RU ORAS RU Cup The IV - Round 1

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Welcome to the ORAS RU Cup! This tournament is one of three individual tournaments that will be part of the RU Generations tour. Unlike last year, playoffs WILL be determined by performances in each part of this tour, but your performances will ALSO be weighted towards the prestigious RU ribbon!

Specific Rules:
  • This is a standard ORAS RU tournament.
  • Matches are to be played on PS!, preferably on the smogtours server.
  • All rounds will be a best of three, single elimination.
Standard Rules and Clauses:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Sleep Clause: You cannot inflict sleep upon more than one member of the opposing team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
General Tournament Rules:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
Scheduling:
  • Use VMs to schedule with your opponent to make it easier for me to track activity calls when needed. If you use other methods to contact your opponent outside of VMs, then post in this thread confirming you're in contact with your opponent; otherwise, it's not necessary. Extensions for those with time conflicts will only be given when proof is provided of scheduling with their opponent in the beginning of the round (first 2-3 days). Do not schedule last minute expecting to be compensated in case of timezone conflicts or be given an activity win over your opponent.
ROUND 1

EviGaro
vs. the pharoah
excelphantom vs. RaJ.Shoot
eifo
vs. Hurtadoo
NRTS vs. Senni
NaCl vs. Koalacance
Souw vs. atomicllamas
Descending vs. Tikkito
Dollainthewoods vs. Kableye
Sage
vs. Wamr
Dlanyer vs. trace
Bouff vs. MrAldo
Umbra Soul
vs. Jacobikko
Pohjis vs. Regnite
HaxxSel vs. Shaad Skyel
Real FV13
vs. Aidou
Akashi vs. Luthier
tier
vs. Eternal Spirit
Senpai D.M vs. Yomii
dahli vs. Cheese5555
Oibaf vs. naruto(sage)
egalvanc vs. bye 8
Cam vs. Nailec
Raichy vs. termi
Oathkeepre vs. crucify
Juuno vs. mfhoundoom
Splashbrutha vs. Randomnick
Dankoc vs. Hamhamhamham
Xiri vs. zugubu royale
esche vs. Feliburn
KW vs. bye 4
Sensei Axew vs. bye 5
Finchinator vs. LordST
Decem
vs. Staxi
Sacred Wings vs. lighthouses
Flamita vs. Pinboim3
Bebo vs. yedla
Spl4sh vs. TheFranklin
bye 7 vs. zben
sin city vs. pigassaultking
Mack Knife
vs. Yay
bye10 vs. Ampha
bkdrew vs. Expulso
soTsoT
vs. Endal
fran17 vs. Kaif
Averardo vs. bye 6
pizzaburger28 vs. Sificon
neomon vs. Confluxx

Ending a round in the middle of the week is kind of wack but the deadline would have to be Wednesday 22nd 11:59 PM GMT -5. We will see if we have to extend it since that ending on the middle of the week kind of sucks... Have fun!!

Last edited:

Jade

why are girls?
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
You hate to see it, but...long act post incoming.

I'm gonna have to request an activity win on my opponent. I ask when we can play on Wednesday at 3:15 P.M. He says we can play at 8/9 P.M. tomorrow (aka Thursday), which I accept. I hop on PS at about 7:00 P.M. and stay there waiting until 8:00 P.M. By now I've told him that I'm on and willing to play early, which I don't expect him to but I still expect a response at 8:00. No response comes until 8:41 P.M. where he delays our game for the first time and says he's "not gonna be ready until later tonight."

Vague, but I don't question it and just ask when to re-schedule. I reply that Sunday night works but I'd like a specific time. I proceed to wait for a day and only get a reply on Friday night saying to play then or tomorrow (today). I'm out sick so I don't see this message until this afternoon, where I agree. Fastforward to 8:00 P.M. and we finally get to play our game one. I re-challenge and then get this in reply:

[20:02:49] mfhoundoom: yo i hate to do this especially after that ugly display of hax but could we play in like another 30 minutes
[20:02:53] juuno ✿: ,
[20:02:55] juuno ✿: i dont have all day
[20:03:11] juuno ✿: fine
[20:03:11] mfhoundoom: could we play another day then?
[20:03:21] mfhoundoom: i mean don't wait around
[20:03:29] mfhoundoom: just lemme know if you'll be on then

There's more logs but this pretty much sums it up. At the time of writing this post its been a full hour with no response. I'm sick and have schoolwork to do throughout the rest of the week plus an illness so my schedule won't be as open. My opponent set two times, both of which I said worked for me, then proceeded to delay our match not once, but twice. I don't care if anyone sees this post as "act fishing" but I took time out of my already wonky schedule to try and get this game done with no success due to constant re-scheduling and missed times. All scheduling proof is on my opponent's profile

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)