Project ORAS PU Teambuilding Competition (See post #362)

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Return
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Dodrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack

Golem @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sturdy
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Dusknoir @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Power-Up Punch

Mr. Mime @ Life Orb
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Simisage @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot

Decided to go pure offense on this one.
Normal spam core is mandatory, I went dual band for maximum power. Dodrio's fast enough.
Golem is a suicide lead that can also rip teams apart with +2 Sucker Punches if your opponent lets you. Rock Blast is chosen over Stone Edge to break sashes and OHKO offensive Crustle.
PuP Dusknoir is what I'm proud of here. Dual priority allows it to circumvent its low speed, and if it can get a boost or two off it's devastating. (it also spinblocks)
Mr. Mime is your standard hard-hitting special attacker.
Simisage is the team's scarf cleaner/revenge killer, and its best answer to Floatzel.

LordST

Dormi Bene Duce
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion

Wasn't gonna post a team but i have 10 minutes of free time so here it is:

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Facade
- Superpower
- Crunch

Dodrio @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Frustration
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Encore

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Blaze
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz

Stunfisk @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Discharge
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Leafeon @ Choice Band
Ability: Leaf Guard
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- X-Scissor

The teambuilding for this team was pretty simple and straightforward but it's quite effective and would've won against MoM in seasonal had I not been haxed.
Anyway I decided to stick with the standard Band Stoutland and Scarf Dodrio, I tried other options but usually found myself wishing I had the standard core. It's standard for a reason its really good. The first pokemon I added was Monferno for a few reasons: I wanted a solid Cacturne answer, a decent way of weakening normal resists (defensive Mawile in particular), and some solid priority that the core lacked. The next mon I added was Stunfisk as my dedicated Monferno and volt switcher check, both threats that give Stout and Drio trouble. Rocky Helmet helps in weakening things to try and make Dodrio's job easier late game. Next came Banded Leafeon to check ground and rock types(mostly Golem). I chose Band with Bullet Seed for Golem of course, but also for lead Smeargle so I don't have to fodder something off to sleep. Banded Leafeon also further aides in setting up a Dodrio sweep late game much like Stoutland does by weakening potential stops like Mawile, Stunfisk, and Metang. For the last slot I was torn between Politoed and Grumpig. I narrowed the slot down to these two as I really wanted something to check Duosion and Clefairy with Encore and Taunt respectively. The two Magic Guard users could easily sweep me in the hands of a competent player. Grumpig would give me a great blanket check to a lot of the tier and in particular check Rotom-F. Politoed gave me a great check to waters which destroyed my team while also pulling its weight offensively. I eventually decided on Politoed as I had ways of playing around each of Rotom-F's sets and revenge killing wasn't too hard considering Dodrio is faster and Monferno is packing Mach Punch. 136 speed is for Adamant/Modest Cacturne cause you can never have too many Cacturne checks.

Shiny Politoed looks sick as heck

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
BIRDOGCATPENGUIN

Dodrio @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Return
- Pursuit

Stoutland @ Silk Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Work Up
- Facade
- Superpower

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Purugly @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- Knock Off
- Toxic

Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Sleep Powder
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb

Golem @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Explosion

Started out with Band Stoutland and Scarf Dodrio, then I took the normal/flying spam a step further and added a Purugly and Jumpluff. Jumpluff sleeps pretty much all normal-type checks (Mawile, Metang, Probo) and makes it easy to break through them. Purugly is a fast cleaner similar to Dodrio that takes advantage of normal-type checks being weakened, and struggles with Mawile a bit less because of Defiant (I also added Toxic on it to lure Gourgeist). With Jumpluff, Purugly, and Scarf Dodrio basically taking care of offense, I decided to add my defensive cores. Prinplup is neat for a water-type check, Monferno check, and Defogrocks. Still wanted a normal/electric resist and Golem fit, but since Prinplup can set Rocks I decided to make it a trendy Band Golem. It actually fits really well on this team, giving it a powerful priority and wallbreaker. I didn't want Band on Stoutland anymore since three Choice Users is disgusting, so I put Silk Scarf + Work Up, which works both as a setup sweeper and Probopass lure. Team struggles a bit with Cacturne but everything is a 50-50 with Cacturne anyway, you either predict the sucker or don't (also if you want put Singal beam on Prinplup to lure)...other stuff like Rotom-F and Floatzel are dangerous but it's offense and can play around it.

REPLAY:http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-427721890

Last edited:
Good evening gentlemen.

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Facade
- Superpower
- Crunch

Dodrio @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Discharge
- Yawn

Frogadier @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn
- Taunt

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Standard Choice Band Stoutland and Choice Scarf Dodrio. Added Stunfisk because it has Stealth Rock and checks pretty much every physical attacker in the tier. I chose to run Yawn to deal with the stuff that will tend do switch into it, such as Rotom-F, and in general sleep turns can provide a semi-safe switch in for the other attackers. Stone Edge can be used too to specifically deal with Rotom-F but who expects Yawn let's be serious???? My boy Frogadier is there to lead and set up Toxic Spikes, to have that sweet poison vs grounde Pokemon. It's not necessary to set both layers, since against something like Golem I'd definitely prefer using Hydro Pump to just kill it. Taunt can be replaced by something like Ice Beam or Hidden Power Electric or whatever, but dealing with Smeargle is just something I don't want to do. Pawniard deters Defog and acts as a counter or check to Muk, depending on its set. Lastly, offensive Cryogonal provides some special offensive presence while also checking Water-types. Pretty straightforward team in general, watch out for physical Floatzel, though.

