Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock / Flamethrower
- Wish / Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled / Protect

I made this set largely bc I didn't like that SpD clef could still lose to hydra and was basically useless after checking it. The only way around this was babiri berry, meaning flash cannon is basically not SE and therefore easy enough for clef to stomach. It also allows you to invest in physical bulk, giving a better dug matchup and also a soft check to fightings such as lucha and conk (facade really hurts but doesnt kill). The SpD allows it to check modest specs pult and even tank a +2 leaf storm/overheat from rotom mow/heat (mostly for mow, you do nothing to heat). Babiri also makes you a better clangorous soul kommo check. Choose between wish SR and flamethrower as required, I personally think wish + softboiled > wishtect due to lack of lefties but tect can be useful if your team is relatively toxic reliant.

Last edited:
Encore

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Encore
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish / Thunder Wave / Aromatherapy

Encore is a pretty cool option as it lets you annoy a lot of Clefable's tradition answers like Toxapex and Ferrothorn. While you don't think you outright win against them still. You can lock them into a unfavorable move for its team mates to capitalize on. I think its really good with Wish since it lets you safely get a weakened teammate in without predictions but Thunder Wave and Aromatherapy still have they're uses.

Last edited:

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Trick Teleport Clef

Clefable @ Babiri Berry / Iron Ball / Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Teleport
- Moonlight
- Counter / Trick / Whatever

Slow Momentum Clef. Teleport is dope as shit with it's negative priority switch outs. Resist berry means you can use counter to make it rock solid slow as fuck. You can also run Iron Ball Trick if you want. basically this is "Go Second Clef"

Basically
Babiry Berry + Counter
Iron Ball + Trick
Lefties + Whatever you want

PS - Softboiled and Wish are incompat with Teleport am I right?

Last edited:

Scarfire

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Clefable @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast / Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Calm Mind / Healing Wish

Idk y'all I hate this mon. Scarf sounds like a cool meme for some surprise ko's, but realistically you're just gonna trick it for cm sweeps.

Gravity + Teleport

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Gravity
- Moonblast
- Teleport
- Moonlight (Soft-boiled is illegal with Teleport)

Okay so this is similar to the earlier Teleport set, but with the addition of Gravity. The idea here is to pair this set up with Dugtrio. If they pivot into something like Rotom-H against you as you click Gravity it puts them in a very unfavourable position. If they go for Overheat or Nasty Plot the Clefable Teleports out and then they're trapped by Dugtrio. If they switch or Volt Switch out, the Clefable user gains momentum with Teleport and can bring in whatever they want, including a Ground type that can just spam EQ. If they click Volt Switch you can also bring Dugtrio hard in on it and trap them too, so that comes with a risk as well. This set can also enable trapping of Corviknight through a similar method, but also just works for bringing in Dugtrio safely against other things that you don't need Gravity for like Toxapex or Excadrill. Gravity also helps support offensive Ground types in general, like Excadrill. And it can help Dugtrio even in situations where it can't trap something. For instance if you bring Dugtrio in and it turns out they're a random Shed Shell mon, if Gravity's up, it could still result in them being in a lose-lose situation, since whatever they switch in has to take an Earthquake, and there's barely any OU-viable mons that resist Earthquake under Gravity. There's like... Celebi, Ludicolo, Araquanid, Ribombee, and Shedinja. That's it. So yeah something like Excadrill loves this too, or any mons that rely on inaccurate moves like Keldeo or Dracozolt.

Last edited:
Do you hear that? It's the sound of... a drum.

Clefable @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Fire Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Clefable was gifted Play Rough this generation (technically last gen in Let's Go but whatever). While its Attack stat is somewhat lacking, it can use Belly Drum to immediately raise it to respectable levels, and use its wide movepool to bash would-be answers. You'd probably want to run this with web support so you can outrun Aegislash, Bisharp, Toxtricity, Dracovish, and Excadrill (and probably a few other things, but those are the ones that can wreck you otherwise).

