OU Bisharp and Mega Cham combo Peaked around 1750

This OU team is pretty much build around my mega(which I personally think is the best way of making teams). It takes a while to get used to and requires quite a lot of prediction, but the rewards are pretty good.

Mon 1

The heart of this team is megacham. It is arguably the best mega in the entire game with the ability to hit the hardest in the form of STAB HJK
Evs: 252 Atk, 252 speed and 4 HP.
Nature: Adamant or jolly
Moves-
High Jump Kick/Drain Punch
Ice Punch
Fake Out
Bullet Punch/Psycho Cut

So, straight off the bat I'm gonna say that this will most likely be your go to lead in any scenario. The ability to fake out turn one and peak at a respectable 100 in speed is pretty incredible. For the moves selection, the choice between HJK and and drain punch is entirely up to preference. Drain punch gets pretty nice recovery, but doesnt get those crucial kills. HJK also has the chance to miss and do damage for 50% on to yourself. Important calcs to note are:
252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 334-394 (109.8 - 129.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 204-240 (61 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 246-291 (58 - 68.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

HJK gets a lot of the normal walls switching in, however the miss chance aswell as recovery aren't there. Ice punch in mandatory for lando t and gliscor. don't even think about not running it. Bullet punch is a funny one. This depends on how good you are at predicting I'm afraid. Bullet punch is there if you are confident in the priority vs sucker game. And because double priority is freaking amazing. OR you can go with psycho cut, to get rid of pesky mega venu(conk doesn't matter since it gets ohko'd by a hjk).

Next, i needed something to counter ghost switching in. Most notably aegislash. One of the best aegi counters is definitely bisharp.
Mon 2

Aegislash switching in on a megacham most likely won't go for the secret sword straight away, so bisharp is one of the best counters coming in on a shadow ball.
Evs: 252Atk, 144 Spd, 112 HP
Nature: Adamant or adamant
Item- life orb, maybe lefties
Moves-
Knock Off
Pursuit
Iron Head
Sucker Punch

Yes, pursuit. The bread and butter of this bisharp set. I've got sooooo many kills against aegi who try to switch out. life orb is the preferred item, as it then hits like a truck. And if you aren't life orb, this happens
252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 236-282 (72.8 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
These two are pretty much a great attack pair and work in great synergy

On to the next. I think I'll cover the last offensive mon, which will be deoxys speed

Mon 3

deoxys speed is one of those pokes which have unlawfully moved to OU(BL), not getting tested and our now wrecking house

EVs: 244 Spd / 172 SAtk / 92 Atk
Nature: Rash
Item- Life Orb
Moves-
Superpower
Psycho Boost
Ice Beam
Knock off/Fire Punch

The speed evs allow you to outspeed +1 jolly charizard x and scarf garchomp. Naive because priority tends to be physical, and lets face it, who can outspeed deoxys s stock. The moves kind of speak for them selves. Ice beam to hit lando t and gliscor. psycho boost to hit mega venu and its strong as hell. superpower for heatran and ttar. Knock off is growing on to me after a friend recommended it to me . Fire punch was there for scizor's who want to switch in, but after looking at my walls, my team doesnt care about mega scizor, even at +6. so thats all i can say about deoxys. amazing poke that is somehow in the mix of BL- OU. oh, calcs to show that LO is better.

170+ SpA Deoxys-S Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Conkeldurr: 356-420 (85.9 - 101.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Not a sure kill and knock off will definitely ohko.

Now i needed a wall core and way of getting hazards on and off the field. For a way of rocks on the field, my thoughts immediately went to heatran

Mon 4

Looking at my team, any person with decent background of the current OU meta will easily say from my first 3 mons 'Hey, your team gets destroyed by talonflame'. Heatran is one of the, if not the best counter to talon flame hands down. Well i guess most rock types deal with talon pretty well, but anyway. Heatran also helps with the volcarona weakness and lets me set up stealth rocks

Evs: 252 Spdef/252HP and 4 Spatk
Nature: Calm
Moves-
Item- lefties/air balloon
lava plume/flame thrower/magma storm
stealth rocks
roar/protect
toxic/roar/earth power

