SM OU Pantheon of Everything (Mega Heracross Bulky Offense)

(Click sprites for importable!)
Pantheon of Everything (Mega Heracross Bulky Offense)
Mega Heracross has been really good ever since it was introduced in XY. Its absurd attack stat in tandem with respectable bulk makes it really good. However, when Sun and Moon came out, Mega Heracross wasn't available unless there was some sort of event that featured the Heracronite. But now, come USUM, the Heracronite was avaliable, and Heracross was able to wreak havoc on opposing teams once again, like it could in XY. However, lately, I feel that Mega Heracross is slowly slipping out of favor over other megas such as Mega Alakazam and Mega Mawile. However, this does not mean Mega Heracross is a bad wallbreaker. It is still a potent, alebit unexplored one. Will you see the Stag Beetle make it onto the OU radar once again? Or will its efforts slowly burn down in misery and defeat? Let's find out in this RMT.

Alexandros (Heracross-Mega) (M) @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 140 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

I chose this for my mega slot due to its absurdly high attack, respectable bulk, and most importantly, access to good coverage moves such as Rock Blast and Bullet Seed. I ran an Adamant nature because Mega Heracross is supposed to be a physically-based hard-hitter with good coverage options and as you can see, Mega Heracross usually never runs special moves due to its crummy special attack stat. Prior to mega-evolving, I ran Moxie to give Mega Heracross a head-start on hitting hard; however, it is kind of redundant imo since this set just so happens to run SD. An EV spread of 252 Atk /140 SpD /116 Spe is used to [1] boost Mega Heracross's already high attack stat to astronomical levels, [2] make Mega Heracross less likely to die to special attacks (Hurricane still OHKOs though), and [3] make Mega Heracross slightly faster. Onto the moves. Rock Blast is needed to deal with Flying-Types such as Tornadus-T and Mega Pinsir, as well as pokemon that resist its STAB such as Clefable. Bullet Seed in tandem with Tapu Bulu (We're going over this later) allows it to KO Clefable and Defensive Z-Move Lando-T. Close Combat is Mega Heracross's STAB move, and this allows it to deal with Ash-Greninja, Heatran, Mega Tyranitar, and Magnezone decently well. Swords Dance is used to boost Mega Heracross's attack even further and allows it to have an easier time KOing Toxapex. Pin Missile can be used on the last slot instead of Bullet Seed to hit bulky Psychic-Types such as Mega Latias and Reuniclus. Giving up Swords Dance doesn't really harm Mega Heracross per se, however, the inability to break past physically bulky pokemon such as Kartana and Ferrothorn can be annoying. This is essentially the "bread and butter" of the team - or to put it in Smogon language - the big bad wallbreaker for this team.

R.A.M (Tapu Bulu) @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 131 HP / 252 Atk / 125 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Because the aforementioned Mega Heracross set is running Bullet Seed, Tapu Bulu's ability to provide Grassy Terrain to boost Bullet Seed makes this a vital part of my team. Leftovers is ran to provide passive recovery since this set isn't running Synthesis. Once again, I ran an Adamant nature to increase Tapu Bulu's offensive pressure even further. Horn Leech provides recovery should Leftovers be purged via Knock Off, which is unsurprisingly common here in the current OverUsed metagame, so having a backup form of recovery is sure nice. Wood Hammer is Tapu Bulu's main STAB move, and while it does cause recoil, it can deal heavy damage to those that don't resist it or take super effective damage from it. Superpower is ran to deal with Steel-Types that might otherwise wall it, and can also be ran to deal with Ash-Greninja, Heatran, etc. However, the former is already hit hard by Wood Hammer and Horn Leech. Swords Dance is ran because this is a bulky offense variant of Tapu Bulu, and it boosts its already decent attack to even greater heights, allowing it to triumph over Magnezone locked into anything that's not Flash Cannon. This is the physical sweeper for my team.

Carbonite (Landorus-Therian) @ Groundium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 125 Atk / 131 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

This team has problems with entry hazards chipping them down, so of course, every competitively viable team will need a good defogger. I chose Lando-T over Torn-T or even Rotom-W due to its ability to exert pressure on a good portion of entry hazard setters. A Jolly nature is ran because this, while still intended to be bulky, needs to actually outspeed most entry hazard setters so that it can Defog on or pressure them. U-Turn forms the first half of the VoltTurn core this team is intended to set, since Mega Heracross is intended to be a wallbreaker, so it appreciates pivoting via U-Turn and/or Volt Switch. Defog provides massive support to this team, removing entry hazards for my team since most of my team is prone to getting worn down by entry hazards. Earthquake is Lando-T's main STAB, and allows it to KO Heatran since Mega Heracross isn't able to check it from the mega slot, in addition to checking some of the top threats here, such as Magearna, Mega Mawile, or even Mega Alakazam. Groundium Z allows Lando-T to turn Earthquake into a 180 base power, physical STAB nuke and KO Magearna and Ash-Greninja from the get-go (Has to survive Water Shuriken or Hydro Pump from the latter, which isn't easy though). This is my Defogger, alebit one with a whole lot of offensive presence.

Spike (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 150 Atk / 106 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA / 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

I chose this for my entry hazard setter due to its enormous bulk allowing to survive a lot of abuse and retaliate with Power Whip or Gyro Ball. Interestingly enough, I chose to run maximum speed EV's to make sure this thing wasn't as sluggish, yet I ran an Adamant nature to boost Ferrothorn's offensive presence. 106 SpD EVs are ran on this set because whatever kills Ferrothorn is usually bound to be a special move, so this is ran to make sure Ferrothorn (Hopefully) survives an Aura Sphere or Dark Pulse. Spikes is a must for every set, chipping down anything that's not Tornadus-T, but even that gets hit hard by Gyro Ball. Power Whip is Ferrothorn's main STAB move, and this combined with some attack investment and high base power makes Ferrothorn less passive than you would think. Leech Seed allows Ferrothorn to regenerate health, especially since this set isn't running Leftovers. Gyro Ball is the "bread and butter" of Ferrothorn offensively; being able to abuse faster threats, namely those in the base 100s and above is a pretty big thing since almost all of them are weak or take neutral damage from Gyro Ball. Defensively, Rocky Helmet+Iron Barbs allows Ferrothorn to punish physical attackers that rely on contact moves such as Mega Heracross, Mega Pinsir, and Fire Fang variants of Gliscor.

