Project ORAS PU Teambuilding Competition (See post #362)

Beheeyem @ Leftovers
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Mawile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Baton Pass

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Politoed @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Focus Blast

Simisage @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Superpower

So I originally wanted to build around Specs Beheeyem+U-turn Monferno, which was fun until I realized that the team I had created had no setup sweepers and I frowned. Hence, this version. CM Recover Beheeyem is a wall and a wallbreaker, and I only now realize how much I love it in the post-Machoke meta. Monferno provides U-turn support and also sponges hits from attackers. (I play this team as more of a bulky offensive team.) Mawile was added for rocks and being a mon that doesn't fear Stoutland. Zebstrika was slapped on to revenge Floatzel and provide a bit of speed. After that, I wanted a wallbreaker, so I chose Specs Politoed because the team needed a water resist and I didn't want Lapras due to the fighting weakness. Finally, I wanted a scarfer, and I knew I would want a grass type to be able to hit them with STAB from more than one mon. (Also to take care of Chinchou/Seaking.) I chose Simisage for this since it's the fastest grass in the tier and it gets Knock Off, which I wanted at this point, as well as Superpower, another good fighting attack, and a way to nuke Clefairy to boot. As an added bonus, most people don't expect it to be scarfed, which is nice.

Reactions: gz
I was on the fence between ET and Enemy, but in the end I have to go for Enemy's team, because of that juicy scarfed Simisage.

Last edited:
Tj's, Lockjaw's and Enemy's teams all looked really good but I'll have to go with EnemyJurist's.
Also quite bummed I missed this round.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
RivalET because it makes good use of Probopass' slow pivots while also trapping steels that make using Beheeyem

LordST

Dormi Bene Duce
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
I took some time to test each team and decided what was best after at least 1 or 2 competitive matches with each:

Failsohard's team needs some work. Some of the sets just aren't optimized but the building process is still solid.

Tj's team is is pretty nice and is similar to a team I made but was too lazy to post. However it has one glaring issue: there is no reliable way of facing Lead Golem. You basically have to sack at least one mon versus it.

Lockjaw's team is probably the most fun of the bunch. So many cool ways of facilitating a sweep, this team is great for facing ladder. However there's one glaring weakness in Monferno. It 2hkos the whole team and can uturn out of unfavorable match ups. The only way of dealing with it is revenging with Marowak or Murkrow or when a speed tie but thats quite unreliable for a mon thats on about 40% of teams.

RivalET's team is incredibly well built and has some of the best voltturn synergy I've ever seen. However the only reason I'm not giving it my vote is that there is no water resist to be found. This makes things like Lapras and Floatzel incredibly threatening. Of course most waters can be revenge killed but if Zeb and Drio are lowered into Aqua Jet this team struggles.

So I'm giving my vote to EJ. I managed to have the most success with it. Not only does this team have fantastic synergy, it also includes some originality with some uncommon sets that fit well. Specs Politoed is one of my favorites. If I had to point out one weakness it would probably be a lack of electric checks. However smart play with Zeb and Simisage can get you around this weakness. Nice team EJ :D

Sorry for the long winded post but i was bored and couldn't sleep.

i vote EJ

Lumineon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Defog
- U-turn

Articuno @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Roost
- Substitute
- Hurricane

Trapinch (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Crunch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Earthquake

Grumpig (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball

Mawile (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Toxic
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Zebstrika (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

First I started with a core that would make full use of Trapinch's ability to remove certain mons. Articuno was the main focus of this team as Trapinch can beat pokemon like Probopass, Grumpig and the plethora of Electric types which all stop Articuno from doing its job effectively. Defog support with Articuno is mandatory so I thought I'd choose Lumineon as it synergies well with both mons already by luring in Electric types and checking Floatzel. After that I needed a Normal Resist and a Leafeon counter so Mawile felt like the right option providing Stealth Rock too. Next I looked at what other mons could break through my team and Monferno was one that stood out as Lumineon can be easily worn down so a back up check in Grumpig fit well and I decided to go for the SubCM set as it gave me a decent win condition which is something my team lacked and Trapinchs abilty to trap Probopass made it even better. Last but not least I chose Zebstrika because it is a fast revenge killer that also appreciated the removal of Stunfisk and Grumpig. All in all, the basic job of this team is to remove the aforementioned pokemon so that the rest of team can thrive and Trapinch does a great of job of it.

Trapinch (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Quick Attack
- Toxic

Jumpluff (F)
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Sleep Powder

Lumineon (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- U-turn
- Toxic

Mawile (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Baton Pass

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Trick

Clefairy (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

First of all I started with the star of the team, Trapinch. I choose the 3 moves + Toxic set, because I'm not that much of a fan of the RestTalk set. Toxic is a nice way to cribble mons like Vullaby, Leafeon or Tangela.

