Tournament OU Premier League II [Manager Sign-Ups]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD

Co-Hosted with Analytic and starry blanket
Approved by OU moderating team
Welcome to the 2nd OUPL! The OU moderating team and I have decided to give this another go, and hopefully everything goes according to plan this time around.

The details are identical as last time, and are as follows:
  • There will be 6 teams
  • The slots for each team will be: (note that these have not been finalized yet, but we'll keep an even number of tiers at the end)
    • 3 ORAS OU
    • 1 BW OU
    • 1 DPP OU
    • 1 ADV OU
    • 1 GSC OU
    • 1 RBY OU
  • Rosters must be submitted to us by the weekly deadline of Friday at 11:59 PM EST
  • SPL inactivity rules will be applied
This thread is specifically for manager sign ups and will close on April 24th 11:59 PM EST. Player sign ups will start the following day. Also keep in mind that not everyone who signs up will become a captain, and that only 6 of you will be selected.

In addition to the regular manager sign up requirements, we've added a line for selecting tier preference. The tiers selected above aren't final, and we've decided to let you, the players, voice your opinions while signing up. Whether you would like to get rid of older tiers or add more of them, that preference is up to you, and we will keep those opinions in mind when we finalize the tiers to ensure we have a more favorable tier set up for this tour. Finally, there's been some discussion regarding a different drafting style, and have thus created an option where you may choose between auction and snake draft styles.

Please use the following format for your sign up posts:
Username:
Team name:
Availability:
Why would you make a good manager?:
Preferred tier setup:
Preferred draft style:
EXAMPLE said:
Username: Team Pokepals
Team name: The Immaculate Infernapes
Availability: All the time (GMT -6)
Why would you make a good manager?: I'm an OU Room Mod, an OU Forum Mod, and most importantly, I swear I'm good
Preferred tier setup: 3 ORAS, 1 BW, 1 DPP, 1 ADV, 1 GSC, 1 RBY
Preferred draft style: snake
Finally, all non-sign up posts in addition to 1-liners will be deleted to keep the thread clean. Without further ado, you may begin.

Last edited:

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Username: jacob
Team name: The Loving Lati@as
Availability: always
Why would you make a good manager?: I LOVE POKEMON! also i want to lead a team of likewise pokemon lovers to victory!
Preferred tier setup: 4 oras ou, 1 old gens each
Preferred draft style: auction

Last edited:

Ragnarock

Banned deucer.
Username: Zamrock
Team name: The Dashing Dragonites
Availability: Always on for my team
Why would you make a good manager?: I was manager last season, have great knowledge of the OU tiers, high amounts of connections with the player database, think I can handle it
Preferred tier setup: 4 ORAS, 1 BW, 1 DPP, 1 ADV, 1 GSC, 1 RBY sounds fine, altho i like 3 ORAS OU so we can maybe get tiebreakers.
Preferred draft style: in the OU room, but I'll do IRC if I have to (snake)

Last edited:
Username: Prankster
Team Name: The Victorious Volcanions!
Availability: GMT -5 EST, but can accommodate different time zones no problem
Why would you make a good manager: I've managed multiple clans(IMP, MD), multiple tournaments(POWC, co-manager of WCOP, manager of WCOP this year), other forum events (OCL), currently co-own private chat room
Preferred tier set up: All DPP so I can ghost my team(kidding) 4 ORAS OU, 1 old gens each
Preferred draft style: snake, iRC, showdown(prob easier)

Username: born ready
Team name: ovo unruly 6ceptiles
Availability: here
Why would you make a good manager?: alright I'm back again, me and henry couldn't get an spl team, i couldn't get an oupl team last year but summer 16' is my time. i have a league of players that will line up to be on my team. me and henry or ox the fox have compiled an even better list of players that we will draft according to our moneyball tactics that will surely propell our team into the playoffs. here's a link to our mission statement http://hastebin.com/raw/gukalohopo
Preferred tier setup: 5 ORAS, 1 BW, 1 DPP, 1 ADV, 1 GSC

Username: Snowy
Team name: Sunbaked Snovers
Availability: ???
Why would you make a good manager?: I've managed in BLT for 2 seasons coming up, so I'm fairly knowledgable and passionate when it comes to the position. I've been actively playing this game for a while now and have experience in every OU tier (some more then others) and I'm v active despite sporting a busy working scheduling.
Preferred tier setup: 5 ORAS, 1 BW, 1 DPP, 1 ADV, 1 GSC.
Preferred draft style: Idm

Last edited:

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Username: AD impish john A.K.A don yung jeezy lordsquad content creator basedmaster danktgodc
Team name: The Phantom Puppets
Availability: Always Ready to Lose Win
Why would you make a good manager?: I 6-0'd Branflakes and PDC, am I gud yet? Seriously tho, I have pretty well knowledge of the OU Metagame and how most other tiers play out in the ORAS metagame, however I'm probs gonna get destroyed in past gens, LOL...
Preferred tier setup: 4 ORAS, 1 BW, 1 DPP, 1 ADV, 1 GSC, 1 RBY
Preferred draft style: Auction

shartruce

Chartreuse Charmanders/ US WEST 2015!
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: shartruce
Team name: Chartruese Charmanders
Availability: i'm always on
Why would you make a good manager?: Managed in OUPL last year and we did pretty solid, managed quite a few times in OCL, and I have experience with every OU tier (except ADV), and I'm a room mod :]
Preferred tier setup: 5 ORAS, 1 BW, 1 DPP, 1 ADV, 1 GSC, 1 RBY
Preferred draft style: either auction or snake is fine, I'd prefer for it to be on showdown if possible

