Project Other Metas Fantasy Premier League

Status
Not open for further replies.

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff

Art by the amazing Albatr0ss
Other Metas Fantasy Premier League
Welcome to the first season of the Other Metas Fantasy Premier League! This is a small side project that allows you to be a mock manager throughout the entire OMPL 9 season! This is a great opportunity for players to participate in OMPL without actually playing, as well as a chance for players or managers who are already involved to see how they would do with different teams!

The premise is simple:

Everyone is allowed to sign up to be a manger, regardless of whether you are participating in OMPL or not. Managers will be given 100000* credits to buy players for their team after the OMPL draft is concluded. There is no limit to how many different teams a player can be bought by, and the entire draft pool is available for everyone to buy. Using the official draft pricelist, managers will spend their credits to buy at least 8 players and build a fantasy OMPL team, making sure that they draft players to fill each metagame. After each week is posted, players will have 48 hours to post their 6-man lineup based on which players are placed in which formats for that week. At the end of each week, for each win that the players earn, the team will earn 1 point. Players must be placed into whatever slots they are playing that week, and if a team has no players in a certain meta in a week, they will not be able to gain any points from that meta.

*There are ongoing discussions about wallet and manager buy prices, these will be changed to reflect what is being done in the official draft.

Special Rules and Regulations:
on manager prices: managers will be able to be bought for 1.5x the manager self-buy price. Manager price will be 30k credits.

on substitutions: if a player is substituted out, managers will have 24 hours to replace that player with another player on their team that is playing in the same meta. If the team does not have another player that is also playing in that meta for that week, they will not be able to score points from that slot. If your sub has already played and won their game, you will be able to gain points for that win. Teams are "locked in" when they are submitted on the first day of the week, and substitutions are only to be made in emergencies.

on refunds or sellbacks: if a player is sold or refunded, teams who bought that player will be awarded credits to buy another player. However, players' previous wins can NOT be reverse-banked to score more points.

on final ties: if two or more players have the same amount of points after the conclusion of the ompl finals, the tied players will look at any and all tiebreaks throughout the season, tallying up wins from each tiebreak. The player with more wins in all tiebreaks will be declared the winner. The maximum amount of points that can be gained from a two team tiebreak is 3, with one point for each win. If a clear winner is still not found by this method, the players with the most points after tiebreaks are calculated will all be declared winners.

on semis and finals: Players will only be able to use players that are on playoffs-qualified teams during the semis and finals. Players who are not on these teams will be considered "dead players" going into the finals, and if you do not have any qualified players that can play in a slot, you will not be able to gain points for that slot.

on tiebreaks: players will not be able to gain points from tiebreaks unless they are tied for first place at the end of the final week. In that case, tiebreaks will be used to tiebreak using the method mentioned in the "on final ties" section above.

on not sending in new lineups: if a new lineup is not sent at the beginning of a new week, the lineup from the previous week will be re-used.

Example Signup and Buylist (using OMPL 8 pricelist)
Code:
Manager: berry
Team: Zooming Azumarills
buy @Gmansour20 - 8k - 72k left
buy @dimrah - 4.5k - 67.5k left
buy @sugarhigh - 7.5k - 60k left
buy @xavgb - 24k - 36k left
buy @PinkDragonTamer - 9.5k - 26.5 left
buy @Sylveon. - 20.5k - 6k left
buy @Fardin - 3k - 3k left
buy @Alternatif - 3k - 0k left
Example of how a week could play out
week 1 lineup: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ompl-viii-week-1.3662572/

aaa: no player from my list
bh: sugarhigh
camo: geerat
mnm: xavgb
nfe: no player from my list
stab: no player from my list

From this week, i would gain 1 point for geerat winning in camo and xavgb winning in mnm, i would gain 0 points from sugar losing in bh, and i would gain 0 points for each of the metas i didn't have a player in.

Signups and team submissions will open during the OMPL 9 draft. I encourage fantasy managers to watch the draft and build and plan their teams during the draft to avoid delays. Signups and team submissions will close 48 hours after week 2 is posted. Anyone who posts a signup more than 48 hours after week 1 is posted will not be able to gain points for week 1.

Please make any complaints or suggestions in this thread BEFORE the season starts. I am open to suggestions early on, but I become less and less responsive to new ideas the deeper into the season we are.

Last edited:

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Signups and team rosters must be submitted in this EXACT format, inside of a code block to avoid tagging players.
Three Dots -> Code -> set language to General Code -> click Continue -> type inside of the CODE tags.

Code:
buy @Gmansour20 - 8k - 72k left
buy @dimrah - 4.5k - 67.5k left
buy @sugarhigh - 7.5k - 60k left
buy @xavgb - 24k - 36k left * MANAGER
buy @PinkDragonTamer - 9.5k - 26.5 left
buy @Sylveon. - 20.5k - 6k left
buy @Fardin - 3k - 3k left
buy @Alternatif - 3k - 0k left
Weeks must be submitted in this EXACT format, inside of a code block to avoid tagging players. Slots with no available players must have two plus signs (++) next to them.