Then I added SD Jumpluff, which pairs perfectly with Trapinch. Trapinch gets rid off those steels, but it also deals with electric typs like Zebstrika, which hurt Jumpluff. On the other hand, Jumpluff removes things like Gogoat, Leafeon, Quilladin,... which wall Trapinch. I also chose U-Turn over Seedbomb, because I can generate switches into Trapinch with it.

Next I added Lumineon, to add an water/ice resistance. Also Jumpluff really appreciates the Defog support. I also gave it the move Tailwind, because it is very unexpected and I thought it can get handy sometimes. 48 Evs to outspeed Cacturne.

Mawile pairs suprisingly well with Lumineon, cause it hates Scald and other Defoggers in general. Mawile weakens strong wallbreakers like Stout with Intimidate which are super annoying for this team, while also providing hazard support and Knock Off. Also Mawile attracts special attackers which are getting trapped by Trapinch. Baton Pass is very helpful for that matter.

After that, Mr.Mime joined the squad. At first I thought I'll give it a scarf but then I decided to give it the choice specs, because the power is nice, but also because I thought the tailwind can help him out a bit. Also Healing Wish is a pretty neat feature.

Lastly I added scarfed Rotom-F, because I needed the speed for Floatzel and other mons, that outspeed Mime. Also my team was very weak to Lapras so this is a very good choice. Trick is also nice against stall match-ups.

After some testing with Shuckledeath, we realized that the team is very weak to Cacturn. After some discussion we came to the conclusion, that CM Clef fits this team nicely, while also being a wincon. After that change I also changed Lumineon's Tailwind to the standard Toxic.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-433108174 vs. Shuckle with Mr.Mime. Really close game, lost due a blizzard miss at the end.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-433127469 vs. BluBirD with Clefable. I 6-0 him. Think I played this game very well.

Huge shoutouts to ShuckleDeath and BluBirD for helping me testing this team!

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Veil
Naive Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Beam
- Aqua Jet

Lapras @ Choice Specs
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt

Trapinch @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Quick Attack
- Toxic

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Mawile @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Baton Pass

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish
This team is centered around one of my favorite offensive cores in PU: Floatzel + Lapras Water spam. These two function so well together by putting immense pressure on their mutual checks until a hole or two opens up, making the rest of the opponent's team easier to take apart.

They may work well in an offensive core, but unfortunately their defensive synergy is extremely poor due to their shared weaknesses to Grass and Electric. Offensive cores usually don't have to worry about defensive synergy, but Lapras's relatively low speed makes it a target for faster pokemon with super effective moves, meaning the core needs something to deal with these threats. That's where Trapinch comes in. It excels at trapping fast Electric types like Zebstrika and Raichu, giving Lapras a partner that can not only switch into the threatening Electric types, but also easily eliminate them. This frees up Float and Lap to terrorize the opponent without worrying about being revenge killed by a fast Electric.

Now the team is only half complete and all 3 of the pokemon are weak to Grass. To cover that weakness I added Vullaby and defensive Mawile. These two are also my hazard setter/control mons as well as my slow pivot core. The team has 4 pokemon that all thrive on slow pivots (Trap, Float, Lap, Mime), so there's no lack of options to switch to when using U-Turn or Baton Pass. Typically Mawile would run Play Rough instead of Iron Head, but the team is very weak to Clefairy, so Knock Off and Iron Head are needed to keep Clef in check.

Finally, Mr. Mime acts as my speed control and suicide cleric. Floatzel or Lapras will usually be the recipient of Healing Wish so they can continue to wreak watery havoc on the opponent, but Mawile might need it if it gets worn down before the opponent's Clefairy has fainted.

LordST

Dormi Bene Duce
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion

Burd (Jumpluff)
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Seed Bomb
- Acrobatics

Trap Queen (Trapinch) @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Quick Attack
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Trap King (Probopass) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 136 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Power Gem
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

Lumineon @ Leftovers
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Defog
- Toxic

Muk @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Poison Jab
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Curse

Burdie (Dodrio) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Early Bird
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Frustration
- Brave Bird

