OU Theorymon (Playable via Challenge on PS!)

How about Aerodactyl with Brave Bird?
A better Flying Stab would be great for it.
Works well in basic form with Rock Head, and also as Mega with Though Claws.

How about Aerodactyl with Brave Bird?
A better Flying Stab would be great for it.
Works well in basic form with Rock Head, and also as Mega with Though Claws.
Once again, this is not the place for submissions. Please submit ideas to one or more of the council members who are listed in the OP of this thread.

Alright so I think its time to try breathe a bit of life into this thread, and to do so I think I'm gonna try put a bit of a spotlight onto stall. Stall has received a lot of buffs in this meta, but only recently imo has it begun to really show through, since the clean up removing some crazy wall breakers, and the last 4 entries into the archive prior to Meloetta having a great influence.

I think the coolest thing about stall in this meta is that it is so much more diverse than almost any other meta, with far more options available leading to the playstyle being far less predictable and one dimensional. The biggest contributor to this increased diversity is this little godsend right here:
+ Steel / Flying-typing and Flash Cannon

Xatu may seem like a pretty poor replacement to Mega Sableye with its measly 65/70/70 defences, but with typing as amazing as Skarmory's and max investment, you'll find that there is still plenty that Xatu can check and counter. Plus with Magic Bounce and a nice movepool, Xatu is sufficient in fulfilling the roll of reflecting hazards, and effectively dealing with Stall Breakers. U-Turn in particular gives it a massive lift in becoming a great pivot for stall. Xatu also has amazing synergy with a lot of good picks for stall. So basically what all of this means is that there is a lot less pressure forcing stall players to use Sableye as their Mega, as there is finally a non-mega worthy of filling its shoes. Though not to undermine Mega Sableye, as it has only gotten better in this meta with more and more checks to Fairies.

So lets have a glance at some of the other Mega Evolutions that are now a lot easier to fit into a competitive stall team.

As well as those buffed in this meta being

Plus there are plenty of other new faces in this meta to replace and aid common stall picks to create more routes to building a highly functional stall team, whether it be full, semi, stall-turn, or anything in between.

What's particularly interesting is that 9 of these new additions are strong users of the moves Volt Switch and U-Turn, giving Stall-Turn a lot more options, which is rather exciting as it makes the generally slower stall play style substantially more dynamic.

To give a better idea of some of the new options available I'm gonna do a bit of a core dump, of things you might see on different types of stall builds.

+

Behold the new VenuTran. These two have amazing synergy together, and combine to wall a very large portion of the meta game. Things that threaten Heatran such as Azumaril and Keldeo (without Icy Wind) are easily countered by Drought Torterra, and things that threaten Torterra such as Talonflame and Latios are walled by Heatran. Torterra's Drought reeeally helps out Heatran a lot, with the weather boosting Heatran's Fire STAB and neutralising its Water weakness. Torterra can also go an extra mile and help Heatran out with Leech Seed to get a bit of passive healing going to make up for Heatran's lack of a reliable recovery move. Heatran can also help out Torterra by opting to run Taunt, which also allows the core to handle opposing stall teams. Both have very good mixed bulk, with Torterra generally taking the physical hits and Heatran the special, but neither too afraid to take hits on their less invested stat. Their typing is also awesome with Torterra being a rare EdgeQuake resist, and Heatran having bucket loads of 4x resistances. Plus both have strong tools such as access to phasing and SR. The two can just take so many hits between them and handle so many top threats such as Latios, Azumarill, Zard X without EQ, Clefable, Keldeo, Talonflame, Ferrothorn, Slowbro, Excadrill, Landorus-T, Mega Metagross, etc. Obviously no core is perfect, but these two make for a pretty epic back bone to any stall team.
As far as teammates go, this core is extremely exciting because you can go with pretty much any mega evolution. Xatu means no team needs to run Sableye, but then the second most common stall Mega is Venusaur, which you don't need because you have Torterra to do a lot of what it does. Slowbro is another common Mega for stall, but not the best for this pair given their heavy weakness to Thundurus-I. So the core encourages the use of Megas less commonly seen on stall such as Aggron, Ampharos, Latias, Altaria, and Charizard-X. The pair also form the makings of an epic FWG core, so a strong bulky water is another cool partner. I'd personally be strongly considering Poison Heal Curse Gastrodon as it makes for a nice Electric check, Status absorber, and Win-Con.

Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Synthesis
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Leech Seed

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 188 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Flash Cannon

+

This core is interesting as it can go two very different ways, with the partnership being effective with either Bulky Charizard-X, or standard Dragon Dance for a more semi-stall build. Xatu is an amazing partner to Mega Charizard-X, with its new typing giving it the ability to better cover a lot of pokemon that can trouble Charizard, such as Mega Altaria, Rhyperior, Landorus-T, Mega Diancie, Excadrill, Garchomp, and Latias. But most importantly Magic Bounce allows Xatu to keep hazards off of the field for Charizard, which is particularly important pre-mega. Bulky Mega Charizard does its part by serving as a really strong counter to a variety of Fire and Electric types that give Xatu a hard time. It also spreads Will-O-Wisp to help remedy Xatu's lower than average bulk, and Dragon Tail provides great chip damage with hazard support, alongside extra chip form WoW and Xatu's U-Turn.
The core has a lot of potential for good partners. A strong water resist is greatly appreciated, and some form of hazards are required in order to make the most out of Zard's Dragon Tail. Chesnaught is pretty good with Spikes and water resistance, while Xatu and Charizard cover its weaknesses between them, and it fills some other holes too. Bulky Water and Psychics in general make for pretty good partners to round off some key resistances as well. Slowbro stands out as a good partner in that manner. Also Volt-Switch Reuniclus is particularly notable due to it forming a slow Volt-Turn core with Xatu, which is a nice little Stall-Turn core, or extremely neat for safe switch ins and set up should you go with DD Zard on Semi-stall.

Xatu @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Flash Cannon
- U-turn
- Roost

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

+
+
(Mega)