FlareTech (Heatran) (M) @ Steelium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 120 Def / 252 SpA / 120 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Magma Storm
- Taunt

I chose this as part of my team due to its ability to cripple stall teams via Taunt (Assuming whatever's in front of it doesn't switch out into Mega Sableye), and providing nice coverage, being able to check certain threats that many of my teammates wouldn't be able to do or have great difficulty doing so. 120 EVs for both sides of bulk allow it to survive a lot of abuse from many of the top threats in OverUsed, such as Ash-Greninja and Lando-T, to name a few. Earth Power provides strong coverage, hitting opposing Heatran, Mega Charizard X, and Blacephon for a solid amount of damage. It also hits Magnezone as well, something that normally traps it, though it's already walled due to not being able to hit Heatran very well due to running choice items more often than not. Flash Cannon is Heatran's secondary STAB, and this can hit threats such as Tapu Bulu and Tapu Lele quite hard, though the latter likely won't get 2HKO'd by it. Flash Cannon + Steelium Z allows it to OHKO Tapu Lele, Tapu Koko, and allows it to hit even Tapu Fini hard. Magma Storm is Heatran's main STAB move, and this allows it to hit Magearna even harder as well as trapping and chipping down many annoying pokemon for my team, such as Celesteela, though it can ward off said issue with Leech Seed, but is otherwise vulnerable to Taunt. Okay, Taunt is essentially the second and final part of the "MagmaTaunt" part of this team; it disallows Celesteela from getting up Leech Seed, and this combined with Magma Storm's trapping effect makes Celesteela essentially useless against Heatran. Oh and also, if Mega Sableye already died, then Taunt renders many stall teams almost useless. This is my special sweeper for the team.

Mecha Queen (Magearna) @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 128 Def / 252 SpA / 128 SpD
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon

I chose this as my cleric due to [1] being able to pivot in Mega Heracross safely, [2], being able to provide Heal Bell support, and [3] being able to shift its matchups depending on what it runs. Essentially, this set makes Magearna a pivot (and a cleric). Volt Switch is what makes Magearna part of the VoltTurn core this team is intended to make, namely since Mega Heracross is a wallbreaker, so it appreciates VoltTurn users such as Magearna and Lando-T pivoting out and bringing it in safely. Heal Bell is the main reason I put this on my team; while I haven't seen others actually use Heal Bell on Magearna, it's still a useful move, removing status conditions, particularly because over half of this team does not want to get burned, since it cripples them and disallows them to attack. Of course, Mega Heracross can somewhat remedy this via Swords Dance, however, that is just inefficient since you're going to get forced out by Tornadus-T. Fleur Cannon is essentially Magearna's main STAB move, and this hits Ash-Greninja, Garchomp, and Mega Latias quite nice and hard. The special attack drops are annoying, but this is why I ran Fairium Z for this set; being able to nuke Mega Latias once without the added special attack drops is sure nice. Flash Cannon is a backup STAB move; it hits Tapu Lele, Mega Tyranitar, and Tapu Bulu nice and hard, securing a OHKO on the latter, while Mega Tyranitar has the chance to survive even that, only being 2HKO'ed at best by Flash Cannon.

Fire-Types (I'm looking at you two in particular)
This team is built with pokemon that are generally weak to fire-type coverage, such as Mega Heracross and Tapu Bulu, to name a few. If they don't look threatening on paper, then why are they so threatening? Well, simply put, their STAB combo allows them to eliminate vital parts of this team, namely Magearna via Flare Blitz/Earthquake, Earth Power/Magma Storm, Fire Blast, and Mind Blown respectively, and the rest is all history. These two fire-types in particular pose a threat to this team since they always run Ground-Type coverage in Earthquake and Earth Power, respectively, and Heatran's devastating quad weakness to Ground-Type coverage means that they almost always score a OHKO on Heatran, which otherwise wall it via Flash Fire.

Psychic-Types (Bulky ones)
While none of these Psychic-Types pose an immediate threat, bulkier ones, such as Mega Latias and Reuniclus prove troublesome for this team due to their huge mixed bulk allowing them to stomach even the strongest super effective hits and retaliate back with either their own coverage in Mega Latias's case, or set up via Acid Armor in Reuniclus's case. However, the latter has to take a hit before setting up via Acid Armor, so keep that in mind when facing Reuniclus, while Mega Latias generally dislikes taking a hit from Magearna. More offensively-oriented psychic-types such as Hoopa-U, Mega Alakazam, and Mega Latios pose more of a threat to this team due to their high attacking stats allowing them to mess up and eliminate this team more effectively but have a harder time switching into a direct hit. Mega Alakazam in particular has to be wary about switching into a direct hit, since it gets OHKOed by all of Mega Heracross's coverage.

Stall Teams
Many stall teams run a nasty combo of Mega Sableye+Chansey, which not only walls this team, but are able to cripple with status in Will-O-Wisp and Toxic, respectively, heal off damage via Recover and Soft-Boiled, respectively, or set up in the case of the former. However, Mega Sableye gets OHKO'ed by Fleur Cannon, while Chansey does not want to stomach a Close Combat from Mega Heracross, so these types of teams are not a reliable way to stop this team. However, the aforementioned strategy is reliant on prediction, so if predicted wrong, they are able to wall this team to no extent.

Mega Garchomp
While it is quite uncommon, it still poses a threat to this team due to being able to effectively eliminate vital parts of this team due to outspeeding every single member of this team and being able to eliminate all of them while being able to eat a hit if whatever's in front of it survives. However, it does not appreciate taking repeated hits, since it gets worn down easily due to lack of recovery, and it has to watch out for Magearna's Fleur Cannon OHKOing it through its mediocre special defense.