So Trapinch likes to traps stuff right? Electrics, some fire types, some poisons, some Psychics, and some steels are all trapped and dealt with assuming you predict properly. This makes Trapinch an excellent partner for bird spam as it can remove electric types and steel types so flying moves can be freely spammed late game. So why not take this a step further and add another great trapper that can eliminate steel types that Trapinch can't necessarily beat due to its poor physical bulk and lack of any speed. Enter the Double Trap Bird Spam Surprise! So lets start with the two trappers. Trapinch is using the standard set over the rest talk set. Earthquake of course lets me beat so many things and is STAB, Crunch semi-reliably deals with Grumpig, and Quick Attack lets me break Kadabra's sash. Removing/crippling both of these mons makes CroMuk's job much easier. The next trapper added was Probopass. Probo is used to trap the two steels that Trapinch can't deal with in Mawile and Metang. The spread which is stolen borrowed from Kaboom allows me to outspeed and cripple 8 Speed Mawile as well as outspeed 8 speed Metang while still maintaining Probo's bulk. Air Balloon and Magnet Rise let me more reliably beat Metang and other Probopass. So with steels and Electrics dealt with, it's time to spam flying moves. I chose SD Jumpluff and Scarf Dodrio as the "wallbreaker" and cleaner of my bird spam core, respectively. Jumpluff helps break past rock types like Golem and Relicanth so Dodrio and Muk don't have to worry about them. Dodrio is my revenge killer and cleaner. Not much to say here other than it should be cleaning pretty easily considering all the support it has. For the next slot I decided some hazard removal would be pretty important to keep Jumpluff and Dodrio as healthy as possible. A Golem switch in and water check were also something I really wanted. Lumineon fills all of these rolls. I have enough speed to outrun and do big damage to Cacturne with U-Turn blah blah this is kinda standard now. The last slot was something I played with for awhile. The team is very weak to a few things that eventually landed me on CroMuk. Rotom-F and Regice's BoltBeam absolutely destroyed me, Clefairy was looking like a big issue considering the only counter-play was Sleep Powder + rolls, and stall in general was quite an issue. Muk solves all of these issues. It takes little damage from Ice types, beats Clefairy, and can pretty much win versus stall without Encore or a Steel type. It also benefits from the support Trapinch gives in crippling Psychic types and Probo trapping Steels. There's the team. I hope you liked it. ^_^

Trapinch Voltturn
So i already had a successful Trapinch team lying around that i posted in the Squads Dump thread, so i figured i'd just use that team again, since there aren't any rules against it. i also figured to just use the same description, with some minor edits.
Baba Peeko (Pelipper) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Scald
- Defog
- U-turn

Next President (Rotom-Frost) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

STILLGUDISWEAR (Roselia) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

FeelTheFern (Monferno) @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch

it's been (Mawile) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Baton Pass
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Mah boi (Trapinch) @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Quick Attack
- Toxic

Description
Here's a s̶h̶o̶r̶t̶ description of what each mon does
Peli is mostly here to take physcial hits and hit back with scalds, roost back up lost health, remove hazards with defog and u-turn out for momentum and bringing in other mons safely thanks to it's relatively low speed.
Tom is here to m̶i̶s̶s̶ ̶b̶l̶i̶z̶z̶a̶r̶d̶s̶ add speed to the team, cripple walls by giving them a scarf, voltswitch out for momentum and occasionally use t-bolt not much else to say.
Rose is this teams SpDef wall and was mostly added as an answer to special float, notting more to add than that sleep powder was chosen over the more conventional spikes, because it wasn't very useful with defog and that sleep powder is really nice to use on predicted switches and setup mons most notably Clefable.
Ferno completes the Rotom-F/Monferno volturn core, u-turn over SD, because it fits better with this team and it's jolly LO, because i like to use a rule of thumb of SD Ferno -> EV adamant and U-turn Ferno -> LO jolly, this team's go to physical attacker.
Mawile is this teams bulky offensive Rocker (which it's why it's max attack as opposed to max def) and normal type resist has baton pass for pivoting and iron head + knock off is more specifically used to end Clefable's life, because i hate that thing so much that i want at least 2 ways to deal with it (the other one being sleep powder + sludgebomb rose), though it's still useful outside of just murdering Clef.
And here we come to the elephant in the room Trapinch. It deals with things like opposing voltswitchers bar the rotoms (including probo), stunfisk, camerupt, kadabra and even 1v1ing all ferno variant's after SR (though i can u-turn out), though it needs voltturn support or revenge something to do so.

