Own Fakemon in the server

I have created a server, and I have erased everything what refers to the CAP of Smogon, adding own Fakemon, but no change takes place.

Is that not possible?

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
i'm guessing you changed the local server code? in that case, your new "Fakemon" are present but there's no way to select them in the client, because the client is universal and set up to use Smogon's Pokemon list.

local server code? I do not know if I have changed it.
In what file of the folder Pokemon-Showdown-master can I find it?

There is no script in order that the CAP of Smogon is ignored and allows to put fakemon own?

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The local server code is that which you have downloaded in order to have your own server. All files related to Pokemon-Showdown-master are your local server. In order to have your own "fakemons", you need to edit the Client and have a Client of your own, which is not easy at all. You can just get rid of CAPmons by deleting them or simply disallowing them in the tiers they appear on changing the server.

Additionally, by adding fakemons to the servers you can use them writing the name in the Export/Import on teambuilder, they will appear spriteless but they will be usable, only it'll be very ugly in Client.

The local server code is that which you have downloaded in order to have your own server. All files related to Pokemon-Showdown-master are your local server. In order to have your own "fakemons", you need to edit the Client and have a Client of your own, which is not easy at all. You can just get rid of CAPmons by deleting them or simply disallowing them in the tiers they appear on changing the server.

Additionally, by adding fakemons to the servers you can use them writing the name in the Export/Import on teambuilder, they will appear spriteless but they will be usable, only it'll be very ugly in Client.
This does not work. This does not recognize any added fakemon, seems that everything depends on the official server of the PS.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
This does not work. This does not recognize any added fakemon, seems that everything depends on the official server of the PS.
Uh, What files are you editing and what is the method you are using to use the pokemon in battle.

To add your own pokemon you have to edit 3 files: pokedex.js and learnsets.js, and formats-data.js

the edit you have to do to pokedex.js is quite the simple one if you can catch onto patterns, I'll use a *SIMPLIFIED* example from my server's mod: pop culture mons (simplified as in no new types or "formes" that are in my regular mod):
Code:
POKEDEX.JS: goku:{num:801,species:"Goku",types:["Fighting","Dragon"],gender:"N",baseStats:{hp:73,atk:145,def:65,spa:145,spd:65,spe:135},abilities:{0:"Moxie",DW:"Iron Fist"},heightm:1.5,weightkg:82.5,color:"Purple",eggGroups:["No Eggs"]};
( the ; depends if it the last pokemon in the file o coding or not, if it's the last then no ; if it's not the you put a ; at the end)
just edit the stats names and typings and other things to your conveinece

Code:
LEARNSETS.JS: goku:{learnset:{machpunch:["5L1"],drainpunch:["5L1"],aurasphere:["5L1"],focusblast:["5L1"],closecombat:["5L1"],thunderpunch:["5L1"],icepunch:["5L1"],firepunch:["5L1"],bulkup:["5L1"],megapunch:["5L1"],megakick:["5L1"],suckerpunch:["5L1"],focuspunch:["5L1"],swordsdance:["5L1"]}};
again the ; matters if it is the last learnset or if it is not.
once again edit to your convenience

FORMATS-DATA.JS:
goku: {
inherit: true,
tier: 'PopCulture'
},

Honestly that should be it (note: you will find these 3 files in the data folder) I reccomend using git or source tree or even notepad++ to edit them ^_^ (I personally use source tree )

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
o.o if you want you could take an interest in my server and project since we're looking into this sort of thing and have been for months.
bam.psim.us

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)