LC Pansage

JustoonSmitts

I draw stuff for a living
is a Top Artistis a Contributor to Smogon
sketch1562857164814.png

**art by me**​

[OVERVIEW]
With a Life Orb- and STAB-boosted Bullet Seed, Pansage can potentially 2HKO LC's most defensive Pokemon such as Dwebble, Spritzee, and Mareanie due to the tier's unique multi-hit mechanics. However, its otherwise low offenses and frail defenses prevent it from being viable in the metagame. As an offensive Grass-type, Snivy is always the better choice thanks to its stronger offensive and defensive presence with Synthesis, Defog, and the combination of Contrary and Leaf Storm.

[SET]
name: All-Out Offensive
move 1: Bullet Seed
move 2: Knock Off
move 3: Low Sweep
move 4: Gunk Shot
item: Life Orb
ability: Overgrow
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 244 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Pansage can attempt to power through most of LC with the raw power of Bullet Seed due to the move's hit mechanics in the tier. Unfortunately, Pansage is still usurped by Snivy because of its poor defenses and Speed.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[JustoonSmitts, 239732]]
- Quality checked by: [[Nineage, 195129], [Fiend, 208173]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Fireflame479, 231476]]

Last edited by a moderator:

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
[OVERVIEW]
  • I'd change the first sentence to include something like "due to Little Cup's unique multi-hit mechanics". Right now its a little confusing that you say Pansage can 2HKO most of the metagame, but then immediately say it has low offenses. Hopefully this will help with that cognitive dissonance.
[SET]
You can remove the "lv" field, I believe

[SET COMMENTS]
Instead of "poor stats across the board", maybe just say "poor defenses and Speed"

Overall, very well done. 1/2, sorry to make you wait

JustoonSmitts

[OVERVIEW]
  • I'd change the first sentence to include something like "due to Little Cup's unique multi-hit mechanics". Right now its a little confusing that you say Pansage can 2HKO most of the metagame, but then immediately say it has low offenses. Hopefully this will help with that cognitive dissonance.
[SET]
You can remove the "lv" field, I believe

[SET COMMENTS]
Instead of "poor stats across the board", maybe just say "poor defenses and Speed"

Overall, very well done. 1/2, sorry to make you wait
Thank you! No worries about the wait.

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
[OVERVIEW]
I would add "otherwise" to "However, its [otherwise] low offenses and frail defenses" in order to emphasise further that bullet seed is the only attack it has that does damage.

[SET COMMENTS]
Generally I'd rather you not focus on another pokemon in the set comments, so I'll suggest that you change the first sentence to focus on the potential of Bullet Seed and the raw power of those lovely 5 hits. Then the 2nd sentence should reiterate how weak and unreliable Pansage really is. The last sentence is perfect.

fix that, then move to GP.
QC 2/2

Fireflame

Silksong when
is a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Remove Add Comments (AC)= add comma (RC)= remove comma (AH)= add hyphen (RH)= remove hyphen
[OVERVIEW]
With a Life Orb-(AH) and STAB-(AH)boosted Bullet Seed, Pansage can potentially 2HKO Little Cup's LC's most defensive Pokemon such as Dwebble, Spritzee, and Mareanie due to Little Cup's the tier's unique multi-hit mechanics. However, its otherwise low offenses and frail defenses prevent it from being viable in the metagame. As an offensive Grass-type, Snivy is always the better choice thanks to its stronger offensive and defensive presence with Synthesis, Defog, and the combination of Contrary and Leaf Storm.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Pansage can attempt to power through most of Little Cup LC with the raw power of Bullet Seed due to the move's hit mechanics in Little Cup the tier. Unfortunately, Pansage is still usurped by Snivy because of its poor defenses and Speed.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[, ]]
GP 1/1

JustoonSmitts

[OVERVIEW]
I would add "otherwise" to "However, its [otherwise] low offenses and frail defenses" in order to emphasise further that bullet seed is the only attack it has that does damage.

[SET COMMENTS]
Generally I'd rather you not focus on another pokemon in the set comments, so I'll suggest that you change the first sentence to focus on the potential of Bullet Seed and the raw power of those lovely 5 hits. Then the 2nd sentence should reiterate how weak and unreliable Pansage really is. The last sentence is perfect.

fix that, then move to GP.
QC 2/2
Remove Add Comments (AC)= add comma (RC)= remove comma (AH)= add hyphen (RH)= remove hyphen
[OVERVIEW]
With a Life Orb-and STAB-boosted Bullet Seed, Pansage can potentially 2HKO LC's most defensive Pokemon such as Dwebble, Spritzee, and Mareanie due to the tier's unique multi-hit mechanics. However, its otherwise low offenses and frail defenses prevent it from being viable in the metagame. As an offensive Grass-type, Snivy is always the better choice thanks to its stronger offensive and defensive presence with Synthesis, Defog, and the combination of Contrary and Leaf Storm.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Pansage can attempt to power through most of LC with the raw power of Bullet Seed due to the move's hit mechanics in the tier. Unfortunately, Pansage is still usurped by Snivy because of its poor defenses and Speed.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[Fireflame479, 231476]][/hi ]]
GP 1/1
Thanks, man. This is ready to upload. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)