+6 252+ Atk Clefable Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Corviknight: 458-540 (114.5 - 135%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+5 252+ Atk Clefable Fire Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 312-368 (119.5 - 140.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+6 252+ Atk Clefable Play Rough vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 324-381 (89.5 - 105.2%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO, 56.3% after Stealth Rock
+6 252+ Atk Clefable Fire Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 722-850 (199.4 - 234.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+6 252+ Atk Clefable Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Heat: 240-283 (78.9 - 93%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+6 252+ Atk Clefable Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 272-320 (89.4 - 105.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+6 252+ Atk Clefable Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 568-672 (161.3 - 190.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+6 252+ Atk Clefable Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Seismitoad: 372-438 (89.8 - 105.7%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO, 68.8% after Stealth Rock

+6 252+ Atk Clefable Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 276-325 (65.7 - 77.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+6 252+ Atk Clefable Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Flareon: 385-453 (115.2 - 135.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+6 252+ Atk Clefable Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Centiskorch: 362-426 (89.6 - 105.4%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

Sub-Belly Drum

A fun twist on a heatah fajita classic.

Clefable @ Salac Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Drain Punch

Coming in all the way from 2015, it's Belly Drum Clef, the original being from this blunder video

With a Salac Berry boost, Clef hits 360 speed, allowing it to outspeed a decent portion of the metagame. Furthermore, most of the time your boost will come behind a sub, or after a drum boost. With webs support it actually outspeeds the entire tier minus fast scarvers or faster levitating Pokemon.

Play Rough is a gift that Clef acquired this gen, and it is strong stab off of drum boosted attack. I have been running Drain Punch more than anything else myself because of the synergy with the rest of the set. Fire Punch and Knock Off are other cool moves but in practice, Drain Punch has been working best for me.

Definitely recommend using alongside webs and rocks minimum. Allows you to net some KOs that you wouldn't otherwise and outspeed key threats like Duggy, Dragapult and Zeraora.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy / Thunder Wave / Stealth Rock
- Wish
- Protect

With the release of Home, Clefable's finally gotten Unaware back - and in a meta where every team has CM Clef, NP Hydreigon, NP Rotom, CS Kommo-o or all four, SpDef Unaware Clef has gone from "Niche as hell but I like it anyway" to "WHY DOES NOBODY BUT ME USE THIS?" I usually run Aromatherapy in the second slot to make up for the lack of Magic Guard, but Clef is still Clef and you can run whatever your team needs.

Last edited:
Trick+Flame Orb Clefable

Clefable @ Flame Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Trick
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

General idea
The lack of Megastones and Z-Crystal is only a blessing when we talk about the utility of Trick, a move that allows us to switch the item we held with the target.
Flame Orb doesn't really affect our Clefable thanks to Magic Guard and the burn protect us from sleep and paralysis, which are still troublesome even to a Magic Guard user.
Flame Orb allows to cut in half the Atk of the opposing physical threat and puts a timer onto it and/or pressuring the opponent to use a turn to use Swords Dance.
Also, we can steal many useful items such as Leftovers, Life Orb, Weakness Policy and so on from the opponent. Keep in mind that we have the bulk and reliable recovery to use Trick repeatedly throughout the match. Just be wary of Black Sludge...
Moonblast + Flamethrower are here for coverage whereas Soft-Boiled is for recovery.

EVs (spread) and item
I choose a basic spread stolen from the utility set with only a minimal difference: 8 Spe Evs in order to outspeed another regular Clefable; also 8 Spe EVs allow us to reach 158 Spe points and 237 after a Scarf fished with Trick. This is enough to outspeed by one point 0 EVs base 100 Spe with neutral nature (such as Mew and Celebi) so we have a chance to revenge kill them if they are at low health. Keep in mind that Fishious Rend from a Dracovish (with no boosting items) is a clean OHKO, though.