Tornadus-T
Again, this thing just outspeeds and effectively stops this team, alebit a little less effectively due to its weaker bulk and a weakness to Mega Heracross's Rock Blast. However, while it may not be the most threatening offensively, due to being walled by Magearna and Heatran, access to Regenerator makes this a tough and annoying foe to face due to being able to recover 1/3 of its HP on the go. It also forces Mega Heracross and Tapu Bulu out, making this even more annoying than Mega Garchomp; however, it needs to watch out for Stone Edge from Landorus, though U-Turn can deny this if needed.

Some replays of this team in practice:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-866600788
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-866697909
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-867671079
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-867679424
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-869174025
~SteelixPrismGX~

(Click sprites for importable!)
Pantheon of Everything (Mega Heracross Bulky Offense)
Mega Heracross has been really good ever since it was introduced in XY. Its absurd attack stat in tandem with respectable bulk makes it really good. However, when Sun and Moon came out, Mega Heracross wasn't available unless there was some sort of event that featured the Heracronite. But now, come USUM, the Heracronite was avaliable, and Heracross was able to wreak havoc on opposing teams once again, like it could in XY. However, lately, I feel that Mega Heracross is slowly slipping out of favor over other megas such as Mega Alakazam and Mega Mawile. However, this does not mean Mega Heracross is a bad wallbreaker. It is still a potent, alebit unexplored one. Will you see the Stag Beetle make it onto the OU radar once again? Or will its efforts slowly burn down in misery and defeat? Let's find out in this RMT.

Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 140 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

I chose this for my mega slot due to its absurdly high attack, respectable bulk, and most importantly, access to good coverage moves such as Rock Blast and Bullet Seed. I ran an Adamant nature because Mega Heracross is supposed to be a physically-based hard-hitter with good coverage options and as you can see, Mega Heracross usually never runs special moves due to its crummy special attack stat. Prior to mega-evolving, I ran Moxie to give Mega Heracross a head-start on hitting hard; however, it is kind of redundant imo since this set just so happens to run SD. An EV spread of 252 Atk /140 SpD /116 Spe is used to [1] boost Mega Heracross's already high attack stat to astronomical levels, [2] make Mega Heracross less likely to die to special attacks (Hurricane still OHKOs though), and [3] make Mega Heracross slightly faster. Onto the moves. Rock Blast is needed to deal with Flying-Types such as Tornadus-T and Mega Pinsir, as well as pokemon that resist its STAB such as Clefable. Bullet Seed in tandem with Tapu Bulu (We're going over this later) allows it to KO Clefable and Defensive Z-Move Lando-T. Close Combat is Mega Heracross's STAB move, and this allows it to deal with Ash-Greninja, Heatran, Mega Tyranitar, and Magnezone decently well. Swords Dance is used to boost Mega Heracross's attack even further and allows it to have an easier time KOing Toxapex. Pin Missile can be used on the last slot instead of Bullet Seed to hit bulky Psychic-Types such as Mega Latias and Reuniclus. Giving up Swords Dance doesn't really harm Mega Heracross per se, however, the inability to break past physically bulky pokemon such as Kartana and Ferrothorn can be annoying. This is essentially the "bread and butter" of the team - or to put it in Smogon language - the big bad wallbreaker for this team.

EVs: 131 HP / 252 Atk / 125 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Because the aforementioned Mega Heracross set is running Bullet Seed, Tapu Bulu's ability to provide Grassy Terrain to boost Bullet Seed makes this a vital part of my team. Leftovers is ran to provide passive recovery since this set isn't running Synthesis. Once again, I ran an Adamant nature to increase Tapu Bulu's offensive pressure even further. Horn Leech provides recovery should Leftovers be purged via Knock Off, which is unsurprisingly common here in the current OverUsed metagame, so having a backup form of recovery is sure nice. Wood Hammer is Tapu Bulu's main STAB move, and while it does cause recoil, it can deal heavy damage to those that don't resist it or take super effective damage from it. Superpower is ran to deal with Steel-Types that might otherwise wall it, and can also be ran to deal with Ash-Greninja, Heatran, etc. However, the former is already hit hard by Wood Hammer and Horn Leech. Swords Dance is ran because this is a bulky offense variant of Tapu Bulu, and it boosts its already decent attack to even greater heights, allowing it to triumph over Magnezone locked into anything that's not Flash Cannon. This is the physical sweeper for my team.

Carbonite (Landorus-Therian) @ Groundium Z
EVs: 125 Atk / 131 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

This team has problems with entry hazards chipping them down, so of course, every competitively viable team will need a good defogger. I chose Lando-T over Torn-T or even Rotom-W due to its ability to exert pressure on a good portion of entry hazard setters. A Jolly nature is ran because this, while still intended to be bulky, needs to actually outspeed most entry hazard setters so that it can Defog on or pressure them. U-Turn forms the first half of the VoltTurn core this team is intended to set, since Mega Heracross is intended to be a wallbreaker, so it appreciates pivoting via U-Turn and/or Volt Switch. Defog provides massive support to this team, removing entry hazards for my team since most of my team is prone to getting worn down by entry hazards. Earthquake is Lando-T's main STAB, and allows it to KO Heatran since Mega Heracross isn't able to check it from the mega slot, in addition to checking some of the top threats here, such as Magearna, Mega Mawile, or even Mega Alakazam. Groundium Z allows Lando-T to turn Earthquake into a 180 base power, physical STAB nuke and KO Magearna and Ash-Greninja from the get-go (Has to survive Water Shuriken or Hydro Pump from the latter, which isn't easy though). This is my Defogger, alebit one with a whole lot of offensive presence.

Spike (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 150 Atk / 106 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA / 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

I chose this for my entry hazard setter due to its enormous bulk allowing to survive a lot of abuse and retaliate with Power Whip or Gyro Ball. Interestingly enough, I chose to run maximum speed EV's to make sure this thing wasn't as sluggish, yet I ran an Adamant nature to boost Ferrothorn's offensive presence. 106 SpD EVs are ran on this set because whatever kills Ferrothorn is usually bound to be a special move, so this is ran to make sure Ferrothorn (Hopefully) survives an Aura Sphere or Dark Pulse. Spikes is a must for every set, chipping down anything that's not Tornadus-T, but even that gets hit hard by Gyro Ball. Power Whip is Ferrothorn's main STAB move, and this combined with some attack investment and high base power makes Ferrothorn less passive than you would think. Leech Seed allows Ferrothorn to regenerate health, especially since this set isn't running Leftovers. Gyro Ball is the "bread and butter" of Ferrothorn offensively; being able to abuse faster threats, namely those in the base 100s and above is a pretty big thing since almost all of them are weak or take neutral damage from Gyro Ball. Defensively, Rocky Helmet+Iron Barbs allows Ferrothorn to punish physical attackers that rely on contact moves such as Mega Heracross, Mega Pinsir, and Fire Fang variants of Gliscor.

