Pet Mod Paleomons - [MOD IS OVER, THANKS FOR COMING]

:tyranitar: guttrainer, Albatross, Beaf Cultist (SV)
:garchomp: Albatross, Beaf Cultist (SV), Moretto
:dragapult: Albatross, Beaf Cultist (SV), lavarina

me when i unintentionally voted for all of alba’s subs above all of my own lol

also subs are now closed so we can count

woo

The Neymar of Pet Mods
is a Pre-Contributor
Powercreep? Never met him.
View attachment 415627
Reworked Fakemon: Dragapult-Luminous
Typing: Electric / Poison
Abilities: Clear Body / Illuminate / Dazzling
Stats: 109/90/75/100/105/121 (600 BST)

New Moves (if any): Wild Charge, Luminous Darts, Volt Switch, Gunk Shot, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Toxic, Dazzling Gleam
Removed Moves (if any): Draco Meteor, Dragon Darts, Hydro Pump, Scald, Surf, Fire Blast
Name: Luminous Darts
Base Power: 45
Accuracy: 100%
PP: 10
Category: Physical
Type: Electric
Effect: Hits twice. Bypasses Substitute & foe's Reflect/Aurora Veil/Etc
Priority: 0
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Protect, Authentic (this is the flag that allows it to bypass Substitute; the Sound tag is only used for Soundproof)

Role: Defensive Pivot, Mixed Wallbreaker, Special Wall
Flavour: A seldom-seen Pokemon, Dragapult-Luminous' primary habitat is deep underwater cave systems. Dragapult-Luminous' body is completely white due to the lack of natural light in its habitat. It possesses natural bioluminescence, which it uses to attract mates. When using this bioluminescence - or venturing out into the light - a curious thing happens: Dragapult-Luminous' body begins to turn a dark teal colour. Its theorised that this colour change was used to show of the Pokemon's vitality, as stronger individuals seemed to develop deeper colours than weaker ones
Dragapult-Luminous actually survived far longer than other ancient Pokemon despite being incredibly sensitive to changes in their environment, though they did eventually go extinct thanks to the extinction of their primary foodsource, Kabuto
Description: A fast, bulky special attacker with a lot of natural wallbreaking power due to its 100 base SpAtt and ability to decimate some of the tier's top threats such as Archeops-A, Aurorus-R, Robusteel, and Ghoulpion with its STAB. It also keeps Flamethrower to severely dent Bastiodon-O and a few neat support options with Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave. It's no slouch defensively either, with a useful set of resistances like Flying, Fairy and Electric. Its 4x weakness to Ground really hinders it however due to the amount of Ground coverage in the tier, and its relatively low Def means its often being KOed by a stray Earthquake unless you're running Air Balloon ig

:drakloak:
Reworked Fakemon: Drakloak-Luminous
Typing: Poison
Stats: 89/60/65/70/85/71 (410 BST)

New Moves (if any): Volt Switch, Gunk Shot, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Toxic
Removed Moves (if any): Draco Meteor, Dragon Darts, Hydro Pump, Scald, Surf, Fire Blast

Role: NFE mon
Flavour: Drakloak-Luminous live in colonies consisting of multiple Dreepy-Luminous. Upon evolution they leave their colony. Their saliva contains a highly dangerous neurotoxin that can paralyse prey in seconds. Draloak-Luminous's venom is highly valued in the field neuroscience, both due to its potency and incredible rarity
Description: NFE mon

:dreepy:
Reworked Fakemon: Dreepy-Luminous
Typing: Poison
Stats: 89/60/65/70/85/71 (410 BST)

New Moves (if any): Sludge Bomb

Role: LC mon
Flavour: A funky little critter
Description: LC mon
Albatross for the pult bro :dragapult:

Tyranitar-Nature
Type
:

BST: 110 / 100 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 90
Abilities: Natural Cure / Nature Prowess
Added: Giga Drain, Seed Bomb, Wood Hammer, Energy Ball, Aromateraphy
Removed: Fire Blast, Thunder, Superpower, Focus Blast, Stone Edge, Rock Polish, Stealth Rock

Adds secondary type equal of Natural Gift of this Pokémon. Natural Gift doesn't consumes berry.
guttrainer for the big non-dragon kaiju :tyranitar:

Garchomp-Persistent :garchomp:
Ground/Ghost
Persistence(When this Pokémon selects a non-Status move and doesn't deal damage, its attack increases by one.), Dragon's Maw
95/113/89/115/115/73
+Dive, Poltergeist, Phantom Force, Inferno, Fly, Astonish, Shadow Ball, Counter, Skull Bash
-Fire Blast, Swords Dance, Draco Meteor
While the volcanoes are too violent and there aren't many birds for them to prey on, Garchomp hasn't been able to find the best habitat for itself. However, it refuses to be stopped, coming back as ghost type and persisting onward to find its place.
Gabite-Persistent :gabite:
65/83/59/75/75/53
Ground/Ghost
Persistence(When this Pokémon selects a non-Status move and doesn't deal damage, its attack increases by one.), Dragon's Maw
+Dive, Phantom Force, Astonish, Shadow Ball, Counter, Skull Bash
-Fire Blast, Draco Meteor

Gible-Persistent :gible:
55/53/49/55/55/33
Ground/Ghost
+Dive, Astonish, Shadow Ball, Skull Bash
-Fire Blast, Draco Meteor
Vipotis for da shark:garchomp:

As always, One Day for the Discussion Phase. Look forward for a big announcement soon!

i am personally more than happy with the winners. shouldnt creep the meta all that hard and those are generally very fun mons. congrats!!!

Bloopyghost

guging
is a Pre-Contributor
:dragapult: Real neat typing here, an actual good Electric-type is big value in a meta crammed with Water- and Flying-types sorry Blossobite my son. Being able to outpace and threaten the menace that is Aurorus with Gunk/Sludge Bomb is great as well. I do wish that Luminous Darts had 5 more BP to make it stronger than Wild Charge and didn't bypass Sub since breaking Sub is the main advantage of multi-hit moves, but this is still a cool mon. Looks really damn threatening in Tar tho.

:tyranitar:EDIT: Ok so, I misinterpreted this ability completely. I thought that you had to run Natural Gift to proc Nature Prowess and that the berry still gets consumed upon using Natural Gift. That is not the case, and I apologize for that. Now I’m not entirely sure how to feel about it, but I’ll keep this section for posterity’s sake.

Not sure why this is Tyranitar and not a Fakemon, but I digress. It's a gimmicky mon, and tbh I don't think it's worth expending both an item slot and a move slot to gain a secondary type, esp since a chunk of its coverage was cut so you can't effectively run stuff like Fighting- or Rock-type with it. This really hates Knock Off too. Steel is like the only viable one, but just run Bastiodon at that point. Without the sig, seems like an ok Band/Specs breaker or DD sweeper, though mono Grass is bad in general.

:garchomp: Phantom Force. Ye. Man I wish I could run Power Herb Phantom Force on this to get +1 Atk and hit on the same turn but the ability doesn't work like that. I'm not sure if you'd run multiple charge moves with Persistence since immediacy is valuable. I would probably run Lefties with Phantom Force/EQ/Aqua Tail/4th slot being a toss up between Sub, Rocks, PJab, Fire Fang and maybe Scale Shot. Alternatively, Band/Scarf Dragon's Maw seems cool? Bummer that this thing is so slow tho, getting outsped by Armaldo feels bad man. Anyway, Persistence Blunder Policy Inferno got me quakin.