252+ Atk burned Corviknight Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Clefable: 142-168 (36 - 42.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO and proceed to stall
0 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Clefable: 154-183 (39 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Last edited:

Perry

slayer
is a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Offensive SR

Clefable (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

This Clefable is a relic that I always tend to use when I desperately need role compression and I've always found it to be very decent. LO Clefable has a surprisingly good early game matchup, being able to dent most hazard setters and removers (fuck you Corv, this is faster) in the tier while still packing passable bulk, allowing her to still check specs pult if relatively healthy.
Dugtrio is a great partner to use alongside it as this Clefable invites Toxapex and other miscellaneous SpD walls that can all be trapped by Dugtrio with pivots & double switches.

Cursed Spells (Utility) Clefable

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 228 HP / 96 SpD / 184 Spe
Calm Nature
- Icy Wind
- Mystical Fire
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off / Stealth Rock / Moonblast / Calm Mind / Healing Wish

Icy Wind and Mystical Fire help Clefable weaken its threats more effectively. 184 Spe to outspeed Jolly Excadrill after an Icy Wind to potentially kill it while in Mystical fire's range. The rest in HP and SpD to check special oriented threats.

Soft Boiled for the recovery, and the last slot depends on what you need.
Stealth Rock for hazards, Knock off to get rid of opponents items such as recovery ones and win the 1v1 vs Life orb/Calm Mind Clefable while also using Mystical fire.
Moonblast to not get too passive, Calm mind to take advantage of Icy wind + Mystical fire, and Healing Wish to support one of your teammates and for example, after using Icy Wind on a threat.

An alternative Ev spread with 228 Spe with Timid nature can be used to outspeed base stat 110 Spe like Gengar and anything below after an Icy Wind.
Unfort max speed can't outspeed Dugtrio but at least with 228 Timid Spe you can check if you can vs an Adamant one after using Icy Wind.

Sticky Stall

:ss/clefable:

Clefable @ Sticky Barb
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SpD
Calm Nature
- Trick
- Moonblast
- Softboiled
- Toxic

This is my first set I've contributed, and I thought it would be a fun one to do. It's a fairly straightforward set with a twist for defensive switch ins: give those pesky Toxapexes, Ferrothorns, etc. that might switch into a stall Clef a good ole sticky barb! Any defensive pokemon will have they're presence severely dampened and slowly eaten through. Plus with the defensive investments, Clef can take a +2 hydreigon flash cannon, a LO gengar Sludge wave (assuming timid nature), and hits from a bunch of others. The Def is also enough to make it so you survive two dugtrio earthquakes while being able to kill it with two moonblasts. You can continue using trick against offensive pokemon to further diminish usefulness of the enemy team, especially if its a LO user. You can do that or continue stalling! Hopefully this is a fun one for y'all.

WishPass
Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast / Fire Blast
- Wish
- Teleport
- Protect

With Baton Pass banned due to its ability to snowball offensive teams, wallbreakers lost a number of effective cleric options which had the ability to pass Wishes without fear of the opponent getting in a "cheap shot" on the recipient prior to healing. Clefable's access to Wish and Teleport allows a plethora of strong but frail wallbreakers (or scarfers) to heal up without fear of being sniped by the opponent upon entry to the field - think Obstagoon, Gengar, Dragapult, Venusaur, Barraskewda, etc. The EV's can be switched around a bit, but Clefable's decent bulk helps ease prediction such that if Clefable is out of range of a KO from whatever switches into it, then Clefable is guaranteed to get the pass off. Moonblast is the strongest attack Clefable has at its disposal; however, you may want to run Fire Blast as it greatly threatens a great number of switch-ins that threaten to deal irreconcilable damage to Clefable - Venusaur (especially in Sun), Aegislash, Excadrill, etc - such that they can't continue to come back in and interfere with Clefable's antics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)