This is a core I'm currently building around for a Semi-Stall team based upon Dragon Dance Krookodile. As I say, however other options are a lot more available and viable now, Mega Sableye is still an absolute king. Even more so with a variety of ways of dealing with Fairies, one of those ways being Crobat. Crobat being able to dismantle Clefable sets between Taunt and Poison Fang, as well as wall CB Azumaril, Mega Altaria, Specs Sylveon (locked into anything but Psyshock), Mega Absol, Mega Audino, Granbull, and Donphan. That's just the Fairies. Crobat also lends a massive hand to Krookodile, thanks to its awesome match ups versus a plethora of Fighting, Bug, and Grass types, as well as the Fairies. Krookodile also serves its duties towards assisting Crobat as well, thanks to its Psychic and Electric immunities, while also resisting Rock. Plus the two make for a double Intimidate core, furthered by Sableye's Will-O-Wisp making it a very tough life for physical attackers. Krookodile also has Pursuit to trap and eliminate key threats such as hazard removers like the Latis, and Knock Off to cripple and wear down the opposition. Then of course DD allows it to transition into a cleaner later game. A couple of Mega Sableye's immunities also cover weaknesses of the others. Anyway I better start summarising because I just have too much to say about this core and will probably start rambling pretty soon if I haven't already.
• Double Intimidate + Will-O-Wisp makes it extremely difficult for Physical attackers.
• Epic match up vs opposing Stall as all three are effective stall breakers with Knock Off, Pursuit, Dragon Dance, Taunt, Poison Fang, Magic Bounce and Calm Mind between them.
• Magic Bounce + Spin blocker + Taunt + Pursuit makes your hazard control game extremely strong if you have an ally to get up hazards of your own.
• Great type synergy.
The core needs a great special wall to cover the current lack of any significant SpD aside from Sableye after a boost or two. The best partner ever for this core is probably Bronzong + Recover. It gives you an epic Special wall to blanket check a lot of special attackers, another Fairy check to better handle Mega Gardevoir and Stall Breaker Togekiss, a Stealth Rock Setter, and resistances to almost all of the already present weaknesses in the core combined (Importantly, Ice, countering KyuB). Greatly benefits from the Intimidate and Will-O-Wisp support. Chansey is in a similar boat to Bronzong, providing a huge blanket of a special wall, and benefitting from Intimidate + WoW support. Healing Wish users also make for great teammates, as they allow you to get your Krookodile in more frequently to utilise its epic tools in Intimidate, Knock Off and Pursuit, without having worry about it being too crippled to clean later should it need to. Latias stands out as it gives you a Water resist, and Defog support too. In fact I may have just built a team.

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Fang
- U-turn
- Roost
- Taunt

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

So yeah, I hope that this'll be able to spark a bit more interest in this thread and meta. Its nice to have a metagame where stall can be viable AND versatile, without being broken or centralising.

Peace :)

Alright so I think its time to try breathe a bit of life into this thread, and to do so I think I'm gonna try put a bit of a spotlight onto stall. Stall has received a lot of buffs in this meta, but only recently imo has it begun to really show through, since the clean up removing some crazy wall breakers, and the last 4 entries into the archive prior to Meloetta having a great influence.

I think the coolest thing about stall in this meta is that it is so much more diverse than almost any other meta, with far more options available leading to the playstyle being far less predictable and one dimensional. The biggest contributor to this increased diversity is this little godsend right here:
+ Steel / Flying-typing and Flash Cannon

Xatu may seem like a pretty poor replacement to Mega Sableye with its measly 65/70/70 defences, but with typing as amazing as Skarmory's and max investment, you'll find that there is still plenty that Xatu can check and counter. Plus with Magic Bounce and a nice movepool, Xatu is sufficient in fulfilling the roll of reflecting hazards, and effectively dealing with Stall Breakers. U-Turn in particular gives it a massive lift in becoming a great pivot for stall. Xatu also has amazing synergy with a lot of good picks for stall. So basically what all of this means is that there is a lot less pressure forcing stall players to use Sableye as their Mega, as there is finally a non-mega worthy of filling its shoes. Though not to undermine Mega Sableye, as it has only gotten better in this meta with more and more checks to Fairies.

So lets have a glance at some of the other Mega Evolutions that are now a lot easier to fit into a competitive stall team.

As well as those buffed in this meta being

Plus there are plenty of other new faces in this meta to replace and aid common stall picks to create more routes to building a highly functional stall team, whether it be full, semi, stall-turn, or anything in between.

What's particularly interesting is that 9 of these new additions are strong users of the moves Volt Switch and U-Turn, giving Stall-Turn a lot more options, which is rather exciting as it makes the generally slower stall play style substantially more dynamic.

To give a better idea of some of the new options available I'm gonna do a bit of a core dump, of things you might see on different types of stall builds.

+

Behold the new VenuTran. These two have amazing synergy together, and combine to wall a very large portion of the meta game. Things that threaten Heatran such as Azumaril and Keldeo (without Icy Wind) are easily countered by Drought Torterra, and things that threaten Torterra such as Talonflame and Latios are walled by Heatran. Torterra's Drought reeeally helps out Heatran a lot, with the weather boosting Heatran's Fire STAB and neutralising its Water weakness. Torterra can also go an extra mile and help Heatran out with Leech Seed to get a bit of passive healing going to make up for Heatran's lack of a reliable recovery move. Heatran can also help out Torterra by opting to run Taunt, which also allows the core to handle opposing stall teams. Both have very good mixed bulk, with Torterra generally taking the physical hits and Heatran the special, but neither too afraid to take hits on their less invested stat. Their typing is also awesome with Torterra being a rare EdgeQuake resist, and Heatran having bucket loads of 4x resistances. Plus both have strong tools such as access to phasing and SR. The two can just take so many hits between them and handle so many top threats such as Latios, Azumarill, Zard X without EQ, Clefable, Keldeo, Talonflame, Ferrothorn, Slowbro, Excadrill, Landorus-T, Mega Metagross, etc. Obviously no core is perfect, but these two make for a pretty epic back bone to any stall team.
As far as teammates go, this core is extremely exciting because you can go with pretty much any mega evolution. Xatu means no team needs to run Sableye, but then the second most common stall Mega is Venusaur, which you don't need because you have Torterra to do a lot of what it does. Slowbro is another common Mega for stall, but not the best for this pair given their heavy weakness to Thundurus-I. So the core encourages the use of Megas less commonly seen on stall such as Aggron, Ampharos, Latias, Altaria, and Charizard-X. The pair also form the makings of an epic FWG core, so a strong bulky water is another cool partner. I'd personally be strongly considering Poison Heal Curse Gastrodon as it makes for a nice Electric check, Status absorber, and Win-Con.

Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Synthesis
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Leech Seed

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 188 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Flash Cannon

+

This core is interesting as it can go two very different ways, with the partnership being effective with either Bulky Charizard-X, or standard Dragon Dance for a more semi-stall build. Xatu is an amazing partner to Mega Charizard-X, with its new typing giving it the ability to better cover a lot of pokemon that can trouble Charizard, such as Mega Altaria, Rhyperior, Landorus-T, Mega Diancie, Excadrill, Garchomp, and Latias. But most importantly Magic Bounce allows Xatu to keep hazards off of the field for Charizard, which is particularly important pre-mega. Bulky Mega Charizard does its part by serving as a really strong counter to a variety of Fire and Electric types that give Xatu a hard time. It also spreads Will-O-Wisp to help remedy Xatu's lower than average bulk, and Dragon Tail provides great chip damage with hazard support, alongside extra chip form WoW and Xatu's U-Turn.
The core has a lot of potential for good partners. A strong water resist is greatly appreciated, and some form of hazards are required in order to make the most out of Zard's Dragon Tail. Chesnaught is pretty good with Spikes and water resistance, while Xatu and Charizard cover its weaknesses between them, and it fills some other holes too. Bulky Water and Psychics in general make for pretty good partners to round off some key resistances as well. Slowbro stands out as a good partner in that manner. Also Volt-Switch Reuniclus is particularly notable due to it forming a slow Volt-Turn core with Xatu, which is a nice little Stall-Turn core, or extremely neat for safe switch ins and set up should you go with DD Zard on Semi-stall.