FlareTech (Heatran) (M) @ Steelium Z
EVs: 120 Def / 252 SpA / 120 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Magma Storm
- Taunt

I chose this as part of my team due to its ability to cripple stall teams via Taunt (Assuming whatever's in front of it doesn't switch out into Mega Sableye), and providing nice coverage, being able to check certain threats that many of my teammates wouldn't be able to do or have great difficulty doing so. 120 EVs for both sides of bulk allow it to survive a lot of abuse from many of the top threats in OverUsed, such as Ash-Greninja and Lando-T, to name a few. Earth Power provides strong coverage, hitting opposing Heatran, Mega Charizard X, and Blacephon for a solid amount of damage. It also hits Magnezone as well, something that normally traps it, though it's already walled due to not being able to hit Heatran very well due to running choice items more often than not. Flash Cannon is Heatran's secondary STAB, and this can hit threats such as Tapu Bulu and Tapu Lele quite hard, though the latter likely won't get 2HKO'd by it. Flash Cannon + Steelium Z allows it to OHKO Tapu Lele, Tapu Koko, and allows it to hit even Tapu Fini hard. Magma Storm is Heatran's main STAB move, and this allows it to hit Magearna even harder as well as trapping and chipping down many annoying pokemon for my team, such as Celesteela, though it can ward off said issue with Leech Seed, but is otherwise vulnerable to Taunt. Okay, Taunt is essentially the second and final part of the "MagmaTaunt" part of this team; it disallows Celesteela from getting up Leech Seed, and this combined with Magma Storm's trapping effect makes Celesteela essentially useless against Heatran. Oh and also, if Mega Sableye already died, then Taunt renders many stall teams almost useless. This is my special sweeper for the team.

Mecha Queen (Magearna) @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 128 Def / 252 SpA / 128 SpD
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon

I chose this as my cleric due to [1] being able to pivot in Mega Heracross safely, [2], being able to provide Heal Bell support, and [3] being able to shift its matchups depending on what it runs. Essentially, this set makes Magearna a pivot (and a cleric). Volt Switch is what makes Magearna part of the VoltTurn core this team is intended to make, namely since Mega Heracross is a wallbreaker, so it appreciates VoltTurn users such as Magearna and Lando-T pivoting out and bringing it in safely. Heal Bell is the main reason I put this on my team; while I haven't seen others actually use Heal Bell on Magearna, it's still a useful move, removing status conditions, particularly because over half of this team does not want to get burned, since it cripples them and disallows them to attack. Of course, Mega Heracross can somewhat remedy this via Swords Dance, however, that is just inefficient since you're going to get forced out by Tornadus-T. Fleur Cannon is essentially Magearna's main STAB move, and this hits Ash-Greninja, Garchomp, and Mega Latias quite nice and hard. The special attack drops are annoying, but this is why I ran Fairium Z for this set; being able to nuke Mega Latias once without the added special attack drops is sure nice. Flash Cannon is a backup STAB move; it hits Tapu Lele, Mega Tyranitar, and Tapu Bulu nice and hard, securing a OHKO on the latter, while Mega Tyranitar has the chance to survive even that, only being 2HKO'ed at best by Flash Cannon.

Fire-Types (I'm looking at you two in particular)
This team is built with pokemon that are generally weak to fire-type coverage, such as Mega Heracross and Tapu Bulu, to name a few. If they don't look threatening on paper, then why are they so threatening? Well, simply put, their STAB combo allows them to eliminate vital parts of this team, namely Magearna via Flare Blitz/Earthquake, Earth Power/Magma Storm, Fire Blast, and Mind Blown respectively, and the rest is all history. These two fire-types in particular pose a threat to this team since they always run Ground-Type coverage in Earthquake and Earth Power, respectively, and Heatran's devastating quad weakness to Ground-Type coverage means that they almost always score a OHKO on Heatran, which otherwise wall it via Flash Fire.

Psychic-Types (Bulky ones)
While none of these Psychic-Types pose an immediate threat, bulkier ones, such as Mega Latias and Reuniclus prove troublesome for this team due to their huge mixed bulk allowing them to stomach even the strongest super effective hits and retaliate back with either their own coverage in Mega Latias's case, or set up via Acid Armor in Reuniclus's case. However, the latter has to take a hit before setting up via Acid Armor, so keep that in mind when facing Reuniclus, while Mega Latias generally dislikes taking a hit from Magearna. More offensively-oriented psychic-types such as Hoopa-U, Mega Alakazam, and Mega Latios pose more of a threat to this team due to their high attacking stats allowing them to mess up and eliminate this team more effectively but have a harder time switching into a direct hit. Mega Alakazam in particular has to be wary about switching into a direct hit, since it gets OHKOed by all of Mega Heracross's coverage.

Stall Teams
Many stall teams run a nasty combo of Mega Sableye+Chansey, which not only walls this team, but are able to cripple with status in Will-O-Wisp and Toxic, respectively, heal off damage via Recover and Soft-Boiled, respectively, or set up in the case of the former. However, Mega Sableye gets OHKO'ed by Fleur Cannon, while Chansey does not want to stomach a Close Combat from Mega Heracross, so these types of teams are not a reliable way to stop this team. However, the aforementioned strategy is reliant on prediction, so if predicted wrong, they are able to wall this team to no extent.

Mega Garchomp
While it is quite uncommon, it still poses a threat to this team due to being able to effectively eliminate vital parts of this team due to outspeeding every single member of this team and being able to eliminate all of them while being able to eat a hit if whatever's in front of it survives. However, it does not appreciate taking repeated hits, since it gets worn down easily due to lack of recovery, and it has to watch out for Magearna's Fleur Cannon OHKOing it through its mediocre special defense.

