SM OU OU Team Any Improvements/ Suggestions?

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Calm Mind

My old team wasn't the best but on my old account it got me to 1400+, but whenever I saw a Keldeo on a team things always went downhill as when it went +2 it usually OHKO'ed my team with either Sacred Sword, or Scald. So I wanted to use a team around it. With this set it when it goes +2 it can OHKO / 2HKO some of it's biggest threat's in Magic Guard Clef, Magearna (depending on what set), Xurkitree and Bulky Quiver Dance Volcarona.

Tornadus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

Tornadus, is the only defogger on the team. It's main purpose is to help Keldeo, Tapu Lele and Heatran not take rocks or spikes damage and to blow away Toxic Spikes.
With Flyinium Z, Tornadus-T can use either Z-Defog which gives me +1 accuracy, or Supersonic Skystrike, which blows away mons that can deal with +2 Keldeo, such as AV Tangrowth which Tornadus-T 2HKO's and 75% chance to OHKO with Supersonic Skystrike, OHKO's Specially Defensive Bulu, OHKO'S Mega Heracross and a Supersonic Skystrike + a U-Turn kills Mega Gardevoir.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 56 SpA / 76 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Specially Defensive Heatran's goal on this team is to help Tornadus, deal with Jirachi, Excadrill, Mega Pinsor, Mega Scizor and want it to lay rocks weakening the team for a potential Keldeo sweep. With this EV spread, Heatran can survive Scarf Keldeo's Secret Sword, Mega Alakazam's and Hoopa-Unbound's Focus Blast, potentially an Earth Power Offensive Heatran's and possibly 4 hit's from Ash-Greninja's Water Shuriken's. Aswell since Zygarde's gone to Uber's one of his biggest check's is gone allowing him to freely sweep teams time to time.

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake

AV Tangrowth, is on this team to mainly wall threat's to Keldeo, such as Zeraora, Tapu Koko and Serperior. +6 Serperior only 2HKO'S it, HP Ice Tapu Koko, 5HKO's it, Banded Fire Punch from Zeraora, 3HKO'S it with a 35.5% chance to 2HKO, HP Ice from Landorus-T 6HKO's it and most of the times it survives +2 U-Turn from Mega Scizor.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

Not a lot of people expect Scarf Lele, which is really good, because it deals with the likes of Ferrothorn, Greninja, Keldeo, Landorus, and blows a lot of the mons in this tier away, with Psychic Surge up it even deals with Mega Scizor, which can't really touch it but use U-Turn.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- U-turn

Bulky Mega Scizor is mainly here to help keep Keldeo Healthy, going +2 with Sword's Dance, it takes away one of Keldeo's biggest threat's Mega Alakazam, with Bullet Punch it blows away Magic Guard LO Clef, OHKO's Alolan Ninetales even if Aurora Veil is up, deals with Espeon, and Celebi which aren't common but usable in the tier.

Any suggestions to make this team better?

Hi, i have some suggestions that could help you ig, the team looks solid overall but it has some issues, mons like heatran (who's only check here is keld which is very easy to chip), rotom wash it's very annoying. Almost any dd sweeper blows the team up, for example zard x or gyarados, you also don't have a ground type which is almost mandatory for every solid team.

Major Changes:

>>
: Okay let's start here, i recommend you to use lando t over lele, because physical sweepers, mainly the dd ones are very threatening and you also needed a ground type to prevent volturn and another ground immunity is cool, and it still gives you speed control.

Optional Changes:

>>
: This isn't necessary at all because scizor is fine here but as i see it mawi fits better, intimidate is very cool and it's a good help against gyara and toxapex.

Minor Changes:

: A bulkier spread is better for the team, this is great for pivoting and switchin in things like medi or bulu.

: Just added the z move since i dropped it on Torna.

: I just simplified the spread a bit to add tran some bulk and i have put toxic over taunt to punish switchins which i though was better here

https://pokepast.es/7b749792eb8f8be0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)