Last edited:
Not sure why this is Tyranitar and not a Fakemon, but I digress. It's a gimmicky mon, and tbh I don't think it's worth expending both an item slot and a move slot to gain a secondary type, esp since a chunk of its coverage was cut so you can't effectively run stuff like Fighting- or Rock-type with it. This really hates Knock Off too. Steel is like the only viable one, but just run Bastiodon at that point. Without the sig, seems like an ok Band/Specs breaker or DD sweeper, though mono Grass is bad in general.
You don't need exactly expend move slot since ttar already has a good coverage, the ideia of Natural Gift doens't consume berry is only for the types that ttar can't have a solid move already. You only need the Berry to made it change type.
Agree about the best defensives type can be Rock, Steel and Fighting, but if you want a DD dude i think you must want to run Natural Gift to get another stab, probably best offensive types will be Ground and Ice. Ttar have eq so if you get knocked off you only loss the stab but you can still click eq. Is a versatile mon, this is the good point of it can be reliable. You can also run some defensive sets with Natural Cure + Rest or Assault Vest if you don't want to be knocked off.

:dragapult: I love that mon, imo ins't a power creep at all and can be a really solid pivot on the metagame just like ttar is other versatile mon thar can take some different roles, like setup sweeper, special wallbreaker, offensive/defensive... The point is a pokemon that can take on several different roles without excelling in everything it does is too healthy. The mon is really fine and can be good without being broken.

:garchomp: Same as dragapult it seems versatile but, seems strong but super fun mon with blunder policy. This Garchomp i see as mon to counter the meta and not a meta mon, since he has too much ways to be countered if it is on top of the meta everyone can simply use dodrumb or some core that is immune to its moves, since you can only switch. This isn't a problem, i really like to see mon that is good depending of the meta. But i also think that Dragon's Maw ins't a bad option some moves can really hurt cause of this.

Last edited:
I did not say that Rock and Fighting are good defensive types. In fact, Grass/Rock and Grass/Fighting are terrible defensively. They are however, incredible offensive types, so that fact that I cannot run either effectively since Stone Edge and Superpower were removed is quite sad.
Grass/Rock is a good defensive type, Rock can cover the weaks of grass but is really better as offensive, at some point i can see fighting as defensive since you can take less damage from uturn.

I will not run Natural Gift on a DD set. I would run Life Orb + 3 Attacks for greater power and coverage.
imo a secondary STAB is better than LO boost and recoil, Natural Gift can give you a 100 pow and accuracy for any type.

I do not think AV is good on this mon. It does not have sand boosting its SpD or have Regen, leaving it incredibly prone to being worn down even with NatCure. And why on earth do I want my AV to get Knocked?
I say knocked off beacause knock off you can nulify a move of the mon if running Natur. But yep isn't the better thing but is a option, i think the mon have a counterplay is good to be healthy since it has a high BST for the meta actually and can be really problematic if it was good as a whole.

I liked to see the other "side of the coin" and that not everything is "flowers", but, sorry if I expressed myself badly.

Bloopyghost

guging
is a Pre-Contributor
Ok so, I wrote a post where I made some counterarguments on Ttar (the one that Gut is replying to above), but a good chunk of my arguments were misinformed so I deleted the post, and I’ll be reassessing my thoughts here.

So the way Nature Prowess works is, whatever berry Ttar is holding adds a secondary typing to it, and that typing uses the same mechanics as Natural Gift. You do not need to have Natural Gift for the ability to grant the secondary typing. So if Ttar is holding a Watmel Berry for example, it becomes Grass/Fire type, that’s that.

So regardless of whatever secondary typing works best then, Nature Prowess absolutely needs some kind of announcement message that states what type Ttar is. Being able to conceal your type, even if you’re always part Grass, results in unfair mindgames, especially with access to an always usable Natural Gift, which is 100 BP at the strongest. Otherwise, this looks incredibly unfun to fight and I’m not a fan of it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: woo

Albatross

Loosely Resembling Some Variety Of Bird
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributor
So regardless of whatever secondary typing works best, then Nature Prowess absolutely needs some kind of announcement message that states what type Ttar is
1. All Pokemon who undergo a type change have their new type displayed under their name (see: Protean and Colour Change). The same applies here
2. All Pokemon in Paleomons have their types displayed under their names anyways, so you'll always be able to see what type Tyranitar is (see: screenshot below)
1649423341908.png

1649423795159.png

I don't have anything to say regarding the winners (thanks for voting in my pult x), just wanted to clarify this one point

Clas

om majors 2nd place, in 0 om opens r3 (god gamer)
is a Tiering Contributor
So regardless of whatever secondary typing works best then, Nature Prowess absolutely needs some kind of announcement message that states what type Ttar is. Being able to conceal your type, even if you’re always part Grass, results in unfair mindgames, especially with access to an always usable Natural Gift, which is 100 BP at the strongest. Otherwise, this looks incredibly unfun to fight and I’m not a fan of it.
Type changes are automatically displayed in Camomons (Bonus Type here? ig) form, i.e. below the HP.

Edit: Didn't see Alba's post as I wrote this as she posted that, but she made a better explanation

woo

The Neymar of Pet Mods
is a Pre-Contributor
Coronacollina_acula_Illustration_by_Pennetta.png

"Dr. Palio Monz has documented three new fossils that he says are the most peculiar things ever that he ever found on his expeditions. He specifically told all of our scientists to look after something blue and flat, a feather-like creature and a... clay thing with sticks on it. Palio also said that they could be related with the Mega Stone-like objects we found on the ground earlier. Perhaps that's key for something important?"
Welcome ladies and gentlemen, to the most important and amazing slate of this mod's entirely, featuring the incredible creatures that are:

220px-Charnia_masoni_-_MUSE-1.jpg

Charnia

Dickinsonia_costata_A.jpg

Dickinsonia

And Coronacollina!

Now, this slate isn't just a late april fools slate. You know that our beloved Feather, Flat Thing and Clay Thing With Sticks On It are recurrent "jokes" in our discord server, but this slate will also be very interesting, since it marks the addition of Megas to our Pet Mod! You can make them or not, just as you have the same liberty with making LCs for them. Go wild.

Pokémon: ???
Typing: ???
Abilities: ???
Stats: ???
Relevant Moves:???
Role: ???
Flavor(if you want to): ???

Pokémon-Mega: ???
Typing: ???
Abilities: ???
Stats: ???
Role: ???
Flavor (If you want to): ???

As always, around One Week for subbing. Hope we have good subs as always, cheers!​

Albatross

Loosely Resembling Some Variety Of Bird
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributor
I would first like to congratulate The Council on another excellent slate idea. I'm sure this slate will be incredibly fruitful and bring many amazing Pokemon into our perfectly balanced, very enjoyable meta. As of right now I shall only be posting my first submission, as my internet is so dogshit it took 10-15 minutes just to load this page so I fear what trying to upload more than one of these glorious beasts shall do to my device, but stay on the lookout for more well crafted, 100% serious submissions !

Name: Charnismash
Type: Fighting / Flying
Ability: Aggressive / Competitive
Dark-type moves used by this mon are now Fighting-type

Stats: 80/100/60/90/100/90 (520 BST)

Moves:
Physical: Superpower, Mach Punch, Drain Punch, Power-Up Punch, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Brave Bird, Mega Punch, Fire Punch, Power Whip, Play Rough, Gunk Shot, U-turn
Special: Focus Blast, Vacuum Wave, Dark Pulse, Hurricane, Air Slash, Icy Wind, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Earth Power
Status: Defog, Encore, Memento, Parting Shot, Feather Dance

Role: Pursuit Trapper, Wallbreaker
Flavour: It's a feather thing with the added ability to hit one's crotch. I'm not changing this. This flavour stays.
Description: Rip to Punch (in the) Dick. Anyways, Aggressive Charnismash is a comical counter for the Steel-types that have been plaguing the meta. Being able to severely dent Bastiodon-O with Knock Off while also removing its item is very cool. Charnismash also has access to great coverage options, with Play Rough and... ok just Play Rough and that's arguably not even great, but you can't have everything ig. Also Competitive on special sets is pretty nifty, since Charnismash can mess with the majority of Defoggers in the meta with Thunder or Knock Off

Name: Mega Charnismash
Type: Fighting
Ability: Furious
Dark-type moves used by this mon are now Fighting-type and deal 1.3x damage

