferno Stall

I built this team by starting of with the normal core which was Audino and Gourgiest. These 2 mons basically cover each others weaknesses. Audino comes in as a cleric wish passes to weak mons that cannot afford to heal. Also it knocks off any eviolite mons that I have trouble with for example, clefairy. The Gourgiest is there to literally spread will-o-wisp to any physical mon out there it walls mons like Golem and some Grumpig variants. Foul play to hit mons which think they can set up and sweep them but then get blown back. After looking at the core i figured out Monferno beats both these mons so i added in Pelipper not only to spread burns by scald but also defog and hard wall Monferno. Next, I added Stunfisk for rocks which also has the really good ability static and gives me rocks while spreading status with toxic and being a backup check to Rapidash and Zebstrika, the two mons that beat these 3 mons. Next, I needed a wincon and a solid dark resist, and I really could'nt find that much of a wincon in stall. Finally i came across calm mind Zlefairy as it can act as a late game cleaner after weakening opponents mons with toxic or burn. Lastly the legend itself the one and only defensive will-o Monferno. This mon was a glue to the team because now I lost to nasty plot Cacturne or other types of Cacturnes and this mon is a hard counter to Cacturne. It can will-o and catch lots of people of guard. This is also a great way to beat other stall teams, as not much can beat taunt and wisp. Thanks for the read!
Calcs:
252+ SpA Life Orb Cacturne Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 160+ SpD Eviolite Monferno: 136-161 (41 - 48.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

0 SpA Pelipper Scald vs. 248 HP / 160+ SpD Eviolite Monferno: 120-144 (36.2 - 43.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Seed Bomb
- Synthesis
- Foul Play

Audino @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Knock Off
- Protect

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 160 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Slack Off
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Brick Break

Last edited:
BRONZOR Stall

Not a huge fan of stall in the PU meta right now, but there's recently been a slight hype of Bronzor, and I thought this would be the right time to build with it. Bronzor is nice member on stall because it checks and 1v1s mons that stall is really weak to, namely: CM Clefairy, CM Duosion, Mawile, NP Mime, NP Simisage. It also provides as an excellent normal resist, secondary Golem switch in and Stealth Rocker, and since Bronzor usually does not go down in 1, 2, or even 3 hits, Rest is serviceable as its form of recovery; Bronzor also has the ability to use Psywave, which lets it bypass its pitiful offenses. Next on the team, I added the DinoGeist core that practically no stall is without. Audino checks special attackers with its impressive special bulk, while Gourgeist can check most physical attackers, quite self explanatory here. This core is, of course, weak to mons such as Monferno and NP Ninetales, so I added (Specially) Defensive Altaria to check them both. The EVs allow Altaria to outspeed threats such as Mawile or Pawniard, and the SpDef EVs allow Altaria to live 2 Cacturne Dark Pulses (but not after rocks damage rip). Alt also acts as the mandatory cleric of the team. Next, we needed a solid wincon and a stop to Trick Rotom-F which can cause stall teams some issues, so Sticky Hold CroMuk was an ideal choice, being able to serve as a SpDef sponge and spread poisons with Poison Jab, as well as being able to simply win in the late game. Lastly, the stall team needed hazard removal, so standard defensive Lumineon was added, and, as a bonus, be another check to waters such as Floatzel.

Threats may include heavy Normal Spam (which can wear down Bronzor) and a well played Pawniard, but other than that it checks the meta pretty well. (oh apparently the team also loses to a well played natu)

Hope you enjoy, here's a replay for the time being; I may get some more later.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-445753557

Audino (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Encore

Gourgeist-Super (F) @ Colbur Berry
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Seed Bomb
- Foul Play
- Synthesis

Altaria (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic / Haze / Roar
- Roost
- Flamethrower / Dragon Pulse
- Heal Bell

Bronzor @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psywave
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Muk (M) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Poison Jab
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Lumineon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Toxic
- U-turn

Last edited:
BRONZOR Stall

Not a huge fan of stall in the PU meta right now, but there's recently been a slight hype of Bronzor, and I thought this would be the right time to build with it. Bronzor is nice member on stall because it checks and 1v1s mons that stall is really weak to, namely: CM Clefairy, CM Duosion, Mawile, NP Mime, NP Simisage. It also provides as an excellent normal resist, secondary Golem switch in and Stealth Rocker, and since Bronzor usually does not go down in 1, 2, or even 3 hits, Rest is serviceable as its form of recovery; Bronzor also has the ability to use Psywave, which lets it bypass its pitiful offenses. Next on the team, I added the DinoGeist core that practically no stall is without. Audino checks special attackers with its impressive special bulk, while Gourgeist can check most physical attackers, quite self explanatory here. This core is, of course, weak to mons such as Monferno and NP Ninetales, so I added (Specially) Defensive Altaria to check them both. The EVs allow Altaria to outspeed threats such as Mawile or Pawniard, and the SpDef EVs allow Altaria to live 2 Cacturne Dark Pulses after rocks damage. Alt also acts as the mandatory cleric of the team. Next, we needed a solid wincon and a stop to Trick Rotom-F which can cause stall teams some issues, so Sticky Hold CroMuk was an ideal choice, being able to serve as a SpDef sponge and spread poisons with Poison Jab, as well as being able to simply win in the late game. Lastly, the stall team needed hazard removal, so standard defensive Lumineon was added, and, as a bonus, be another check to waters such as Floatzel.

Threats may include heavy Normal Spam (which can wear down Bronzor) and a well played Pawniard, but other than that it checks the meta pretty well.

Hope you enjoy, here's a replay for the time being; I may get some more later.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-445753557

Audino (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Encore

Gourgeist-Super (F) @ Colbur Berry
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Seed Bomb
- Foul Play
- Synthesis

Altaria (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Roost
- Flamethrower / Dragon Pulse
- Heal Bell

Bronzor @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psywave
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Muk (M) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Poison Jab
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Lumineon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Toxic
- U-turn

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
tbh trick room isn't stall so that one is out for me

in addition, I like Lord Booty Milk's idea here but the fact that he has gourgeist-large (really xskelly? you're better than this :() means he can't get my vote

my vote is for slowbroth

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)