Project OU Next Best Thing: Cycle 87 - Not hosted anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not how percentages work. I'm assuming you're adding up the odds (30% flinch + 33% confusion + 25% paralysis), but you should be multiplying the odds of getting to act. If you do that, you'll get a much less impressive result of 0.7*0.67*0.75 = 35% chance to act, or a 65% chance to skip your turn. That's significantly less payoff for two turns of setup, especially when one of them gets negated as soon as the opponent switches out.
Thanks, i'm too lazy to do math, but I appreciate the correction!

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
Robot7620 your submission is way too similar to Askov's one, with the only differences being a bulkier spread and the lack of items' slash. These aren't suffucient enough to set your submission apart, Robot7620, so please make it more unique; otherwise, it will not be considered in the voting phase which starts today or tomorrow early.

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
All-Out Attacker / Lure

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Darkest Lariat
- Play Rough / Spirit Break
- Fire Punch / Power Whip / Drain Punch (or Superpower) / Sucker Punch
- Power Whip / Fire Punch / Drain Punch (or Superpower) / Sucker Punch

Really fun breaker with amazing coverage for the metagame. Darkest Lariat and Play Rough are good STABs, I went with Play Rough for the power but Spirit Break has good accuracy and the SpA dropping effect can be nice vs some things that can take a couple of hits like Hatterene or incoming Rotoms. Fire Punch gives you a strong hit on Steels, namely Ferrothorn and sorta Corviknight, while Drain Punch is used for recovery + the stronger hit on Bisharp. Power Whip is pretty much just for Seismitoad and to a lesser extent Rotom-W so it's easily substituted for any move you didn't use in the previous slot. Sucker Punch gives you priority so that you match up a little better vs offense. Thunder Punch deserves a mention for hitting Toxapex but it doesn't do much more than that.

Fun with support from stuff like Cinderace to break Steels and Power Whip makes it a really cool partner for Dracovish. Not the best set by any means but really fun to use and I like it a little more than offensive bulk up just for the extra coverage. Frisk is also cool to scout items on stuff like Clef.

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
:ss/grimmsnarl:

Time to vote! It's great to see many interesting sets once again.
There are 11 nominations:

Assault Vest by Andrew Loh
Choice Band + Trick by Katy
Bulk Up + Rest Talk by BlueLobster
/ Bulk Up + 3 Attacks by Askov
/ Power Swap by TURBODERP
Choice Specs + Trick by Petuuuhhh
Bulk Up + Drain Punch by Acey - Danse Macabre
Bulk Up + Taunt by JTD783
Rest Talk + 2 Attacks by nameless90
ParaFlinchFusion by Ryo31337
All-out Attacker / Lure by Lilburr

Robot7620, your submission wasn't included because it is too similar to Askov's.
The deadline is Thursday 6th of February.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)