Xatu @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Flash Cannon
- U-turn
- Roost

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

+
+
(Mega)

This is a core I'm currently building around for a Semi-Stall team based upon Dragon Dance Krookodile. As I say, however other options are a lot more available and viable now, Mega Sableye is still an absolute king. Even more so with a variety of ways of dealing with Fairies, one of those ways being Crobat. Crobat being able to dismantle Clefable sets between Taunt and Poison Fang, as well as wall CB Azumaril, Mega Altaria, Specs Sylveon (locked into anything but Psyshock), Mega Absol, Mega Audino, Granbull, and Donphan. That's just the Fairies. Crobat also lends a massive hand to Krookodile, thanks to its awesome match ups versus a plethora of Fighting, Bug, and Grass types, as well as the Fairies. Krookodile also serves its duties towards assisting Crobat as well, thanks to its Psychic and Electric immunities, while also resisting Rock. Plus the two make for a double Intimidate core, furthered by Sableye's Will-O-Wisp making it a very tough life for physical attackers. Krookodile also has Pursuit to trap and eliminate key threats such as hazard removers like the Latis, and Knock Off to cripple and wear down the opposition. Then of course DD allows it to transition into a cleaner later game. A couple of Mega Sableye's immunities also cover weaknesses of the others. Anyway I better start summarising because I just have too much to say about this core and will probably start rambling pretty soon if I haven't already.
• Double Intimidate + Will-O-Wisp makes it extremely difficult for Physical attackers.
• Epic match up vs opposing Stall as all three are effective stall breakers with Knock Off, Pursuit, Dragon Dance, Taunt, Poison Fang, Magic Bounce and Calm Mind between them.
• Magic Bounce + Spin blocker + Taunt + Pursuit makes your hazard control game extremely strong if you have an ally to get up hazards of your own.
• Great type synergy.
The core needs a great special wall to cover the current lack of any significant SpD aside from Sableye after a boost or two. The best partner ever for this core is probably Bronzong + Recover. It gives you an epic Special wall to blanket check a lot of special attackers, another Fairy check to better handle Mega Gardevoir and Stall Breaker Togekiss, a Stealth Rock Setter, and resistances to almost all of the already present weaknesses in the core combined (Importantly, Ice, countering KyuB). Greatly benefits from the Intimidate and Will-O-Wisp support. Chansey is in a similar boat to Bronzong, providing a huge blanket of a special wall, and benefitting from Intimidate + WoW support. Healing Wish users also make for great teammates, as they allow you to get your Krookodile in more frequently to utilise its epic tools in Intimidate, Knock Off and Pursuit, without having worry about it being too crippled to clean later should it need to. Latias stands out as it gives you a Water resist, and Defog support too. In fact I may have just built a team.

Crobat @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Fang
- U-turn
- Roost
- Taunt

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

So yeah, I hope that this'll be able to spark a bit more interest in this thread and meta. Its nice to have a metagame where stall can be viable AND versatile, without being broken or centralising.

Peace :)
I'm glad you like Xatu with its new typing!
Here's a core idea:
Volcanion+ xatu
These two cover each other's weaknesses quite well, with good prediction, and if volcanion can get a burn he makes life much easier for frail xatu. xatu can keep the hated SR away and get volcanion in with a slow u-turn.

Hello everyone! After quite a long time of preparation and a bunch of people asking, we finally have an official viability rankings! Keep in mind that everything here is only a starting ground. There are still a lot of OU-bound (aka non-theorymon) Pokemon that need to be moved around. As long as nobody goes overboard, everything is solidly up for discussion. This is also in the second post in the thread if you want to look there. We'll also be having sample teams coming up soon! :)

S Rank:

S Rank

Diancie (Mega)
Keldeo

A Rank:

A+ Rank

Alakazam (Mega)
Azumarill
Charizard (Mega-X)
Entei
Excadrill
Garchomp
Gengar
Heatran
Jirachi
Landorus-T
Lopunny (Mega)
Metagross (Mega)
Pidgeot (Mega)
Slowbro
Talonflame
Tornadus-T
Thundurus

A Rank

Altaria (Mega)
Bisharp
Braviary
Charizard (Mega-Y)
Gardevoir (Mega)
Gliscor
Goodra
Gyarados (Mega)
Kyurem-B
Latios
Manectric (Mega)
Medicham (Mega)
Meloetta
Moltres
Rotom-W
Scizor (Mega)
Tyranitar
Venusaur (Mega)
Virizion
Weavile

A- Rank

Aerodactyl (Mega)
Alakazam
Breloom
Clefable
Ferrothorn
Gyarados
Hippowdon
Klefki
Latias
Latias (Mega)
Latios (Mega)
Magnezone
Mew
Pinsir (Mega)
Sandslash
Serperior
Slowbro (Mega)
Starmie
Tentacruel
Zoroark

B Rank:

B+ Rank

Amoonguss
Cradily
Diggersby
Dragonite
Gastrodon
Gogoat

cHeracross (Mega)
Kingdra
Krookodile
Mamoswine
Manaphy
Porygon-Z
Politoed
Raikou
Jolteon
Sableye (Mega)
Sceptile (Mega)

Skarmory
Suicune
Swanna
Tangrowth
Terrakion
Togekiss
Torterra
Volcarona

B Rank

Absol (Mega)
Archeops
Beedrill (Mega)
Bronzong
Cobalion

Crawdaunt
Chansey
Empoleon
Dragalge
Feraligatr
Gallade (Mega)
Garchomp (Mega)
Houndoom (Mega)
Hydreigon
Kabutops
Metagross
Quagsire
Reuniclus
Scizor
Sharpedo (Mega)
Slowking
Swampert (Mega)
Victini
Xatu

B- Rank

Audino (Mega)

Alomomola
Hawlucha
Lucario
Mandibuzz
Omastar
Scolipede
Stunfisk
Thundurus-T

Toxicroak
Tyranitar (Mega)
Venusaur
Zapdos

C Rank:

C+ Rank

Aggron (Mega)

Ampharos (Mega)
Azelf
Banette (Mega)
Blastoise (Mega)
Celebi
Chesnaught
Conkeldurr
Granbull

Infernape
Kyurem
Nidoking
Rhyperior
Rotom-F
Seismitoad
Shiftry
Staraptor
Sylveon
Tyrantrum
Zygarde

C Rank

Abomasnow (Mega)

Cofagrigus
Cresselia
Dugtrio
Forretress
Gourgeist-XL

Heracross
Krookodile
Magneton
Muk
Porygon2

Rotom-H
Shuckle
Victreebel
Whimsicott

C- Rank

Blissey
Camerupt (Mega)
Cacturne
Cloyster
Froslass
Jellicent
Mantine
Nidoqueen
Pangoro
Roserade
Shaymin

D Rank:

Chandelure
Donphan
Emboar
Haxorus
Honchkrow
Mienshao
Sableye
Umbreon
Weezing

Edit @ below: Just mistakes on my part, fixed o:

Last edited:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Hello everyone! After quite a long time of preparation and a bunch of people asking, we finally have an official viability rankings! Keep in mind that everything here is only a starting ground. There are still a lot of OU-bound (aka non-theorymon) Pokemon that need to be moved around. As long as nobody goes overboard, everything is solidly up for discussion. This is also in the second post in the thread if you want to look there. We'll also be having sample teams coming up soon! :)

S Rank:

S Rank

Diancie (Mega)
Keldeo
Meloetta

A Rank:

A+ Rank

Alakazam (Mega)
Azumarill
Charizard (Mega-X)
Entei
Excadrill
Garchomp
Gengar
Heatran
Jirachi
Landorus-T
Lopunny (Mega)
Metagross (Mega)
Pidgeot (Mega)
Slowbro
Talonflame
Tornadus-T
Thundurus

A Rank

Altaria (Mega)
Bisharp
Braviary
Charizard (Mega-Y)
Gardevoir (Mega)
Gliscor
Goodra
Gyarados (Mega)
Hoopa Unbound
Kyurem-B
Latios
Manectric (Mega)
Medicham (Mega)
Moltres
Rotom-W
Scizor (Mega)
Tyranitar
Venusaur (Mega)
Virizion
Weavile

A- Rank

Aerodactyl (Mega)
Alakazam
Breloom
Clefable
Ferrothorn
Gyarados
Hippowdon
Klefki
Latias
Latias (Mega)
Latios (Mega)
Magnezone
Mew
Pinsir (Mega)
Sandslash
Serperior
Slowbro (Mega)
Starmie
Tentacruel
Zoroark

B Rank:

B+ Rank

Amoonguss
Cradily
Diggersby
Dragonite
Gastrodon
Gogoat

cHeracross (Mega)
Kingdra
Krookodile
Mamoswine
Manaphy
Porygon-Z
Politoed
Raikou
Jolteon
Sableye (Mega)
Sceptile (Mega)

Skarmory
Suicune
Swanna
Tangrowth
Terrakion
Togekiss
Torterra
Volcarona

B Rank

Absol (Mega)
Archeops
Beedrill (Mega)
Bronzong
Cobalion

Crawdaunt
Chansey
Empoleon
Dragalge
Feraligatr
Gallade (Mega)
Garchomp (Mega)
Houndoom (Mega)
Hydreigon
Kabutops
Metagross
Quagsire
Reuniclus
Scizor
Sharpedo (Mega)
Slowking
Swampert (Mega)
Victini
Xatu

B- Rank

Audino (Mega)

Alomomola
Hawlucha
Lucario
Mandibuzz
Omastar
Scolipede
Stunfisk
Thundurus-T

Toxicroak
Tyranitar (Mega)
Venusaur
Zapdos

C Rank:

C+ Rank

Aggron (Mega)

Ampharos (Mega)
Azelf
Banette (Mega)
Blastoise (Mega)
Celebi
Chesnaught
Conkeldurr
Granbull

Infernape
Kyurem
Nidoking
Rhyperior
Rotom-F
Seismitoad
Shiftry
Staraptor
Sylveon
Tyrantrum
Zygarde

C Rank

Abomasnow (Mega)

Cofagrigus
Cresselia
Dugtrio
Forretress
Gourgeist-XL

Heracross
Krookodile
Magneton
Muk
Porygon2

Rotom-H
Shuckle
Victreebel
Whimsicott

C- Rank

Blissey
Camerupt (Mega)
Cacturne
Cloyster
Froslass
Jellicent
Mantine
Nidoqueen
Pangoro
Roserade
Shaymin

D Rank:

Chandelure
Donphan
Emboar
Haxorus
Honchkrow
Meloetta
Mienshao
Sableye
Umbreon
Weezing
Is Hoopa-U unbanned cuz I mean I won't complain if it is. You also have Meloetta in S Rank and D Rank lol There is also a random c in front of Heracross-Mega.
Nitpicking aside, thanks for getting this done! I'm sure it will be a very helpful resource when teambuilding n_n

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/outheorymon-364649407 Just had a fun game with Funbot28 that showcases a few Theorymon threats. The biggest takeaway is that with the advent of Meloetta and Swanna, priority spam has the special "coverage" it needs to be a viable strategy. Playing aggressively and saccing strategically will let you wear down opposing checks enough to sweep easily without worrying too much about being able to switch into [insert offensive threat].

When was the decision to strip Meloetta of nature power made? I never really liked that idea, but I'm still kinda curious.

I think that Yanmega should probably be around B- to C+ rank with Scolipede. My bit of reasoning here: It's another frail speed boost mon with mediocre attack and Sp. A. Might be a good late-game cleaner with tinted lense, but in OU there are too many mons that outspeed, and even with its new improved defensive typing it still can't take a hit.

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Hey i wanted to make this post showing the sets ive been using for some of the mons added! I might post again later with some mons i didnt include this time too.

edit: didnt wanna double post so ill just dump the ones i wrote today in here. so the post doesnt get too long ill put all the mons' hide tags in one huge hide tag like a folder.

Trick Room Attacker
Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning / Soundproof
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Bullet Seed
- Frost Breath
- Earthquake / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Shard

Bullet Seed is Mega Abomasnow's first move, and main physical STAB. It is preferred over Seed Bomb as Technician lets Bullet Seed deal more damage most of the time. Frost Breath is Mega Abombasnow's Ice-type STAB move which gets a Technician boost to 90 BP and always deals a critical hit to the foe. Earthquake is used in the next slot to KO Heatran, Cobalion, and most other grounded Steel-types that resist Mega Abomasnow's STAB moves. Hidden Power Fire is another option that still hits most Steel-types super effectively, but also breaks Mega Scizor. Finally Ice Shard is used to give Abomasnow a form of priority as well as the ability to pick off pokemon like a weakened Talonflame under Trick Room.

Abomasite is the mandatory item to mega evolve and gain the Technician abilty. Snow Warning is the preferred ability prior to Mega Evolution to get chip damage on pokemon like Chansey which could potentially beat Mega Abomasnow with some luck. Soundproof is also an option to safely switch into Mega Gardevoir or Sylveon's Hyper Voice before mega evolving. The EVs are simply maximum investment in Attack and Special Attack to maximize Mega Abomasnow's damage output on both the physical and special ends of the spectrum. A Brave nature is used to give Mega Abomasnow a chance to beat Chansey with Bullet Seed, while also boosting the power of its other physical moves. 0 Speed IVs are used to ensure that Mega Abomasnow will almost always move first in trick room.

Mega Abomasnow appreciates Trick Room setters such as Escavalier, Reuniclus, Diancie, Cresselia, and Bronzong on its team. Other Trick Room abusers that synergize with Mega Abomasnow are also very good partners to have, to take maximum advantage of Trick Room. Two examples of this are Emboar or Eruption Heatran as they threaten the Steel-types that can wall Mega Abomasnow, while also resisting some forms of priority like Bullet Punch and Talonflame's Brave Bird.

