OU team.. can't think of a smart name

Well, after being in a rut for an extended period, leaving OU altogether before even the Latias test began, I've decided to give OU another shot ow that Salamance, and the resulting Centralisation, has gone from the metagame.

I've not really used Tyranitar before, but, seeing as a lot of Scarftar have been going around, I decided to use DDTar as my primary sweeper, however, I needed ways to assist him in his goal.

And thus, this team was born.

Aerodactyl (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

What is there to say about Aero leads that hasn't already been said? Aero is here for one reason, and one reason only. To get his job done. Get up the rocks, and preferably, prevent the foe doing the same. This job is even more vital now, as I seem to be seeing a lot more Roserade leads, and DDTar HATES Toxic Spikes.

Used to be a Gliscor, but it was too slow, and gave nothing to the team.
---

Starmie @ Life Orb [Testing: Leftovers]
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef [Testing: 152 Def/216 Spd/140 SAtk]
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt [Testing: Reflect]
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Life Orb Starmie, put simply, is a BEAST. Hydro Pump deals 20% to even Blissey, and about 80% to Tyranitars who think they can switch in nice and safe and Persuit me. Starmie punches holes in the opposing team, as often, Hydro Pump alone obliterates anything that dosen't resist it, or is called Blissey.

Thunderbolt dosen't see that much use, but gets the odd hit on a Gyarados, but Ice Beam deals with Dragonites.

To top it all off, Starmie has a tendacy to lure things like Scarftar Persuits, which my Tyranitar can happily come in on and set up.

I'm currently testing a varient of Starmie which is more bulky, and has Reflect. This Starmie can lure things like Scizor and Tyranitar, and defeat them, but loses power and coverage.
---

Bronzong @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/152 Atk/8 Def/96 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Light Screen
- Gyro Ball
- Reflect
- Explosion

Brongzong is great and all, but this is one of the slots I am suspect about. Duel Screening helps, but it rarely actually gets to Tyranitar, it usually ends up with Starmie or Celebi [The latter being odd due to the Fire weakness shared...]. Brongzong explodes once he sets up screens, taking out anything that thought it could set up on it... which tends to be a lot of stuff...

Testing in Replacement:

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Timid/Naive Nature
EV's: 40 Attack or HP [Depends on the set I choose]/216 Speed/252 Sp.Atk
Thunderbolt
Subsitute
Hidden Power [Fire]
Magnet Rise/Explosion

Magnezone has been suggested to replace Brongzong as it helps to cover for the weaknesses of other members of my team, such as the Dark and Ghost type weaknesses. In addittion, as CB Scizor and Choie Scarf Jirachi can both do numbers on my team, Magnezone is the perfect counter to both of these. Testing will help me decide on if Magnet Rise or Explosion is the better choice to fit with the rest of my team, and, by extension, the EV's, and Nature as well.
---

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake

The star of the show. Tyranitar is bulky enough as it is, but behind screens, and not even Close Combats OHKO. Leftovers makes this bulk all the more apparent, but, if Brongzong goes, I will replace it with a Lum Berry, or maybe a Bibarbi Berry to defeat Scizor.

The basic idea is to come in, DD, and the smash anything that gets in my way. I occasionally play the psychological game, and bring in TTar on Scarfed Rotoms and things, making them think 'OMG, Scarftar', and use this reaction to find out how they'd deal with T-Tar, and switch out.
---

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Grass Knot
- Recover
- Earth Power

This slot underwent a massive change. This used to be a Nasty Plot Infernape. However, due to overlapping weaknesses, I chose to chaneg the slot into a Celebi, who still delt with things like Swampert with Grass Knot, but better covered Tyranitar's weaknesses. This Celebi has saved me several times, Leech Seed and Recover make it very difficult to take down, and set-up attackers take heavy damage from either Grass Knot [T-Tar and Gyarados] or Earth Power [Lucario, Infernape, Scizor dosen't fair that well either]

Again, Celebi lures things like Scarftar, and I'm happy to let it bite the bust so DDTar gets a free setup.

