OU Team Style Tournament #2: Deoxys-D [Sign-Ups]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
approved by Harsha :)

OU Team Style Tournament #2​
Ever wanted to try a certain team style but was never really sure where to start? Are you an offensive battler who wants to start playing around with stall? Well you’ve come to the right place! The OU Team Style Tournament will incorporate battling technique with the exploration of different styles of teams. In each of these tournaments, a specific team style will be described at the beginning and everyone will have to build a team that matches the style, which they will use in the tournament. At the end, the champion’s team will be posted in this thread and discussion will be held regarding how it fits the style and how it can be improved. Good luck and I hope everyone gets to explore some new teams!

How to participate:
  • The OU Team Style Tournaments are run just like an official Smogon tournament. The first thread/post posted is the sign-ups. During the sign-ups you post “in”.
  • The Rounds will last exactly 4 days from the second the round is posted here in the OU sub-forum. At the end of the 4 days, unfinished matches at the deadline will decided by coin flip. Exception: *If you contacted your opponent but they do not respond by the day before the deadline, then if that match does not get completed you will win by activity*
  • Each tournament will consist of 16, 24, 32, 48 or even 64 participants. It will be first come first serve. Sign-ups will last for approximately 3 days unless the tournament reaches 64 participants, at which point sign-ups will finish.

General Rulings for All Tournaments
Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections

Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

OU Team Style Tournament Rules:
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown! unless both players agree otherwise.
  • Standard Gen V OU. Refer to this page for more information on usable Pokemon.
  • This is a single elimination best of one tournament.
  • At the completion of the tournament, the champion's team will be posted and I will lead discussion regarding the team which will include topics such as how the team can be improved and how well it fits the style. You do not have to participate in the tournament in order to be a part of the discussion.

Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Soul Dew Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview

Other things to note about OU Team Style Tournaments
  • There won't be more than one tournament running at a time.
  • Any of the above rules are subject to change depending on the tournament at hand.
  • The second post will always outline the specific team style of the tournament
  • Please turn in a log or replay of your battle once it has been completed. This will ensure there is no drama, and select replays can be put up on the OU hub once the tournament reaches a close.

You do not have to submit a team for this tour and you can change your team between rounds, just remember your team must include Deoxys-D!

Sign-Ups:

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OU Team Style Tournament #2
~~Deoxys-D~~

Teams must include Deoxys-D

Deoxys-D, a Pokemon that has single handedly created an entire play style in the OU metagame, one that some consider is standard enough to be on par with weather teams. Loved by some and hated by others, how effective will he be in this tournament?

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So, is Deoxys-D banned or a required member of the team? Either way, this is something I'd like to integrate myself into.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
In. I will go to the beach tomorrow, novaray. I will come back on friday, so...can you please wait for me? Dont give my opponent activity win :[

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Sorry closing this thread until OU mods sort this out - I was pretty sure that the mods agreed to start a sign up for an OU tour only when the other (Joeyboy's) tour is in its semi-final stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)