Tournament OUPL VI Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD

The least serious premiere league is back with another (and possibly the last) attempt at hoping to be taken seriously for once. If you would like to manage, please read the following details before signing up.

Details:
  • Every manager needs an assistant manager.
  • We are changing the format this year to emphasize tiers played in Smogon Tour, which include SS OU, SM OU, and ORAS OU.
  • Each team will need 8 starting players and at least 2 substitutes. Maximum number of players will be 14 (not including managers).
  • Managers and Assistant managers will not have the option to play.
  • The auction will be held on PS!, standard auction.
  • SPL inactivity rules.
SS OU
SS OU
SS OU
SM OU
SM OU
ORAS OU
ORAS OU
Best of 3 (SS OU/ SM OU/ORAS OU)

The manager signup thread closes Sunday, March 15th at 11:59 PM GMT-5, after which manager pairs will be selected. Player signups will be up on Monday, March 16th.

Manager responsibilities include:
  • Participating in the auction and drafting their team.
  • Sending in their roster on time.
  • Ensuring the constant activity of their team and making subs if a player goes inactive.
  • Taking this tournament seriously. This means doing more than just drafting your friends.
Keep these in mind before signing up. For signup posts, include the following:
  • Who you wish to manage with, and who will be the manager/assistant manager in the pair.
  • Any prior experience managing.
  • General activity over the next few months.
  • Prospective team name.
Do not post in this thread unless you're signing up to manage in OUPL.

me and Mannat.

team name: the bigs

i think our qualifications speak for themselves.

edit: since some qualifications might be needed after all... mannat and i have both managed in countless unofficial tours, most notably multiple OURPLs (with our teams meeting in finals for the most recent one; his won), POCL, POGP, countless discord tours... we've always been involved in a ton of the unofficials (both on and off smogon) as players/subs, and we've now been involved in officials with SPL and WCoP. we're also both longtime contributors to the OU community: mannat was most active on the forums during SM, and i was most active during ORAS (and i still do a ton of ORAS stuff), but both of us are also obviously involved during SS OU. for whatever it's worth, i was OU roomowner for a long time, and to this day mannat and i are still contributors to the OU room.

Last edited:
Me and Sjneider

Team Name: Saffron City Simpidimps

Fuck it qualifications Mannat
+Snaga: Thanks to cleann's innovative Rubix Cube Scouting, our OURPL team reached never before seen levels of prep. Highly recommend!
+Zesty43: cleann's managerial techniques took our team chemistry from worse than the 2012 Lakers to better than the Spurs. Highly recommend!
+Luthier: Big thanks to cleann for saving that litter of kittens from that fire!

Who you wish to manage with, and who will be the manager/assistant manager in the pair.: well, this is a hard pick to say the least, i find it very idfficult to pick th rough different people but, i have chosen Fl4shFr33z3 as my co defendent. we will manage this team to victory in the final hour, the glory of the hour will be ours, hour and glory, glory and hour.

Any prior experience managing.: managing is in my BLOOD. muy father is a manager of Tech and design, INDIA which means that his glory of the blood of the window washing crew will pass down into myself, its coursing through my veins and searing into me, me and FLASHFREEZE will win this... this GLORY BELONGS TO US. also, my mother is a manager of ppresidential office of unidet states inside coursing veins SUBARU beep beep

General activity over the next few months.: i know lot about love its push and shove give in give out push and shove pull in pull out i give my heart to you inside the womb of my mother she ppowers up me superstar it goes I REMEMBER kissing the foreahead of justein biber

Prospective team name.: Blunder SPL SUPERstar. this name... the power... it strikes fear into our foes, just like an adder... you see our name you see our glory. you see the way we look at her the way she looks at me. we all know that there is no way that we canlose. our name is our secret weapon. your kyrptonite. your weakness is putten into this name and you vinmetly disagree with the differences of our name then i shall command you to step up and face justice once again because there is no way this cannot be happening. tthinkign about ssuerman vs batman. THE DARK NIGHT SHALL RISE

would like to manage with ima

Sprout Tower Sprouts

I guess I will edit in some credentials as a lot of people have signed up:
For me, I won the very last edition of LTPL as a solo manager, have managed the past 3 OUPLs (made playoffs all 3 times and won the middle one), have managed in an SPL/Snake, and made finals/won WCOP as captain back to back years. (Also have some lesser exp in managing other team tours in ROAPL/POCL).
For ima, he has managing exp from LTPL and playing experience across a myriad of official team tournaments and a handful of other smaller PLs. He is looking to open the door into managing with smaller tours before stepping into officials like SPL/Snake.

Last edited:

xray

how u doin'?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Sage and I would like to take over the winning team from last year the Six Islands Sobbles (if possible).

We both have lots of experience in terms of team tours having played in at least around 15 official team tours together. I have also managed Team Germany in WCOP a few times (and we are clean af since then :mehowth:) and I have also led my OUPL team to finals as a manager 2 years ago. Sage has managed in LTPL and UUPL.
I could say more, but I hope I don't need to. We'd be happy to take over a team :)

Last edited:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Apologies for the delay, but here are the 8 teams that will be participating in OUPL VI:

Quarantined Quagsires - GMars and Leo
Castelia City [Redacted] - Eternal Spirit and Steve Angello
Six Islands Sobbles - xray and Sage
Grookey Gang - Vulpix03 and Kingler12345
Sprout Tower Sprouts - z0mOG and ima
Orre Colosseum Camerupts - BKC and TDK
Sootopolis City Sloots - Finchinator and dk
Fuchsia City Fujoshis - Hayburner and Jytcampbell

Thanks to everyone who applied, and sorry to any teams that weren’t selected to manage. Player signups will go up shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)