ORAS OU ORAS Sandstorm Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Team did well until I hit about 1360 rating. Any tips are appreciated.

Bangiras! (Tyranitar) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit

Sets up rocks, sand, and has fire punch for ferrothorn. Smooth rock is for the 8 turn sandstorm

Diggersby (Excadrill) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide

One of the "play makers" of the team. I gave up rapid spin for more coverage, because this team is pretty hyper aggressive, and really doesn't care about rocks.

Rush (Stoutland) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Ice Fang
- Superpower
- Crunch

Surprisingly good sandrush sweeper. Ice Fang for Chomp, and Lando-T. Crunch for any ghost type bullies, and superpower for Ferrothorn. Usually gets the most kills in my battles.

Gandalf (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Soft-Boiled
- Cosmic Power

A really good switch in to what the team really struggles with: Fighting types.

Mairo Krat (Probopass) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Power Gem
- Volt Switch

A really good special wall, as with assault vest+sandstorm, it has absurd special defense. Usually soaks up a hit then volt switches so my sand rush sweepers don't take any damage. Here are some damage calcs

252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Probopass in Sand: 213-255 (65.9 - 78.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+3 252 SpA Manaphy Surf vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Probopass in Sand: 192-228 (59.4 - 70.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

^This thing takes quite a beating

The Color of Power (Garchomp) @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Naughty Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Claw
- Stealth Rock

Honestly, this last slot has seen so many changes, and Mega-Garchomp seems to be the best, but still doesn't put in too much work.

Chadtherest00

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
A lot of mono colors dies easy to the same weakness, but not some bad tech choices. I honestly love the synergy burn/leech seed does in sand storm teams. Just because a status, drain, and storm is a minus 3 at every end phase. You might not be able to maintain those kinda conditions all the time due to seed wearing off once it's switched. But that's fine. An easy minus 2 plus protect can make it a bit more manageable. One thing I used on tyrantar is protect. Protect toxic damage, n sand storm. Then go off into a safe switch..... My suggestions would be

Venusaur
Item: black sludge/mega stone
Sludge bomb
Protect
Toxic
Leech seed

This enables safe switches from water Pokemon. Then if it's something like azumaril you have sludge bomb as a hard counter. If you can predict he's moving into a steel type Pokemon the seeds would be your move. Then into protect. And the drain from the seeds.

I would also recommend

Heatran
Item:leftovers
Lava plume
Protect
Sub
Will o wisp

This could offer you a 2 turn stall if used correctly. With a sub up and an already status Pokemon you could go into protect. That will block for that turn. Then maybe on the next turn you would re sub. If they break you sub. Then protect once again! It's a stall strategy but I feel like I've used it well enough even among those rankings.

Hi there, unfortunately some of your descriptions are rather lacking and not up to the standard as required by the RMT rules. You need to provide an in-depth description of each Pokemon to explain your choices and their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at other RMTs and the RMT archive to see the kind of detail and format we require before posting a thread here. PM me with updated descriptions once you review the rules and I'll reopen this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)