well this time u get 2 lines at most for each pokemon cause im TIRED

Trapinch acts as a solid-ish special sponge and of course its main purpose is to trap problematic Pokemon such as Zebstrika, Muk, and Probopass.
Contrary to what we're used to see here in this thread, this team is not built around the given Pokemon or core. I initially wanted to build a standard team about some good, POWERFUL Normal-type physical attacker like Dodrio, Stoutland, or Ursaring, and I ended up choosing Dodrio since it's the one who benefits most from Tranpich's capabilities. It's running a usual Choice Scarf set, since otherwise this team would be fairly slow if not for Floatzel.
Probobass provides Stealth Rock support and most importantly traps Mawile and opposing Probopass (though this one is a bit of a risk to deal with for obvious reasons). It also resists Ice, which the other two defensive pillars of the team are weak to. I choose to run an offensive spread (defensive sucks anyway so eh) to have some special offensive presence on the team.
Floatzel is much needed on this team both because it has an amazing Speed tier and because it can be an effective special attacker. Though its physical set is arguably superior, the lack of special attackers on the team is kinda problematic, hence the decision to have a more specially oriented set. Though I guess something like Waterfall or Aqua jet can be run in the fourth slot to bluff a physical set (most people expect that one anyway).
Deals with Muk, Clefairy, and Duosion, good typing, hits decently hard and isn't that slow.
Optimal physical wall that benefits from Electirc-types being dealt with as well. Defog, U-turn, Foul Play, Monferno check, what's more to ask for???
T
hreatlist: non-specs lapras

Trapinch @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Quick Attack
- Toxic

Dodrio @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Probopass @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Veil
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Baton Pass

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Foul Play
- U-turn

vote4me ill make pu great again not like our tier leaders that are letting emolga ruin the tier

Trapinch (M) @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Quick Attack
- Toxic

Jumpluff (F)
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Sleep Powder

Lumineon (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- U-turn
- Toxic

Mawile (F) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Baton Pass

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Trick

Clefairy (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

First of all I started with the star of the team, Trapinch. I choose the 3 moves + Toxic set, because I'm not that much of a fan of the RestTalk set. Toxic is a nice way to cribble mons like Vullaby, Leafeon or Tangela.

Then I added SD Jumpluff, which pairs perfectly with Trapinch. Trapinch gets rid off those steels, but it also deals with electric typs like Zebstrika, which hurt Jumpluff. On the other hand, Jumpluff removes things like Gogoat, Leafeon, Quilladin,... which wall Trapinch. I also chose U-Turn over Seedbomb, because I can generate switches into Trapinch with it.

Next I added Lumineon, to add an water/ice resistance. Also Jumpluff really appreciates the Defog support. I also gave it the move Tailwind, because it is very unexpected and I thought it can get handy sometimes. 48 Evs to outspeed Cacturne.

Mawile pairs suprisingly well with Lumineon, cause it hates Scald and other Defoggers in general. Mawile weakens strong wallbreakers like Stout with Intimidate which are super annoying for this team, while also providing hazard support and Knock Off. Also Mawile attracts special attackers which are getting trapped by Trapinch. Baton Pass is very helpful for that matter.

After that, Mr.Mime joined the squad. At first I thought I'll give it a scarf but then I decided to give it the choice specs, because the power is nice, but also because I thought the tailwind can help him out a bit. Also Healing Wish is a pretty neat feature.

Lastly I added scarfed Rotom-F, because I needed the speed for Floatzel and other mons, that outspeed Mime. Also my team was very weak to Lapras so this is a very good choice. Trick is also nice against stall match-ups.

After some testing with Shuckledeath, we realized that the team is very weak to Cacturn. After some discussion we came to the conclusion, that CM Clef fits this team nicely, while also being a wincon. After that change I also changed Lumineon's Tailwind to the standard Toxic.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-433108174 vs. Shuckle with Mr.Mime. Really close game, lost due a blizzard miss at the end.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-433127469 vs. BluBirD with Clefable. I 6-0 him. Think I played this game very well.

Huge shoutouts to ShuckleDeath and BluBirD for helping me testing this team!

np man good luck in the comp. :)

trapinch.gif drifblim.gif metang.gif rotom-frost.gif lumineon.gif stunfisk.gif

Trapinch @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Quick Attack
- Toxic

Drifblim @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 236 Atk / 80 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Trick

Lumineon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- U-turn
- Toxic

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Protect

trapinch.gif drifblim.gif
When i started thinking about the team that i wanted to showcase i thought of SubNp mime but it didn't work out.So i thought of Drifblim(i remembered diglett+drifloon on lc.)they really have outstanding synergy together because of trapinch taking care of electrics(Especially stunfisk)and weakening rock and steel types so that drifblim and the other members could finish the job.
Trapinch has the 3 attacks+toxic set and the balloon has the sub+liechi set with wow and knock off.

metang.gif
Next Metang was slapped on because i needed a check to normal/ice/and psychics.
I gave him the 4 attacks cause rocks were used on(Spoiler alert!)stunfisk.
pursuit really comes handy for this team cause scarf mime could pose a threat as well as life orb cryogonal.