Stats: 80/130/70/80/110/120 (620 BST)

Role: Menace
Flavour: The Feather is hellbent on pulverising opponent's crotches. In a desperate bid for maximum efficiency in Punching Things Harder (in the) Dick, it has forsaken the skies and secondary STAB and also the ability to hit Ghost types bc thats very funny
Description: Mega Charnismash loses its coveted Flying-type in exchange for a meaty buff to its offences and an added buff to its once-Dark STAB from Furious. Idk I don't have anything else to say. It's just a funny mon

Name: Listoxina
Typing: Water / Poison
Abilities: Sticky Hold / Levitate
Stats: 125/60/75/80/90/85 (495 BST)

Notable Moves
  • Physical: Liquidation, Flip Turn, Poison Jab, Gunk Shot, Rapid Spin
  • Special: Surf, Hydro Pump, Scald, Sludge Bomb, Venoshock, Ice Beam, Hidden Power
  • Status: Wish, Recover, Toxic Spikes, Toxic, Calm Mind, Light Screen, Reflect
Tackle, Return, Frustration, Water Gun, Whirlpool, Poison Tail, Leech Life, Giga Drain, Mega Drain, Aqua Ring, Water Pulse, Poison Sting, Acid Spray, Acid, Gastro Acid, Venom Drench, Rest, Sleep Tail, Rain Dance, Hail

Role: Mixed Wall, Hazard Control (Rapid Spin), Cleric, Defensive Pivot,
Flavour: WIP
Description: A strong mixed wall and pivot with additional utility from Wish, Toxic Spikes, Rapid Spin and Scald. Rapid Spin is particularly notable here, as Levitate + Rapid Spin with its good mixed bulk and reliable recovery allows it to switch in easily against hazard setters and spin them away. Scald hits the majority of hazard setters super effectively, allowing it to assert offensive pressure despite its mediocre offences, and the burn chance helps scare away the primarily physical hazard setters in the meta. Listoxina’s main faults are its passivity and Electric weakness, the first allowing it to be set up fodder and the latter allowing it to be muscled past by mons like Velovolt and Dragapult-L or severely chipped by Volt Switch

Name: Collophora
Typing: Rock / Steel
Abilities: Battle Armour / Sticky Hold / Filter
Stats: 50/60/80/110/150/30 (480 BST)

Notable Moves
  • Physical: Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Iron Head, Knock Off, U-turn, Lunge
  • Special: Meteor Beam, Power Gem, Steel Beam, Flash Cannon, Focus Blast, Scald, Earth Power, Bug Buzz
  • Status: Iron Defence, Stealth Rocks, Spikes, Leech Seed, Light Screen, Reflect, Substitute
Pound, Return, Frustration, String Shot, Bulldoze, Mud Slap, Mud Bomb, Struggle Bug, Metal Claw, Metal Sound, Infestation, Bug Bite, Secret Power, Rock Tomb, Rock Blast, Protect, Rain Dance, Sunny Day, Sandstorm, Rest, Sleep Talk

Role: Special Tank, Special Wallbreaker, Hazard Stacker (Stealth Rock & Spikes), Defensive Pivot
Flavour: “Collophora” are actually two distinct species; an unidentified bug-like Pokemon, and an incredibly tough, sentient sponge resembling a clay pot with spider legs. They formed a symbiotic relationship, where the sponge would protect the bug from harm, and in return the bug would clean the sponge by eating the various microbes on its body
Description: Yooooo special Aggron. Collophora sports a very... unique defensive typing, allowing it to easily check the Flying-types in the tier (provided Archeops isn’t running Earth Power) and soak up hits from the other Ice- and Fairy-types. Its 50/150 special bulk is almost absurd for the current meta, but is kept in balance by two factors: Collophora’s crippling 4x weaknesses to Fighting and Ground (along with a weakness to Water), and it’s lack of reliable recovery. Filter and access to Leech Seed help alleviate these issues somewhat, but Collophora is still cleanly 2HKOed by a plethora of special Ground and Fighting coverage
Collophora also has a very respectable 110 Spa, a good STAB combo, and excellent coverage, allowing it to assert offensive and defensive pressure. It can capitalise on switches with Stealth Rock or Spikes, while also being able to spam Knock Off for item removal and Scald to cripple physical attackers that would otherwise destroy it. Finally, to top off its neat set of utility options, Collophora has access to a very slow U-turn, letting it tank a hit and then bring in a teammate safely

Last edited:
Charniamon: Psyrnia (Genderless)
Type: Psychic
BST: 110 / 70 / 105 / 110 / 105 / 30
Abilities: Intrepid Sword / Teleki Master

Moves (Bolded Relevant):
Physical: Acrobatics, Aerial Ace, Cut, Frustration, Fury Cutter, Leaf Blade, Night Slash, Psycho Cut, Return, Smart Strike, Solar Blade, X-Scissor
Special
: Air Slash, Confusion Beam, Focus Blast, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Heat Wave, Hidden Power, Hurricane, Icy Wind, Psychic, Psyshock, Snore
Status: Feather Dance, Follow Me, Heal Bell, Heal Pulse, Healing Wish, Metronome, Protect, Recover, Rest, Sleep Talk, Swagger, Swords Dance, Telekinesis, Teleport, Tickle, Toxic, Trick Room, Wish

Roles:
Mixed Wallbreaker, Physical Sweeper, Trick Room user

On switch-in, applies Telekinesis to random a adjacent foe.
Dynamic Punch clone but Psychic-type and Special (not punch and not contact)
Type: Psychic
BST: 110 / 80 / 115 / 120 / 115 / 90
Ability: Wonder Skin

Dickisoniamon: Insomniadck
Type: Dark / Fighting
BST: 90 / 105 / 90 / 105 / 90 / 40
Abilities: Insomnia / Intimidate / Megalauncher

Moves (Bolded Relevant):
Physical: Beat Up, Brick Break, Counter, Foul Play, Frustration, Pursuit, Rapid Spin, Return, Reversal, Storm Throw, Throat Chop
Special
: Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Hidden Power, Snore, Terrain Pulse, Water Pulse
Status
: Coil, Follow Me, Glare, Heal Pulse, Mean Look, Metronome, Protect, Recover, Rest, Scary Face, Sleep Talk, Swagger, Topsy Turvy, Trick Room, Toxic

Type: Dark / Fighting
BST: 90 / 115 / 100 / 135 / 110 / 70
Ability: Megalauncher

Coronacollinamon: Orballina
Type
: Psychic / Fighting
BST: 100 / 95 / 100 / 95 / 100 / 25
Abilities: Inner Focus / Orb Swap / Suction Cups

Moves (Bolded Relevant):
Physical: Body Slam, Brick Break, Bullet Punch, Counter, Double-Edge, Drain Punch, Facade, Feint, Fire Punch, Focus Punch, Frustration, Giga Impact, Ice Punch, Mach Punch, Mega Punch, Poison Jab, Power-up Punch, Psycho Cut, Return, Reversal, Rock Smash, Thunder Punch, Zen Headbutt
Special
: Aura Sphere, Confusion, Electro Ball, Energy Ball, Focus Blast, Hidden Power, Hyper Beam, Mist Ball, Psychic, Psyshock, Round, Shadow Ball, Snore, Swift, Tri Attack, Vacuum Wave, Weather Ball, Zap Cannon
Status: Attract, Bulk Up, Calm Mind, Confide, Follow Me, Helping Hand, Light Screen, Magic Coat, Meditate, Metronome, Mind Reader, Protect, Psych Up, Recover, Reflect, Rest, Sleep Talk, Substitute, Swagger, Teleport, Toxic, Trick, Work Up

On switch-in this Pokémon ability is changed to one among these: Aerilate, Galvanize, Pixilate, Refrigerate (must be revealed).

