Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest / Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power / Toxic
- Nature Power
- Taunt

Obviously it requires Rillaboom / Tapu Bulu as a partner, Leftovers helps to bluff a set without Power Herb and attract Bulky waters more easily. Handling Grassy Terrain turns can make the set a little inconsistent, but not as much as the accuracy of Magma Storm. Tapu Koko can also be considered, so you can catch something like Pelipper while it is still effective for Slowbro and nothing forbids dual Terrain team.
I use Tapu Fini with this set.

Moonblast OHKOs hydreigon and does 60+ to garchomp.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
:Heatran:
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 204 HP / 176 SpA / 128 Spe*
Modest Nature*
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Lava Plume

*also works with a standard SDef spread, which also helps bluff being fully SDef Heatran

Double Fire Heatran! I'm aware Leftovers is "disallowed", but this plays differently and goes off of a specific luring concept that is quite different than the normal variants. To explain, if you reveal Lava Plume in the early game with Heatran, then Toxapex is far more likely to stay in against you to go for Knock Off/Scald/Recover. From there, getting off a Magma Storm makes it very easy to trap it. The same goes for things like weakened Blissey or Clefable. While you lose the ability to set-up Stealth Rock like the normal set, which can easily be fulfilled by a number of other common options, you gain a ton of practical surprise value that can help eliminate common defensive options. Lava Plume in general is a good move as it can burn things and still does solid STAB damage, but using it + Magma Storm opens up a ton of scenarios where the opponent is lured into a false sense of being able to switch by a former only to be trapped by the combination of the ladder and Taunt+EPower. Being able to remove a Toxapex or a Clefable can open up so many potential paths for teams, too. I think this Heatran set is super underrated, but it is admittedly a little more challenging to fit onto teams than the normal sets we see that have other defined roles (although that is the case for most fun sets showcased here I reckon).

Katy

Banned deucer.
imma vote for doublefire myself. it's a great and innovative set which i do really dig.

but honestly i love how many submissions we have recently, keep it going guys, y'all awesome!

Nature Power by Tio Chico
because the flexibility of this move is huge considering that Heatran pairs well with all the Terrain setters and even the opponent will (unintentionally) help you to set-up one of these Terrains.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Torment/Tect. It needs Magma though so it can trap Eq G-King, especially with terrain support.

Voting for Band, even though it's mostly a meme, I'm surprised at the power (in part due to the dual STAB power) and the surprise factor is fun.

Lots of really good sets though! Double Fire is my second choice, I too hate Magma Miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)