Gengar (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast / HP Fire / HP Ice
- Hypnosis

My lead. I chose his moveset so that I could take on the most common leads possible. I am still deciding whether to use HP Fire, or HP Ice, over Focus Blast. It covers Azelf, other Gengar, Gyarados, Crobat, Deoxys Emerald (If used), Yanmega, and Ninkask. If using HP fire also cover Zong and Roserade. If using Focus Blast then Tyranitar, and if HP Ice then Salamence. I might be willing to replace him for better coverage.
---
Gliscor (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 180 HP/56 Atk/56 Def/218 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Roost

A set taken from the Forums, it is my MVP. It can sweep, and wall. And does a good job at both. If Hera ever comes along, Gliscor is my only good counter. My favorite poke on the team, not willing to replace. Ice Fang is just a preference over Stone Edge and AA.
---
Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Stramie is my wonderful Revenge Killer and Counter. It hits Sally, Chomp, opposing Gliscors and Dragonite hard with Ice Beam, Grass Knot is for Swamp, Surf for Stab and Heatran, then T-Bolt is for Gyara. I am debating whether or not to switch it for a Mixape.
---
Weavile (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 42 HP/252 Atk/216 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Brick Break
- Night Slash
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard

Weavile is my main Physical Attacker. When something dies I switch him in. My opponent usually switches and I get a SD in. Then I can sweep succesfully with Ice Shard and other moves when needed. Weavile is also another Backup if Starmie doesn't get the Dragons.
---
Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Evs: 252 HP/96 Def/162 Atk
Bold Nature
-Stealth Rock / Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes / Gyro Ball
- Explosion

Usually gives me the upper edge with Stealthm, has actually won the game on its own twice. Gyro ball can KO lots of Scarfers if they don't OHKO, after I have Stealthed I usually either Rapid Spin if needed or I explode if its a good oppertunity, if not I switch.
---
Jirachi @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Calm Mind

My own Jirachi. Everyone expects the usual Wish, U-Turn, Zen Headbut. They get surprised when I OHKO their Swampurt when it switches in. I can also CM on a switch. I am debating about adding Shadow Ball, but am unsure of what to replace.
---
Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Thunderpunch
- Stone Edge

I am currently testing this over Jirachi.
---

Threats-

Electivire: - I have no EQs on my team, except for Gliscor, as I favor Special Sweepers over their Physical counter-parts. If he has Ice Punch I'm doomed.

Dugtrio: Ground. - Dugtrio can switch in and effectivly kill three of my pokemon if its faster than them.

Heatran: Steel/Fire. - Heatran always messes me up. One of the reasons I added Tentacruel. I can tear threw my team is its not choiced. If it is its easy to stop.

Mamoswine: Ice/Ground. - The Life Orb version is very annoying, as the only pokemon that can 2HKO it are 1HKOed by it, Jirachi and Weavile.

Kingdra: Water/Dragon. - I have no weather effects on my team so Swift Swim won't stop. I also have no dragon attacks on my team so no Super Effective Hits. If I can kill him before he Rain Dances I can stop him, if not then I usually lose two - three pokes.

Scizor: Bug/Steel - Since I have no definate Fire Move on my team, I have no way to land super effective hits on him, he has given me trouble in this past.

I have the answer to your tentacruel problem i think.
Forretress. It works for me! I use this set and it is preety standard

Forretress @ Leftovers
Sturdy
Evs:252HP/252Defense/6Spc.Defense
Bold
-Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Explosion

It will have a higher defense than your tentacruel, and more immunities. Only fire is super effective against this guy, so its very hard to take down. People will expect this set though, and one thing they can do is send in a Gliscor with taunt and set up SR themselves. But this is someone different to tentacruel so maybe it will work

That is a good Idea. Do you think I need both T Spikes and Stealth Rock? Taunt is bad though, and if I don't need both, what should I use in the extra slot?

That is a good Idea. Do you think I need both T Spikes and Stealth Rock? Taunt is bad though, and if I don't need both, what should I use in the extra slot?
EQ Gyro Ball or rest. But like that you should go with:
252 HP / 162 Atk / 96 Def
and maybe even change lefties to a shed skin now that i think if it.
and change the nature to relaxed. also, you have said that tentacruel is your only heatran counter when its choiced. scarfed or speced?

I was saying that Tentacruel can switch in on any Choiced Fire move, if it isn't Choiced I die to Earth Power. I will try that EV Spread with Shed Skin and either EQ or Gyro. If I go with EQ, Gengar can completely avoid Explosion and EQ... So maybe Gyro.

I was saying that Tentacruel can switch in on any Choiced Fire move, if it isn't Choiced I die to Earth Power. I will try that EV Spread with Shed Skin and either EQ or Gyro. If I go with EQ, Gengar can completely avoid Explosion and EQ... So maybe Gyro.
Yeh. Gyro Ball, because gengar also avoids Rapid Spin...

Oh yeah! I am also deciding whether or not to add Infernape to my team. If I did I would have to take out either Jirachi or Starmie. If I take out Starmie I lose my only Water attack, if I take out Jirachi I lose my only Psychic Attack. But if I add Infernape I would be adding my only Fire attack.

I'd say lose T-bolt on Jirachi for S-ball,you already have T-bolt on Gengar which is actually a better square off against Gyarados and Feraligatr as Gengar has Levitate it gets round EQ ;).

Side note G-dos and Gatr don't always have EQ but nevertheless,Gengar gets round EQ full stop.

Ok, I will do that, thanks for the tip. I was alos thinking about testing Infernape over Jirachi, that way I could get a good Fire attack on my team. I just wasn't sure about which version to go with.

Ok, I will. I check out the coverage, and the Physical set and the Mix set have the same Average damage according to X-Act's program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)