Last edited:
I’m making these based on what I think the fossils look like instead of what they actually were and it’s a liberating feeling
EFD3BF4E-195F-403A-A17A-1B3BDA476A7B.png

Pokémon: Necromanug (Charnia)
Typing: Ghost/Dragon
Abilities: Rough Skin, Infiltrator (HA)
Stats: 70 HP / 120 Atk / 120 Def / 60 SpA / 75 SpD / 75 Spe (520 BST)
Relevant Moves: Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak, Dragon Claw, Body Press, Brick Break Earthquake, Knock Off, U-Turn, Bulk Up
Other Moves: Protect, Rest, Round, Sleep Talk, Snore, Substitute, Endure, Shadow Ball, Hex, Astonish, Curse, Confuse Ray, Phantom Force, Night Shade, Ominous Wind, Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Tail, Dragon Breath, Scale Shot, Bulldoze, Twister, Dragon Rage, Dragon Rush, Fire Fang, Flame Charge, Low Sweep, Toxic, Spiky Shield, Rock Slide, Stone Edge
Role: Physical Wallbreaker, Offensive Pivot, Setup Sweeper, Physical Wall
Flavoring: Imagine a big spectral red chicken/rooster with scales and maybe fangs, kinda like dracozolt but with a decent anatomy and feathers. Now add breading at the top of the wings. Then add breaded spikes along its back like a stegosaurus shaped nugget.

Anyway here’s a last minute alcoholic
71835932-F759-4ABC-B004-C5C0750938D0.jpeg

Pokémon: Golumpkin (Coronacollina)
Typing: Ground/Poison
Abilities: Tangled Feet, Klutz, Hustle (HA)
Stats: 75 HP / 100 Atk / 110 Def / 60 SpA / 70 SpD / 75 Spe (490 BST)
Relevant Moves: Earthquake, Gunk Shot, Stone Edge, Brick Break, Knock Off, Rapid Spin, Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes, Taunt
Other Moves: Facade, Protect, Rest, Round, Sleep Talk, Snore, Substitute, Earth Power, Bulldoze, Double Team, Hidden Power, Rock Tomb, Sandstorm, Swagger, Rock Slide, Mud-Slap, Dig, Rock Smash, Strength, Headbutt, Body Slam, Stomping Tantrum, Double-Edge, Sand Tomb, Mud Shot, Scorching Sands, Fissure, Superpower, Take Down, Tackle, Sand-Attack, Fling, Uproar, Ancient Power, Roar, High Horsepower, Counter, Rock Climb, Sludge Bomb, Iron Head, Venoshock, Endure, Toxic, Attract, Swagger, Confide, Poison Jab, Headbutt, Venom Drench, Payback, Sludge Wave, Double-Edge, Bide, Giga Impact, Hyper Beam, Rage, Screech, Body Slam, Cut, Torment
Role: Physical Wallbreaker, Physical Wall, Hazard Setter, Hazard Control
Flavoring: An animated clay golem with a bottle with poison in one hand and a bindle (stack on a stick) with the other. Upon the species becoming sentient, they spent their entire lives trying to limit the function of their brains, until they created a poison brew. They tend to wander around with their belongings, drinking all the while.

Last edited:

woo

The Neymar of Pet Mods
is a Pre-Contributor
Fakemon Name: Spinollina
Creature its based on: Coronacollina
Typing:
/

Stats:
106 / 90 / 95 / 69 / 92 / 10
Abilities: Rotation* (Download but for defenses, exists in m4a and im shamelessly copying it) / Water Absorb / Rough Skin
Moves: Super Drill* (40 BP, Physical, Ground, 16 PP, Removes hazards from the user's side. If this move doesn't do any damage, sets one layer of spikes.), Moonlight, High Jump Kick, Earthquake, Earth Power, Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, Spark, Rapid Spin, Triple Axel, Rock Throw, Stone Edge, Triple Kick, Poltergeist, Stick Kick (Grass type clone of High Jump Kick), Spikes, Stealth Rock, Bulldoze, Mud Shot, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Hidden Power, Power Gem, Rock Slide, Facade, Protect, Detect, Captivate, Attract, Baby-Doll Eyes, Knock Off, Thief, Ember, Thunderous Kick, Toxic Thread, Rolling Kick
Flavour: Clay Thing with sticks but it got a drill below it. "Spinollina is a very interesting individual, i'd say. It got the drip bro, it got the kicking power. You wanna see the power of it when it reacts to the rock? I gotcha."

Fakemon Name: Spinollina-Mega
Typing:
/

Stats:
106 / 110 (+20) / 95 / 69 / 92 / 90 (+80)
Ability:
Thunder Thighs (When this Pokémon misses a move that has kick in its name, it raises its speed by 2. Moves that have kick on their name get a 1.2 power boost.)
Flavour:
"Upon being exposed to the power of Mega Evolution, Spinollina grows legs on the skeletal parts it has, and it is able to run faster than a lot of other Pokémon." "It's said that it will recklessly try to win races against other Pokémon, without any self control, ending up bashing against walls in most of those races."
RESPECT THE CLAY THING WITH LEGS

Volcollina
Typing
: Water/Fire
Stats: 100/85/85/105/85/40
Abilities: Suction Cups/Water Absorb

Notable Moves: Flip Turn, Hydro Pump, Liquidation, Muddy Water, Scald, Surf, Eruption, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Fire Lash, Flare Blitz, Heat Wave, Lava Plume, Overheat, Scorched Pebbles, Earthquake, Earth Power, Rock Slide, Spikes
Universal TMs Aqua Jet, Aqua Ring, Brine, Bubble, Bubble Beam, Soak, Water Sport, Whirlpool, Ember, Fire Spin, Incinerate, Inferno, Ancient Power, Bulldoze, Dig, Magnitude, Mud Bomb, Mud Shot, Mud Sport, Mud Slap, Rock Throw, Rock Tomb, Sand Attack, Sand Tomb, Wide Guard
Role: Bulky Special Attacker, Hazard Setter

Flavor: Volcollinas are pokemons that spent most of their time immovable, filtering the water to find food. To protect themselves, Volcolinnas throw hot water and lava from their insides, making a heat so unberable that the predators avoid them to don't get burn.

Mega Volcollina
Typing
: Water/Ghost
Stats: 100/130/90/115/100/65
Ability: Dead Flames (User's Fire Moves now have the Ghost Typing)
Mega Stone: Volcollinite

Notable Moves: Same as base.
Role: Bulky Mixed Attacker, Hazard Setter

Flavor: The energy conceded by the Mega Evolution is so powerful that it makes Volcollina's lava freeze seconds before it erupts. However, even after solidifying the lava is still burning, because now it's an ethereal fire, that instead of burning the body, burns the spirit of whoever makes contact with it.

Name: Arachnocollia
Creature its based on:Coronacollia
Type:
AFB27CE5-1758-4987-B8FF-66D2F76B9588.png
7F76EB75-B527-400E-99C1-0F69FEAF0D37.png

Ability: Long Reach/Compound Eyes
BST: 71/88/95/64/78/105
Notable Moves: Drill Run, Leech Life, Sticky Web, Spider Web, Bug Bite, Lunge, Bulldoze, Poison Jab, Smart Strike, Pin Missile, Sacred Sword, Acrobatics, Shore Up, Toxic, Hidden Power, Mud Bomb, String Shot, Protect, Bug Buzz, Earth Power, Rock Blast, Night Slash, Slash
Flavor: Daddy long legs spider who coats itself in clay for protection
Description: This mon is the first sticky webs setter in paleomons and its a pretty damn good one. It has good bulk ,decent typing, reliable recovery and a high speed. We have a lot of slow pokemon in this meta who could really shine with webs support and this pokemon provides that tenfold.
Mega Evolution
Name: Arachnocollia-Mega
Type:
AFB27CE5-1758-4987-B8FF-66D2F76B9588.png
7F76EB75-B527-400E-99C1-0F69FEAF0D37.png

