Project OU Teambuilding Competition V9 (Done! See you all in Sun & Moon)

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Im on it, dont worry, I just have a really bad sense of time. Team 10 by komet3 has won this teambuilding round! Congratulations, will be added to the hall of fame alongside the rest of teams that are pending (lol...)

On the next teambuilding round, now let me think on something... mmm, guess I will go with this.

ROUND 46:

+
/
+
/
+
/
+
/
+

Presenting Type-Spam! The offensive technique of overwhelming opposing Pokemon that have a typing advantage over 2 partners of the same typing for one another in order for one of them to clean or break the opposing team. A cool strat and many teams are built with this idea, either intentionally or not cause some typings are just really cool. Not all Type-Spam cores are cool imo, but I encourage you to prove me wrong!

To summarize, Build a team that uses 2 Pokemon that share the same typing, to overwhelm their checks and stuff.

Round lasts until Saturday at 10:59 PM GMT -5 (Central time). Hope everyone have fun on them (and for the love of God, not everyone be doing dark spam -_-).

Last edited:
Thundurus + Zapdos Offense

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 68 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Weavile @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Out of all the OU Pokemon that share a typing, I felt that Zapdos and Thundurus work best together. They have completely different roles considering they share a typing, as Thundurus is an offensive T-Wave spammer, while Zapdos is a defensive defogger.
One popular core with Thundurus is with Mega Metagross and Keldeo, as it's an offensive core that covers many of the more popular pokemon in the tier, so I started with that core.
Then I added Zapdos as the defogger as this team needs hazard control and a check to Talonflame, as it destroys the other members of the core. Normally I would use Tank Chomp, but Zapdos is an alternative that can better counter some fighting & ground type attackers.
I added Heatran as another rock resist, a fire type attacker, and a stealth rocker. Max speed is run to counter M-Scizor and M-Heracross, who can do a lot of damage to this tean. It resists rock, which hurts both Thundurus & Zapdos pretty hard. It can also tank a lot of other hits due to it's nice defensive typing. And finally, it gets up rocks, which is very important to this team.
Finally, I added Weavile, since this team has tons of trouble with bulky psychic types like Latios & Latias, and Landorus-T. Landorus-T can destroy almost every other member of my team, especially when scarfed, so Weavile is on the team to revenge kill it. My team also has trouble breaking through Latios & Latias, so Weavile runs pursuit to trap & Kill them.

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Can I use mons that share similar checks like exca+lop to overwhelm lando or do they HAVE to share a typing?

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Surf
- Roost

fists for ears, fam (Diggersby) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Quick Attack

Lopunny-Mega (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Power-Up Punch
Pretty generic-looking bulky offense based around Lop + Diggers. Rotom-W helps the initial core deal with huge threats like Slowbro, Landorus-T, Garchomp, etc., while pressuring Clef for Lop with Volt Switch chip damage. I opted for T-Wave on Rotom to give me a counterplay to Zard-X, as Heatran is commonly relied on to deal with Zard on teams like this. 'Rachi is the designated Clef check and does its job extremely well because it doesn't have to play around Clef's T-Wave as much as Heatran does; it also checks things like Kyu-B, Diancie-Mega, and Alakazam-Mega pretty well—all of which are typically huge annoyances to BO squads. Bold Clef and Lati form a pretty potent duo that round out the team, giving the team a wincon, a Medi switch-in (for non-Zen variants, which are pretty rare anyway), a Keld switch-in, and so on and so forth. Surf Lati helps lure out Heatran for Flame Clef, so after Heatran's been taken out Clef is generally pretty set to win with a CM or two up.

Pretty weak to Scarf Driller but that thing's broken so idk. Diggersby is pretty interchangeable with like a million different breakers so whatever you want to put there is realistically up to you I suppose.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Surf
- Roost

fists for ears, fam (Diggersby) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Quick Attack

Lopunny-Mega (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Power-Up Punch
Pretty generic-looking bulky offense based around Lop + Diggers. Rotom-W helps the initial core deal with huge threats like Slowbro, Landorus-T, Garchomp, etc., while pressuring Clef for Lop with Volt Switch chip damage. I opted for T-Wave on Rotom to give me a counterplay to Zard-X, as Heatran is commonly relied on to deal with Zard on teams like this. 'Rachi is the designated Clef check and does its job extremely well because it doesn't have to play around Clef's T-Wave as much as Heatran does; it also checks things like Kyu-B, Diancie-Mega, and Alakazam-Mega pretty well—all of which are typically huge annoyances to BO squads. Bold Clef and Lati form a pretty potent duo that round out the team, giving the team a wincon, a Medi switch-in (for non-Zen variants, which are pretty rare anyway), a Keld switch-in, and so on and so forth. Surf Lati helps lure out Heatran for Flame Clef, so after Heatran's been taken out Clef is generally pretty set to win with a CM or two up.

