[/SIZE]Speedy (Aerodactyl) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spd
Nature: Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)

• Stealth Rock
  • Taunt
  • Rock Slide
  • Earthquake
Why This Pokemon: So sexy, Love the speed and counters practically every major lead with trick or straight up stealth rock, Also is fairly powerful attacker if super effect, OHKOing Infernape and 2HKOing Azelf after its locked into a taunt.

Why This Set: Only Aerodactyl set i believe in.

All in all, it's a very effective Lead, and it's been working better than Azelf.

Speedy (Lucario) @
Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk | 4 HP
252 Spd
Nature: Jolly (+Spd, -Satk)

• Extremespeed
  • Swords Dance
  • Close Combat
  • Crunch
Why This Pokemon:Great sweeper and switch in, has good synergy with mence and gengar as sweepers.

Why This Set: I rarely get outspeeded and the life orb provides necessary extra dmg on crunches and extremespeeds for kills and counters.

Crunch for coverage
Close Combat for sweeping

Edit: Saved for edits

Sleepy(Breloom) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 4 HP | 252 Atk | 92 Spd | 80 SDef | 80 Def
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)

• Spore
  • Substitute
  • Focus Punch
  • Seed Bomb
Why This Pokemon:Gives my team tech, stall counters, status absorb, also counters swampert hard.

Why This Set: Breloom can absolutely destroy teams single-handedly, with only a single turn of set-up. You send Breloom in on something that can't do much hard (ScarfTar for example), Substitute on their switch-in, Spore, and if they destroyed your Substitute set-up another, and then go to town with Focus Punch and Seed Bomb. Even Latias, a "great counter' to Breloom takes 48.7% - 57.3% from a single Focus Punch to the throat, 2HKOing it should Stealth Rock be set up. (Copied from formatting)

Seed Bomb, Breloom's secondary STAB, does 34.9% - 41.4% to Standard Rotom-A, which isn't much, but still pretty decent damage, especially if they're taken hits prior to switching in to Breloom. Breloom might as well be my contingency plan. If Salamence and Tyranitar have worn down my opponent's team to practically nothing, but they're still hanging on, send out this beast and watch it go to town on their team.

Sorry, Sceptile. I found someone better.

Breathe (Salamence) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spd
Nature: Naive

• Shadow Claw
  • Earthquake
  • Outrage
  • Fire Blast
Why This Pokemon: In the current metagame, Salamence is too good not to run with the lack of latias.

Why This Set: Scarfmence is a good revenge killer and
has good synergy with Rotom-H

Fire blast lets me down magnezone and celebi, is a good all around move, even when fought by everything.

Earthquake is a necessity to hit Heatran, and solidly hits most steel types.

Outrage is rather iffy for me.I've never liked the accompanying Confusion status, but the only real alternative is Dragon Claw, but using Dragon Claw over Outrage loses me some valuable KOs that my team can't afford to miss.(copied)

Shadow Claw is a good tech move that few expect from Mence.

Weaknesses:

Resistances:

Smexy (Gengar) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP | 252 SAtk | 252 Spd
Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)

• Substitute
  • Pain Split
  • Shadow Ball
  • Focus Blast
Why This Pokemon: It has damn near the same resistances as Rotom-w, it's faster, and it hits harder. It can out-stall Blissey, destroy Starmie, and scout for Scizor (since they like to switch in on resisted Shadow Ball every now and again). (copied)

To put it bluntly, Rotom-w wasn't performing up to standard. Nothing against the set, but it was dying far too quickly, and it didn't handle Blissey very well, if at all.

Why This Set: Why not use this set? It works so well against the usual Gengar counters, such as Choice Band Scizor, Choice Scarf Tyranitar, and Blissey.

I can, behind a Substitute, switch out from Choice Band Scizor Pursuit with no adverse side-effects, I can kill off Scarf Tyranitar from behind a Substitute with Focus Blast, and I can drain and then 2HKO Blissey with Pain Split and Focus Blast.

Substitute is the main crux of this set, blocking Status, trappers, and Choice Scarf Pokemon from Revenge Killing me. It's amazingly easy to set up a Substitute, especially with the plethora of Choice Band/Scarf Earthquake that people just fire off haphazardly.

Shadow Ball is a standard move on Gengar, and should require no explanation, ever.

Focus Blast, despite having terrible accuracy, is one of the main legs Gengar stands on. Focus Blast deals with so many things that cause problems for this set, it's not even funny. Tyranitar and Blissey are great mentions of how Gengar can dominate with Focus Blast, provided it actually hits, which is an insane concept by itself.

Pain Split is what allows me to defeat Blissey, and robs walls like Snorlax as well, of their health, so I can KO with Focus Blast/Shadow Ball. (copied)

Slippery (Rotom H) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP | 252 SP Atk | 252 Spd
Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
[/SIZE]
  • Shadow Ball
  • Thunderbolt
  • Overheat
  • Trick
Why This Pokemon: Basically, I wanted a special revenge killer and i like rotom as a general pokemon.
Why This Set: Its the standard revenge kill set, Not much more descriptive :P

Change Salamence's nature to Naive as you want to invest in speed. You also said your running MixMence. Take out Shadow Claw and add in Draco Meteor and these EVs: 232 Attack / 24 Special Attack / 252 Speed. Also, instead of running Choice Scarf, use Life Orb.

Hope I helped, sorry for the short rate, good luck with your team.

Damn near this entire team was copied from my thread.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2683475&postcount=1

If you're going to steal my parts of my team, the very least you could have done would be to paraphrase my descriptions.

To make it even better, you copied the Type-bars that I added to my own post, making it even more obvious that you copied them from me.

At least put it in your own words next time, especially considering that my descriptions don't fit this thread at all.

Damn near this entire team was copied from my thread.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2683475&postcount=1

If you're going to steal my parts of my team, the very least you could have done would be to paraphrase my descriptions.

To make it even better, you copied the Type-bars that I added to my own post, making it even more obvious that you copied them from me.

At least put it in your own words next time, especially considering that my descriptions don't fit this thread at all.
As it reads, this is my first one and im still working on fixing the formatting, I tried to leave in some descriptions that i couldnt better myself. Your team was the best of them, so to learn the formatting parameters i chose yours. Its not like im copying you, just that im still learning and i chose the best people to learn from. I was going to add credit for it asap :P

As it reads, this is my first one and im still working on fixing the formatting, I tried to leave in some descriptions that i couldnt better myself. Your team was the best of them, so to learn the formatting parameters i chose yours. Its not like im copying you, just that im still learning and i chose the best people to learn from. I was going to add credit for it asap :P
Then why didn't you just ask me to help you with formatting? If you had sent me a Visitor or Personal Message asking me for help on formatting this RMT, I wouldn't have said no.

But okay, since you're editing it anyway, I guess there's no point getting all worked up about it.

Then why didn't you just ask me to help you with formatting? If you had sent me a Visitor or Personal Message asking me for help on formatting this RMT, I wouldn't have said no.

But okay, since you're editing it anyway, I guess there's no point getting all worked up about it.
With no posts on the forum, i have problems firing off private messages to people, I like to learn on my own first, then look for help to push me farther along the path to stardom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)