Project OU Player Interview #5 - beatiful

Welcome to the SS OU Player Interviews! The aim of the project is to feature conversations with some of the biggest names in the tier to try to learn more about them.

==========

beatiful
Favourite Pokemon: Sceptile
Most used Pokemon: Magearna
Most known for:
*Qualifying for multiple OLTs,
*Having a very strong 2020 performance in individuals
*Winning both the SS and SM OU circuits in the same year

hey bea, how are you?

Fine bro, and you ?

yeah nb nb, thanks for asking
you mind telling us a bit about yourself?

thanks to you for asking first. And well, I'm a pretty chill who likes to talk with his friends about anything and watch some basketball, I am 19 years old and currently working in a health insurance company

but that's p cool
but for everyone who can't see your discord avi, who do you think your fav bball player is atm?

Steph's my fav

nice nice
and how's 2021 been treating you so far?

so far it has been good, it is still early but it is good and refreshing to leave a year like 2020 , hopefully the whole year it’s going to be good

yeah hopefully
and while we’re on the topic of good
how does it feel to win two pretty big ribbons in two months?

Honestly it feels really good, even If I have like 5 years since I joined smogon 2020 was my first year playing tours Not named OLT, and after a 3-year hiatus without join to this game, I promised myself that I would play in smogon and try to win at least one individual, my main goals were olt or smogtour but i fell short on both, and these ribbons helped to lift my mood since I wasn’t happy about how did I lost in St.

damn that's p cool, glad your efforts payed off
what do you think brought you back to mons to begin with?

I was talking with my girlfriend about how I used to play a Pokémon game a lot, and a week later, I had a lot of free time and decided to go in, and I saw one of my old friends who invited me to a Latin premier league, and since I had so much free time, I decided to go back
So it was basically a lot free time and my friend
Shoutouts ZDen

lmao that's pretty interesting
so going back to your ribbon runs for a moment, but what do you think let you dominate in those tours?

I think it's the ability to innovate, I'm always building and trying new things with my friends or on the ladder, so I often combine that with my aggressive style of playing and That’s how sometimes I have a little advantage

that's p cool hey
what do you think your favourite innovation has been within the last few months?

Probably the one I used vs umbry, I did a pretty good core of Golem alola to trap heatrans and Mons that are walled / checked by heatran, for example : volcarona without hp ground and golem , charizard without Eq and Golem, it’s pretty simple but it’s really fresh and funny to play with

ok that's sounds pretty fire LOL
so coming off of your ou circuit run and going into spl, what are your general thoughts on the meta?

Honestly I don’t find this meta fun at All, But it’s just the start, and it’s going to evolve a lot on Spl, so hopefully that can change soon for me, since I love ss ( cinderace and magearna are to much still)

yeah i get that
and continuing on with that, what do you think is p underrated atm?

The electric types like thundurus and koko, since we don’t have hp ice on this gen they always forget about things like tapu koko and thundurus, thundurus is pretty dangerous behind a sub, and koko can do a lot things like get momentum , toxic fat mons and speed control to revenge kill
I feel like they should be used more

totally
anyways, is there anything you're looking forwards to seeing this spl?

Besides my team winning, Just see some nice games of ss/Sm and Adv.
and hopefully watch all the battles of my friends and their wins

daww that's sweet
actually while we're here
is there anyone you'd like to shout out

My LA friends, they always showing support and they are the ones that I talk the most
Hola pendejos

finally, is there a team you'd like to share with us

(click for import)
This team is really good to have fun with

LOL that's fire
thanks for sharing this lmao
hmm i guess is there anything else you'd like to say for the people reading this?

For y’all reading this, not matter how good or how bad you are on this game, just try to have fun and forget about the others things, hopefully they coming soon

aww that's sweet
well thanks for the time bro

Always bro
Thanks for take your time doing this
See you around

==========

Feel free to ask Bea any questions. Hope you guys enjoyed the interview and a special thanks to bea again for letting me interview him. If anyone has any recommendations, feel free to hit me up on discord at curiosity#275 or shoot me a convo on smogon if you're still doing that sort of stuff.

Katy

Banned deucer.
Hey friend,
first of all, gratulations to your 2 ribbons and moreover the snake trophy! was an incredible snake run your team did! :blobthumbsup:

1. what do you think about sticky webs hyper offense teams this gen? i feel like they are worse than in previous gens, any opinions on them?

2. which team archetype(s)do you like the most and which team archetype(s) do you like the least? and why is that so?

3. what's your favorite pokemon and least favorite pokemon by design, which got released this gen?

4. favorite food to eat? and favorite music to listen to?

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
Hello! Congrats on your two shiny ribbons!

What's working in an insurance company like?

Favorite basketball team?

Favorite cookie?

Best kind of speed control in the meta in your opinion? Also, what is the best scarfer in your opinion?

Best magearna set for balance/BO in SM OU?

In SM OU, which is better, Buginium Z or Psychium Z Volcarona

What is, in your opinion, the best partner for CB Hoopa-U in USUM?

Thank you for taking your time to answer these questions! I'm not terribly good at this game (honestly "terrible" is a good word to describe me lol), so I really appreciate you answering these questions.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)