Tournament OUPL - Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
uh, i've been informed posting activity would be prudent; we were scheduled to play a bit over two hours ago, n tokyo tom really wants this win. like, super bad.

edit: also, i would very much like to have a nice dinner w/my mother, and i'd really rather not have 'mons interfering w/that D:

Last edited:

Tele

a quality human being
i was told this is midseason week so i dont see any problem with giving an extension so everybody can finish their games t.t
given that week 4 will only start next week

Extending all unplayed games for 3 days because its midseason, apologies for the confusion. Tagging the players so they know.

Jayde vs Void
Stockings vs reyscarface
49 vs Lyconik
McMeghan vs Isa
Tesung vs radianthero156
Nova vs Funkasaurus
However, I'm going to have to not allow Reverb to sub in Zepherox because it was after the deadline.
idiotfrommars vs The_Chaser
next week can we get make another rule with zero precadent that benefits us instead of.our opponents? thanks haha

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I obviously accept the activity win for IFM, but I just really don't understand why Lyconik is allowed to miss his scheduled time with 49 (no matter what the reason), Reverb is fully aware of Lyconik missing this time, since he is online for at least a few hours after 49 mentions the missed time, and never subs in anyone else until after the deadline is over. This post contains no veiled hostility or anything, so it should not be deleted for whatever reason, I am simply curious as to why my player does not deserve an activity win, especially when the OP says "no extensions". I can't speak for the other captains but I believe they are in similar positions regarding their activity issues. From what I know, the OP initially showed 49 getting the activity win (his name was bolded and the score was adjusted accordingly, and this was after both 49 and Reverb had posted about it) and then Reverb edited the win out of the OP.

Moreover, if we change the "no extensions" rule for this week alone simply because it is midseasons, what kind of precedent are we setting for future weeks? This would cause various inconsistencies. For example, if this were week 5 instead of week 3, and I were in Reverb's position now, would my player lose to activity and not be granted a deadline (as in, are there some weeks where the same instance would cause different outcomes)? We should either have a rule and stick with it, or not have the rule at all.

At the end of the day, sure, this is an unofficial team tournament. However, I feel that it is my job as manager to stand up for my team. Competitive Pokemon is about winning after all, and considering that my team hasn't won a single week yet, I'd be definitely glad to grab this win haha, not soley because I want to win but also because according to the rules I believe my team deserves the win.

Fortune vs dice can have the same extension as all the other unplayed games, even though the activity was in fortune's favor, might as well keep it consistent.
e: I just wanted to reply to this, if the activity is in a player's favour why not give activity to said player?

Last edited:

Reverb

World's nicest narcissist
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I obviously accept the activity win for IFM, but I just really don't understand why Lyconik is allowed to miss his scheduled time with 49 (no matter what the reason), Reverb is fully aware of Lyconik missing this time, and never subs in anyone else until after the deadline is over. This post contains no veiled hostility or anything, so it should not be deleted for whatever reason, I am simply curious as to why my player does not deserve an activity win, especially when the OP says "no extensions". I can't speak for the other captains but I believe they are in similar positions regarding their activity issues.

Moreover, if we change the "no extensions" rule for this week alone simply because it is midseasons, what kind of precedent are we setting for future weeks? This would cause various inconsistencies. For example, if this were week 5 instead of week 3, would Reverb's team lose the BW game due to activity? We should either have a rule and stick with it, or not have the rule at all.
There were multiple extensions given in past weeks, so there is clearly precedent. Moreover, I'm not the one making the decisions, although I realize I can't be completely objective, even if i try to be. So whatever the TDs decide after talking it over, we will do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)