Tornadus-T
Again, this thing just outspeeds and effectively stops this team, alebit a little less effectively due to its weaker bulk and a weakness to Mega Heracross's Rock Blast. However, while it may not be the most threatening offensively, due to being walled by Magearna and Heatran, access to Regenerator makes this a tough and annoying foe to face due to being able to recover 1/3 of its HP on the go. It also forces Mega Heracross and Tapu Bulu out, making this even more annoying than Mega Garchomp; however, it needs to watch out for Stone Edge from Landorus, though U-Turn can deny this if needed.

Some replays of this team in practice:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-866600788
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-866697909
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-867671079
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-867679424
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-869174025
~SteelixPrismGX~
You're wasting EVs on Ferrothorn. Not only does Ferrothorn not need to be fast (in fact, you want it to be slow so your Gyro Ball is more powerful), but 128 Speed EVs with 31 Speed IVs yields the same results as running max EVs with 0 IVs. Frankly, I would just use the dex's EV spread of Careful 252/0/24/0/232/0.

Aside from that, this team looks pretty solid!

You're wasting EVs on Ferrothorn. Not only does Ferrothorn not need to be fast (in fact, you want it to be slow so your Gyro Ball is more powerful), but 128 Speed EVs with 31 Speed IVs yields the same results as running max EVs with 0 IVs. Frankly, I would just use the dex's EV spread of Careful 252/0/24/0/232/0.

Aside from that, this team looks pretty solid!
Thanks for the feedback! I never really knew that I was wasting my EVs on Ferrothorn's speed though... well, it's too late to change it... :(

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi there,

I came up with a few suggestions that can help out with your threatlist. I agree that Fire-types look very threatening to this team. Mega Charizard X, Heatran, and Hidden Power Ground Volcarona all look really tough to deal with. With this in mind, I'd like to suggest a single mon swap and several set tweaks. I'd suggest changing your Magearna to a Thunder Wave variant of Rotom-W. Rotom-W provides the same Volt Switch slow-pivot role Magearna did to bring your wallbreakers in safely while giving you some counterplay to Heatran. Thunder Wave in conjunction with a later change will also give you counterplay to Zard X. You need to keep Rotom-W healthy while playing against most of these threats, so I'm suggesting keeping Pain Split on it and slotting Thunder Wave over Will-O-Wisp, as many Will-O-Wisp targets can be punished by Volt Switching into Heracross. Rotom-W is also useful versus Tornadus-T, which can also be threatening versus your build as you've mentioned.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

Next, I'd suggest switching Landorus-T to a Choice Scarf variant. It gives you an additional way to play around Zard X and other troublesome Fire-types when paired with TWave Rotom, can force out Torn-T with Stone Edge, and is generally a very helpful set to give your team additional Speed. Additionally, using multiple Z-Moves on the same team can make your sets less effective overall since you can only use one Z-Move a game, so I'd like to leave Heatran as the sole Z-Move user on the team while optimizing your other sets.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 244 Atk / 68 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Defog

Stealth Rock is useful on every team, especially with how hard it punishes Fire-types and the Flying-types that can try to come in versus Heracross and Tapu Bulu. Given this, I'd suggest running Stealth Rock on Heatran as well as using Groundium Z over Steelium Z to help versus Toxapex, since it looks really annoying to deal with right now if it burns Bulu or Heracross, especially when using Rotom-W over Heal Bell Magearna to handle Fire-types.

Heatran @ Groundium Z
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

To give you some extra consistency versus Psychic-types and Ash-Gren, I'd suggest going fully specially defensive on Tapu Bulu with Synthesis and Horn Leech to stay healthy throughout the course of the match. Going fully specially defensive also lets this Bulu survive super effective hits from Heatran and Tornadus-T at max health in a pinch, which is also really helpful on this team. Max HP also lets this Bulu take an Ice Punch from Mega Medicham after Stealth Rock, which can be really nice, since it's another threatening Pokemon.
: SDef SD Synthesis
Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Synthesis

As for Ferrothorn, along with the EV change, I'd recommend slotting Thunder Wave here over Gyro Ball. This lets you catch mons like Heatran, Zard Y, etc. if they try to switch in, and making these mons slower than Heracross is great for your team. This may seem redundant with TWave already on Rotom-W, but trust me when I say TWave Ferro is incredibly useful on this build for its ability to deny opposing Fire-types good switchins. You can consider keeping Gyro Ball on the set over Spikes to punish Torn-T harder to take some pressure off of Rotom-W, but for now I've left Spikes on the set. I'm recommending Chople Berry on Ferrothorn to let you potentially sneak a TWave on Mega Medicham and to help more against Psychic-spam teams. This should be alright since you have Grassy Terrain + Leech Seed to keep your Ferro healthy enough to take an HJK, but be mindful that you still need to be healthy for this to work. Since you have specially defensive Bulu to help out against Ash-Gren, I've also used a more physically defensive Ferrothorn spread to increase the odds of this working out.

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

Finally, EVs have to be divisible by 4 or they don't give you any extra stats. Keeping this in mind, I've optimized your EV spreads in the final importable. I'd also like to change Heracross around a little. Since you've got Swords Dance and Spikes + Stealth Rock, I feel you can get away with running a Jolly nature. The Speed investment I have lets you outspeed Timid Heatran before Mega Evolving and Modest Heatran afterwards. However, if after testing, you feel comfortable enough vs Tran with Rotom-W, feel free to switch this back to Adamant for the power. I just figure it's nice to take some pressure off of Rotom since its recovery isn't the greatest. I've shifted some EVs into HP rather than Special Defense to help versus Kartana while still providing a little bit of extra bulk versus special attacks. The 64 HP EVs end up working out nicely since they prevent Scarf Smart Strike from 2HKOing after Stealth Rock more than 90% of the time and also keep a Grassy Terrain-boosted Leaf Blade from 2HKOing Mega Heracross after Stealth Rock without taking away any investment from Attack, letting you still punish things like Clefable with your own Grassy Terrain-boosted Bullet Seed. Since adding Rotom-W removes the team's cleric, I've also changed pre-Mega Heracross to Guts as a backup insurance versus burn, and Moxie isn't too necessary with a Swords Dance set.
: EV Changes, Guts Pre-Mega
Heracross-Mega (M) @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance

As for threats, watch out for Mega Medicham. Bulu can eat a hit from full, so keep it healthy with Synthesis or Horn Leeches. Prioritize getting damage off on it so you can force it out with Lando. With Chople Berry, you can also sneak a TWave on it with Ferro if you keep Ferro healthy enough. You should also be careful when up against Rockium Z Garchomp. You have ways to play around it with Bulu, Mega Heracross, and Rotom-W, but without Wisp on Rotom-W, you have to be careful not to let it boost up with Swords Dance and tear too big of a hole in your team.

