bit by bit
Overused ft. BH Cup
Approved by Quite Quiet
We all know how Balanced Hackmons works, and we all know the mad potential some Pokémon have when we tweak their movesets. However, there are very few of the common "OU" Pokémon in that tier, which is completely reasonable when you have options such as Mega Rayquaza and both Primal Kyogre and Groudon to use, thus we don't see the potential some Pokémon like the Tapus and the like have as they're completely outclassed by some other Pokémon. What would happen if we were to play an "OU Balanced Hackmons" metagame by merging both banlists into one? This is what this tournament will try to find out!
- All normal tournament rules apply, and you should make yourself acquainted with them. As such, there's a link to the aforementioned thread up in this post;
- This tournament will use two banlists: that of the OverUsed tier and that of the Balanced Hackmons tier. Anything that is banned on one or another is forbidden to use in this tournament - if you use anything banned on either tier the match is automatically forfeited and it's up to your opponent to accept a rematch or not.
- Pokémon with a BST > 580 are forbidden from use from this tournament. This does applies to Mega-Pokemon as well: you may only use Mega-Evolution whose BST is lower or equal to 580.
- Any tier shift/ban that may happen during a round will only take place in following one;
- All matches MUST be played in the Balanced Hackmons format;
- Matches should happen either on Pokemon Showdown or Smogtours.
Format: Balanced Hackmons (580 BST cap) - Singles Mode - Best of One (BO1).
OU Clauses: Species Clause, Sleep Clause, Evasion Clause, OHKO Clause, Self-KO Clause, Battle Timeout, and Endless Battle Clause. Additionally, any Pokémon deemed unreleased or Uber is banned and you can have a list here.
BH Clauses: Ability Clause, CFZ Clause, ComaTalk Clause. Additionally, any Pokémon, Ability or Move banned by the BH Council is forbidden from use; you can check them (alongside with more detailed explanations of the clauses) here.
Additional Banlist: Kartana, Xurkitree, Chansey, and Blissey.
Activity: I expect all matches to be done within a week or less, thus activity wins will only be granted when the lack of activity is blatant or similar cases. All matches that do not fit these criteria shall be decided by coin flipping.
Miscellaneous: You're limited to 1 Mega Evolution per team (as per OU Rules), and keep in mind that you cannot start the match already in the Mega Evolution state, thus you cannot change the ability of a Mega Pokémon (this also applies to Pokemon forms that are activated mid-battle, mainly Ash-Greninja). However, you're not restricted to the 510 EV limit, being able to use the unrestricted EVs format that BH follows.
HeadsILoseTailsYouWin vs. SinisterSalamence
ElMustacho vs. (WINNER of Funbot28 vs. MiyoKa)
Extension deadline is tomorrow at 23:59 EDT, and extension for the round is Sunday the 30th at 23:59 EDT.