I'd say this Celebi is the glue for my team.
---

Rotom-h @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball

Gengar, Gyarados, Scizor, Stall, this is why Scarf Rotom is on my team. ScarfGar is rare as anything nowadays, at least, from what I'm seeing. Tricking a scarf messes things like Blissey up so badly, it's hilarious.

Rotom also provides a useful Fighting immunity, and a Ground one too.
---

Threats and Worries:

Anything with Persuit can be an issue, if played right, and something like Swampert has not been removed yet. Having 3 pokemon weak to Persuit is obviously a danger.

If Tyraniar and Starmie go down early, my team loses a lot of power behind it.

I do have some issues with Stall. With no wallbreaker, things like Skarmbliss can be an issue, evenmoreso since Skarmory has a nasty habit of making Stone Edge miss it before it WW's out T-Tar, seriously, every time SE misses Skarmory. Tricking a Scarf is about the worst I can do to Stall, without somehow setting up T-Tar.

Most offensive threats can be handled, however, Dragonite can be a thorn if it gets a DD. However, there's not a lot Dragonite can come in on. Brongzong would explode, Celebi would Leech Seed it, T-Tar has Stone Edge, Starmie has Ice Beam, and Rotom would Shadow Ball it. Dragonite's best window is when Rotom uses Overheat or Thunderbolt.

Brongzong... isn't the most consistant thing in the world. I'm unsure what to replace it with, and what other changes would be needed to my team with the lack of Screen support.

I think that if you want to effectively sweep with DDTar you will need to take out the counters who revenge kill it, namely Scizor and Choice Scarf Jirachi. Thus, Magnezone makes an excellent partner as it can trap and kill both of them. So, replace Bronzong with a Magnezone.

Another thing would be replacing Starmie with the likes of a bulky water such as Vaporeon or Suicune. As they can deal some damage to the physical walls that will be the only thing standing in your way, provided you've removed any counters.

I would suggest turning Aerodactyl back to Gliscor, although he lacks the speed that Aerodactly has, he is not fragile and can come back in and serve as a physical wall.

I think making those changes will greatly improve this team. Hope I helped.

CB Scizor could be troublesome for you. Scizor will hit atleast 4 Pokemon on your team for SE damage, 5 if it carries Pursuit. I would recommend changing Starmie to;

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 152 Def/216 Spd/140 SAtk
- Reflect
- Recover
- Surf/Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt

This Starmie often lures Scizor and Tyranitar, but Reflect allows you to beat both of them. The EVs allow you to out-speed Base 110s and below, while you avoid being 2HKOd by CB Scizor and CB Tyranitar (CSTar is a 4HKO), with reflect up, while striking back with Surf. You could use Hydro Pump if you want the extra power, but the higher accuracy and PP are more beneficial on this Starmie (IMO).

I would then change Bronzong to Heatran, because your team needs a Dark and Ghost resist other than Tyranitar.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SpDef)
- Substitute
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Explosion

Heatran will help a lot against Scizor, taking barely anything from any of its attacks, bar Superpower/Brick Break while OHKOing it with Fire Blast. Heatran will also help against Stall, where it can punch a huge hole in the opposing team with Explosion.

Hope this helped.

OK, so far, the order of what I will test:

Magnezone over Brongzong, I will experiment with sets, but Scarf is quite redundant with CS Rotom already on the team...

I'll test Gliscor again, but I might use a EV spread with more speed. Before, I was using the standard, defensive Gliscor.

I don't like the idea of a bulky water on this team. Starmie's needed to check Dragonite, as well as punch a hole in physical walls, and it also does quite a number on Swampert, whom Tyranitar dosen't like much. If I run Reflect Starmie, I'll be using Ice Beam over Thunderbolt, as I need the coverage on Dragonite more than on Gyarados [Not to mention Reflect helps v Gyarados, but Nite may try to Draco Meteor, and I have Scarf Rotom]

So, to sum up changes I'm testing:

Brongzong for Magnezone
Testing Reflect over Thunderbolt on Starmie
May test Gliscor if these go well, Celebi's already a decent physical wall, to the same types Gliscor would help with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)