OU RMT (First RMT)

Ok, so, I've been playing with team for a bit, but lose quite often. I don't know why, but something on my team could be better. Help, please!

The team:

Stats:

Name: Buzzer
Species: Yanmega
Nature: Timid (Spe+, Atk-)
Ability: Speed Boost
Item: Wise Glasses
Moves:
Hypnosis
Bug Buzz
Air Slash
Shadow Ball

This is my lead. It has worked out quite well as a lead, hypnosis first turn, so even if he switches soemthing falls asleep, and then special attack the hell out of it from there.

Name: Elephantis
Species: Donphan
Nature: Brave (Atk+, Spe-)
Ability: Sturdy
Item: Leftovers
Moves:
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Ice Shard
Gyro Ball

Donphan is a great addition to my team, thoguh sometimes I wish it could kill more. Anyways, takes physical attacks like a beast.

Name: Celebi
Species: Celebi
Nature: Modest (SpA+, Atk-)
Ability: Natural Cure
Item: Salac Berry
Moves:
Calm Mind
Baton Pass
Heal Bell
Energy Ball

Celebi is my Calm Mind passer. It is quite effective at what it does and can also kill some ground, rock, and waters easily. Its double weakness to Bug is a bit of a problem, but not much.

Name: Moonshine
Species: Clefable
Nature: Adamant (Atk+, SpA-)
Ability: Magic Guard
Item: Toxic Orb
Moves:
Meteor Mash
Facade
Brick Break
Cosmic Power

IMO, Magic Guard is one of the best abilities in the game, preventing Clefable from taking damage from Poison, Burn, Stealth Rock/Spikes/Toxic Spikes, and Confusion. Toxic Orb+Facade work very well together, and, after a cosmic power, Clefable van really take some hits.

Name: Aquis
Species: Vaporeon
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves:
Surf
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Baton Pass

I wish Vaporeon did more on my team. Sure, it kills some stuff, but not as much as it could. Anyways, it special attacks like crazy, and Baton Pass is good for scouting.

Name: Eclipse
Species: Umbreon
Nature: Calm (SpD+, Atk-)
Ability: Synchronize
Moves:
Dark Pulse
Wish
Baton Pass
Toxic

More of a support Umbreon. It helps out quite a bit on the field, and has failed me very few times.

Well, that's my team. Help me with it, please!

First of all, it is impossible to Rate w/o EVs. Still, I'd give a try :naughty:

Ok, so, I've been playing with team for a bit, but lose quite often. I don't know why, but something on my team could be better. Help, please!

The team:

Stats:

Moves:
Hypnosis
Bug Buzz
Air Slash
Shadow Ball

This is my lead. It has worked out quite well as a lead, hypnosis first turn, so even if he switches soemthing falls asleep, and then special attack the hell out of it from there.

Protect / HP Ground / HP Fire / HP Ice over Shadow ball, depending on your team needs. Also, Focus Sash over Wise Glasses.

Moves:
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Ice Shard
Gyro Ball

Donphan is a great addition to my team, thoguh sometimes I wish it could kill more. Anyways, takes physical attacks like a beast.

Donphan is a defensive Tank, so you'd need a Impish nature. Stealth Rock over Gyro Ball (poor coverage). Also, you'd want Rapid spin over Stone Edge / Ice Shard, depending on your preference.

Moves:
Calm Mind
Baton Pass
Heal Bell
Energy Ball

Celebi is my Calm Mind passer. It is quite effective at what it does and can also kill some ground, rock, and waters easily. Its double weakness to Bug is a bit of a problem, but not much.

Salac is useless for you, use Recover in there, also, Grass Knot over Energy Ball. Btw, CM Celebi needs a lot of Defense, and hence a Bold nature.

Moves:
Meteor Mash
Facade
Brick Break
Cosmic Power

IMO, Magic Guard is one of the best abilities in the game, preventing Clefable from taking damage from Poison, Burn, Stealth Rock/Spikes/Toxic Spikes, and Confusion. Toxic Orb+Facade work very well together, and, after a cosmic power, Clefable van really take some hits.

