Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Focus Blast/It learns a bunch of fighting moves
- Teleport
- Future Sight/Scald
- Slack Off/Scald

slowking is one of the best counters to volcanion,none of the moves from specs modest reliably 3hko,and once yk what move its locked into its not that hard to play around. this set also acts as a weavile lure,much like colburpress bro. it invites weav to kill it with knock,doesnt die,and kills it with a fighting move. given spread always lives +2 knock from jolly weav coz i've seen jolly more rn. even if its admant you can just tweak the evs a bit it'll always counter volcanion anyway

252+ SpA Choice Specs Volcanion Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 192+ SpD Slowking: 121-143 (30.7 - 36.2%) -- 55.4% chance to 3HKO (can easily scout and heal off damage)
+2 252 Atk Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 64 Def Colbur Berry Slowking: 333-393 (84.5 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
focus blast kills weavile trust me bro

Last edited:
:ss/Tapu-koko:
Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Roost
While Koko cannot switch into anything but Ice Shard it can OHKO both Volcanion and Weavile with its STABs.
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Volcanion in Electric Terrain : 437-515 (120.3 - 141.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Weavile: 312-369 (111 - 131.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Arctozolt @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 20 SpA / 4 SpD / 232 Spe
Naive Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Blizzard
- Low Kick
- Substitute

Low kick = dead weavile
Bolt beak = dead volcanion

It is hard to get it in and it needs the weather support but it will usually be up when you are using arctozolt

Our boy is back...

HITMONTOP!!

:ss/hitmontop:

Hitmontop (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Earthquake
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch

When I saw this duo, I immediately thought of Zeraora. And then Washtom. And then offensive Pex (?) but the world ain't ready for that yet, so here I am with Hitmontop! Its priority mach punch will take care of any Weavile (just make sure you don't lose your Assault Vest.) and the combination of Fake Out, Earthquake, and - if chipped down - Sucker Punch can take down a Specs Volcanion as well!

I'll finish this post later with calcs I promise
-Omar

I’m new to this so sorry if it’s bad

Regieleki @
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin
- Hyper Beam

i love specs eleki and this is just another core it demolished without second thought, our speeding and OHKO ing every possible set.

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- U-Turn

The bear obviously has to watch out for burns and losing its Band, but it can tank any one attack from Volc after rocks and Weavile's unboosted Ice STABs are free entry, and once it's in, they're out.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Volcanion Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 256-302 (75 - 88.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 99-120 (29 - 35.1%) -- approx. 9% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 93-111 (27.2 - 32.5%) -- approx. 4HKO
+2 252+ Atk Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 201-240 (58.9 - 70.3%) -- approx. 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 186-219 (54.5 - 64.2%) -- approx. 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcanion: 252-297 (83.7 - 98.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock)
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weavile: 1668-1968 (593.5 - 700.3%) -- guaranteed nuclear wasteland

Hello there!
I'm sorry for the sudden stop, I've been extremely busy irl lately and I'm not really having much time and energy to regularly keep up with any of the projects I host.
I'll get to these as soon as possible but I'm only going to get busier, so if anyone is interested in hosting this project feel free to send me a PM either here or on Discord.

Since Pronoob didn't actually make the post in time I'd just like to put zeraora up because it would be a crime not to.

:ss/zeraora:

Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up / Volt Switch

Zeraora. It has favorable odds to OHKO volcanion after rocks and a guaranteed one-shot vs weavile. Volt switch makes this matchup even more favorable for its ability to get free chip damage on volcanion, putting it in range of plasma fists. Bulk up can also work if it gets in on weavile, enabling it to sponge weavile's attacks before OHKOing both. Great mon, great matchup, knocks lando, end of story.

Since Pronoob didn't actually make the post in time I'd just like to put zeraora up because it would be a crime not to.

:ss/zeraora:

Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up / Volt Switch

Zeraora. It has favorable odds to OHKO volcanion after rocks and a guaranteed one-shot vs weavile. Volt switch makes this matchup even more favorable for its ability to get free chip damage on volcanion, putting it in range of plasma fists. Bulk up can also work if it gets in on weavile, enabling it to sponge weavile's attacks before OHKOing both. Great mon, great matchup, knocks lando, end of story.
IO kinda forgot I did that...but ye i was gonna do the same set.

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hey there, this project will stop being hosting for the rest of gen 8. Thanks to all the people who gave some of their time to host it and thanks to all of those who were contributing to this project by regularly submitting and/or voting.

Here are the weekly projects that will remain open in the forum, feel free to participate in them and to contact me (doom_desire#0622 on discord) if you want to help hosting one of these:

Victim of the Week: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...ndra-victim-of-the-week.3665831/#post-8498207
Next Best Thing: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ou-next-best-thing-cycle-68-nihilego-submission.3659339/
Lure that Threat: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ss-ou-lure-that-threat-round-14-buzzwole-submissions.3686387/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)