rotom-frost.gif
Rotom-Frost is an outstanding pokemon rn especially with a scarf.
sitting at 447 speed with volt switch gives it and upper hand on offensive teams and allowed me to trap opposing stunfisk if i predicted right and double out on trapinch.

lumineon.gif
Next up is my water check,Lumineon.
I needed a bulky defogger that could handle golem and some other treats to my team like monferno and lo camerupt.
It creates a volturn core with rotom and it has a slowish u-turn that can help me trap or go for a check+weakening some things(I'm looking at you leafeon).

stunfisk.gif
Finally there is Stunfisk!
stunfisk is really the glue of this team checking monferno,setting rocks and paralyzing almost everything that touches it.
The set is pretty standard with the exception of protect.
Protect fits this team really nicely cause stuff like specs lapras,specs floatzel,band/scarf leafeon and choiced chatot really need to be scouted.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-433796866 A match i had against a hazard stacking offense that pretty much shows the team all together(and that horrible misclick.)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-433791671 Against an Agilipass offence with some dangerous stuff like lo lapras and lo stoutland.

MaroGod And Akir thanks a lot boys. :)

TRAPPING FOR THE THREE-HEADED LIZARD

Trap God (Trapinch) @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Quick Attack
- Toxic

Rock Head (Golem) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sturdy
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Sucker Punch

Grass Head (Servine) @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Water Head (Huntail) @ White Herb
Ability: Swift Swim
Naughty Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Beam
- Waterfall
- Shell Smash

Support #1 (Clefairy) @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Support #2 (Vullaby) (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Foul Play
- Toxic

So this team originally started off with scarf Rotom-F rather than Vullaby as I appreciated the speed it offered and the ability to trick a stall mon, but realized that hazard removal was more important to me. I have Clefairy as a setter and way to spread status. It's weird using seismic toss over moonblast, but I noticed the extra damage provided by seismic toss to be much more beneficial than a chance to lower Sp. Atk.
Of course I had to add trapinch as it was the core mon. It's its standard set and gets rid of annoying bulky mons, powerful special attacks and electrics, pawniard, monferno (especially in conjunction with def. vullaby), and more which lets my Three Headed Monster go off.
Now onto the Three-Headed Sweeping Lizard consisting of Golem, Servine, and Huntail. So I am in love with set-up sweepers in this meta, especially RP WP Golem (which has gotten me to round 6 of open so far), and that's what this team is mainly for. Clefairy and Vullaby support these three by adding and removing hazards (to keep sturdy for Golem) as well as statusing the opposing team. Trapinch gets rid of certain threats and they sweep. These 3 end up covering each others counters fairly easily. The point of the team is to use one sweeper and remove as much of the other team as can do, and in some cases the entire team. Servine is bulky and has good enough special defense to tank hits and slowly get up to +6 Sp. Atk. Mixed huntail is severly underrated as it takes out grass threats with ice beam and has decent priority in sucker punch to handle bulky water types or at least damage them enough for the next sweeper to easily remove them.

With Vullaby:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-433914172 (Servine sweep)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-433916442 (Servine sweep)
With Rotom-F:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-433153946 (Huntail sweeps)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-433141985 (Almost blew the game but all mons set up)

Will probably edit with more replays, but hopefully different sweepers

trapinch-2.gif
cacturne-female.gif
zebstrika.gif
stunfisk.gif
kingler.gif
gourgeist.gif

Trapinch @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Atk / 220 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Quick Attack
- Crunch

Cacturne @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sucker Punch

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Stealth Rocks

Kingler @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crabhammer
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor
- Brick Break

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Seed Bomb
- Synthesis
- Toxic

So obviously I started my team with Trapinch as he is the only requirement (I put 40 attack on him to make sure I OHKO Ninetails). The next mons I added were Ninetails and Zebstrika to cover Trapinch's weaknesses. Ninetails was an NP user but I switched it for Cacturne because I wanted to make better use of Trapinch eliminating opposing fire types. Zebstrika had Choice Specs to begin with but I lost one battle and nearly lost another because Zeb couldn't use Thunderbolt and HP Ice, so I changed it to LO. I then added Stunfisk as a standard Special Tank and Kingler as my Choice Scarf. Kingler benefits from Trapinch trapping electric types and is very important to my team as it covers a lot of weaknesses. This sometimes works out great as it allows my team to have more diversity and sometimes works out horribly when my subpar play lets it get KOed. Finally I have Gourgeist on my team as a Physical Wall and a much needed answer to Stoutland.

*I did notice that this team is weak to Ice. If you have any suggestions please PM me on Smogon or PS!, I am on quite often.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)