Mega Abomasnow can run a Swords Dance set to boost its attack and make Bullet Seed and Ice Shard hit exceptionally hard, but such a set needs to waste a turn of Trick Room to get going, and as such is typically not worth it. A non-Trick Room set for Mega Abomasnow can be attempted, but it is incredibly slow and has far to many stops to pull such a thing off. Iron Tail can be used to lure Cresselia, but doesnt hit much else. Rock Slide can be used to lure Talonflame, Moltres, and Mega Charizard Y. Substitute can be used to improve Abomasnow's matchup against offensive teams after Trick Room has ended, but it rarely finds an opportunity to set it up. Grass Whistle puts one of the opponents to sleep, but has very low accuracy and Mega Abomasnow has better moves to run.

Fallen Angel
Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty / Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Fire Blast / Parting Shot / Swords Dance

Knock Off is mandatory STAB which deals good damage to most pokemon that dont resist it, while also having utility in removing items from the pokemon it hits. Sucker Punch is another Dark-type STAB move, but with priority to help Absol mega evolve safely, and also targets faster pokemon like Choice Scarf Jirachi. Play Rough is Mega Absol's Fairy-type STAB that achieves perfect neutral coverage alongside Knock Off and Sucker Punch barring Klefki, hitting the Fighting-, Fairy-, and Dark-types that resist them for neutral or super effective damage. Fire Blast in the last slot threatens Mega Scizor, Klefki, and several other mons that may try to switch in. Parting Shot is another option which lets Mega Absol pick up momentum on predicted switches. Swords Dance is the final option that gives Mega Absol insane power for breaking down teams late game.

Absolite lets Absol mega evolve, giving it a great boost in Attack, Special Attack, and Speed along with new and useful typing. Maximum Attack and Speed investment is used to make Mega Absol into a speedy hard hitter. If Mega Absol is not running a Special Attacking move, the remaining 4 EVs should be placed into Special Defense as not to give Porygon-Z an attack boost, and a Jolly nature should be used. Justified is the preferred pre-mega ability to give Absol the opportunity to switch into exceedingly weak Dark-type moves and gain an Attack boost.

Partners that can break down steel types such as Keldeo, Magnezone, and Moltres are all good options. Wallbreakers work well with Mega Absol, as they can soften teams up for it to clean. Pokemon that heavily punish priority users such as Rocky Helmet Garchomp make for good partners, as priority in general is something Mega Absol absolutely detests due to its terrible bulk.

Absol has quite a few viable options to run in the last slot. Iron Tail can be used to lure Diancie, Clefable, and Cresselia. Ice Beam is an option to OHKO both Landorus-T and Garchomp without taking Rocky Helmet damage. Zen Headbutt hits Amoonguss and Mega Venusaur. Substitute gives Mega Absol a shield from one hit, and is useful for avoiding getting revenge killed by Extreme Speed users. Will-O-Wisp, Toxic, and Thunder Wave are all options to let Mega Absol cripple its switch-ins.

Wall
Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Dragon Tail / Sleep Talk
- Stealth Rock / Curse
- Rest

notes: standard wally set. impish nature lets you beat mega lop 1v1. its an okay stealth rock setter. it can also run curse to become a wincon, and you can replace dtail with sleep talk if you do this to almost simulate a crocune kind of set.

Bird With a Stone
Archeops @ Hard Stone / Leftovers
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 16 HP / 240 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost / Heat Wave

notes: this set takes advantage of archeop's amazing coverage. stab stone edge hits exceptionally hard and should be the move you spam the most. aerial ace is secondary stab that allows archeops to hit fighting types. hp ice is to hit fat grounds like lando and chomp. roost is to recover off damage from rocks and espeeds to keep archeops healthy, but heat wave is an option to break skarmory. hard stone boosts the power of stone edge, but leftovers improves archeop's longevity. 16 hp evs are enough to live +2 choice band entei's extreme speed and ohko back after rocks.

Choice Band
Archeops @ Choice Band
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 16 HP / 240 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive / Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn / Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Aqua Tail

notes: use naive if u run hp ice to 2hko tank chomp always, but run jolly if u use aqua tail. Aqua tail is for hippo btw. An itemless set with acrobatics may have some merit but the stone edge on this thing is so stupidly strong. you can try heat wave too but you already have a good chance to 2hko physdef skarm after rocks with cb stone edge.

Defensive Calm Mind
Audino-Mega @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind
- Wish / Rest
- Protect / Sleep Talk

notes: wishtect is better for supporting teammates and lets audino set up on some stuff like cb azu. resttalk is an alterantive that gives you the ability to shake off status.

Offensive Pivot

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Sniper
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Drill Run
- Knock Off / Pursuit
- Protect

notes: not much to say, pretty straightforward. Knock off is in the last slot because bee doesnt have much else worth running, but you can try pursuit for retreating psychics.

All-Out-Attacker
Braviary @ Choice Band / Silk Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Brave Bird
- Superpower
- U-Turn

notes: classic AOA set. Pretty standard but ill give a bit of explanation. Espeed and bb are stabs obviously. Superpower breaks mons like ttar that resist its other stabs. U-turn is to maintain momentum. Jolly is the preferred nature to outpace heatran.

I Want To Be Ekiller
Braviary @ Silk Scarf / Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower
- Brave Bird / Roost
- Bulk Up

notes: after boosting espeed becomes rediculously strong, OHKOing quite a few offensive pokemon in the tier. Superpower is coverage to hit pokemon like heatran and ttar. Brave bird is secondary stab that also breaks mega sableye, but roost can be used to boost longevity. Finally bulk up is used to boost braviary's attack while also giving it some nifty boosts in bulk to counteract the effects of superpower.

Defensive
Bronzong @ Leftovers / Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic / Hidden Power [Ice]
- Recover

notes: evs let you check latis, mega diancie, mega sceptile barring hax, and mega gardevoir while also maximizing physical bulk to take on mons like excadrill, sd lando, mega metagross, mega pinsir, azu lacking knock off, and so on. Toxic is good for accumulating long term damage but hp ice deals with stuff like lando and scep quickly at the expense of becoming setup bait for mons like cm slowbro.

Mixed Sand Sweeper

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower / Hidden Power [Ice] / Poison Jab

notes: this set is meant to completely destroy convetional sand checks. this mixed cacturne set can break common sand answers like landorus-t, slowbro, and rotom-w easily. stabs take up the first two slots, both special to hit traditional sand checks harder, while sucker punch occupies the next slot and makes the opponent think twice before trying to kill it with pokemon like mega alakazam or talonflame. Superpower is the primary choice in the fourth slot and it allows cacturne to beat chansey on the switch. Hidden power ice is another option that lets cacturne ohko landorus-t rather than just take a big chunk. Finally poison jab is an option to deal massive damage to virizion that try to come in and defeat it on the switch.