Pretty weak to Scarf Driller but that thing's broken so idk. Diggersby is pretty interchangeable with like a million different breakers so whatever you want to put there is realistically up to you I suppose.
Not sure if I'm missing something, but aren't you supposed to make a team with two pokemon with the same typing?

Not the exact same typing, he put Mega Lopunny + Diggersby which are both Normal type
Well then how is that a challenge? I could have used 50% of my teams for this, typing overlap isn't exactly uncommon. I'm sorry if I'm missing the point/being a jerk here, I just don't understand why this counts as a challenge

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I think you guys are kind of missing the point. It's not asking for the same typing so much it's asking for utilizing a type spam core to be used effectively. Cenamizing with the use of dual electrics is an example, Lopunny + Diggersby like daddys kisses provided as another.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
To preface this build, keep in mind that while this team is pretty dung on paper, you tend to be able to use it aggressively and this team suddenly becomes very hard to beat. IIRC, c0mp got suspect reqs back during the hoopa suspect with an older iteration of this team, and I've laddrred into the 1800s with it on various alts (albeit not in the last month or two). With that small intro out of the way, I'll move onto the team.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Skill Swap
- Taunt
- Explosion

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Diancie @ Diancite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power Fire

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Double-Edge
- U-turn

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Earthquake
- Roost

This is a really fun bird spam team that I like using for fun because of the hyper offensive style of the team and frankly how rewarding it is to stunt on people with this team. Azelf is a mon that's here a couple gens too late, but it's solid at stopping my opps from getting up rocks early game and setting its own. Also, the fact that offense runs hazard control a lot less than it used to with things like lo 3 attacks Latios being more common than lo defog these days when comparing it to a few months ago makes azelf cooler because it's hazards are more likely to stay when coupled with the offensive nature of this team. Mega diancie makes sure that my birds don't get impaled by rocks while also breaking through some key threats to birds like rotom w lando and tar. Talon flame is the team's main wincon and is the main centerpiece of the team and keeps offensive mons in check with priority brave bird. The original rendition of the team uses banded u turn talon, but I despise band flame with a burning passion, so I chose not to use it here. Staraptor helps break shit like rotom that wall talon while generally being very strong and being able to dent walls easily. Raikou beats down offensive elecs (mainly thund) as well as fatter waters that the birds on the team struggle with while also denting shit and chunking Hp from mons like tran with specs volt switch. Lastly, Latios is here as a Keld check as well as being a strong special nuke that can bust through shit p easily. Overall, this is a really fun team to use and really rewards prediction, but if you don't wish to rely on aggressive doubles and such to win, then you probably shouldn't use this team.

P.S: Adding in sprites/icons to a post on mobile sucks

Last edited:
Birds of Prey

Pidgeot-Mega (M) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Dugtrio (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Memento

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Flare Blitz

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Stealth Rock

Yo, first I would like to say thank you for all who voted for me during the last comp. This is my first time winning in this comp and I can get one in before the meta-game ends. Anyways to the team as you can tell this is "basic" bird spam with volturn concept credited to DennisEG with a Mega Pidgeot. And if you don't get the title you are too young for me. On to the team.

First on the team is the mega pidgeot very standard ou set with u-turn for momentum and to help the next mon to his job and roost for longevity. Next on the fine list of mons is Dugtrio. Honestly never used this mon before but it is fun. The idea is to beat what pidgeot can't besides rotom-w for example t-tar, tran and etc. with sucker punch for a last hit effort and memento for again the next mon can set up on. Which is indeed the 2014 version of talonflame. Offensive swords dance nothing more to say it is a late game sweeper. Latias to at least take a hit from rotom, and others in the tier that destroys bird spam with roost for longevity and for some kind of hazard control. Next on the list is rotom-w for more of way to stop bird spam itself. Finally jirachi as a answer for lati@ and faries and a rocker with healing wish to bring a mon back in the fight.

Mix

mahmood soldi
is a Past WCoP Champion
Lure Rachi + Skarmory

Importable

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
EVs: 92 Atk / 164 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Thunderbolt

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Knock Off

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Description

The real core is not Jirachi + Skarm, but Mega-Venu + LureRachi, but I have two steel pokemon on my team I think the team is valid anyway :]
LuraRachi can beat just everything apart Steel (who cares, we have HP Fire Venusaur) Icy Windy on stupid Garchomp, Tbolt on bulky water to help Gliscor's sweep in case Venu dies, Iron Head is the stab and is good on everything after an Icy Windy and HP Ground for Heatran, so this can help offensive Mega-Venu that can hit everything without Heatran (i think). Both Slowbro and Clefable have TWave instead of CMind and Flamethrower, why ? SR Clef is horrible with FT and Twave help too much for the team, because offensive Venu and SD Gliscor con sweep, so, that's all. Hope you enjoy and try this, because is a good team and fun to play