As you can see, the moves are in a bit of a mess. There are soooooo many decent moves that Heatran gets and I get serious 4 move slot syndrome with him. roar is pretty essential, since heatran can do jack to a roost crona and a roost talon setting up in your face. toxic is there to win the stall war and because i don't have status on anything else in my team. well kinda, but we will get to that later. obvious rocks are obvious. if you are making a team without a stealth rocker, you are in seeeeerious trouble. Lava plume gets the 30% (70%) burn chance. Flamethrower is that added power, but in my experience doesnt get any more kills. Magma storm is a weird one, but there is definite potential. I mean trapping an incoming chansey then toxicing it has to be the greatest feeling ever. Lefties are better than air balloon in my opinion, but thats only because heatran doesnt get any recovery( i mean it should get roost, golurk gets fly and rhydon gets surf. it does look like a lava duck too). IMPORTANT NOTE: Heatran walls mega venu and mega zard y to a certain extent which is pretty amazing

So now i needed a physical def wall and a defog/rapid spinner. This was around the time when we were banning mega lucario and genesect. Since this was a legit team, I had to think of which megas will get spammed. I was 90% sure megacham wouldn't be used to often since it is a uu poke. So my eyes drifted to mega pinsir. Zapdos seemed like the obvious choice.

Mon 5

Zapdos is already an amazing poke in itself, with its great typing and legendary stats. However, with all the mega pinsirs running around, it has just been amplified even further. It resists both stab (most notably flying) and can hit for super effective. How can you not like it :P

Evs: 252 Def/252 HP/4Spatk
Nature- Bold
Moves-
Thunderbolt/volt switch
heat wave/ hp ice
roost
defog

Defensive set so the 252 252 and nature should be simple enough. Roost for recover (woo, its actually a bird), and defog because defog is OP but still doesnt get nerfed sigh. Anywho, t bolt is better than volt switch by quite a distance i feel. 1. more power 2. its a wall, why would you want to switch out... heat wave or hp ice is kinda what you are feeling. I guess i can see hp ice working, because of gliscors and landorus'. But heat wave is just better for me, especially when you are facing a smart ou player who doesnt evolve their mega pokemon every time they can. (quick side note, if the opponent has a rotom w or zapdos, they are going to switch in on it and you know you can get a free sd up, DONT MEGA EVOLVE. you will just hit the opposing mon for resisted hit and they can hit you back for super effective). <--- That is why i use heat wave. some guy did like 46% with a return to my zapdos in the regular form, and i just face palmed then and there. Moving on.

So this last mon is like that moment when you have to choose between like 10 different people. I mean, I'm more of a semi stall person ( if you have seen my uu team which i will do a RMT soon of, you will know), so i would prefer a wall in this place. But notable offensive mentions include: talonflame, volcarona, trick scarf latios and maybe gengar. For this space, I have been going back and forth between standard def slowbro and tangrowth. Actually, thinking about it quagsire would fit this role perfectally too. For the sake of space and all of you most likely getting bored right now, I'm showcasing tan growth, but feel free to ask the reasons why i was using slowbro.

Mon6

Tangrowth started as one of those mons where you are like 'hey I want to be indie', but has turned out to be a very nice stopped to a few ou threats (albeit not many). It's turned out to be a great pivot switch and leech seed/sleep powder blocker

Evs: 96 SDef / 252 HP / 160 Def
Nature- Sassy
Item- AV
Moves-
Giga drain/Leaf storm
Earthquake
Knock off
Hp fire/ice

Yup, AV Tangrowth. Now before someone accuses me of being a 'BT fanboy', I'm 95% sure I was the first one to use an AV tan growth on the ladders. Moving on, Regenerator + tan growth's natural bulk makes it a force to be reckoned with. Its evs and nature were for some common threat, but i can't quite remember it... Giga drain for recover, eq for coverage. Hp fire for incoming mega scizors or ones that try to set up sds. Knock off because if something learns knock off 9/10 times it will have it :I. As i previously mentioned, Tangrowth is an amazing pivot with the regen and av combo and can take hits from things like patios. Leaf storm can also be used as it hits harder and you don't really need the +2 in SpAtk. (shoutout to glitter girl).

If you want to see the slowbro i was running here is the pastebin
http://pastebin.com/578y1Ab3 As you can see, this slowbro is specially tailored to take out mega zard x.

So thats the team, use it if you want. As I usually say to people making teams, find what you are good at then make a team based off that. Here is the pastebin.
http://pastebin.com/Su2rruR4

Here is a replay of this team having success
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-91616375 <--- shows off the megacham bisharp combo kinda
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/frost-ou-347566 <--- AV tangrowth is legit
I did have a match against WECAMEASROMANS with slowbro and got some success with that, but i didn't save the replay, because I didn't think he would end up in top 10 e.e.