Ability: Spider Sense
BST: 71/111(+23)/116(+21)/69(+5)/108(+30)/126(+21)
Custom Elements:
Spider Sense:
Effect: This abilty will reduce the damage of a super effective move by 50% but only on the first turn this pokemon is out(Like fake out and First Impression)
Flavor: Daddy long legs spider who coats itself in clay for protection, When this pokemon Mega evolves it improves its perception and reaction time
Descrpition: Plays very similary to base form, only major differences are a general stat increase and having to give up good defensive items like boots and lefties. It also has a new ability called Spider Sense which aids its surviabilty by allowing it to tank supereffective hits.
Name: Ticklarnia
Creature Its based on: Charnia
Type:
D4610D34-20F8-45AD-9A4E-B2127CFACAA5.png
648DB210-2949-4624-BB57-3698231D604F.png

Ability: Pickpocket/Misty Surge
BST: 66/95/51/83/95/110
Notable Moves: Play Rough, Knock Off, Dazzling Gleam,Draining Kiss, Dark Pulse, Snarl, Feather Dance, Air Slash, Whirlwind, Tickle, Sand Tomb, Acrobatics, Hidden Power, Protect
Flavor: An mischevious feather like pixie who loves to tickle other pokemon. It is said that fairy dust often comes out when its tickling other pokemon often causing them to be dazed and confused. It is said that this pokemon inspired the design for modern day feather dusters.
Description: A fast support pokemon, It has misty surge which is great for team support it also has other good support options like Tickle and Feather Dance. It has solid attacking stats and stab knock off so it can put a dent in opposing teams. Its biggest weakness is its fragility with middling defenses and a poor hp stat.
Mega Evolution
Name: Ticklarnia-Mega
Type:
D4610D34-20F8-45AD-9A4E-B2127CFACAA5.png
648DB210-2949-4624-BB57-3698231D604F.png

Ability: Misty Surge
BST: 66/115(+20)/ 75(+24)/ 108 (+25)/112 (+17) /124(+14)
Flavor: Mega evolution causes this pokemon to become even more agressive with its tickling and it produces even more fairy dust.
Descrption: Slightly bulkier and faster version of original
Name: Dracosonia
Creature its based on: Dickinsonia
Type:
24B878B7-5E9A-48ED-9605-FDB165655841.png

Ability: Battle Armor/Bulletproof
BST: 101/ 97/86/76/82/71
Notable Moves: Dragon Dance, Scale Shot, Outrage, Breaking Swipe, Earthquake, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Waterfall, Poison Fang, Body Slam, Hidden Power, Protect, Toxic, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Breath, Surf, Life Dew
Descrpition: A very versatile and fat dragon mon. It can run many viable sets like a bulky Dragon Dance set with solid coverage and assault vest set to just be a bulky blob and eat up a lot of special hits. It also has bulletproof to help solidify its defensive niche.
Flavor: This pokemon is often mistaken for a slug when in reality it’s just a small and less ferocious dragon. It’s very lazy often spending most it’s time eating or sleeping. It‘s coated with armor like scales which give it great defense. This pokemon is said to be related to Kommo-o, Dunsparce and Goodra.
Mega Evolution
Name: Dracosonia-Mega
Type:
24B878B7-5E9A-48ED-9605-FDB165655841.png

Ability: Filter
BST: 101/112/118/98/100/83
Descrpiton: Again a bulkier version of the regular form who sacrifices an item in order to obtain this bulk. It has increased attacking power which can make dd and mixed sets pack more of a punch. It also gains filter which makes it even more defensively potent.
Flavor: The power of mega evolution makes Dracosonia’s scales grow in length and it also makes them become almost as hard as diamond. It is said to be much more active and alert than its non mega form.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Multiple Pursuit types? Please do not ruin the meta

220px-Charnia_masoni_-_MUSE-1.jpg
Pokémon: Charismia
Typing:

Abilities
: Suction Cups / Botanist* | HA: Filter
Botanist - Grass type Steelworker clone.
Stats: 69 HP / 79 Atk / 93 Def / 114 SpA / 109 SpD / 44 Spe [BST: 508]
Relevant Moves:
Physical - Liquidation, Knock Off, Throat Chop, Leaf Blade, Sucker Punch, Foul Play, Power Trip
Special - Dark Pulse, Scald, Giga Drain, Sea Vacuum*, Surf, Vacuum Wave, Whirlpool, Grass Knot, Leaf Storm, Ice Beam
Status - Toxic, Recover, Taunt, Embargo, Rain Dance, Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, Synthesis, Switcheroo, Topsy Turvy
All Universal Moves
Role: Tank
Flavor(if you want to): WIP

Pokémon-Mega: Charismia-Mega
Typing:

Abilities: Intimidate
Stats: 69 HP / 119 Atk / 103 Def / 134 SpA / 129 SpD / 54 Spe [BST: 608]
Role: Special Wallbreaker, Tank
Flavor (If you want to): WIP

Dickinsonia_costata_A.jpg
Pokémon: Dichordina
Typing:

Abilities
: Battery* / Static | HA: Swarm
Battery - User summons the Charge effect at 50% maximum HP or lower.
Stats: 84 HP / 57 Atk / 79 Def / 101 SpA / 112 SpD / 51 Spe [BST: 484]
Relevant Moves:
Physical - U-turn, Lunge, Zing Zap, Attack Order
Special - Thnderbolt, Bug Buzz, Giga Drain, Volt Switch, Discharge, Signal Beam, Struggle Bug, Surf, Hydro Pump
Status - Toxic, Charge, Electric Terrain, Defend Order, Heal Order
All Universal Moves
Role: Special Pivot

Pokémon-Mega: Dichordina-Mega
Typing:

Abilities: Electric Surge
Stats: 84 HP / 82 Atk / 89 Def / 119 SpA / 121 SpD / 89 Spe
Role: Special Wallbreaker
Flavor (If you want to): WIP

Pokémon: Coralloy
Typing:

Abilities
: Water Compaction / Light Metal | HA: Long Reach
Stats: 84 HP / 71 Atk / 99 Def / 94 SpA / 102 SpD / 77 Spe [BST: 500]
Relevant Moves:
Physical - U-turn, Zing Zap, Metal Claw, Metal Burst, Iron Head, Magnet Bomb
Special - Thunderbolt, Giga Drain, Volt Switch, Discharge, Signal Beam, Hydro Pump, Thunder Cage, Flash Cannon, Dazzling Gleam, Parabolic Charge, Earth Power, Steel Beam, Rising Voltage
Status - Toxic, Charge, Electric Terrain, Thunder Wave, Taunt, Encore, Calm Mind, Toxic Spikes
All Universal Moves
Role: Defensive Pivot, Calm Mind Sweeper

Last edited:
Pokémon: Drasticlay (Dragon (i wonder why) + Stick(s) + Clay)
Typing: Ground / Fighting
Abilities: Intimidate / Damp / Forewarn (HA)
Stats: 80 / 105 / 100 / 70 / 95 / 50
Relevant Moves: Earthquake, Stealth Rock, Rock Slide, Bulldoze, Rock Tomb, Stone Edge, Close Combat, Shore Up, Superpower, Iron Head, Curse, Assurance, Breaking Swipe, Outrage, Aura Sphere, Focus Blast, Earth Power, Power Gem, Ancient Power, Pursuit, Knock Off, Taunt, Toxic, Protect, Snore, Round, Return, Frustration, Substitute, Scorching Sands, Toxic, Thunder Wave, Sludge Bomb, Poison Jab, Power Whip, Stick Strike* (85 BP, 100% Accuracy, Physical, Normal, Type of this move is based on secondary typing.)
Role: Slow Breaker, Set-Up Sweeper
Flavor: why is it called drasticlay its not even a dragon type why dos it have dragon in its n (Uses its sticks as staffs, wich it uses to hit its opponents very hard. despite it not seeming very intimidating, knowing what it can do, most pokemon run away rather than fighting it.)