BONUS CONTENT

Last edited:
Well since I haven't seen a team posted yet, here is The Monkey on Shrooms

Fire Monkey (Monferno) @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat

Psychic Mushroom (Beheeyem) @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Thunder Wave

Water Dinosaur (Lapras) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Rock Lizard (Golem) @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Grass Dog (Leafeon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Leaf Guard
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Knock Off
- Aerial Ace
- Swords Dance

Normal Bird (Dodrio) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Knock Off
I went 11-2 with this team on midladder (I played kinda poorly in the losses, but still kept the games close), so you can say this is an okay team, but one that isn't amazingly inventive either. So this team is centered around the monferno + beheeyem core provided, with Beheeyem being a pokemon I have never used in the tier before. The first thing I noticed was that this core lacked a solid Floatzel/bulky water check, so I went ahead and added what is becoming one of my new favorite mons to use in the tier: Specs Lapras. I also noted that I needed a rock setter so I went with the standard WP Lead Golem. Because of the prominence of bulky ground leads and smeargle, I added Leafeon (specifically with bullet seed and LO to get rid of sturdy and smeargle leads that decide to stay in, as well as having aerial ace for the fairly common monferno switch. Swords dance can be switched with toxic as it helps against Bulky grasses but with Dodrio, monferno, and lapras I can handle them fairly decently so I went with SD) which is somewhat risky. And lastly I went with Banded Dodrio as I was noticeably weak to other Leafeons as well as faster HO teams and it can always deal good damage and help weaken mons for the rest of my team to handle

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER AMIRITE??!!1??

team
Beheehee (Beheeyem) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Nasty Plot

ThaFern (Monferno) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Mach Punch

Merrio (Probopass) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

brother (Vibrava) @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

BETTER THAN 2 (Dodrio) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Frustration
- Facade
- Knock Off

ol'skool (Zebstrika) @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

description
So i felt like going a lil'loose on the beheeyem set because i thought that with recover i should be able to setup on a lot of walls with specially attacking walls
like clef/fisk/dino/probo and suprise them with np and then watch 'em cower in fear while picking a mon to sack, meant to be brought in late to mid game on those kinds of mons psychic for STAB and shadow ball to hit opposing psychics since it can 1v1 most of those aswell. For Monferno LO for extra power and u-turn to provide momentum. probo is for rocks and a nice mixed wall + volt is nice. Vibrava is for defog + uturn and countering golems. dodrio is for speed and more offensive pressure with facade>pursuit from the underrated/creative sets thread. zeb was choosen to beat floatzel because the team is kinda weak to it and it because overheat pressures those bulky grasses better.

a replay zeb
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-430931052

TJ

Banned deucer.
is the Smogon Tour Season 34 Championis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
monferno.gif beheeyem.gif golem.gif ursaring.gif rotom-frost.gif pelipper.gif

Beheeyem @ Choice Specs
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Psyshock

Monferno @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- U-turn

Golem @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Atk / 224 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Toxic

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Crunch

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Trick

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Scald
- Defog
- U-turn

Slowbroth and I have been using this team lately, and I figured it would be perfect to post for this weeks teambuilding competition! This team is built around Beheeyem, and Monferno. It's a nice Volturn team with a volturn core in Monferno, Pelipper, and Rotom-F. Beheeyem was added because it has a lot of offensive pressure, and beats things that volturn struggles with. Tank Golem was added as a reliable rocker and decent bird spam check. Next, Ursaring was added because the team needed more speed and sweeping pressensce, SD quickfeet Ursaring thrives on momentum, allowing it to safely activate it's toxic orb. Then, Rotom-F was added to the volturn core, because it has the ability to pressure opposing teams, and is a really offensive Pokémon to have on Volturn. Lastly, Pelipper was added because It's a nice ferno check, and defensive pivot allowing it to switch in on most physical attacks and to give the team Hazard Control. shoutout's to Slowbroth! Hope you guys Enjoy!

Beheeyem @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Monferno @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch

Murkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Tailwind
- Pursuit

Probopass @ Passho Berry
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Servine @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Glare
- Synthesis

Marowak @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Bonemerang
- Knock Off
- Fire Punch
- Swords Dance

Beeheyem is an interesting pokemon, despite being slow it is powerful but since i wanted to make the team pretty interesting too, i wanted to turn the team pretty faster even not having fast pokemon so Trick Room support helps Beheeyem and its teammates destroying the opposing team Monferno is a great partner to Beeheyem, protecting it from Dark types such as Pawniard, has the Swords Dance set to boost itself against the opposing team, Trick Room may help since that lets it outslow Scarf Rotom Frost and Zebstrika for example, : It seems weird to include Murkrow in this team, right? but this little bird has a nice atk stat and is a pursuit trapper, it gets rid of Grumpig and Mr. Mime. Remember when i said that i wanted that the team could be fast even without fast pokemon? Prankster Tailwind is helpful on those occasions as it supports many team members, I needed a fairy resist/normal resist and a slow voltturn user so i went with Probopass, Thunder Wave is great to slow down the opposing threats, it has Passho berry to take water type moves from the likes of Swanna, who are annoying to this team, Next pokemon is Servine, it's used as a Ground type check/counter, paralyzes opponents with Glare and benefits from Trick Room/Tailwind support,Lastly, i wanted another pokemon that could be an offensive juggernaut, Marowak is stupidly powerful, having over 400 atk and has the potential of sweeping the opponent's team, either by Trick Room or Tailwind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)