ORAS Ubers Cup - Finals [won by ahhh]

Lacus Clyne

Given-Taken
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion

ORAS Ubers Cup - Finals
Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • This is a standard ORAS Ubers tournament.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • I would strongly encourage you to play your games on the Smogon Tournaments PS! Server since it automatically saves replays.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
  • Standard clauses apply.
  • All the usual Smogon rules regarding activity, timer, disconnection, and ghosting rules apply.
Standard Rules and Clauses:
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • Moody Clause
  • Sleep Clause
This tournament is included in the Smogon Championship 2017 season as :

Round 6

ahhh vs Pohjis
Pohjis vs We Three Kings
We Three Kings vs ahhh

Enjoy! Try to get it done as soon as possible.

check the vm between me and ahhh. we are playing next week due to him having exams this week and i am waiting for him to suggest a time that suits him.

good lord calm down

Last edited:
it always sucks losing in finals, especially when you prepped more and harder than ever. however, you have to give credits for the winner. congratulations ahhh and well done winning this tournament!

since it is one of the very rare oras tours, might just say a word or two. i still remember back in 2016 summer when i got so bored playing it but the very late in autumn 2016 and now after it hasn't been the main gen, it has felt really refreshing and pleasent to play. i had the same vibes with oras ou and i recommend everyone trying out oras ubers. if playing with mad offense or whack stall (which is beatable thanks to good offense) isn't your cup of tea, that is more than fine. leave the balance to hack though, only he can maneuver it perfectly.

also shout-out to durians and thanks to moxie for caring about the tier and prepping etc. during the whole tour. was really fun getting to play a tier i started nearly 3 years ago and even though it didn't end with a result i wanted, we still got a deserving winner.

see you in upl and in other ubers tours, especially in old gens. ggs

It's so exciting for me to win my first championship. It was a huge regret for me to be stopped by a bot in the Uber Grand Slam, which is the first personal tour I attended. Now I make it.
Thanks to all the people supporting me, especially loving1096 . That semi stall from him, which I used in the final, is one of the best team I‘ve seen in Oras Ubers. It's the only team I used from others and did not bring me any loss in the tour. Also show respect to my opponents. It's really a good chance for me to play against these good players.
Oras Ubers is the tier where I grew up and paid so much effort in. Though it's kind of boring to see sample HO flooded on the ladder, there're still many interesting sets and teams. It's also fun for me to be able to play this tier again.
However, personally, I think the Uber tier now has to make some changes. Some mons are going to overwhelm the rest. I know that complex ban is not acceptable and variability is not a factor in consideration of banning. But I still would like to see some of the boost moves banned for P-Groundon(SD and RP) and Necrozma(SD), which will make the environment more balanced. With the love of this tier, I'd not like to see that it focuses too much on the gamble of matching up and the teams are more and more homogenous.
I'll still try my best in the USM Uber seasonal. Wish the Uber tier great again!

It's so exciting for me to win my first championship. It was a huge regret for me to be stopped by a bot in the Uber Grand Slam, which is the first personal tour I attended. Now I make it.
Thanks to all the people supporting me, especially loving1096 . That semi stall from him, which I used in the final, is one of the best team I‘ve seen in Oras Ubers. It's the only team I used from others and did not bring me any loss in the tour. Also show respect to my opponents. It's really a good chance for me to play against these good players.
Oras Ubers is the tier where I grew up and paid so much effort in. Though it's kind of boring to see sample HO flooded on the ladder, there're still many interesting sets and teams. It's also fun for me to be able to play this tier again.
However, personally, I think the Uber tier now has to make some changes. Some mons are going to overwhelm the rest. I know that complex ban is not acceptable and variability is not a factor in consideration of banning. But I still would like to see some of the boost moves banned for P-Groundon(SD and RP) and Necrozma(SD), which will make the environment more balanced. With the love of this tier, I'd not like to see that it focuses too much on the gamble of matching up and the teams are more and more homogenous.
I'll still try my best in the USM Uber seasonal. Wish the Uber tier great again!
Congratulations! ahhh is my most appreciate ubers player for his deep comprehension to the tier, especially ORAS and SM. And I also hold the opinion that fat shits like Primal Groudon and DM Necrozma's access to many useful set up moves restricts the variety of the metagame. Since AG is set to made ubers a balanced tier, I sincerely hope that we can try something new such as complex ban that mentioned above to make ubers a more interesting tier.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)