Code:
WEEK 1
AAA - ++
BH - @sugarhigh
CAMO - @Sylveon.
MNM - @xavgb
NFE - ++
STAB - ++
Substitutes must be submitted in this EXACT format, inside of a code block to avoid tagging players.
Code:
SUBSTITUTE OUT - @xavgb
SUBSTITUTE IN - @Fardin
or in situations where an empty slot is being substituted out or in
Code:
SUBSTITUTE OUT - ++
SUBSTITUTE IN - @Fardin
Code:
SUBSTITUTE OUT - @xavgb
SUBSTITUTE IN - ++

Last edited:

berry

what kind
With the auction date set to Saturday, May 29, we now have a starting time for this project. Additionally, I have changed the week -> lineup submission time from 24 hours to 48 hours to better accommodate all time zones and give all participants a better chance to submit their lineups. Nobody plays on mondays or tuesdays anyway, so I don't think this would make much of a difference. Please note that substitutions must still be made within 24 hours of the sub being posted.

Here is the timeline that I expect to follow in coordination with the OMPL draft and weeks.

DateEventOther Comments
Saturday, May 29OMPL Draft startsFantasy Signups and roster submissions start
Week 1 Posting (TBD, most likely the night of Sun May 30 or the morning of Mon May 31)OMPL Week 1 PostedPlayers have 48 hours to sign up and submit rosters as well as lineups after week 1 is posted.
Week 1 Posting + 48 hoursWeek 1 Lineup Deadline and First round Signup deadlineTeam Submissions for Week 1 close. Team signups and roster submissions remain open, but anyone who submits after this point will not be able to gain points for week 1.
Week 2 Posting (TBD, most likely the night of Sun June 6 or the morning of Mon June 7)OMPL Week 2 PostedPlayers have 48 hours to submit fantasy lineups after week 2 is posted
Week 2 Posting + 48 hoursWeek 2 Lineup Deadline and Final Signup DeadlineTeam Submissions for Week 2 close. Team signups and roster submissions permanently close. Players who signed up between the week 1 + 48 hours and week 2 + 48 hours will not be able to gain points for week 1.

I'm looking forward to an exciting season. Best of luck to all OMPL competitors, and to all Fantasy competitors, start studying mocks and planning out your teams!

Gman

Stay kind, stay compassionate
Wooo let's get this going :blobnom:

Code:
Manager: Gman
Team: The Money Magearnas
buy @Siamato - 23k - 77k left
buy @Sabella - 14k - 63k left
buy @XxSevagxX - 18k - 45k left
buy @ojr - 8k - 37k left
buy @Plas - 12.5k - 24.5k left
buy @qways - 13k - 11.5k left
buy @Osake - 5.5k - 6k left
buy @Hamhamhamhamham - 6k - 0k left
Ty berry for hosting this :heart:

Editing in week 1:
Code:
AAA - @Sabella
BH - @XxSevagxX
CAMO - @Siamato
MNM - @qways
NFE - @ojr
STAB - @Plas
Editing in week 2:
Code:
AAA - @Sabella
BH - @XxSevagxX
CAMO - @Siamato
MNM - @qways
NFE - @ojr
STAB - @Plas
Let's hope Booty plays this week!

Editing in week 3:
Code:
AAA - @Sabella
BH - @XxSevagxX
CAMO - @Siamato
MNM - @qways
NFE - ++
STAB - @Plas
Let's hope Booty wins this week!

Last edited:

berry

what kind
Code:
buy @xavgb- 30k - 70k left * MANAGER
buy @Jett- 8k - 62k left
buy @Hamhamhamhamham - 6k - 56k left
buy @Euphonos - 5k - 51k left
buy @Andyboy - 30k - 21k left * MANAGER
buy @Alternatif - 7.5k - 13.5k left
buy @Maxomega - 3k - 10.5k left
buy @Splash - 3k - 7.5k left
buy @PandaDoux - 4k - 3.5k left
buy @Apathetic Inaction - 3.5k - 0k left

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Code:
Manager: anaconja
Team: shitposting shuckles
buy @xavgb- 30k - 70k left * MANAGER
buy @Jrdn- 30k - 40k left * MANAGER
buy @Betathunder - 10.5k - 29.5k left
buy @King Leo V - 5.5k - 24k left
buy @Euphonos - 5k - 19k left
buy @Onyx Onix 7 - 5k - 14k left
buy @A Touch Of Crazy - 4.5k - 9.5k left
buy @MAMP - 3.5k - 6k left
buy @Smove_$wag - 3k - 3k left
buy @Splash - 3k - 0k left

Code:
Manager: tectonicdestroyer
Team: weebing weezings
buy @atha 16k - 84k left
buy @tectonicdestroyer- 3k - 81k left
buy @skysolo - 18k - 63k left
buy @LBDC- 18k - 45k left
buy @Cityscapes - 25.5k - 19.5k left
buy @Meta - 11k - 8.5k left
buy @Euphonos - 5k - 3.5k left 
buy @TheImmortal- 3.5k - 0k left
w1 lineup
Code:
AAA - @Atha
BH - @Cityscapes
CAMO - @Meta
MNM - @Tectonicdestroyer
NFE - @Skysolo
STAB - @LBDC

W2 Lineup
Code:
Code:
AAA - @Atha
BH - @Cityscapes
CAMO - @Euphonos
MNM - @Tectonicdestroyer
NFE - @Skysolo
STAB - @The Immortal

Last edited:

berry

what kind
Week 1 has finished: Here are the current scores

Gman
Siamato, qways, ojr, Plas

berry
xavgb, Siamato

TectonicDestroyer
Cityscapes, Meta, TectonicDestroyer

anaconja
Jrdn, xavgb
Send me a message if this is incorrect.

Please make sure to post your Week 2 Lineups within 48 hours of the week going up!
Code:
Week 2
AAA - ++
BH - @xavgb
CAMO - @Euphonos
MNM - @Andyboy
NFE - ++
STAB - @Hamhamhamhamham

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)