Swords Dance Trapper
Cobalion @ Leftovers / Fist Plate / Shuca Berry
Ability: Magnet Pull
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head / Taunt
- Substitute / Taunt / Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

notes: cobalion's job is to trap pokemon like jirachi, bisharp, ferrothorn, and heatran. close combat is cobalion's main stab, while iron head is coverage to hit fairy types. taunt is an option that lets cobalion prevent pokemon like skarmory from phazing it as it sets up. sub is used to let cobalion set up more comfortably on pokemon like ferrothorn and jirachi without worrying about stray thunder waves or leech seeds, while also letting cobalion get a hit off on the next pokemon that switches in after it trapped the steel with no reprecussions. stealth rock can be run and set up on pokemon cobalion traps that dont threaten it significantly like jirachi or bisharp. swords dance is the final move that lets cobalion boost its attack to +6 on certain pomeon it traps and then sweep. leftovers helps cobalion set up on jirachi without getting worn down by iron heads as it uses swords dance. fist plate is needed to ohko heatran after rocks, but heatran is rarely at full to begin with. Shuca berry is another option that lets cobalion get rocks up on pokemon like garchomp or landorus-t.
Calm Mind
Cresselia @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast
- Moonlight / Substitute
- Calm Mind

notes: this cresselia takes advantage of its incredible bulk and offensive typing to become a very hard to stop setup sweeper. Leftovers is the item of choice and it gives cresselia the ability to heal itself without relying entirely on moonlight. the EVs maximize cresselia's physical bulk and make it very hard to overpower on the physical end, while calm mind patches up the lack of special defense investment. Shadow ball and moonblast are mandatory stab moves that give cresselia great coverage. moonlight lets cresselia recover health, but substitute is an option that lets cresselia deflect status, though it must rely entirely on leftovers for recovery that way. calm mind is what defines this set with its ability to boost both cresselia's special attack and special defense turning it into a potent wincon that accumulates boosts easily and has good offensive and defensive typing.

Defensive
Cresselia @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast / Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave / Toxic
- Lunar Dance / Psycho Shift / Ice Beam
- Moonlight

notes: this cresselia is intended to be used as a pivot that uses its gargantuan defenses to force the opponent out and give it a free turn to status the switchin or help one of its own teammates with lunar dance. leftovers gives cress passive recovery, and the ev spread lets cresselia take on adamant mega medicham while also maximizing its special bulk to allow it to easily tank hits like mega gardevoir's hyper voice. moonblast is the primary stab move that hits the pokemon cresselia walls like latios and garchomp for supereffective damage. Shadow ball is another option with better coverage but this leaves cresselia unable to touch pokemon like mega lopunny. thunder wave has excelent utility in spreading paralysis to cresselia's switchins, while toxic can be used on more defensively oriented teams to wear the opponent down. lunar dance is in the last slot so that cresselia can fully restore the health of a weakened teammate if it is no longer necessary that cresselia stays alive. psycho shift can punish pokemon that try to beat cresselia through statusing it like toxic hippowdon. ice beam is another option that lets cresselia more often than not beat taunt gliscor, which otherwise is problematic for this set to handle. finally moonlight is used in the last slot to help keep cresselia healthy over the course of the match.

All-Out-Attacker
Entei @ Charcoal / Choice Band
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze

notes: classic entei set with the twist that the main item is charcoal rather than choice band. this lets it more comfortably use espeed (bc its not locked into a move) after nabbing a defiant boost. CB works too tho

Howl
Entei @ Charcoal / Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Bulldoze / Stone Edge
- Howl

notes: not much to say other than howl boosts your attack for you. pretty similar to the last set. lum is for twave/tox when youre setting up.

Trick Room Cleaner
Escavalier @ Life Orb
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Drill Run / Knock Off
- Trick Room

notes: life orb is the item to make esca hit as hard as possible. EVs and IVs are pretty standard for a trick room mon, with max attack, enough hp to hit a life orb number, and the rest in defense with zero speed and a -spe nature. megahorn is the most spammable and powerful stab, while iron head is a more accurate alternative that hits the fairies that resist bug. Drill run is to hit steels and fires that resist its stabs, while knock off is an option that has general utility in removing items from pokemon that wall it like skarmory.

Special Attacker
Goodra @ Expert Belt / Leftovers
Ability: Protean
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam / Dragon Pulse / Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt / Flamethrower
- Focus Blast / Muddy Water
- Sludge Bomb / Superpower

notes: if anyone has a way to optomize this further feel free to tell me, but this is what ive come up with. Boltbeam is great coverage and the starting point of this set. Dragon pulse or draco meteor can be used over ice beam in niche cases to stop mega charizard x from setting up on you. Flamethrower over thunderbolt reliably breaks bronzong, while also beating ferrothorn without relying on focus blast's shaky accuracy. focus blast is the primary move in the next slot which hits the hardest of all goodra's moves on a neutral hit, while also breaking pokemon like heatran, empoleon, magnezone, and ferrothorn. Muddy water is another option that hits entei and diancie super effectively at the expense of hitting some other pokemon super effectively. Sludge bomb is in the last slot to provide a way to prevent pokemon like clefable and mega audino from setting up on you. Superpower is an option to lure chansey instead and 2hko it on the switch. The EVs allow goodra to outpace 8 Spe lando-t and jolly azu while maximizing power and bulk. You can just run max speed too, and even go timid if thats your thing.

Mixed Attacker
Goodra @ Draco Plate
Ability: Protean
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant / Lonely Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Blast / Thunderbolt
- Earthquake / Superpower / Power Whip
- Iron Tail / Poison Tail

notes: this set takes advantage of goodra's powerful outrage backed by protean and great coverage to break down dragon resists. Fire blast is for skarm and ferro, but tbolt lets you hit bulky waters like slowbro. run lonely if you use tbolt to make sure slowbro gets 2hkoed. Earthquake breaks down steels like heatran and empoleon that dont mind fire blast, but superpower can be used to hit stuff like air ballon tran without giving it a chance to burn you, and to more easily break chansey. Power whip lets you beat fat grounds and waters like hippo and rotom-w which goodra struggles to reliably beat. Iron tail beats faires that take no damage from outrage, but poison tail is a weaker option which allows you to hit azumarill harder than with iron tail.

Nasty Plot Sweeper
Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoomite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Moonblast
- Nasty Plot

notes: pretty simple, just stabs + moonblast for coverage + np to boost.

Dragon Dance
Krookodile @ Life Orb / Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate / Moxie
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge / Superpower / Fire Fang
- Dragon Dance

notes: Adamant nature hits noticebly harder but jolly lets you outspeed stuff like mzam after a dd. stone edge is its main coverage move to let it hit mons like togekiss and mandibuzz, but superpower is an option too to get neutral coverage on most things, while hitting the steels that arent weak to earthquake. Fire fang is also an option to KO virizon at +1 and also deal more consistet damage to skarmory than knock off can. Intimidate makes it easier to set up, moxie has snowball effect. lo or lum is your choice but i think lo is better overall.