Last edited:

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Username:praj.pran
Team name:Danklord Weavile
Availability:GMT+3
Why would you make a good manager?:cuz ik all the tier to a extent and nvr got a chance to manage looks like fun to manage
Preferred tier setup:3 oras then all old gen
Preferred draft style:normal auction snake draft is not fair atleast in this tour since less teams are there *_*

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Username: Finchinator
Team name: Inhumane Infernape or FnG Feraligatr or smth, I'll figure
Availability: EST and quite active
Why would you make a good manager?: I've managed various PLs, tours on PO, and probably this upcoming WCOP for central. I tend to be a good teammate and always active/helpful/caring and I'm in touch with the playerbase. Also, tryhard!
Preferred tier setup: what TDK said is chill, idc if managers can play or not
Preferred draft style: auction>snake

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Username: Genesis7
Team name: The Fugazi Feraligatrs
Availability: All the time (GMT -5)
Why would you make a good manager?: I know the tournament and ladder crowd better than anyone, I am extremely confident that I would put together the strongest team in this tournaments. I have managed tournaments offsite a handful of times always with success, on here I have no managerial experience.
Preferred tier setup: 5 ORAS, 1 BW, 1 DPP, 1 ADV, 1 GSC, 1 RBY
Preferred draft style: IRC/PS auction.

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Username:
Lookin'
(Best Set Poster 2015)

Team name:
Lookin' Lookin'
(The TOPSZN Noctowls)

Availability:
LOOKING FOR REVENGE
(ALL SUMMER '16)

Why would you make a good manager?:
Voted by Smogon as the Best Set Poster of 2015. Teamed up with Henry last year to manage OUPL. I've got some experience in team tournaments from playing in SPL and WCOP, and captained in smaller team tournaments such as POWC and OCL. I'd like to believe I have fair cross-generational OU knowledge and a good sense of the playerbase. But can I tell the truth, if I was doing this for you then I'd have nothing left to prove, nah. This for me though - I'm just trying to stay alive and take care of my people; but they don't have no award for that...

Preferred tier setup:
Given last year's turnout, I think it's better to keep it a little smaller with 3 or 4 ORAS slots rather than 5, and then one of each old gen. edit: no managers playing :s

Preferred draft style:
IRC/PS Auction.

Last edited:

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Username: jirachee
Team name: twinleaf thunder
Availability: ye
Why would you make a good manager?: managed last year and I've been around I guess
Preferred tier setup: 4 ORAS, 1 BW, 1 DPP, 1 ADV, 1 GSC, 1 RBY, tour tiers bo3 (ORAS/BW/DPP) and let managers play or 3 ORAS and no bo3 (no managers playing if no bo3)
Preferred draft style: Auction

bruno

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Team name: same one as last year i guess(the menacing metagrosses)
Why would you make a good manager?: managed last year, assman spl etc
Preferred tier setup: 4 ORAS, 1 BW, 1 DPP, 1 ADV, 1 GSC, 1 RBY
anything is fine though just don't make the managers play please

Last edited:
Username: Tomahawk
Team name: The Lucky Lucarios (same as last yr)
Availability: Some evenings my time during the week and weekends (GMT+2)
Why would you make a good manager?: I was manager last yr, I have done WCOP as well and RoAPL
Preferred tier setup: 3 ORAS, 1 BW, 1 DPP, 1 ADV, 1 GSC, 1 RBY, no managers playing.
Preferred draft style: auction, but if a lot of players sign up snake could be fun

we forgot to edit this into the OP, but manager signups are gonna end tomorrow night (EST). so if you haven't signed up & you're interested, you have like 24 hours to do so.

once we decide the managers, we'll post player signups and go from there !!

Username: -Tsunami-
Team name: Avaricious Arcanines
Availability: whenever
Why would you make a good manager?: I managed SPL and do well in pretty much every team tournament o.o I also know pretty much every competent player.
Preferred tier setup: 3 ORAS / 1 BW / 1 DPP / 1 ADV / 1 GSC / 1 RBY (smh at all the people who want a PL without ties)

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Managers have been decided!

Zamrock - The Dashing Dragonites - njnp
TDK - Fuego Ironworks Famahomes - IAmGingy
Finchinator - Inhumane Infernapes - d0nut
Tokyo Tom - The TOPSZN Noctowls - henry
Jirachee - Twinleaf Thunder - soulgazer
KratosMana - The Menacing Metagrosses - -Tsunami-

Congrats to those that have been selected, and now, we'd like for them to select their Assistant Managers and post who they have selected on this thread. I won't lock the thread, but will delete any and all other posts that aren't made by a manager listed above.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)