Gen 6 OU Stall Featuring Stored Power Latias

Hello! I am here today providing a new Generation 6 Ou stall team that I recently created and decided to share it with you guys here is my RMT and all help is welcome!

This RMT's Song

The Team

Oblivio (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Onto the first pokemon in the team. Quagsire is a pokemon that needs no introduction. Its phenomenal ability lets me switch into Volcarona or DDance mons with ease, slotting a toxic, then just clicking recover over and over. I set the evs to handle attack mons better as it helps with Garchomp and Dragonite.

Fatio (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell

Standard Cleric Chansey, I changed the EVS around so it has maximum defense and 300/450 special defense. Toxic over thunder wave to keep the constant damage theme of this team present and Heal Bell to remove my toxic.

Japanese Kamikaze (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Spikes
- Counter

Great Pokemon. Skarmory works absolutely well with Chansey and quaggie to form this absolute unit of a team. Defensive to cover Chansey and flying with spikes/defog to control hazards. Counter for obvious reasons.

STOOPID (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Foul Play/Hidden Power [Fire]

I'm torn between Foul Play and Hp fire. Foul Play lets me take on Mega Medicham, and hp fire helps me beat out Ferro and forretress. Spore and clear smog for spam and regenerator to gain massive momentum.

1989TiananmenSquare (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Utility Heatran. This thing is bonkers. It sucks up all the hits skarm chansey and quag can't take and stalls the rest out. Toxic for obvious reasons and taunt/stealth rock for phasing.

S T O R E (Latias-Mega) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Reflect Type/Refresh

Stored Power Latias. Where do I begin. In such a defensive-oriented team this gives much relief to those mons. I haven't had much uncomfort using this and its combos are insane.

Overall I have been pretty successful with this team, but as of rn I have huge trouble against Huge/Pure Power mons like azu, mcham, and mmawile. Any tips are accepted. Thanks for reading!

Edit-I added refresh to the latias final moveslot as a choice you can do instead of reflect type.

Last edited:
Hello xOliver !! Thanks for taking some of your time to write down this RMT on a tier that fascinates me. I truly think stall is highly viable on that tier compared right now with Gen7 OU in which Z-Moves make stall having hard times. I can tell that you put some of your soul in this team: the nicknames are very cool and reflect (not reflect type) the main role that they have.

I wanted to use the team and try to peak on the ladder as I normally do but due to the low numbers of players right now in the tier it makes it very difficult if I wanted to do this reply as soon as possible. Never mind, if I have time in the foreseeable future I will try to do it :).

Because one of the stars of this team is MLatias I thought that music would be very cool to make this reply more vivid!

Overview:

This team has some typical cores from stall playstyle like Skarmory + Quagsire + Chansey. These three are very cool Pokémons that together stop physical set up sweepers, non-fighting special attackers and practically all physical attackers. You chose very well Amoonguss to help Chansey against fighting Pokémons like Keldeo that is always giving some problems for stall teams. Finally you chose Heatran + MLatias as two Pokémates that are not as common as the aforementioned in the stall playstyle.

To make a long story short, I think your stall team is very cool and it has some novelty for this Gen6 OU tier. However, it has some weaknesses that a stall team needs to cover or, at least, some of them. This will bring us to the next chapter.

Weaknesses:

In my opinion, any RMT needs the weakness part just to highlight your knowledge of the team (or at least how you deal with some threats). Thus, I think that me putting some efforts on this part will improve your RMT overall. I will highlight in red the Pokémons that can be very annoying, in orange the moderate ones and in yellow the slight ones.

MHeracross - This Pokémon can serve as a stallbreaker and a wallbreaker. Stall has always a bad time against it. In Gen7 OU it has a low usage but in Gen6 OU was a little bit higher. If you find it is just a OHKO-2HKO everything. Heatran cannot switch in easily but it can be the revenge killer.

Manaphy - In the same way as MHeracross, Manaphy is always a great threat for the stall playstyle. However, you have Chansey that can Toxic it. This can be really helpful but if it is a Rain Manaphy's set it can get rid of the Toxic and then sweep your team easily.

Heatran - Heatran is a threat if uses Magma Storm + Taunt + Toxic set. This set can be stopped by your own Heatran but you must elucidate if it runs Earth Power that can just OHKO yours. MLatias can beat it but with high difficulties (Taunt can absolutely stop MLatias).