Calm Mind
Latios-Mega @ Latiosite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Recover

notes: this set works almost like offensive starmie, in that analytic punishes its switchins. draco meteor is hard hitting stab that gets more and more powerful with each cm boost, becoming stupidly hard to take. dragon pulse can be used instead to not deal with special attack drops, but this is typically undesireable as it is significantly weaker. shadow ball is secondary stab that achieves great neutral coverage alongside draco meteor, only resisted by bisharp. calm mind boosts both latios' specail attack and special defense, making it hit exceedingly hard. recover is in the last slot to improve latios' longevity and allow it to more reliably deal with pokemon like keldeo and mega manectric.

Defensive Defog
Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Air Slash
- Defog
- Roost

notes: ill be frank and say that mantine is not very good even after the buff, but this is the best ive been able to come up with. the EVs allow it to check keldeo while maintaining the special bulk to check mons like volcanion, gengar, mega charizard y, and tornadus-t if stealth rocks are not up. an EV spread that is fully specially defensive is plausible, allowing mantine to more solidly check the aforementioned mons at the expense of beating keldeo.

Offensive Life Orb
Moltres @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Modest / Timid Nature
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Grass] / Hidden Power [Ground]
- U-turn / Roost

notes: fire blast v fthrower is up to you, just preference. Hp grass is to break down fat waters that can eat up a hurricane like rotom-w, but hp ground can be used to lure tran. U-turn is to maintain momentum, but roost is also an option for more longevity.

Specially Defensive
Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpD / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Defog

notes: spread maximizes special bulk while allowing moltres to outspeed jolly mzor and kill it with flamethower, as well as burn bisharp. You can run no item if your team is particularly bisharp weak to have a more reliable switchin. Rest of evs are dumped into special bulk. pretty simple set.

All-Out-Attacker
Pangoro @ Life Orb / Dread Plate / Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy / Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch / Superpower
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Gunk Shot

notes: superpower is better on choice band sets usually, but otherwise drain punch is better for extra longevity. Scrappy lets you hit mega sableye, but if thats not a concern run iron fist to boost the power of drain punch.

Swords Dance
Pangoro @ Lum Berry / Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker / Scrappy / Iron Fist
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch / Knock Off
- Gunk Shot / Substitute
- Swords Dance

notes: mold breaker lets you ignore quagsire's unaware, while scrappy lets you hit mega sableye, and iron fist boosts the power of drain punch. lum is the best item if youre not running sub so you can eat a scald burn or something, but lefties lets you set up more subs on sub sets. Knock should only really be used with sub sets too because you're basically dead weight against offense withotut it.
Work Up
Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Tangled Feet
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast / Refresh
- Work Up
- Roost / Heat Wave

notes: this is probably mega pidgeots best set and pmuch a direct upgrade from what it used to run. Refresh + roost + work up + hurricane is best for stallbreaking, but work up + roost + 2 attacks or work up + 3 attacks are better in most other scenarios. Theres some merit to an all out attacker set but i think LO torn-t does that better even taking into account no guard.

Wallbreaker
Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest / Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Tri Attack
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Trick / Dark Pulse

notes: dark pulse lets you hit opposing pgonz, hp fighting hits bish and ttar. take a look at ou speed tiers to see what speed benchmarks you miss out on with modest, i think its worth it.

Revenge Killer
Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Modest / Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Tri Attack
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Trick / Dark Pulse

notes: same as previous

Agility
Porygon-Z @ Life Orb / Lum Berry / Leftovers
Modest / Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Tri Attack
- Nasty Plot / Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Agility

notes: run np for a double dance sort of thing, or just go for the extra coverage with hp fight. Lum for para, lefties for recovery (best on double dance), life orb for power (best on agility).

Nasty Plot
Porygon-Z @ Leftovers / Spooky Plate
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Tri Attack
- Hidden Power [Fighting] / Substitute
- Nasty Plot

notes: pretty self explanitory, if you run sub lefties is better, but in other situations spooky plate's power boost can be worthwhile.

All-Out-Attacker
Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Focus Blast
- Earthquake

notes: litearlly just the analysis set with seed flare>leaf storm

RegenVest Pivot
Stunfisk @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpA OR 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpA
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Discharge / Thunderbolt
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Scald

notes: regen + av is a classic duo that works quite well. the spread maximizes its ability to take on stuff like talonflame while also letting it reliably 2hko spdef variants with discharge. if you run tbolt instead use the second spread which gives you better physical bulk while still 2hkoing tflame. hp ice nails stuff like lando and chomp on the switch, but scald is another option if you feel like fishing for burns.

Utility
Stunfisk @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpA OR 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpA
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Discharge / Thunderbolt
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

notes: basically the same thing as last time but this can set rocks too. this set struggles a lot more against stuff like thundurus.

Gale Wings Attacker
Swanna @ Choice Specs
Ability: Gale Wings
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Air Slash
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Grass] / Ice Beam / Defog

notes: air slash is more accurate than hurricane and is used when the extra power isnt as necessary. hp grass hits rotom-w which is like this sets worst enemy, but u can run defog too. Ice Beam is another option to hit garchomp super effectively.

Swords Dance
Verizon (Virizion) @ Life Orb
Ability: Trace
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge / Zen Headbutt

note: this set checks weather sweepers and can also serve as a wincon. Stone edge hits talon/moltres switchins while zen hits amoonguss.

All-Out-Attacker
Verizon (Virizion) @ Choice Band / Life Orb
Ability: Trace
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge
- Zen Headbutt

notes: this set is mainly used for checking weather users and such while stinging switchins. stone edge hits talonflame and moltres, while zen hits stuff like amoonguss that try to come in.

Magic Bounce
Xatu @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 44 SpD / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Night Shade / Air Slash / Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave / Hidden Power [Ground] / Defog
- U-turn / Haze
- Roost

notes: lefties are the item of choice for passive recovery. magic bounce is the ability to deflect taunt and hazards from your side. the evs maximize xatu's physical bulk to take on hazard setters like landorus-t, ferrothorn, and garchomp. the spd lets you eat up fire blasts from tank chomp. speed is to outspeed bish and such. night shade is a move that lets xatu deal consistent damage to the foe, but either of its stab moves work too. thunder wave cripples switchins and lets xatu safely u-turn on them. hp ground is an option to smack heatran and magnezone. you can also run defog but its good enough at keeping rocks off anyways that shouldnt be an issue. u-turn grabs momentum on switchins (and also lets it escape mag and cobalion), while haze stops pokemon like sd garchomp and lando from beating xatu. roost is in the final slot as a reliable recovery move to keep xatu healthy.

Wallbreaker
Yanmega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- U-Turn / Ancient Power

notes: choice specs to maximize wallbreaking power since yanmega only has okay special attack. Tinted lens is the ability to bypass resists and ease prediction. max spa and speed for obvious reasons. modest nature is preferred as a timid nature doesnt hit any particularly notable speed benchmarks. bug buzz and earth power are stabs, hp fire hits skarmory and xatu which are otherwise problematic. U-turn is used to grab momentum on predicted switches, but ancient power can be used instead to hit talonflame, zardx, and moltres.