If you have any questions on any of the sets, let me know. Hope this helps!

Final importable:
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance

Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
- Synthesis

Carbonite (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Defog

Spike (Ferrothorn) @ Chople Berry
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

FlareTech (Heatran) @ Groundium Z
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Hey, I feel in debt with you for the last time, so let's work. This time you bring something more acceptable, at least for the team members. Your move choices and some explanations reflect some knowledge of the format, but God, what the hell are those spreads and why three Z-crystals? WHY?

I tried to rebuild the team with the members you have, I don't think this will be good as a rate, but a least is a pedagogical exercise.
Disclaimer: I'm not the best builder nor player, yet I have some insight.

EVs - 252 HP | 4 Def | 252 Spe.

Heracross is the proof that your EVs are random; what important benchmark do you reach with 215 speed? No one. Imo the important ones could be 200 (Mawile) 224 (Tyranitar, Rotom, some defensive Landos) and 243 (adamant Bisharp, Zapdos!). After that last one, in which you hit Zapdos before it tries to paralyze you, you have few to invest in bulk, so I just go max to speed tie with other M-Meracross and offensive Bulus.
The moves are perfect.

I have seen teams with two Z-crystals, but in those cases responds to an extremely precise need (that you don't have at all). Three is just absurd.

Fairium Z

EVs - 252 SpA | 4 SpD | 252 Spe
Nature - Timid
Calm Mind | Shift Gear | Fleur Cannon | Focus Blast

Investing in HP is better than in both defenses separately, except in the case of mons with ridiculous HP like Alomomola or Snorlax. Anyway, I changed the set to an offensive one, as the team lacked a good sweeper. I see Magearna using a Z-move to theaten offensive builds and clean, while Heracross hurts bulky builds. Double dance sets are nasty due to how easily they can desvastate weakened teams with Soul-Heart boosts. Fairium Z + Focus Blast gives good coverage with your most powerful nuke. You need to be aware of Toxapex tho and never try to set-up until it is gone. Thunderbolt is an option over Calm Mind, but you lost power against bulky teams.

Now we can try to build a defensive backbone.

Leftovers

EVs - 248 HP | 56 Def | 200 SpD | 4 Spe
Nature - Careful
Horn Leech | Superpower | Swords Dance | Protect

Bulu is a smart choice of yours because of how much it provides to Heracross, Mag and Heatran (recovery and EQ resistance). You really want it to be bulkier and the reasons are so many:
  • Is one the best mons to have against rain, walling rain sweepers and stalling turns.
  • You only need the mere SD to be offensively threatening.
  • Is a 24/7 pivot into electric and water attacks.
  • Is so stupid broken that is always at full HP.
  • Alongside Heatran can decently deal with Lele, an enormous headche for many teams.
  • It alone is a good switch-in to Alakazam
  • Hits Pex hard if necessary.
Etc.

Leftovers

EVs - 252 HP | 4 SpD | 252 Spe
Nature - Timid
Magma Storm | Earth Power | Taunt | Stealth Rock

Again, investing in HP is better than in both defenses separately. Heatran is nasty when paired with Bulu, together they guard against so much stuff, so nice pick. Your original moveset is amazing for dismantling passive teams, but I chose to have confidence in Heracross in order to regain some of Hetran's utility. You didn't have rocks, so here they are. A bulky trapper set can get rid of Pex for Magearna, and is in general a nightmare for passive mons. Max speed utility is a kinda dated set, but if the team lacks a good switch-in for opposing Heatran (my bad, I couldn't fix that) you can at least ensure that you are the fastest Tran to hit with Earth Power.

Your team gets mercilessly 6-0ed by Medicham. On the other hand, Ferro + Bulu and, to some extent, Ferro + Tran is defensively redundant.

Rocky Helmet
-->
Rocky Helmet

EVs - 64 HP | 252 Def | 192 Spe
Nature - Timid
Hurricane | U-Turn | Knock Off | Defog

SPEED ON FERRO, OH GOD WHY, WHY?

Tornadus, while not the best, is a good Medi switch-in and gives you utility you lacked, like Knock Off or more momentum. This spread is mine and gives you the best possible rolls against physical attackers, while outpacing Serperior. It is sad to lose the Spikes but this gives you a better defensive backbone.

Your team is so slow.

EVs - 244Atk | 68 Def | 196 Spe
Nature - Jolly
Earthquake | U-Turn | Explosion | Rock Slide

Scarf Lando gives you a needed speed control. With Torn having defog you are free to run Explosion, move that has a wide revenge killing range and is specially useful against Hawlucha. Rock Slide is an accurate tool for dealing with Mega-Pinsir.
Groundium Z is not a common pick but if you want to use I recommend this crazy wall destroying set.

The Squad:

OMG Just saw another rate a second ago, I was so concentrated. Well that's more feedback for you to take advantage of.
Hope this was useful.

Last edited:

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey, I feel in debt with you for the last time, so let's work. This time you bring something more acceptable, at least for the team members. Your move choices and some explanations reflect some knowledge of the format, but God, what the hell are those spreads and why three Z-crystals? WHY?

I tried to rebuild the team with the members you have, I don't think this will be good as a rate, but a least is a pedagogical exercise.
Disclaimer: I'm not the best builder nor player, yet I have some insight.

EVs - 252 HP | 4 Def | 252 Spe.