Last edited:
To preface this build, keep in mind that while this team is pretty dung on paper, you tend to be able to use it aggressively and this team suddenly becomes very hard to beat. IIRC, c0mp got suspect reqs back during the hoopa suspect with an older iteration of this team, and I've laddrred into the 1800s with it on various alts (albeit not in the last month or two). With that small intro out of the way, I'll move onto the team.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Skill Swap
- Taunt
- Explosion

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Diancie @ Diancite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power Fire

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Double-Edge
- U-turn

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Earthquake
- Roost

This is a really fun bird spam team that I like using for fun because of the hyper offensive style of the team and frankly how rewarding it is to stunt on people with this team. Azelf is a mon that's here a couple gens too late, but it's solid at stopping my opps from getting up rocks early game and setting its own. Also, the fact that offense runs hazard control a lot less than it used to with things like lo 3 attacks Latios being more common than lo defog these days when comparing it to a few months ago makes azelf cooler because it's hazards are more likely to stay when coupled with the offensive nature of this team. Mega diancie makes sure that my birds don't get impaled by rocks while also breaking through some key threats to birds like rotom w lando and tar. Talon flame is the team's main wincon and is the main centerpiece of the team and keeps offensive mons in check with priority brave bird. The original rendition of the team uses banded u turn talon, but I despise band flame with a burning passion, so I chose not to use it here. Staraptor helps break shit like rotom that wall talon while generally being very strong and being able to dent walls easily. Raikou beats down offensive elecs (mainly thund) as well as fatter waters that the birds on the team struggle with while also denting shit and chunking Hp from mons like tran with specs volt switch. Lastly, Latios is here as a Keld check as well as being a strong special nuke that can bust through shit p easily. Overall, this is a really fun team to use and really rewards prediction, but if you don't wish to rely on aggressive doubles and such to win, then you probably shouldn't use this team.

P.S: Adding in sprites/icons to a post on mobile sucks
You can use these if you don't wanna murder people's eyes:

Rotom-w + Keldeo to Pressure latios/similar pokemon

Importable
Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Recover

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Explanation
Basically the idea is pokemon like latios that want to come in on keldeo and rotom-w are going to spamed and burned worn down very easily so keldeo and rotom-w are left to cause many problem for the the remainder of the team as on many teams the only switch in to keldeo is latios also the team also has a T-tar to take advantage of rotom-w's volt switch for much easier trapping of latios or other theats like torn-t and mew sorry if this was a bit short.

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
First time here! yay!

That's some cool hyper offense as you can see...

I decided that building a dragon spam team would be very interesting because I haven't seen dragon spam in ages.

The core I started to build around is Mega Charizard X and Garchomp. Decided to use an offensive rocks Garchomp to increase the core's effectiveness weakening similar switch-ins like Landorus-T, Mega Altaria and what not. Decided it would be cool to use Outrage on Charizard instead of Dragon Claw. Because of OLT, lots of people are spamming stall nowadays. Stall's main switch-in to Charizard-Mega-X is Quagsire, which gets 2HKO'd by Outrage, leaving a clear way to Garchomp and the other team members. Added a Bisharp because it's the second best ladder mon and I figured it would benefit from the two dragons weakening Garchomp and Landorus-T. It also scares Defog users. Then added Starmie because Heatran could be annoying to Mega Charizard X even though Outrage is a 2HKO at +1 if rocks are up and my the team really needed a spinner. Gengar is another wallbreaker which is a spin blocker too. It mainly weakense Heatran so Charizard would have a happier time killing it. Thought an offensive Talonflame would be perfect as the 6th member because not only it weakens Heatran for Charizard, it also appreciates from the removal of Landorus-T and Garchomp.

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 204-241 (51.7 - 61.1%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Outrage vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 182-214 (47.1 - 55.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
- Roost

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Ice Beam

Gengar @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Icy Wind / Taunt

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower
- Stealth Rock

Kyurem-Black @ Expert Belt
Ability: Teravolt
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Psyshock
- Roost