Cleaner
Yanmega @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

notes: this set is meant to clean up late game after its checks have been weakened. life orb boosts yanmega's power without locking it into a move. speed boost is what gives this set its cleaning capabilities. bug buzz and earth power are stabs, while hidden power fire hits skarmory and xatu that try to wall it. protect is used in the last slot to allow yanmega to safely get to +1 speed before attempting to clean.

Choice Specs
Zoroark @ Choice Specs
Ability: Illusion
Timid / Modest Nature
- Night Daze
- Vacuum Wave
- Sludge Bomb
- U-turn / Focus Blast

notes: not a ton to say here. u-turn is usually better than focus blast but if occasionally if youre luring something like tyranitar or kyurem-b focus blast is better.

Last edited by a moderator:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Im gonna dump a bunch of teams I was working on, so stay tuned.

EDIT: Here are the teams. Shoutouts to Ransei for helping test them out.

This team was made in an attempt to prove that hazard stacking can still be a viable form of play. CM Mega Latios and Defiant Entei are the main cleaners of the team. Klefki and Jolteon provides the Spikes, with Klefki designed to beat common Mega Diancie builds with Magnet Rise. Garchomp provides SR and is a check to Bisharp and physical attackers in general, who threatens alot of the team. Tornados-T checks most special attackers and makes a great VoltTurn core with Jolteon. Entei is the team's Defog punisher and frankly, is the most dangerous thing on the team. Its set is a classic one, with Charcoal usable if one prefers switching moves or Band for power. CM Mega Latios serves as the wincon and spinblocker of the team. Mega Latios is really underprepared for and can easily tear teams apart once its checks have been weakened.

Big Daddy (Latios) @ Latiosite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Alicia Keys (Klefki) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play / Dazzling Gleam
- Magnet Rise

Marmaduke (Entei) @ Charcoal / Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze

Can't Touch This (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock

Normally Im Useless (Jolteon) @ Zap Plate
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Spikes
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Air Jordanz! (Tornadus-Therian) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off

This balance team was made to show the walling power of a excellent CressAmphy core. Of course for starters the first member on the team is Mega Amphy. WishTect + a slow Volt Switch allows it to heal teammates and bring them in safely. Dragon Pulse was added so Ground types dont think they switch in for free. Cressilia is the second member of the core, believe me, its better than intially thought. Cress literally walls almost everything that threatens Amphy, such as Ground, Dragon and Fairies. The team needed a stallbreaker, a Steel and a Fairy check and a Wincon all in one. Thats where Cobalion comes in. SD + Taunt Cobalion sets up all over stall teams and nails fairies that give several teamnates trouble. It also grabs and traps steels to ease pressure on the wallbreakers for the defensive core. So we also needed a great wallbreaker. Specs Volcanion was what I gravitated towards. Volca is just a really great wallbreaker, smashing most Pokemon in the game. Its a great check to CB Azumarill, which tears most other teammates to shreds. Xatu is really the glue to this team, spreading paralysis, checking balls loads of mons, preserving momentum and providing the ever lovely Magic Bounce. The major wincon and last member of the team is DDance Krook. Its Intimidate allows it ease in setting up and Pursuit allows it act as a trapper early game.

Fabio (Ampharos-Mega) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse

Moongeist (Cresselia) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Toxic
- Moonlight
- Psycho Shift

Hot Mess (Volcanion) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 80 HP / 176 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Steam Eruption
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave

Justice (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Taunt

Repeling Power (Xatu) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- U-turn

This Is DDance (Krookodile) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

This is a sand team I made featuring a sand core made by Akumeoy with Sandshrew + Mega Pidgeot. Firstly there is Sandshrew. One of the sweepers of the team, its Sandshrew's job to wear down checks that it shares with Excadrill, allowing it to sweep. Life Orb + Sand Rush allows it to hit as fast and as strong as possible. Thousand Arrows is probably the best move ever, and thanks to it basically freeing up a coverage slot, Sandslash also serves as the spinner to the team. Knock Off is the ever reliable coverage, and SD allows it to boost its average attack. Mega Pidge is our Mega and is a fine one for Sand, taking on bulky Grass types that gives the entire team problems with Hurricane. Not even Tran is a clean switchin anymore thanks to Focus Blast, and thanks to the switches it forces, U-Turn allows it to keep up momentum. Roost allows it to keep healthy to consistenly do this constantly throughout the match. For this to be Sand Offence, a sand setter must presebt itself. Hippowdon was chosen due to it not stacking ANOTHER fighting weakness. It runs a classic set providing hazards and allowing it to hit nasty Flying type Stallbreakers (and Cress) with Stone Edge for good damage. Excadrill is the teams main cleaner and its hard not to see why, this thing is astounding on Sand Teams. Due to less pressure on revenging and beating threats thanks to the presence of Shrew, Air Balloon was chosen as the item for easier set up. Its other moves are standard. Keldeo makes an excelent special walbreaker for a Sand Team. Its set is also standard, Hydro Pump, Secret Sword and Scald for STAB and Icy Wind for coverage. Cacturne is the last member of the team and checks most of sand's traditional counters. Giga Drain and Dark Pulse make for powerful STABs, have great neutral coverage and hit threats like Manaphy, Lati@s and Rotom Wash supereffwctively. Sucker Punch allows it to do damage outside of Sand. Hidden Power Ice rounds the set out to smash Landy.

Sandslash @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Keen Eye
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Roost
- U-turn

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Cacturne @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Attachments

Last edited:
Got a team of my own to post. Here's a CM Fairy/Ghost Cress + SD SpDef Gliscor balance team.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Shadow Ball

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
- X-Scissor

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 29 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
SD Gliscor + a Calm Mind user is a tried-and-true approach to balance, since Gliscor troubles stall, balance builds, and select breakers like Gengar, while offense has a pretty hard time getting through something as beefy as Cresselia. Cress runs 12 Speed to outrun Rotom-W with no speed invested. Terrakion serves as the team's physical breaker, and is a more offensive answer to the likes of Heatran, Kyurem-Black and Scarf Magnezone, while also providing STAB Rock/Fight coverage, which can make or break matchups depending on how many resists the opponent has. Sceptile is the team's mega and a rather crude, but effective role compression of speed control, anti-offense, and wallbreaking potential if the Seed Flare hax procs. This is the team's main recourse against bulky waters, which can stall out Cresselia and beat Gliscor and Terrak. Substitute is run over EQ/HP Fire due to the fact that Heatran and Magnezone don't trouble the squad, and Scizor is very hard pressed to stay alive after either a Seed Flare drop + Focus Blast, repeated wearing down by Terrakion, or the status effects this team has to offer. Rotom-W is the team's slow pivot, and runs 29 Speed EVs to ensure that it can switch in one of the frail heavy-hitters with less risk. Double Status is run as an emergency-button option against very fast wallbreakers like Pinsir, SubSD Magnet Pull Cobalion on the switch, some variants of KyuB, Entei, etc. Heatran rounds out the team with SR, even more stallbreaking, and a solid counter to a large variety of Steel-types bar Cobalion. The playstyle is easy to pick up on, as it's just a more threatening than usual balance team, but take care not to let Rotom-W get statused or work down too much and you're golden.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)