MMedicham - This Pokémon is one that all stall teams need a way to stop it. It has a high usage implying that you will find it commonly and it can do a ton of damage to your team. MLatias + Skarmory can try to help against it but if played well can break through MLatias and it can skip counter damage from Skarmory

MPinsir - Your answer to this Pokémon is Skarmory. A very good one. But without Rocky Helmet and with only counter it can SD easily until can PP stall your Counters or claim a OHKO if Sturdy is not on.

Ferrothorn - This Pokémon cannot threat you offensively but it can keep its hazards in your field and can pressure your team a lot. Heatran is the switch in that you must do but without Wish, if Ferrothorn runs Leech Seed (many of them run it), Ferro can pick some little damage on Heatran each time. Amoonguss can also try to help on this but only if it has HP fire.

Volcarona - This is the sweeper beast moth. With Quiver Dance it sets up +1 in SpD, Speed and SpA. You will need to stop it rapidly with Chansey using Toxic.

Your match-up against stall is pretty good because you have Stored-Power MLatias. But in that case you need refresh to help against Toxic, otherwise it pressures you to switch out looking for Heal Bell. Taunt users can be bothersome shutting down all the team. Volt-turn teams can be bothersome too but they need to be played well. It is important to keep your hazards out in that match-up. No Wish in your team also makes more difficult to keep Heatran alive. This is very important in some match-ups.

Peer-review:

Overall your team shows very nicely and elegantly how a stall team in Gen6 OU has to be. Thus, I will only suggest two minor reviews and a major one.

Minor Revision:

248 HP / 108 Def / 124 SpD / 28 Spe. This spread is overall a better one against Keldeo. It can eat some hits burned or not. In the same time, it can help against some offensive threats.

Skarmory set is very cool but I find a little bit better Brave Bird > Counter in Gen6 OU. It can directly help against both MPinsir and MMedicham claiming a OHKO and not being passive for some setters. This also helps against MHeracross that is a great threat.

Major Revision:

>

This is a big change. Scarf tyranitar allows you to trap some threats like MPinsir (helping Skarmory) or Starmie (no Rapid Spin). You could run also Stealth Rocks on it to set up them. The set would be this one.

Conclusion:

Overall, I am pretty sure this team had great success on the ladder. I would like to highlight that in MLatias you did well on editting it for refresh. This is so important for its role but you need to get rid of other dark Pokémons that can stop it easily.

Final Score 8/10

Hope you find it useful,

Jordi.

Hello xOliver !! Thanks for taking some of your time to write down this RMT on a tier that fascinates me. I truly think stall is highly viable on that tier compared right now with Gen7 OU in which Z-Moves make stall having hard times. I can tell that you put some of your soul in this team: the nicknames are very cool and reflect (not reflect type) the main role that they have.

I wanted to use the team and try to peak on the ladder as I normally do but due to the low numbers of players right now in the tier it makes it very difficult if I wanted to do this reply as soon as possible. Never mind, if I have time in the foreseeable future I will try to do it :).

Because one of the stars of this team is MLatias I thought that music would be very cool to make this reply more vivid!

Overview:

This team has some typical cores from stall playstyle like Skarmory + Quagsire + Chansey. These three are very cool Pokémons that together stop physical set up sweepers, non-fighting special attackers and practically all physical attackers. You chose very well Amoonguss to help Chansey against fighting Pokémons like Keldeo that is always giving some problems for stall teams. Finally you chose Heatran + MLatias as two Pokémates that are not as common as the aforementioned in the stall playstyle.

To make a long story short, I think your stall team is very cool and it has some novelty for this Gen6 OU tier. However, it has some weaknesses that a stall team needs to cover or, at least, some of them. This will bring us to the next chapter.

Weaknesses:

In my opinion, any RMT needs the weakness part just to highlight your knowledge of the team (or at least how you deal with some threats). Thus, I think that me putting some efforts on this part will improve your RMT overall. I will highlight in red the Pokémons that can be very annoying, in orange the moderate ones and in yellow the slight ones.

MHeracross - This Pokémon can serve as a stallbreaker and a wallbreaker. Stall has always a bad time against it. In Gen7 OU it has a low usage but in Gen6 OU was a little bit higher. If you find it is just a OHKO-2HKO everything. Heatran cannot switch in easily but it can be the revenge killer.