Heracross is the proof that your EVs are random; what important benchmark do you reach with 215 speed? No one. Imo the important ones could be 200 (Mawile) 224 (Tyranitar, Rotom, some defensive Landos) and 243 (Adamant bisharp, Zapdos!). After that last one, in which you hit Zapdos before it tries to paralyze you, you have few to invest in bulk, so I just go max to speed tie with other M-Meracross and offensive Bulus.
The moves are perfect.

I have seen teams with two Z-crystals, but in those cases responds to an extremely precise need (that you don't have at all). Three is just absurd.

Fairium Z

EVs - 252 SpA | 4 SpD | 252 Spe
Nature - Timid
Calm Mind | Shift Gear | Fleur Cannon | Focus Blast

Investing in HP is better than in both defenses separately, except in the case of mons with ridiculous HP like Alomomola or Snorlax. Anyway, I changed the set to an offensive one, as the team lacked a good sweeper. I see Magearna using a Z-move to theaten offensive builds and clean, while Heracross hurts bulky builds. Double dance sets are nasty due to how easily they can desvastate weakened teams with Soul-Heart boosts. Fairium Z + Focus Blast gives good coverage with your most powerful nuke. You need to be aware of Toxapex tho and never try to set-up until it is gone. Thunderbolt is an option over Calm Mind, but you lost power against bulky teams.

Now we can try to build a defensive backbone.

Leftovers

EVs - 248 HP | 56 Def | 200 SpD | 4 Spe
Nature - Careful
Horn Leech | Superpower | Swords Dance | Protect

Bulu is a smart choice of yours because of how much it provides to Heracross, Mag and Heatran (recovery and EQ resistance). You really want it to be bulkier and there reasons are so many:
  • Is one the best mons to have against rain, walling rain sweepers and stalling turns.
  • You only need the mere SD to be offensively threatening.
  • Is a 24/7 pivot into electric and water attacks.
  • Is so stupid broken that is always at full HP.
  • Alongside Heatran can decently deal with Lele, an enormous headche for many teams.
  • It alone is a good switch-in to Alakazam
  • Hits Pex hard if necessary.
Etc.

Leftovers

EVs - 252 HP | 4 SpD | 252 Spe
Nature - Timid
Magma Storm | Earth Power | Taunt | Stealth Rock

Again, investing in HP is better than in both defenses separately. Heatran is nasty when paired with Bulu, together they guard against so much stuff, so nice pick. Your original moveset is amazing for dismantling passive teams, but I chose to have confidence in Heracross in order to regain some of Hetran's utility. You didn't have rocks, so here they are. A bulky trapper set can get rid of Pex for Magearna, and is in general a nightmare for passive mons. Max speed utility is a kinda dated set, but if the team lacks a good switch-in for opposing Heatran (my bad, I couldn't fix that) you can at least ensure that you are the fastest Tran to hit with Earth Power.

Your team gets mercilessly 6-0ed by Medicham. On the other hand, Ferro + Bulu and, to some extent, Ferro + Tran is defensively redundant.

Rocky Helmet
-->
Rocky Helmet

EVs - 64 HP | 252 Def | 192 Spe
Nature - Timid
Hurricane | U-Turn | Knock Off | Defog

SPEED ON FERRO, OH GOD WHY, WHY?

Tornadus, while not the best, is a good Medi switch-in and gives you utility you lacked, like Knock Off or more momentum. This spread is mine and gives you the best possible rolls against physical attackers, while outpacing Serperior. It is sad to lose the Spikes but this gives you a better defensive backbone.

Your team is so slow.

EVs - 244Atk | 68 Def | 196 Spe
Nature - Naive
Earthquake | U-Turn | Explosion | Rock Slide

Scarf Lando gives you a needed speed control. With Torn having defog you are free to run Explosion, move that has a wide revenge killing range and is specially useful against hawlucha. Rock Slide is an accurate tool of dealing with Mega-Pinsir.
Groundium Z is not a common pick but if you want to use I recommend this crazy wall destroying set.

The Squad:

OMG Just saw another rate a second ago, I was so concentrated. Well that's more feedback for you to take advantage of.
Hope this was useful.
Definitely support the idea of swapping out Ferro. Torn is nice for picking up speed and helping versus Mega Medi, and another possible option someone brought up to me was Ash-Gren to keep spikes with the speed while punishing your threats.

Hi there,

I came up with a few suggestions that can help out with your threatlist. I agree that Fire-types look very threatening to this team. Mega Charizard X, Heatran, and Hidden Power Ground Volcarona all look really tough to deal with. With this in mind, I'd like to suggest a single mon swap and several set tweaks. I'd suggest changing your Magearna to a Thunder Wave variant of Rotom-W. Rotom-W provides the same Volt Switch slow-pivot role Magearna did to bring your wallbreakers in safely while giving you some counterplay to Heatran. Thunder Wave in conjunction with a later change will also give you counterplay to Zard X. You need to keep Rotom-W healthy while playing against most of these threats, so I'm suggesting keeping Pain Split on it and slotting Thunder Wave over Will-O-Wisp, as many Will-O-Wisp targets can be punished by Volt Switching into Heracross. Rotom-W is also useful versus Tornadus-T, which can also be threatening versus your build as you've mentioned.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

Next, I'd suggest switching Landorus-T to a Choice Scarf variant. It gives you an additional way to play around Zard X and other troublesome Fire-types when paired with TWave Rotom, can force out Torn-T with Stone Edge, and is generally a very helpful set to give your team additional Speed. Additionally, using multiple Z-Moves on the same team can make your sets less effective overall since you can only use one Z-Move a game, so I'd like to leave Heatran as the sole Z-Move user on the team while optimizing your other sets.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Defog

Stealth Rock is useful on every team, especially with how hard it punishes Fire-types and the Flying-types that can try to come in versus Heracross and Tapu Bulu. Given this, I'd suggest running Stealth Rock on Heatran as well as using Groundium Z over Steelium Z to help versus Toxapex, since it looks really annoying to deal with right now if it burns Bulu or Heracross, especially when using Rotom-W over Heal Bell Magearna to handle Fire-types.

