[OU]sticky stall, newbie team

Hi all. It's a stall team i play. With this team i have 1213 pts on showdown. I would like to play stall and i wanted your opinion on my team and how can i upgrade it.

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

I use him as a lead if there's no taunt. Taunt is used for Ferrothorn/Foretress. Stealth Rock deals many damages. Thunder Wave could be use against Talonflamme which is immune to Will-o-Wisp but only i i have no choice. Heavy Slam damages light Pokémon and Pokémon weak against steel. Because of Rotom's Will-o-Wisp and high Def, i prefer a Careful nature with ev in sdef.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Protect
- Wish
My lovely hard tank. Strong against psychic-type Pokémon, Ghost-type Pokémon, physical sweeper Pokémon (especially Talonflamme). I prefered a bold nature 252 HP/252 Def to resist to them. Protect/Wish are there for a better sustain and Toxic is still strongto damage enemy each turn.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Toxic
- Protect
- Wish

A good tank. I prefered a bold nature with 252 HP/252 Def to counter Conkeldurr and dragon (which are often Physical sweeper i guess) and because i think 130 SDef is enough. Protect/Wish are there for a better sustain and Toxic is still strongto damage enemy each turn.

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

A good tank. Will-o-wisp allow him to tank physical sweeper. I choose Rest for a better sustain. A calm nature and 252 HP/252 SDef are justified by Will-o-wisp. I have no choice for Hydro Pump. With Volt Switch, i can switch and deal damages. A standard build i think.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

He is my main sweeper. The nature and the EV are standards. I choose Guts for Toxic/Will-o-wisp. I choose Assault Vest because it's strong on Conkeldurr. Drain Punch gives him a better sustain, Knock off is strong to take off enem's item, Fire Punch against Ferrothorn, Mawile and Scizor, Ice Punch against Dragon. I don't play Conkeldurr with Mach Punch to have a better coverage.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield
- Swords Dance

I play him without originality. He tanks well as shield stance, he deals tons of damages as blade stance, he counters rapid spinners, he can boost himself with sd and weakness policy. He is my second "sweeper". No more comment.

Last edited:
Just looking at it, I would like to say 2 things- First, give your Sylveon Special defense IVs, since it's not a staller, it's a Special wall, and you already have a staller/physical wall. Also, make your umbreon Bold, Since foul play doesn't require attack, allowing you to wall opposing Umbreons to highhell

Yes, change the sylveon's EVs to special defense as it is much better at that. Also, I recomend you get a rapid spinner as stall teams like to keep the hazards off their field. Tentacruel can work as a defensive spinner, or use defog Mandibuzz if you are ok with removing your own hazards.

as a fellow sticky Web enthusiast, I can't recommend a Defiant or Competitive user enough. You care about your web, and you want to minimize the chance of it leaving you as much as possible. Given your use of stall (VS my use of aggro), I'd give some some serious consideration to Milotic or Empoleon...

Well, Im just saying that hazards can whittle down a team pretty fast if a stall war breaks out and strong phazers like skarmory are used to damage your pokes.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball

This one is a better set imo. Hits harder all around and you don't waste time boosting, which is rather worthless because so many fast pokemon check Aegi. Shadow Ball cuts incoming Landorus switches and has much better power than Shadow Sneak. It's the most spammable move, as well. At +2, it's devestating. Allows you to move past quagsire. You'll still have a good bit of physical power as well, but shadow sneak just picks off weakened pokes and Sacred Sword is for TTar and Gyarados-m.

Change Umbreon for Mandibuzz. Your team is defensive, which means it should focus on hazard control as well. You right now have no way to remove hazards. Mandi offers substantial bulk, a dark typing and will maintain the ability to check any ghosts.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Foul Play
- Knock Off / Taunt

Taunt is better for baton pass and stall, knock off is just solid all around. The set is similar to Umbreon's but focuses more on team support now.

Lastly, go with heal bell in favor of toxic on Sylveon. This will allow you to not lose Aggron to burns and you'll be able to wake Rotom-w up on his second sleeps.

Nice sets, and heal bell is great and makes pokemon with reliable recovery very hard to take down. Also helps with the rest turns.

AJ beat me to what I was going to say. If you don't like his Aegislash suggestion, another possibility is the Toxic stall Aegislash set. Since you will likely be changing Toxic for Heal Bell on Sylveon, and Umbreon for Mandibuzz, you will have nothing left that is running Toxic. If you would rather toxic stall than kill things, consider it.

Sylveon Special wall with heal bell
+
new moveset on Aegislash
+
Mandibuzz instead of Umbreon

ok i'll try it. Thx

Last edited:
No, as your most potent offensive threat, conkeldurr, is very slow and most likely be outsped anyway. Toxic will help rack up residual damage and let your team win.

Re-all.
I hatched my Aegislash, I put its EV (252 HP, 252 Spe Att and 4 Att).
But i saw its IV are 31/31/31/31/31/0 which means Hidden Power Ice.

So i wanted to ask you something. What do you think about Shadow Ball + King's shield + Shadow Sneak + Hidden Power Ice.
With 438 in SpA, I think it could be a good idea to use another Special Attack instead of only Shadow Ball (and I'm not sure that Flash Cannon is useful even if it's stabbed).
So what do you think about it ?

Last edited:
I don't really see the use of HP Ice on Aegi because if you are against a ground type you might as well switch because HP Ice will most likely not kill barring Gliscor. Flash Cannon Aegi might play out better against ground types considering it is stab and still hits super effectively (except for Gliscor but Conkeldurr can take care of it with Ice Punch) Steel also hits Fairies and Rocks hard which is good I guess?

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Hi,
i would suggest giving conkeldurr Priority move
Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

MACH PUNCH because its very slow pokemon and sometimes you can also get 2HKO so using priority moves would help
Some Calcs

252+ Atk Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Gyarados: 266-314 (80.1 - 94.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO Then use Mach punch
252+ Atk Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Gyarados: 144-170 (43.3 - 51.2%) -- 6.3% chance to 2HKO

I don't really see the use of HP Ice on Aegi because if you are against a ground type you might as well switch because HP Ice will most likely not kill barring Gliscor. Flash Cannon Aegi might play out better against ground types considering it is stab and still hits super effectively (except for Gliscor but Conkeldurr can take care of it with Ice Punch) Steel also hits Fairies and Rocks hard which is good I guess?
I thought if I manage to anticipate a switch on a Landorus/Garchomp/Gliscor/Salamence, it could be nice.

I'm thinking about smoething : who is enough stupid to let a rock/fairy type against Aegislash ?
And HP Ice can surprise isn't it ?

OK. Aegislash is banned and i don't which Pokémon i should take. Metagross ? Goodra ? Cloyster ? Another one ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)