Manaphy - In the same way as MHeracross, Manaphy is always a great threat for the stall playstyle. However, you have Chansey that can Toxic it. This can be really helpful but if it is a Rain Manaphy's set it can get rid of the Toxic and then sweep your team easily.

Heatran - Heatran is a threat if uses Magma Storm + Taunt + Toxic set. This set can be stopped by your own Heatran but you must elucidate if it runs Earth Power that can just OHKO yours. MLatias can beat it but with high difficulties (Taunt can absolutely stop MLatias).

MMedicham - This Pokémon is one that all stall teams need a way to stop it. It has a high usage implying that you will find it commonly and it can do a ton of damage to your team. MLatias + Skarmory can try to help against it but if played well can break through MLatias and it can skip counter damage from Skarmory

MPinsir - Your answer to this Pokémon is Skarmory. A very good one. But without Rocky Helmet and with only counter it can SD easily until can PP stall your Counters or claim a OHKO if Sturdy is not on.

Ferrothorn - This Pokémon cannot threat you offensively but it can keep its hazards in your field and can pressure your team a lot. Heatran is the switch in that you must do but without Wish, if Ferrothorn runs Leech Seed (many of them run it), Ferro can pick some little damage on Heatran each time. Amoonguss can also try to help on this but only if it has HP fire.

Volcarona - This is the sweeper beast moth. With Quiver Dance it sets up +1 in SpD, Speed and SpA. You will need to stop it rapidly with Chansey using Toxic.

Your match-up against stall is pretty good because you have Stored-Power MLatias. But in that case you need refresh to help against Toxic, otherwise it pressures you to switch out looking for Heal Bell. Taunt users can be bothersome shutting down all the team. Volt-turn teams can be bothersome too but they need to be played well. It is important to keep your hazards out in that match-up. No Wish in your team also makes more difficult to keep Heatran alive. This is very important in some match-ups.

Peer-review:

Overall your team shows very nicely and elegantly how a stall team in Gen6 OU has to be. Thus, I will only suggest two minor reviews and a major one.

Minor Revision:

248 HP / 108 Def / 124 SpD / 28 Spe. This spread is overall a better one against Keldeo. It can eat some hits burned or not. In the same time, it can help against some offensive threats.

Skarmory set is very cool but I find a little bit better Brave Bird > Counter in Gen6 OU. It can directly help against both MPinsir and MMedicham claiming a OHKO and not being passive for some setters. This also helps against MHeracross that is a great threat.

Major Revision:

>

This is a big change. Scarf tyranitar allows you to trap some threats like MPinsir (helping Skarmory) or Starmie (no Rapid Spin). You could run also Stealth Rocks on it to set up them. The set would be this one.

Conclusion:

Overall, I am pretty sure this team had great success on the ladder. I would like to highlight that in MLatias you did well on editting it for refresh. This is so important for its role but you need to get rid of other dark Pokémons that can stop it easily.

Final Score 8/10

Hope you find it useful,

Jordi.
Definitely appreciate the feedback, and I love the way you formatted that rate, thanks a ton and we'll see how this works :)

hey xOliver , i was scrolling down some gen6 teams and i noticed yours. I've already seen the modified version by Mirbro which is actually pretty good, tyranitar is definitly better than heatran. I guess you still struggle too much facing physical sweepers if your oppo has magnezone. I believe you should switch leftovers on skarmory into the shed shell and run counter, just not to struggle against either bisharp or pinsir mega, which still actually give you some problems ( cuz if quag already has some damages knock off hurts a lot and you could only try to revenge kill it). Moreover i guess that latias set doesnt fit perfectly with the team. Medicham-mega still gives you a lot of problems, since your team lacks either of ghost type or a fairy type. Think you better change its evs into max HP and give him enough speed to outspeed sub suicune, otherwise he could easily pp stall you out, helped by a dark type, which actually can easily block ur latias, and change stored power into Psyshock, just to have more chances to revenge kill medicham. I also tried switching tyranitar's set. Scarf rocker its pretty bad, since you can't kill starmie if it burns you first.
You can either run rocks on chansey and keep running refresh on latias or switch refresh into reflect type not to lose the 1vs1 against tyranitar, which will slowly lose his PPS if it has either choice band or choice scarf, and run stealth rock on skarmory.

i chose to run whirlwind on skarmory in the 2nd version, because it might be helpful, if you already set both stealth rock and spikes on oppo's field.

I hope my feedback will help you somehow ^^

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)