Pokémon-Mega: Drasticlay-Mega
Typing: Ground / Dragon
Ability: Energize (This pokemon's attacks have 1.2x power on its first turn out.)
Stats: 80 / 145 / 110 / 95 / 110 / 60
Role: Slow Breaker, Tank, Rock Setter, Set-Up Sweeper
Mega Stone: Drasticlite
Flavor: oh. (Mega Evolution borrows the draconic energy from other pokemon, wich makes dragon-like aura around its sticks. when hitting opponents directly, this energy crystallizes and breaks. however, after hitting, it becomes energy again and reforms.)

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
1649582109439.png

Pokémon: Charneaf
Typing:

Abilities: Sand Force / Storm Drain / Grass Pelt (HA)
Stats: 107/80/71/88/100/66 (512)
Dive, Liquidation, Power Whip, Waterfall, Seed Bomb, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Facade, Double-Edge
Bubble Beam, Hydro Pump, Surf, Water Gun, Water Pulse, Whirlpool, Absorb, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Leaf Storm, Mega Drain, Ice Beam
Rain Dance, Soak, Water Sport, Grassy Terrain, Ingrain, Leech Seed, Synthesis, Growth, Protect, Substitute, Toxic, Swords Dance
Name: Damp Fauna
Power: 80
Accuracy: 100%
PP: 10
Category:

Type:

Effect: Summons Water Sport.
Flags: Protect, Mirror
Role: Special Defensive Wall, Physical Wallbreaker

Pokémon: Charneaf-Mega
Typing:

Abilities: Storm Assault (This Pokemon's Attack is multiplied by 1.5 in Rain.)
Stats: 107/120/91/88/110/96 (612)
Role: Rain Abuser, Physical Wallbreaker

Here's the Rick Roll Clay Bug
Pokémon: Astlinette
Typing:

Abilities: Solid Rock / Steam Engine (HA)
Stats: 58/100/97/65/144/76 (540)
Lunge, Skitter Smack, Bug Bite, U-turn, Gyro Ball, Heavy Slam, Iron Head, Rock Slide, Rock Blast, Dig, Earthquake
Infestation, Flash Cannon, Bug Buzz, Ancient Power, Power Gem, Scorching Sands, Hidden Power
Powder, Iron Defense, Tar Shot, Spikes, Protect, Substitute
Name: Clay Armor
Power: -
Accuracy: -
PP: 8
Category:

Type:

Effect: Raises Defense and Sp. Atk. by 1 stage. Current stat changes are doubled when getting hit by a Fire-type move afterwards.
Flags: Mirror
Role: Defensive Pivot, Specially Defensive Wall, Set-up Sweeper

Last edited:
Typing: Water
Abilities: Unaware
Stats: 70/90/97/50/93/20 [420]
Relevant Moves: Recover, Liquidation, Body Slam, Power Whip, Poison Jab, Toxic, Spiky Shield, Bulk Up, Zen Headbutt, Knock Off, Power-up Punch
Protect, Rain Dance, Rest, Sleep Talk, Substitute, Facade, Round, Snore, Surf, Toxic, Water Pulse, Hidden Power, Endure, Icy Wind, Scald, Ice Beam, Dive, Blizzard, Hydro Pump, Hail, Waterfall, Whirlpool, Water Gun, Brine, Double-Edge, Liquidation, Headbutt, Bubble Beam, Giga Impact, Rock Smash, Hyper Beam, Body Slam, Curse, Strength, Mud Shot, Swift, Fling, Take Down
Role: bulky tank, physical attacker
Flavor: they live peacefully on the seafloor, immobilized in their spot while filter-feeding. though if predators were to try and attack them, its body is able to stretch and fend them off with attacks.

Last edited:
Pokémon: Tentarnia (Tentacle / Charnia)
Creature it was based: Charnia
Abilities: Regenerator / Color Change
Stats: 90 / 70 / 85 / 120 / 100 / 80 (BST - 545)

Notable Moves: Giga Drain / Hydro Pump / Ice Beam / Scald / Substitute / Toxic / Protect / Dark Pulse

Other Moves: Aqua Ring / Brutal Swing / Bubble Beam / Dive / Headbutt / Hyper Beam / Mega Drain / Rest / Water Gun / Brine / Tickle / Water Pulse / Whirlpool / Wrap / Helping Hand / Focus Energy / Soak / Giga Impact / Snore / Sleep Talk / Attract / Endure /

Flavor(if you want to): Tentarnia is an octopus with tentacles that look like charnias, which look like plants. It uses camouflage to lure in animals that feed on plants, and proceeds to eat them.

Role: Choice Item user / Special Wall. There didnt seem to be any special oriented water types on the offensive or defensive spectrum, so here ya go.

Good Matchups: Some Special Attackers, especially ones without super effective moves against it, slower mons it can revenge kill, etc.

Pokemon: Octoka (Octopus / Zoka (fake plant in japanese)
Stats: 60 / 40 / 30 / 55 / 80 / 50

Moves: All of Tentarnias Moves except for Hydro Pump

Flavor: Exact same thing as Tentarnia

Role: LC Tentarnia. Can no longer pull of specs sets, only special wall now.
Ability: Protean
Stats: 105 / 85 / 110 / 125 / 135 / 85 (BST - 635)
Stone Name: Tentarnite

Pokemon: Rokupede (Centipede + Rokujuhachi (japanese for 68 which was how many segments i counted on the reference picture for dickinsonia)
Creature it was based: Dickinsonia
Typing: Bug / Ground
Abilities: Truant
Stats: 129 / 45 / 150 / 50 / 45 / 1 (BST - 420)

Moves: Slack Off / Endure / Pain Split / Protect / Rest / Toxic / Yawn (yes this is it)

Flavor: This pokemon is so unbelievably lazy that it evolved to survive by doing absolutely nothing. It uses its 68 legs to move (incredibly slowly) when it needs to (which is never.) It gets nutrients from the soil it rests in, and since it doesn't move it uses up little to no energy, allowing it to go incredibly large periods of time without eating. It is also nigh invincible from physical attacks, so that helps on the off chance something does try to eat it (which is unlikely as it is so small that it wouldn't do much for any potential predators)

Role: Physical wall. This is the only thing it does. Also its the joke mon but can also be pretty good with its monstrous HP and DEF stats.

Pokemon: Canocollina (Volcano + Coronacollina)
Creature it was based: Coronacollina
Typing: Fire / Bug
Abilities: Drought
Stats: 80 / 55 / 85 / 105 / 85 / 70 (BST - 480)

Notable Moves: / Earth Power / Eruption / Fire Blast / Overheat / Weather Ball / Will-o-Wisp / Sticky Web / Bug Buzz /

Other Moves: Attracts / Baton Pass / Smokescreen / Facade / Bug Bite / Hidden Power / Round / String Shot / Sunny Day / After You / Amnesia / Attract / Clear Smog / Ember / Endure / Fire Spin / Flame Charge / Flame Wheel / Explosion / Self Destruct / Smog / Substitute + Any other universal moves

Flavor: Its little stands help it move around like a spider, and lava spews out of its shell. If you look closely you might see it stick its head out of its shell to eat.

Role: Sun Setter / Shell Smash Sweeper / Sticky Web User.