Here's a DragonSpam team based around the combination of Kyurem-B as a wallbreaker and ScarfChomp as a cleaner. The inclusion of Latios as a third Dragon is entirely coincidental- I just needed a Defogger and a bit more speed. DragonSpam may seem suboptimal in Gen 6 due to the prevalence of Fairy types, but many pokemon that annoy Dragon types, like Heatran, Rotom-W, Landorus-T, and Weavile, lack reliable recovery and are fairly easy to wear down (Clefable being the obvious exception). Mega Scizor offers nearly perfect synergy with my dragons. It takes opposing fairy, dragon, and ice type moves, working as a hard counter to otherwise team-breaking threats like Weavile, and as a soft check to Clefable. Even though Scizor doesn't like Clefable's yellow magic, Clefable tends to be overwhelmed by the collective might of my dragons. Rotom-W provides a nice check to Heatran and a complement to Scizor's U-Turn, allowing me to pivot into nasty threats like Kyurem-B to punch holes in the opposing team. Thunder Wave stops Zard-X from using Rotom-W as set-up fodder, because it otherwise just walks through my team. Clefable is there because it completes my DFS (or DDDFS) core, adding another solid pivot that can lure Steel-types with Flamethrower (Scizor can be really annoying otherwise). The team handles Fairies mainly with Scizor, who can OHKO M-Diancie and (after rocks) M-Gardevoir, and 2HKO all but the bulkiest Clefable. There is a lot of pressure on Scizor on this team, but once you scout for random HP-Fires, it's nearly impossible to take down.

I'll be honest- Clefable is frustrating for this team to take down. T-Wave is tough to switch in to, but it isn't really all that bulky and really can't cover everything this team can throw at it. If I see a Clefable on the opposing team, it's immediately one of my main focuses. I can't ever give it a free turn, because it will suck this team's momentum dry. But if I can predict its switch-ins, I can force it to keep recovering and eventually take it down.

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Iron Tail

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Medicham is one of the best mega currently, a huge offensive presence and ease that other mega do not have to find partners with so many options to build, resistance against SR, coverage and really few things in the metagame can enter secure it.

Medicham click hjk and break a leg. This move is insane. Jolly to have tie speed with Mana and Chars.
Terrakion to increase the pressure Fight-moves and still prevent flying-types freely switch with a second STAB Rock.
Clefable is the switch for Mega Sableye, extra evs in def is to prevent HJK another Medicham is 2HKO.
Tornadus-T as well as being a decent response against Gengar and Alakazam, has Iron Tail to lure Diancie, and as always, a great pivot.
Excadrill for hazard and Clefable control, only immunity for Volt Switch on the team.
Next, bird-check and pivot, Rotom-W.

Last edited:

Sakis

Banned deucer.

Hello everyone, i ve been checking this thread some time now and when i saw that theme i thought i should post this interesting team i built a while ago. It sure is an interesting idea. I'll be looking forward for your feedback!

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 200 HP / 56 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power

Metagross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog

Breloom @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Focus Punch
- Bullet Seed

This is a team i build not too long ago. Its an offensive oriented team that utilises the Sun weather effect Charizard Y provides and makes that Heatran set viable. This Heatran set helps in hard walling Spdef Heatrans, trapping and killing starmies, rotoms and other things like that under the sun which are the main heatran switchins. I decided to use this specific Heatran spread because i realised that it doesnt need special attack to get the kos i wanted it to get and spdef helped more overall. Heatran can also trap and kill some Lati Variants, specifically the non surf and non eq ones. The next thing i needed was a Pursuit Trapper, since latis are a real annoyance for Zard Y. I decided to use Metagross because, although its not he best trapper, it sure is the one that takes the most hits and thats the reason its here. Furthermore, one shoting Clefable is a big priviledge, definately giving it extra points. The next thing i needed was hazzards and hazzard removal so i preffered Latios as it is the best OU Defogger , it also provided a bulky water + volcanion switch-in. T-bolt is here for things like Volcanion, Manaphy and Gyarados. I chose Landorus as my Stealth Rocker to face things like Talonflame and Charizard X. As for the last pokemon i chose Breloom because this team needed some priority/speed and Breloom works really well with Charizard Y and especially alongside Heatran.

Last edited:

false

maybe this is heaven
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Past SPL Champion
DYNAMIC DUO

The only thing better than 1 Reuniclus is 2 Reuniclus.

Reuniclus paves the way for Duosion by luring annoying Dark- and Steel-types with Colbur + Focus Blast. Magnezone traps stuff like SpDef Jirachi and Defensive Mega Scizor which are hard to beat. Keld + Lati + Lando is just 3 rly good mons that provide Rocks and removal and patches up ur team vs most things like Exca, Bisharp, Manaphy, Keldeo etc.
Duosion @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Reuniclus @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo @ Splash Plate
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

DYNAMIC DUO

The only thing better than 1 Reuniclus is 2 Reuniclus.

Reuniclus paves the way for Duosion by luring annoying Dark- and Steel-types with Colbur + Focus Blast. Magnezone traps stuff like SpDef Jirachi and Defensive Mega Scizor which are hard to beat. Keld + Lati + Lando is just 3 rly good mons that provide Rocks and removal and patches up ur team vs most things like Exca, Bisharp, Manaphy, Keldeo etc.
Duosion @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Reuniclus @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo @ Splash Plate
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost
i vote that this auto-wins on the basis of him actually using duosion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)