Heatran @ Groundium Z
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

To give you some extra consistency versus Psychic-types and Ash-Gren, I'd suggest going fully specially defensive on Tapu Bulu with Synthesis and Horn Leech to stay healthy throughout the course of the match. Going fully specially defensive also lets this Bulu survive super effective hits from Heatran and Tornadus-T at max health in a pinch, which is also really helpful on this team. Max HP also lets this Bulu take an Ice Punch from Mega Medicham after Stealth Rock, which can be really nice, since it's another threatening Pokemon.
: SDef SD Synthesis
Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Synthesis

As for Ferrothorn, along with the EV change, I'd recommend slotting Thunder Wave here over Gyro Ball. This lets you catch mons like Heatran, Zard Y, etc. if they try to switch in, and making these mons slower than Heracross is great for your team. This may seem redundant with TWave already on Rotom-W, but trust me when I say TWave Ferro is incredibly useful on this build for its ability to deny opposing Fire-types good switchins. You can consider keeping Gyro Ball on the set over Spikes to punish Torn-T harder to take some pressure off of Rotom-W, but for now I've left Spikes on the set. I'm recommending Chople Berry on Ferrothorn to let you potentially sneak a TWave on Mega Medicham and to help more against Psychic-spam teams. This should be alright since you have Grassy Terrain + Leech Seed to keep your Ferro healthy enough to take an HJK, but be mindful that you still need to be healthy for this to work. Since you have specially defensive Bulu to help out against Ash-Gren, I've also used a more physically defensive Ferrothorn spread to increase the odds of this working out.

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

Finally, EVs have to be divisible by 4 or they don't give you any extra stats. Keeping this in mind, I've optimized your EV spreads in the final importable. I'd also like to change Heracross around a little. Since you've got Swords Dance and Spikes + Stealth Rock, I feel you can get away with running a Jolly nature. The Speed investment I have lets you outspeed Timid Heatran before Mega Evolving and Modest Heatran afterwards. However, if after testing, you feel comfortable enough vs Tran with Rotom-W, feel free to switch this back to Adamant for the power. I just figure it's nice to take some pressure off of Rotom since its recovery isn't the greatest. I've shifted some EVs into HP rather than Special Defense to help versus Kartana while still providing a little bit of extra bulk versus special attacks. The 64 HP EVs end up working out nicely since they prevent Scarf Smart Strike from 2HKOing after Stealth Rock more than 90% of the time and also keep a Grassy Terrain-boosted Leaf Blade from 2HKOing Mega Heracross after Stealth Rock without taking away any investment from Attack, letting you still punish things like Clefable with your own Grassy Terrain-boosted Bullet Seed. Since adding Rotom-W removes the team's cleric, I've also changed pre-Mega Heracross to Guts as a backup insurance versus burn, and Moxie isn't too necessary with a Swords Dance set.
: EV Changes, Guts Pre-Mega
Heracross-Mega (M) @ Heracronite
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance

As for threats, watch out for Mega Medicham. Bulu can eat a hit from full, so keep it healthy with Synthesis or Horn Leeches. Prioritize getting damage off on it so you can force it out with Lando. With Chople Berry, you can also sneak a TWave on it with Ferro if you keep Ferro healthy enough. You should also be careful when up against Rockium Z Garchomp. You have ways to play around it with Bulu, Mega Heracross, and Rotom-W, but without Wisp on Rotom-W, you have to be careful not to let it boost up with Swords Dance and tear too big of a hole in your team.

If you have any questions on any of the sets, let me know. Hope this helps!

Final importable:
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance

Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
- Synthesis

Carbonite (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Defog

Spike (Ferrothorn) @ Chople Berry
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

FlareTech (Heatran) @ Groundium Z
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
I certainly appreciate the suggestions, however, this gives this team EVEN more problems:
1st, this team revision simply can't even deal with Mega Garchomp; while uncommon, this thing has been picking up some steam recently, and Magearna is the only pokemon that's able to deal with it on this team, since it blows through it with Fleur Cannon, and nothing else does nearly enough damage to do so. Sure, it's weak to its Earthquake and Fire Fang, but Rotom-W simply isn't able to deal with it while it risks getting KOed by its Dragon Claw or Stone Edge. Thunder Wave won't even affect Mega Garchomp due to not ignoring type immunity, so basically this team is hopeless against Mega Garchomp.

2nd, this team revision now has problems with "SableChan" stalls, since again, Magearna + Heracross is able to break this team apart, with the former essentially dealing with Mega Sableye, while the latter is able to utterly destroy Chansey with Close Combat. You are still able to deal with Chansey, but you essentially are left hopeless against Mega Sableye, since nothing wears it down, making it literally impossible without Magearna to destroy it before it walls everything on this team thanks to access to reliable recovery, so even if it takes too much damage, it'll be able to heal it all of with Recover.

3rd, it now has a poor matchup against Mega Latias and her big bro, Mega Latios. Again, Magearna is simply the solution to all of this, putting her out of the picture would put this matchup in jeopardy. Mega Latias utterly walls this team, and without super effective coverage you're not going to be able to break past her, while she can fry this team with her coverage. Mega Latios is different; it's easier to break, but this thing proves even more disastrous to this team due to its offensive prowess and coverage, namely, breaking everything in this team revision with Psychic, killing Rotom-W with Draco Meteor or Psychic, and outright KOing Heatran and Lando-T with Earthquake and Ice Beam, respectively.

Finally, and most importantly, there is simply no way to heal status, which is why I stacked Magearna on this team instead of Rotom-W. Even with Guts, Heracross loses this upon mega evolving, and with no way to heal status, at the end of the day, I generally do not like Rotom-W on a team where literally almost all of your teammates get crippled by Will-O-Wisp. Generally speaking, Magearna is in fact more useful than Rotom-W; it does almost everything Rotom-W does, but adds some more perks to it as well. Volt Switch still gives it a good matchup against Torn-T, but you could use simply any strong attack in general and that would OHKO or 2HKO it anyways.

This revision is fine, nothing is wrong about it, but I wanted to talk about more problems this team revision simply has. I also would have pointed out that the revised EVs for Tapu Bulu just make it very passive, but that's nothing too big.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)