Pokemon: Magmider (Magma + Spider)
Ability: Drought
Stats: 55 / 40 / 75 / 70 / 60 / 40
Moves: Same as Volcollina minus eruption fire blast and overheat
Role: Sun Setter / Shell Smash Sweeper / Sticky Web User

Last edited:
Pokémon: Thundarnia (Charnia)
Typing: Steel/Electric
Abilities: Suction Cups| Filter | Ha: Lightning rod
Stats: 90/60/91/100/91/55 Bst: 487
Relevant Moves: Thunder Cage, Thunder wave, Thunder bolt, Thunder, Grass knot, Volt switch, Discharge, Flash cannon, Toxic, Substitute, Taunt, Protect, Hidden power
Role: Defensive pivot, Stallbreaker
Metal claw, Gyro ball, Metal sound, Steel beam, Steel roller, Steel wing, Metal burst, Thunder punch, iron head, Facade
Thunder shock
Flavor(if you want to): This pokemon loves to battle in thunderstorms as its whole body acts as if it's a lightning rod while rooted into the ground. When struck by lightning it uses its metallic conductive roots to filter out excess electricity and uses the rest of the electricity to attack opponents.
Pokémon-Mega: Thundarnia-mega
Typing: Steel/Electric
Abilities: Transistor
Stats: 90/95/101/115/101/85 Bst: 587
Role: Defensive pivot, Wallbreaker, Stallbreaker
Flavor (If you want to): Thundarnia-mega is said to have gained the power of Mega Evolution from an altered thunderstone. It fires off powerful electrical charges from its body at will.
Mega stone name: either Thundanite (which i prefer) or Thundarnite.
Pokémon: Catallina (Coronacollina) (Catapult+collina)
Typing: Fighting
Abilities: Levitate|Intimidate|Ha: Long reach
Stats: 105/60/90/95/90/60 Bst: 500
Relevant Moves: (Aura sphere and all pulse moves except origin pulse), Knock off, Recover, Stealth rock, Flamethrower, Meteor beam, Parting shot, Gunk shot Swords dance, , Taunt, Baneful bunker Focus blast, Bulk up, Superpower, Earthquake, Brick break, Toxic, Protect, Substitute, Hidden power
Rock slide,Rock throw, Rock tomb, Circle throw, Storm throw, Vital throw, Seismic, toss, Fling, Barrage, Gyro ball, Stone edge, Rock tomb, Spike cannon,Tar shot, Counter, Brutal swing, Facade
Role: Defensive pivot, Hazard setter
Flavor(if you want to): This pokemon uses the environment around it to create supports for its body. In battle, it positions itself as if it were a catapult to fire off attacks against opposing pokemon.

Pokémon-Mega: Catallina-mega
Typing: Fighting
Abilities: Mega launcher
Stats: 105/90/100/115/100/90
Role: Special Wallbreaker/Mixed wallbreaker
Flavor (If you want to):
Pokémon: Refracterma (Refract+Derma) (Dickinsonia)
Typing: Psychic, Ghost
Abilities: Mirror armor|Ha: Prism Armor
Stats: 107/60/80/115/80/107 Bst: 549
Relevant Moves:Photon geyser, Night daze, Dark pulse, Flash cannon, Obstruct, Dazzling Gleam, Shadow ball, Night shade, Lunar dance, Light screen, Reflect, Protect, Toxic,Substitute, Hidden power, Mirror coat, Mirror move, Taunt, U-turn
Flash, Shadow sneak, Shadow punch, Shadow claw, Shadow bone,Night slash, nightmare, Darkest lariat, Phantom force, Luster purge, Trick room, Mirror coat, Mirror move, Barrier,
Role: Screens setter/Special Wallbreaker
Flavor(if you want to): This Pokemon is able to manipulate light like a prism using the cells in its skin and body.
Edit: Added universal tm moves and separated out the flavor moves

Last edited:

Bloopyghost

guging
is a Pre-Contributor
Please excuse the roughness of these sprites for my Charnia sub, they're placeholders done to make team preview not pain

Scorcharnia
"Scorch" + "Charnia"
"Skor-char-nee-uh"
Typing:

Abilities: Flame Body | Regenerator

Scorcharnia comes in three different variants: Short Size, Average Size, and Long Size. Scorcharnia retains the same typing and abilities across all variants, but its stats and weight vary between these variants.

Scorcharnia-Short
Stats:
75 HP / 94 Atk / 85 Def / 85 SpA / 70 SpD / 106 Spe / 515 BST
Weight: 20.0 kg

Scorcharnia-Average
Stats:
90 HP / 114 Atk / 85 Def / 70 SpA / 80 SpD / 76 Spe / 515 BST
Weight: 40.0 kg

Scorcharnia-Long
Stats:
105 HP / 134 Atk / 85 Def / 55 SpA / 90 SpD / 46 Spe / 515 BST
Weight: 60.0 kg

Defining Moves: Coil, Crabhammer, Encore, Fire Lash, Gunk Shot, Power Whip, Scorching Pebbles, Spikes, Will-O-Wisp
Subobtimal Moves: Absorb, Aqua Ring, Bind, Brine, Brutal Swing, Bubble Beam, Camouflage, Confide, Constrict, Dive, Double-Edge, Double Team, Ember, Flash, Flash Cannon, Fire Blast, Flame Burst, Flamethrower, Frustration, Giga Impact, Grass Knot, Harden, Heat Wave, Hidden Power, Hydro Pump, Hyper Beam, Incinerate, Ingrain, Lava Plume, Mega Drain, Mimic, Mud Slap, Muddy Water, Overheat, Poison Jab, Rain Dance, Reflect Type, Return, Round, Scald, Solar Beam, Sunny Day, Surf, Takedown, Waterfall, Water Gun, Water Pulse, Weather Ball, Wring Out
Universal Moves: Attract, Endure, Facade, Protect, Rest, Round, Sleep Talk, Snore, Substitute

Role:

Having been inspired by this horrifying fact right here, I decided to go with Gourgeist style forms for this one.
Scorcharnia-Short
  • Scorcharnia-S’s greatest strength is its blistering Speed, able to outpace and deal with relevant threats such as Alohwo, Aurorus, and Mamoswine.
  • Its high Speed, great STAB combo, and access to Fire Lash, Encore, and Will-O-Wisp means it can easily force switches, which it can then capitalize on by setting Spikes or Scorching Pebbles.
  • Regenerator encourages aggressive play, letting it weave in and out of battle to wear down foes' HP or throw out hazards before healing off minor damage.
  • It can also be played for pure offense, wallbreaking using Gunk Shot and Power Whip for coverage or acting as a wincon with Coil.
  • However, its middling bulk means it can struggle switching-in and it is easily revenge-killed by Aerodactyl, Illusinogen, and Dragapult.
  • It also has the lowest Attack of the sizes, meaning it can struggle breaking through Kabuto and Dodrumb even with its coverage.
Scorcharnia-Average
  • The awkward middle child of the three sizes, Scorcharnia-A best niche is that of a Scarfer. Though more limited for Speed control compared to Scorcharnia-S, Scorcharnia-A is still incredibly fast with a Scarf, outpacing everything barring Archeops and Slush Rush Arctachoris. Greater power and bulk gives it an edge over Scorcharnia-S as a revenge-killer.
Scorcharnia-Long
  • Boasting the highest offensive stat in the meta, Scorcharnia-L's monstrous Atk stat sets it apart from other breakers. Its nuclear Crabhammer and access to Fire Lash means it can break down defensive mons with ease.
  • Scorcharnia-L can leverage its resistances and solid bulk to pivot into attacks while keeping itself healthy with Regenerator.
  • Its bulk also makes the toughest of the sizes to break when using Coil, letting it take on physical attackers and pummel them back with boosted hits.
  • Scorcharnia-L suffers from a horrendous Speed stat however, losing out on outspeeding Robusteel and Dodrumb unless if it wants to compromise its bulk with Speed investment. Its awful Speed leaves it vulnerable even to slow threats such as Garchomp and Armaldo.

