Tournament Other Metagames Premier League IV - Finals [Won by The Bidoofs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
Well, it all came back to this final clash of two AG's finest in a fierce battle, we are certain the battleground will be full of spectators and the battle itself will be glorious to go down in geography history

DontStealMyPenguin vs LinearCurve

This match will decide who takes home the trophy this year (there's no trophy though).Both the players will put their all effort in this one battle.
gl both!Remember it's Anything goes!

And with that, we conclude OMPL IV. Congratulations to Zangooser, Uselesscrab and everyone on the Five Battle Fighting Battallion on your first OMPL win! Congratulations also to the Legendary Pikachus on getting this far!

See you all next year (and hopefully the finals will be done within a 2 week period next time around)!

edit- i swear dontstealmypenguin's post didn't have the replay when i clicked send :[

Congratulations to everyone else on my team! I never thought we would make it this far after getting 1 point through the first two weeks, but here we are. We had improbable finish after improbable finish — three straight wins to close the season, including three straight games against the Bagons down 2-1 to avoid a tiebreaker, two straight down 3-1 in the finals to force a tiebreaker, and then finally two in a row at the end to make up for our initial deficit. A few additional messages:

Zangooser, you were a great co-manager. I appreciated your advice throughout the season, your optimism, and your willingness to help our players.

Sorry once again to the many subs on our overinflated team who might not have gotten to play as much as they would have liked, or at all. I'd like to thank Eien, Wanka, Ranger Mike, Transcendent God Champion, Illusio, and ihhca in particular for offering support and staying engaged even when they weren't playing. (No offense to the others, shartruce and FLCL, whom I simply didn't talk to much during the season — thanks to you guys as well!)

And to our starters for the last few weeks — you guys pulled this off. 1TL had a fantastic undefeated run starting in Week 3, Klang anchored our team throughout and offered help to other players, DSMP was a great cheap pickup (who ended up winning the championship, obviously), Jordn showed plenty of promise and offered a key win here and there, ellipse was solid as always, and while KOC had a rough go of it, there's still no doubt in my mind that he's one of the best TS players around (keep your head up!) and merits future consideration in upcoming OMPLs.

Ransei and Pikachuun — you guys had an amazing team. You deserved to win just as much as we did, and it's a shame that even with fantastic individual performances you guys couldn't pull it off. You showed that spending big and early is a perfectly viable auction strategy, and one that is definitely worthy of consideration for future teams. The Pikachus also had a great sense of camaraderie that I admired.

Thanks to imas and the OM leaders for seeing this through to its end. I know we were not exactly a fan favorite of Eevee and TI's but I appreciate their constant diligence nonetheless.

In the end, we showed the same perseverance that I attributed to young Caks' five Bidoofs in my much-maligned OMPL signups post. Who knows if I'll be here next year at this time but if I am, I'd love to manage again!

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
I'll tweet this on SmogonU later don't no one else post in the Happenings thread.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Pikachus, our reign has ended, sadly a terrible and surprising defeat to an army of Bidoofs... At least we managed to make it this far and even ahead of everyone else for 4 weeks and we probably even have the exact same score that Bidoofs have now. To this day, I would like to congratulate the members for making it this far. Betathunder, DonnotheFirst (sorry you had to play only once :() Dr. Phd. BJ, draegn, iVid, LaxLapras (grats on being the undefeated player who played the most), Lcass4919, Official Fissure, p2 (sorry you had to only play once :(), and our semi undefeated players, terrors, and thelinearcurve! My main goal when I was drafting was to pick out mostly star OM players to perform quite a balance of skill between the 6 metagames we have. I also picked linearcurve (knowing that he was the best AG player), Lcass4919 (knowing how good he was at BH), draegn (because I got recommendations from his past tutors to draft him, and he is pretty good still despite all his matches being a loss, Betathunder because he asked and I wanted to fill up another good STABmons/TS slot. DonnoTheFirst also asked so I chose him too except I didn't know it was him that asked because he was on an alt... I found that he was decent in BH and AG and during half of the draft, I was really searching for good Monotype and Balanced Hackmons players. This is where terrors and iVid come in. I actually got a PM from somebody from one of the opposing OMPL teams (not gonna say who) that terrors was going to be the absolute biggest disappointment of this entire OMPL. This was definitely false as he was one of the users that got us in the lead in the first place. I was suggested to pick iVid by him, and another person I talked to after he PMed me. In that case, I chose him too. I picked p2 to fill up a final slot assuming that p2 was fairly good as well. I wasn't sure what metagames p2 was good at so I wasn't sure exactly where to place him. (After 3 weeks, I figured it was Monotype.) Pikachuun, it was nice to be in team together. This name made me respect Pikachus more, though I am taking this loss more lightly than I wanted to and more lightly than I should. I just want to congratulate the Five Bidoof Fighting Battalion for winning this and to the Bedroom Blisseys for winning 3 OMPLs in a row. I don't know what to say anymore, and I don't know what I feel about Pikachu anymore... this has been a hype OMPL (until the finals because many people took so much time in comparison to the other weeks .-.). The biggest thing I wish about this tournament was that if we were destined to lose, at least let it not take 3 WEEKS because of people taking a while to prepare. Well anyway, kudos to you all for playing and managing! Beta Bagons, I feel sorry for what happened to your team since you had the least amount of points and some members considered departing. I may encourage you guys to take a step forward next year. By the way speaking of next year, there is also a good chance that I may consider myself to become an OMPL player next year because of this loss, and because I've never played an OMPL game yet.

That is all!

The Five-Bidoof Fighting Battalion

Last edited:

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
sadly moody is a banned ability, so i call win by disqualification imo. we forgot to hold our light balls to increase our winning chance! you used eviolite you cheaters! no but seriously though, congrats bidoofs! tooth and nail battles on every end, and dispite our loss, and my (yet again) terrible w/l ratio, i must say it was pretty fun for what it was. sorry for letting the team down etc etc, but i DID warn you guys klang vs me is a insta loss :P so two of those wins werent even my fault(no johns) breaking one of his mons was literally a godsend of the hax gods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)