OU RMT Ambipom's Justice!

Ok well this is my first RMT and I need some feedback. Despite what the title sounds like, this team isn't really built around Ambipom, in fact I originally wanted to build a team around Froslass, but that fell apart when I realised she wouldn't fit anywhere on this team, and she got replaced by Gengar. Tested some on Shoddy, 7 wins 2 losses, 2 people ran from me after ambipom destroyed them.

The team:

Team Analysis

Pompom the lead Ambipom @ Life Orb
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
-Fake Out
-Payback
-Low Kick
-U-Turn

I absolutely LOVE Ambipom as an OU lead, he will use Fake Out to start (obviously) depending on the opps lead, this will do 10-70% Next move all depends on the lead. If it is a bulky lead, U-Turn out into something more appropriate. If it is something like Azelf, it dies unless it switches out. Low Kick takes care of TTar switch ins, also some other heavy rock types. People also often switch in Gengar to take the Fake Out, but Ambi will outspeed and KO with Payback, which for some reason they usually don't expect. After this, Ambi is a revenge killer on certain pokes, or death fodder.

Noms the Bulky Water @ Leftovers
252 Def / 188 HP / 68 Spe
-Wish
-Protect
-Surf
-HP Electric

This is my bulky water, which walls Gyarados quite nicely, and seemingly nothing else. I have a lot of problems with this, as it's my only real Heatran counter, and it takes A LOT of damage from Heatran anyway. This is probably the weakest link on my team, and I need a replacement for it.

Rawr the Speedy Revenger @ Choice Scarf
252 Atk / 228 Spe / 28 HP
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Thunderpunch
-Explosion

Metagross is a nice addition, but I would rather run another set on it, which I probably could if I had some different Pokes on this team. Right now, it is basically a revenge killer, and can do so on Heatran, Gyara, etc. But only if I death fodder, or predict a switch. Explosion is there for hard to kill things for my team such as Bliss etc.

ElfinLied the Unpredictable Azelf @ Life Orb
252 SpA / 216 Spe / 40 Atk
-Psychic
-Flamethrower
-Grass Knot
-Explosion

I love this Azelf set, more so than the lead (I enjoy lead Azelfs on my opp though :D) He is basically my all around sweeper. The huge coverage of this set makes it hard to kill, especially with good prediction on my part. One of the stronger members of this team imo, he does quite well.

Wisp the SubSplit Gengar @ Life Orb
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
-Substitute
-Pain Split
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast

This Gengar is meant to take out heavy opposition, that normally would own my team, such as Bliss (in fact someone ran after I killed his Bliss with this) He really can take quite a beating with Pain Split, he is also quite frail however, so he can only last so long, although he has won me games before.

Bender the Subbing Heatran
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Substitute
-Toxic

I honestly HATE this guy, he seems to die so easily, and is countered really easily. Also, I usually have other Heatrans switched in on him, and even though I use sub on the switch, they will switch again and force a switch.

Lead Weavile poses problems for my lead, as it forces a switch since it will outspeed and 2HKO.

DDNite causes problems if it gets a DD off on the switch, if not, it is usually fairly easily taken out. Would prefer and Ice move however.

If I don't predict right, Heatran can WRECK my team. Otherwise it is fairly easily taken out with Vaporeon, and possibly with Metagross.

Rotom is terrible, Ambipom can put a big dent in it with Payback, but at the price of being burned. It can then be revenge killed, but Rotom is hard on my team as well.

Try pursuit instead of payback to catch a fleeing ghost type.

FINALLY! Someone who uses LO Azelf instead of lead, people have no idea how destructive it is, props for that.

I am thinking about switching Vaporeon for CroCune. Metagross for Gliscor. And Heatran for Honchkrow. These switches would give me better coverage for my weaknesses. Any ideas?

EDIT: Tried the changes, seems way better already.

I suggest Replacing Payback on your Ambipom for Pursuit.

You should replace Noms with a DD Gyrados with Thunder Fang.
I suggest the set:

Gyrados @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 252 HP/144 Atk/112 Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Thunder Fang
-Waterfall
-Earthquake

Dragon Dance to set up a sweep. Thunder Fang to take care of opposing Gyradoses. Waterfall for a STAB attack and Earhquake to take care of opposing Heatrans.

If you use the Gyrados then replace Thunderpunch on Metagross for Ice Punch to take care of opposing dragons.

You should replace Heatran with a Curse Tyranitar with to following set:

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
Nature: Timid
EV's: 252 Atk/144 SpD/112 Def
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Pursuit
-Curse

Rock Slide for a strong STAB. Earthquake for general type coverage. Pursuit to take care of Rotom-A/Other Ghosts and Curse to increase Tyranitar's bulkiness.

As a big fan of using Ambipom in OU I suggest a slightly different moveset.
I suggest: Fake Out / Aerial Ace / Ice Punch / Low Kick.
Payback is actually quite redundant in OU on something that fast (you'll only get 100 bp on the switch-in) and Pursuit is almost useless against Ghost types cause they won't be switching out. Aerial Ace is a OHKO on Gengar after SR damage (and Pom is faster) and against the other Ghost Ambipom can't do much anyway. Aerial Ace (after Fake Out) also takes care of Machamp, Roserade, Azelf, Smeargle, ... -leads. While Ice Punch and Low Kick provide optimal move coverage.

As a big fan of using Ambipom in OU I suggest a slightly different moveset.
I suggest: Fake Out / Aerial Ace / Ice Punch / Low Kick.
Payback is actually quite redundant in OU on something that fast (you'll only get 100 bp on the switch-in) and Pursuit is almost useless against Ghost types cause they won't be switching out. Aerial Ace is a OHKO on Gengar after SR damage (and Pom is faster) and against the other Ghost Ambipom can't do much anyway. Aerial Ace (after Fake Out) also takes care of Machamp, Roserade, Azelf, Smeargle, ... -leads. While Ice Punch and Low Kick provide optimal move coverage.
I don't have SR

OMG we both live in portland oregon :p AND you made a homestar reference. Do you play the card game? I might know you... you really do want pursuit, it's much better because they will know an astonish is coming and switch.

I don't have SR
Lol, oh yeah.

Well to solve that I suggest you change your Heatran to the Shuca lead set (although you are not using as a lead):

Heatran @ shuca berry/ naive/ flash fire
252 Spe, 252 SAtk, 4 SDef

- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Explosion

Heatran get's up Stealth Rock against most enemies Ambipom can't handle. Ambipom also lures out Will-o-wisp from Ghost types so Heatran can switch in fairly easy. If you notice Gyarados is a big threat you can go with Hidden Power (Electric) instead of Explosion and a Timid nature.

I really honestly hate Heatran and I don't want it on my team at all. And no, I haven't played the card game in many years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)