Have fun, feedback is appreciated :)

P.S apologies about the size of the pictures, but i got kinda lazy towards the end :P

Last edited:
This is a very nice team! BiCham has always been a great core, as they 2HKO all relavant threats together. I think one major issue this team has is CB Terrakion. It does a number to all of your pokemon, and is a pretty large threat all around to you. Opposing Mega-Medichams also can blitz through you with little to no problem. The next problem your team faces is not a specific pokemon, but it is how the team is set up. Using two dedicated walls on a bulky offensive team loses a lot of precious momentum, which can potentially cost you matches due to allowing a pokemon to set up to +2 or +3.

The first change I will make is to turn your SpDef Heatran to Offensive Heatran. This set is still very reliable in setting up stealth rocks, and can still utilize its natural bulk to switch into Talonflames. However, what sets this set apart for offensive teams is its ability to absorb and utilize flash fire to its full potential, while being rather fast and hitting insanely hard with 130 base SAtk, allowing for no setup. While roar is useful, the problem often comes down to being against the last remaining pokemon.

The next change I would make is to change Zapdos to Offensive Pivot Landorus-T. Not only is Landorus just a monster, but it can reliably check the fighting types I said would cause you issues, and it can also beat another threat to your team with ease, Talonflame. It essentially plays the same role as Zapdos, but with Intimidate Support, Better type synergy w/ your team, ability to more reliably check stated fighting types, and access to U-turn, it is the better option.

Obviously if you run SR of Heatran, don't on Lando, and vice versa. If you choose to go with AV lando you have no choice!

Great team though! BiCham is Broken AF Love it. :]

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature / Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock / Toxic
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Grass] / Ancient Power

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers / Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Spd / 172 Def
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off / Toxic / Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Hey there, Nice Team, and Nice core (You stole it off me, from Good Cores forum :3 [Sry if I'm wrong])

First, off all, I'm going to eliminate the slashes on your poke's moveset. There shouldn't really be slashes at all, if you've tested these pokes.
Medicham
HJK > Drain Punch
Psycho Cut > Bullet Punch
Bisharp
Life Orb > Leftovers
Deoxys-S
Fire Punch > Knock Off
Heatran
Air Balloon > Leftovers
Lava Plume > Flamethrower / Magma Storm
Protect > Roar
Roar > Toxic / Earth Power
Zapdos
Thunderbolt > Volt Switch
Heat Wave > Hp Ice
Add in Defog
(Defog is not in the original post, but it's in the pastebin)
Tangrowth
Giga Drain > Leaf Storm
HP Ice > HP Fire

Now, Onto the rate!
(I am going to account that you have removed the slashes, and made the changes above.)

First off all, your Medicham Sets inefficient. I would suggest replacing Fake Out. Fake out, while yes, a good move, waists a precious move slot that could be used for a coverage move, or substitute. Thunderpunch can go there, allowing you deal Heavy Damage to Azumarill on the switch, or Fire Punch, Allowing you to do the same to Aegislash. Since medicham also forces switches, substitute is a nice option. It keeps Medicham from getting revenge killed, and eases prediction.

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch / Fire Punch / Substitute
- Psycho Cut

Next, while I see you LOVE Tangrowth, I would Suggest replacing tangrowth with a specially defencive amoongus. Tangrowth has absolute trash Special Defence, and should never be taken as a special wall. On the other hand, Amoongus, while having 114 HP and 80 Special Defence compared to the 100 and 50 of Tangrowth, is perfectly fit for that role. And hey, it has regenerator to! :3. Amoongus can support your team with its acces to spore, nice special bulk, and access to to stun spore. It can be an excellent pivot, and will fit well on your team being able to spread paralysis, so your Medicham can hit faster foes.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SDef
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb / Clear Smog
- Stun Spore

Heatran should use Air Ballon > Leftovers, and Use the set in the above post. Here's why... if you Keep your Air Ballon Intact on Heatran until the opponent sends out either Charizard, or Pinsir. You can then switch into Heatran as they set up. Then, with the offencive set that brawlfest posted, nail them while they break your balloon. Neat, Eh?