Fire Blast over one of those moves and you could handle Skarm / Forretress etc. Cosmic Power is useless if you want Offense, so Put Softboiled in there.

Moves:
Surf
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Baton Pass

I wish Vaporeon did more on my team. Sure, it kills some stuff, but not as much as it could. Anyways, it special attacks like crazy, and Baton Pass is good for scouting.

HP Elec over Baton Pass to get Rid of Gyara, other Bulky Waters etc.

Name: Eclipse
Species: Umbreon
Nature: Calm (SpD+, Atk-)
Ability: Synchronize
Moves:
Dark Pulse
Wish
Baton Pass
Toxic

More of a support Umbreon. It helps out quite a bit on the field, and has failed me very few times.

What are you Baton Passing? Nothing? Read this.

Because you're missing the EV's? ;p

The team:

Stats:

EV's: 252/252/6 Speed/Special Attack/HP
Moves:
Hypnosis
Bug Buzz
Air Slash
Shadow Ball

Most leads nowdays are fast suicide leads or Lum berry leads. They both tear apart this Yanmega. Protect on there somewhere, and it cries out for Focus sash, otherwise you get wrecked by an Extremespeed Lucario or anything immediately faster then Yanmega.

EV's: 252/6/252 HP/Attack/Defence
Moves:
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Ice Shard
Gyro Ball

What is Gyro Ball doing on there...?

As has been suggested, Stealth Rock/Rapid Spin/Ice Shard/Earthquake is the best thing for Donphan. Impish too.

Moves:
Calm Mind
Baton Pass
Heal Bell
Energy Ball

What is it passing to? Vappy has too low base SpA to make use of CM's. You're better off replacing this for some sort of Special Wall, as most Celebi are Physically defensive and you have Donphan already. Alternatively, you could run a Swords Dance set.

Ev's: 252/252/6 HP/Attack/Speed
Moves:
Meteor Mash
Facade
Brick Break
Cosmic Power

Protect over Brick Break to let you scout, stop sleep, and activate the Orb unharmed. Put either Softboiled or Fire Blast over Cosmic power, because it's no good having max defence/special defence and 1% health left afterwards, with no way to recover it =\

Nature: Bold
Ev's: 188/252/68 HP/Defence/Special Attack
Moves:
Wish
Surf
Ice Beam/Toxic
Protect/Yawn

D/P Vaporeon said:
Vaporeon is a very effective Wish passer. His high HP and Special Defense help him take hits very well and his respectable Special Attack makes him no small threat offensively either. Surf and Ice Beam are the basis of many a Water types moveset and both are highly recommended for Vaporeon. However, Toxic is a good alternative on something that can stall quite effectively; it's useful for wearing down his fellow Water-types and other defensive Pokémon, like Dusknoir. In the last slot, you can use Protect to both heal Vaporeon and scout what your opponent is planning to throw at you. Yawn can induce sleep, but is also somewhat effective at causing switches. Hidden Power Electric deserves consideration to surprise the ever-threatening Gyarados, who can only 3HKO the little aquatic dog even after a boost from Dragon Dance.
Ripped straight from the site.
Unless you place Mean Look over Dark Pulse on Umbreon, you're using 2 Pokemon for the duty of 1.

6th Slot:

You lack any sort of Wall breaking capacity, or revenge killers. I'm also not sure if Clefable is the sort of Firepower you're looking for in OU, even if you're firing off 140BP Facades. I'd Suggest some sort of Late Game Cleaner, like:

Lucario@Life Orb/Focus Sash
-Adamant
-252/252 Attack/Speed
-Swords Dance
-Extremespeed
-Bullet Punch
-Close Combat

or:

Infernape@Life Orb
-Naive
-24/252/232 Attack/Special Attack/Speed
-Hidden Power Ice 70
-Grass Knot
-Flamethrower
-Close Combat

I hope i've helped somehow. I just couldn't stand having Umbreon and Vappy on the same team doing the same sort of job, so sorry if you're an eon fan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)