Ability: Gluttony
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 112 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Body Slam
- Recycle
- Heat Crash

Aight so, Snorlax in my opinion is very versatile in this current OU meta. You have several options in AV, CurseLax, Phasing Lax, and other sets of that nature. But have you ever thought about trying Belly Drum? Let me tell you about this set right here!

First off, Snorlax has been a Pokemon I've recently been enjoying a lot in the old gens I've playing, Gen 1-3. Belly Drum Snorlax is more of a staple from Gen 2 so I wanted to incorporate something like this in the current generation due to the stale meta right now. Belly Drum Snorlax is a reliable wallbreaker being able to break the Corvi,Toad,Clef core and not take much damage back from them depending on the Corvi set of course. +6 Body Slam is pivotal in breaking the last two mentioned as well as Toxapex. Heat Crash catches Ferrothorn and Corvi. I made Snorlax have low invest in Attack just to have Snorlax for longevity for special attackers like Kyurem hence why it's heavily invested into HP and Spdef, whence why you can set up on it. The most Kyurem can do with Draco is up to 56% so the Aguav Berry will activate and you can recycle it. The Aguav Berry restores 33% of your health at less than half your HP and paired with Gluttony, the Aguav Berry activates a lot sooner. The Speed investment was for Hippowdon so I can still outspeed it and Body Slam it down. I recommend pairing Snorlax with speed control options like Thunder Wave Jirachi.

Calcs:
+6 4+ Atk Snorlax Heat Crash (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 572-674 (143 - 168.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 4+ Atk Snorlax Body Slam vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 280-330 (66.6 - 78.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 4+ Atk Snorlax Body Slam vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Seismitoad: 378-445 (91.3 - 107.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 4+ Atk Snorlax Body Slam vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Clefable: 562-663 (142.6 - 168.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 4+ Atk Snorlax Body Slam vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 232-274 (76.3 - 90.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

Damage to Lax:
252 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Ice Beam vs. 112 HP / 252 SpD Snorlax: 163-193 (33.3 - 39.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Draco Meteor vs. 112 HP / 252 SpD Snorlax: 237-279 (48.4 - 57%) -- 89.8% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Draco Meteor vs. 112 HP / 252 SpD Snorlax: 216-255 (44.1 - 52.1%) -- 15.6% chance to 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 112 HP / 252 SpD Snorlax: 398-468 (81.3 - 95.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Anyways I hope you have some fun with Good Eats.

Last edited:
143 Snorlax.png

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Block
- Yawn
- Protect
- Counter

The block/yawn/protect is pretty self explanatory. In addition to that, the purpose of this set is to lure and KO Conkeldurr, which is normally a major problem for Snorlax. If--when Snorlax uses Block--Conk switches in, max physical defense guarantees that Snorlax can survive Drain Punch if it's at full health:

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Snorlax: 402-474 (76.7 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

And then Snorlax KO's with Counter. Counter + burn damage is a guaranteed KO if they use Drain Punch, Mach Punch, Knock Off, Facade, or Earthquake. As long as the trapped Conk isn't running Bulk Up, it's toast.

Stockpile Snorlax

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stockpile
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Heat Crash/Curse

General idea
Snorlax already has has a really good special bulk and this trait is enhanced by Thick Fat, the best ability to underline the defensive capabilities of Snorlax.
Stockpile can be used "only" twice, but it allows to boost even our special side, thus allowing Snorlax to check better even some strong physical attackers. Rest+Leftovers is the nail on the coffin when you face Stall pokemons unable to break through our pokèmon.

You have to give up the Atk boost from Curse, but sometimes you can't simply use it because you are forced to switch out in front of a special attackers, so you can't use your boosted Atk anyway.
Still, Curse can be used in the 4th moveslot but, in that case, you have to give up the coverage move and this choice leaves you walled by Steels and Ghosts completely.

This set can't reliably OHKO or 2HKO as reliably as the standard Curse set, but that's why teammates are for.

Calcs:
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ SpD Snorlax: 121-144 (23 - 27.4%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 8 SpA Rotom-Heat Thunder vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ SpD Snorlax: 223-264 (42.5 - 50.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 44 SpA Rotom-Wash Hydro Pump vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ SpD Snorlax: 231-273 (44 - 52%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 0 SpA Rotom-Mow Leaf Storm vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ SpD Snorlax: 262-309 (50 - 58.9%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (Rotom-Mow has the best MU between the usable forms)
+6 252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ SpD Snorlax: 484-569 (92.3 - 108.5%) -- 50% chance to OHKO (it isn't a clean OHKO)
252 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Draco Meteor vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ SpD Snorlax: 144-169 (27.4 - 32.2%) -- 59.3% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 252 SpA Togekiss Air Slash vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ SpD Snorlax: 208-246 (39.6 - 46.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (the problem here is the flinch chance)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Hydro Pump vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ SpD Snorlax: 130-154 (24.8 - 29.3%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 0 SpA Hatterene Psychic vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ SpD Snorlax: 228-268 (43.5 - 51.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 0 SpA Reuniclus Psyshock vs. +1 252 HP / 4 Def Snorlax: 393-463 (75 - 88.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 0 SpA Reuniclus Psyshock vs. +3 252 HP / 4 Def Snorlax: 237-279 (45.2 - 53.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 0 SpA Reuniclus Focus Blast vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ SpD Snorlax: 374-442 (71.3 - 84.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (and keep in mind the miss chance of Focus Blast)
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Focus Blast vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ SpD Snorlax: 133-156 (25.3 - 29.7%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Aegislash-Blade Flash Cannon vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ SpD Snorlax: 102-121 (19.4 - 23%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery

A calc just for fun:
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. +3 252 HP / 4 Def Snorlax: 236-278 (45 - 53%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
nameless90 I'm sorry for such a late response, but putting Facade on the standard Curse set does not make it different enough, which you are aware of. Please change your submission to a more unique one.
Done.

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
Idk man all these Sets are flames and fire, but my vote has to go somewhere, I vote for the Assault Vest-Set by SlowAndBruh

Recycle Starf + 2 attacks. No ability to hit ghosts hurts the starf curse set, otherwise that would get my vote.

Absolutely fire sets this week though team, good stuff.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Voting for Belly Drum

AV would be the best if not for the really questionable move choices. There is no good reason to run multiple Dark-type attacks, the lack of Heat Crash makes it total dead weight vs any team with a Steel-type (which is all of them), and Outrage is a horrendous attack that Snorlax has no business running.

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
:ss/snorlax:

We are really sorry for the delay, but the voting finally concludes now! By its results, the winner of the Cycle 19 is Belly Drum by Attack on Samurott. Congratulations! Your submission will be added to the Hall of Fame soon. So, time to move forward!

Cycle Twenty - Salazzle
:ss/salazzle:

Salazzle is a relatively recent addition to the metagame and has established itself as a strong balance breaker. This is achieved by the Corrosion + Toxic combination crippling absolutely every Pokemon in the metagame besides Clefable and Reuniclus; Salazzle's access to Nasty Plot strongly enhances its offensive prowess as well. The set cotaining both this moves currently is Salazzle's go-to option, but there is definitely some nice potential for more hot sets. As usual, you guys post them here!!

Banned Sets
:heavy-duty boots:

The deadline is Thursday 28th of May. Good luck!​

Amir

Banned deucer.
Took a break from this fun thing to focus on forming team Africa for WCoP.
Anyhow, allow me to introduce you to this lovely beast:

Encore Salazzle.

Salazzle (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Encore
- Flamethrower
- Toxic

This set is a really new set in my opinion, imagine a situation where you want to play aggressive, forcing the opponent to tank a flamethrower,
clicking nasty plot as they try to Slack off with lets say a Hippowdon, or Recover Toxic damage from Toxapex, not fearing anything really.
But then all of a sudden you hit them up with that *clap clap*, Nasty Plot on the switch, or claim a victim that is in the back.
Monologue: "oh no... why did I share this here."
Enjoy your opponent witnessing hell right in front of you.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
:ss/salazzle:
Salazzle @ Heavy Duty Boots / Black Sludge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Sludge Wave / Venoshock
- Flamethrower / Protect

SubToxic Salazzle is able to stall for time versus Pokemon like Seismitoad and Toxapex (mostly the former) that would otherwise force it out regardless of whether it catches them with Toxic on switch-in. The choice between Flamethrower and Protect depends on how much you value being able to directly attack Corviknight/Ferrothorn/Excadrill, although fortunately for Salazzle they're both forced out anyway+Ferro is total Sub bait regardless. Only run Black Sludge if you have really good+consistent hazard control in the back and don't have total hazard bait like, idk, Clefable—the SR weakness+being grounded is frankly really shitty for a 'mon like this even if u do have Tect+Sludge to alleviate it.

Last edited:
Endeavor Salazzle

Salazzle (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Endeavor
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Flamethrower

When thinking of a set, I had in mind the whole point of Salazzle is to Toxic Toxapex / Seismitoad so you pair it with something that can then break.
But even though you can actually spread Toxic with standard sets, you don't really beat Toxapex / Seismitoad with Salazzle.

This set benefits from Salazzle forcing a lot of switches and being one of the fastest Pokemon in the current metagame.
With Endeavor you can kill Toxapex / Snorlax / Seismitoad / any check, while still spreading Toxic everywhere.
Then you pair it with a Pokemon like Primarina or anything that benefits it.

That replay showcases a scenario where you trade Salazzle to remove Toxapex:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1120635853-u02s1nlr1m6jvey7gr6woyvjiostxjgpw

But you could also switch Salazzle out once Toxapex gets poisoned, and pressure with it later, so you’re in a situation where:
Salazzle uses Subsitute on the predicted Toxapex switch (reminder: Toxapex is already poisoned).
You can then kill Toxapex without losing your Salazzle. And weaken something else with Endeavor.

This set also gives (imo) a way to nerf opposing Wish passing, as Salazzle can freely switch in on Clefable and then invalidate the Wishpass by using Endeavor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)