Hope this helped!
Good day to you sir~

Last edited:
The next change I would make is to change Zapdos to Offensive Pivot Landorus-T.
First of all thanks for the suggestions, posted this on another forum and got pretty much nothing. I used zapdos for the defog, since i believe that defog/rapid spin is pretty much mandatory on every team. And i don't want to bank on the opponent defogging. I know my team isn't necessarily weak to SR but, i play a tad recklessly and thats why i use defog. Zapdos is also there because of mega pinsir spam, which is pretty evident these days. And calcls like these :+1 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-T: 286-337 (74.8 - 88.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery, mean that i have to predict the sd, which is pretty risky. But i shall certainly try lando t, as i have a certain zard x weakness and usually have to sack to kill it. Thanks for the offensive heatran suggestion too, i shall definitely try it :)

I would suggest replacing Fake Out.Thunderpunch can go there, allowing you deal Heavy Damage to Azumarill on the switch
Thanks again for the feedback :). Fake out is there for against lead lando t, which (might) outspeed turn 1 depending on the set. Fake out also deals a hefty damage and being +4 priority, is pretty much guaranteed damage on anything. Furthermore fake out with bp takes out a smeargle which is pretty handy. Azumarill doesnt really trouble this team, because of a mix from tangrowth/amoongus (which i am probably going to change it to) and zapdos which lives aqua jet with relative ease. And tbh, for the switch i usually just smack something up with a HJK, since it still does a hefty chunk to anything that is not ghost. Aegi isn't too big of a threat with bisharp and medi.
Yeah this was a kind of joke when gen6 came out as did AV, and i thought hey tangrowth is awesome, why not slap on an AV. After that i used either slowbro or amoongus for the reasons that you mentioned

Tangrowth has absolute trash Special Defence,
252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 96 SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth: 313-369 (77.4 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO js ;)

(You stole it off me, from Good Cores forum :3 [Sry if I'm wrong])
Actually I was using megacham on my original team, then realised aegi could freely switch in on it. And my friend wrecked me with his bisharp set, so I was like wynaut :P.

First of all thanks for the suggestions, posted this on another forum and got pretty much nothing. I used zapdos for the defog, since i believe that defog/rapid spin is pretty much mandatory on every team. And i don't want to bank on the opponent defogging. I know my team isn't necessarily weak to SR but, i play a tad recklessly and thats why i use defog. Zapdos is also there because of mega pinsir spam, which is pretty evident these days. And calcls like these :+1 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-T: 286-337 (74.8 - 88.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery, mean that i have to predict the sd, which is pretty risky. But i shall certainly try lando t, as i have a certain zard x weakness and usually have to sack to kill it. Thanks for the offensive heatran suggestion too, i shall definitely try it :)

Thanks again for the feedback :). Fake out is there for against lead lando t, which (might) outspeed turn 1 depending on the set. Fake out also deals a hefty damage and being +4 priority, is pretty much guaranteed damage on anything. Furthermore fake out with bp takes out a smeargle which is pretty handy. Azumarill doesnt really trouble this team, because of a mix from tangrowth/amoongus (which i am probably going to change it to) and zapdos which lives aqua jet with relative ease. And tbh, for the switch i usually just smack something up with a HJK, since it still does a hefty chunk to anything that is not ghost. Aegi isn't too big of a threat with bisharp and medi.
Yeah this was a kind of joke when gen6 came out as did AV, and i thought hey tangrowth is awesome, why not slap on an AV. After that i used either slowbro or amoongus for the reasons that you mentioned

252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 96 SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth: 313-369 (77.4 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO js ;)

Actually I was using megacham on my original team, then realised aegi could freely switch in on it. And my friend wrecked me with his bisharp set, so I was like wynaut :P.
About Fake Out, what I'm saying is your wasting a move slot that can be used for valuable coverage or subsitute. I would strongly recomend testing substitute and fire punch / thunderpunch to see how good it is.

Bout tangrowth:
252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 216+ SpD Amoonguss: 273-322 (63.1 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
That's without The AV. Plus, amoongus can spread Paraylsis. Paraylsis combined with Medicham is awsome, I suggest you at least try it.

About Fake Out, what I'm saying is your wasting a move slot that can be used for valuable coverage or subsitute. I would strongly recomend testing substitute and fire punch / thunderpunch to see how good it is.
Hmm, the sub set sounds very interesting, as i can usually sub up on ferro's or lead heatran. And yeah, i did start to use amoongus later on after i realised all tan growth was good for was knocking off unfortunately :(

Reactions: Air

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)