Dickrete
"Dickinonia" + "Discrete"
"Dih-kreet"
Typing:

Stats: 70 HP / 60 Atk / 122 Def / 90 SpA / 90 SpD / 78 Spe / 510 BST
Weight: 20 kg

Defining Moves: Dark Pulse, Draining Kiss, Earth Power, Foul Play, Giga Drain, Knock Off, Moonlight, Leech Seed, Pain Split, Scald, Scorching Sands, Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, Stealth Rock, Taunt, Toxic
Subobtimal Moves: Astonish, Bide, Bulldoze, Camouflage, Confide, Dig, Earthquake, Endeavor, Flail, Harden, Infestation, Mud Bomb, Mud Shot, Mud Slap, Mud Sport, Muddy Water, Payback, Rain Dance, Reflect Type, Revenge, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Round, Sandstorm, Secret Power, Sludge Wave, Spite, Stomping Tantrum, Stone Edge, String Shot, Swagger, Torment, Uproar, Water Gun, Water Pulse
Universal Moves: Attract, Endure, Facade, Protect, Rest, Round, Sleep Talk, Snore, Substitute

Role: Rushing this one, just a fat Protean user

Terrasclere
"Terra/Terracotta" + "Megasclere"
"Tehr-uh-sclehr"
Typing:

Abilities: Overcoat | Poison Heal
Stats: 100 HP / 40 Atk / 90 Def / 100 SpA / 110 SpD / 55 Spe / 495 BST
Weight: 15.5 kg

Mega Stone: Terrasclerite
Mega Terrasclere
Typing:

Ability: Loose Spicules
This Pokémon sets up one layer of Spikes on the opponent's side after it is damaged by a move.
Stats: 100 HP / 50 Atk (+10) / 115 Def (+25) / 125 SpA (+25) / 130 SpD (+20) / 75 Spe (+20) / 595 BST
Weight: 25.5 kg

Defining Moves: Earth Power, Rapid Spin, Scald, Scorching Sands, Spikes, Stealth Rock, Toxic, Whirlwind
Subobtimal Moves: Bide, Block, Body Slam, Bulldoze, Confide, Curse, Defense Curl, Dig, Double-Edge, Double Team, Drill Run, Earthquake, Fissure, Flail, Frustration, Giga Drain, Giga Impact, Gyro Ball, Hidden Power, Hyper Beam, Iron Defense, Muddy Water, Mud Shot, Mud Slap, Natural Gift, Pin Missile, Return, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Sand Attack, Sandstorm, Sand Tomb, Stomping Tantrum, Stone Edge, Sunny Day, Swagger, Water Pulse

Role: So Coronacollina acula had very similar anatomy to sea sponges and the "sticks" from its body are classed as spicules, basically mineralized pieces that make up the animal's skeleton. Coronacollina fossils often had their spicules torn off their bodies as a result of fossilization, which inspired me to make this.
  • In its base form, Poison Heal is a powerful ability that provides passive recovery, status immunity, and not a care about Knock Off. This lets the base form check threats that are unable to hit it supereffectively or don't have nuclear power such as Alohwo and Velozolt.
  • The star of the show here though is Mega Terrasclere, whose custom ability makes Spike stacking a hell of a lot easier. Loose Spicules is meant to make up for Mega Terrasclere's lack of recovery and the average defensive profile of its typing, punishing the opponent if they can't hit it hard.
  • Higher bulk gives it an easier time switching into and surviving attacks, its solid SpA reduces its passivity, and its Speed allows it to outpace Robusteel and Garchomp.
  • Rapid Spin offers much needed removal in a meta that lacks it, Terrasclere would be the 2nd spinner in the tier.
  • Scald is primarily for Garchomp and Robusteel, though it's also a way to vaporize Torkoal. Toxic can be used to wear down potential checks while Whirlwind is useful for racking up Spikes damage or for phazing.
  • Mega Terrasclere's biggest drawback is its lack of recovery, meaning it will get worn down over the course of the match and it must be wary of hazards and especially status conditions.
  • Ice and to a lesser extent Water are potent offensive types here, so Aurorus and Arctachoris are huge threats to Mega Terrasclere.
  • Despite its good SpA, its offensive movepool is sparse, so it struggles breaking.

Last edited:
SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED
Yes, it's been a while since the 24 hours passed (almost 10 days lol). We are sorry for taking so long, some members of the council ended up getting sick, so they ended up having to rest for a bit, which ended up making this slate take more than what it was supposed to take. Once again, we're sorry and thanks for the comprehension.

Now enough of excuses and let's get to the point: The slate has now closed it's submissions and now we're opening the veto phase. I want to give huge thanks to Albatross for helping in the discussion of these vetos and writing the feedback. You're an amazing person <3 (or bird idk).

Pokémon: Golumpkin (Coronacollina)
Typing: Ground/Poison
Abilities: Tangled Feet, Klutz, Hustle (HA)
Stats: 60 HP / 110 Atk / 110 Def / 60 SpA / 60 SpD / 110 Spe (510 BST)
Relevant Moves: Earthquake, Gunk Shot, Stone Edge, Brick Break, Knock Off, Rapid Spin, Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes, Taunt
110 Attack is already fairly high for our current meta, but the added boost from Hustle, Ground STAB, a decent defensive type, and its very good 110 Speed (~80 Speed is currently the meta's average) tips this sub over the edge. We highly recommend reducing either its Attack or Speed.

Abilities: Unaware
Stats: 70/90/117/50/110/20 [457]
Relevant Moves: Recover, Liquidation, Body Slam, Power Whip, Poison Jab, Toxic, Spiky Shield, Bulk Up, Zen Headbutt, Knock Off, Power-up Punch
70/117/110 bulk for a pure Water-type with access to both Unaware and reliable recovery is pretty scary. Just look at Quagsire in comparison; it has an excellent typing, Recover, and Unaware, but its fairly mediocre bulk and 4x weakness to Grass help balance it out. Protenquil has, for the current meta, a good amount of bulk and a typing that isn't easily punished due to the few Grass- and Electric-types in the meta. Removing its recovery or reducing its bulk a little should help keep it balanced.

Pokémon: Tentarnia (Tentacle / Charnia)
Stats: 90 / 70 / 85 / 120 / 100 / 80 (BST - 545)

Notable Moves: Giga Drain / Hydro Pump / Ice Beam / Scald / Substitute / Toxic / Recover / Protect / Dark Pulse

Stats: 105 / 85 / 110 / 125 / 135 / 85 (BST - 635)
Stone Name:
Base Tentarnia is fine, but the mega forme has similar problems to Protenquil above; really nice bulk (way better than Protenquil's lol) and access to reliable recovery, along with a good Special Attack and a STAB boost on all its attacks from Protean. Again, removing some of its bulk or Recover should make it ok

Pokemon: Rokupede (Centipede + Rokujuhachi (japanese for 68 which was how many segments i counted on the reference picture for dickinsonia)
Creature it was based: Dickinsonia
Typing: Bug / Ground
Abilities: Truant
Stats: 129 / 45 / 150 / 50 / 45 / 1 (BST - 420)

Moves: Slack Off / Endure / Pain Split / Protect / Rest / Toxic / Yawn (yes this is it)
129/150 physical bulk is insane for this meta, though its hard to tell how effective it'll be with Truant holding it back. In truth this just seems like an incredibly boring physical wall to fight against, since most physical attackers will struggle to break it and half the time it'll just be sat there doing nothing. That's more of a subjective point though; on a more objective level, we recommend filling out its movepool a little more, since only having 7 moves is a little wack.

Pokemon: Canocollina (Volcano + Coronacollina)
Abilities: Drought
Stats: 80 / 55 / 85 / 105 / 85 / 70 (BST - 480)

Notable Moves: / Earth Power / Eruption / Fire Blast / Overheat / Weather Ball / Will-o-Wisp / Shell Smash / Sticky Web / Bug Buzz /
Though this sub has some notable flaws, Drought and Shell Smash - along with 105 Special Attack, good STAB options with Overheat and Weather Ball, and Earth Power as coverage - is an incredibly dangerous combination. Just remove Shell Smash and Canocollina should be fine.

You will have 24 hours to correct your subs, and if all of them are corrected before these 24 hours, we will open the voting phase right after.

I think this is it, see you all in 24 hours or less, bye-bye.

VOTING IS NOW OPEN!
Except for Aqua1272 's Tentarnia and Rokupede, all subs were corrected, and voting will start.

The rules for voting are as follows:
  • Each Pokémon will be voted for separately.
  • There is no limit on the amount of submissions you can vote for.
  • First Place will count for 3 points, Second Place for 2, and all others will count for 1 point.
  • Self Votes may not be First Place, and have a limit of 6 points total.

Voting will be open for 2 days. Good luck for all of the participants.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)