SS OU ParaSight RMT (Scarf Blace Ft. Twave Ferrothorn)

1650465737457.png
1650465743055.png
1650465747975.png

1650465752300.png
1650465756506.png
1650465761079.png

ParaSight RMT
Scarf Blacephalon Ft. Twave Ferrothorn

https://pokepast.es/fe0cbd5bb65b046c
(new paste in comments)

Hello, welcome to the ParaSight RMT. The basic idea for the team was to build a balance offense around Scarf Blacephalon, something that could break down fatter teams and Beat Up offenses that might normally bother some forms of balance a lot.

Teambuilding:

:blacephalon: :moon ball: :quick ball: :luxury ball: :safari Ball: :dive ball:

Scarf Blacephalon was my first pick, and became part of the core I wanted to build with.

:Blacephalon: :moon ball: :quick ball: :Landorus-therian: :safari Ball: :dive ball:

I wanted a tank that would grant some momentum and utility, Landorus happens to be very splashable and fit the role.

:Blacephalon: :moon ball: :quick ball: :Landorus-therian: :safari Ball: :Slowbro:

After Landorus and Blacephalon I wanted to ensure I had a water resist which could bring safe momentum to the team, Slowbro fulfills this role. With Colbur Berry it checks Weavile and Bisharp (bar Beat Up) which could otherwise exploit the current core easily, and Future Sight bolsters Blacephalon's breaking ability.

:Blacephalon: :Weavile: :quick ball: :Landorus-therian: :safari Ball: :Slowbro:

I realized Weavile could benefit from Slowbro as well. Weavile gives the team a Ghost-type resist, as well as some offensive leverage against Tornadus and Garchomp which can otherwise violate this team.

:Blacephalon: :Weavile: :Zapdos: :Landorus-therian: :safari Ball: :Slowbro:

The team didn't have much to check Kartana, Rillaboom, bulky Water-types, and the other birds. It forms a nice defensive core with Slowbro and Landorus, which maintains momentum and keeps the team from being too stagnant.

:Blacephalon: :Weavile: :Zapdos: :Landorus-therian: :Ferrothorn: :Slowbro:

At this point the team had a pretty big hole to CM Clefable and greedy choice or boost attackers, which were manageable but nonetheless difficult to play around. I chose Twave + Iron Head Ferrothorn to manage this issue, as it can cripple said greedy choice or boost attackers and allow its teammates to pick them off. Ferrothorn has the added benefit of bluffing certain coverage and covering annoying random Pinkacross threats, which this team appreciates.

Sets:

:ss/blacephalon:
Blacephalon @ Choice Scarf :choice scarf:
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Overheat
- Trick

The basic choice attacker Blacephalon set. Strong Ghost and Fire-Type stabs to pair with high speed and Trick for crippling special walls.

:ss/Weavile:
Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots :heavy-duty boots:
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Triple Axel / Low Kick
- Swords Dance

The standard SD Weavile Set, a dangerous lategame sweeper which benefits from Blacephalon's speed control and breaking ability. Your coverage can change depending on your preference. Triple Axel for more overall power as a strong Ice Stab, and Low Kick for steels that might otherwise give you trouble such as Ferrothorn or Melmetal.

:ss/zapdos:
Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots :heavy-duty boots:
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Roost

Bulky Zapdos with no Defog to maintain momentum and reduce prediction reliance. The Volt Switch sets tend to lose momentum in front of ground types, however, U-Turn is guaranteed momentum that allows us to run Discharge as a way to annoy things like Slowking-Galar, Heatran, and other resists. 20 Spe EVs here to get around Timid Magnezone and Bisharp, which otherwise outspeed bulky Zapdos.

:ss/landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers :leftovers:
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 23 Spe
- Defog
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Earthquake

SpD Defog Landorus, as Zapdos doesn't run Defog. With the support of Zapdos and Ferrothorn, crippling Heatran isn't a difficult task with some predictions. This can give the team a way to artifically increase Landorus's longevity because it isn't as stressed checking it, meaning your Defogger is around for longer.

:ss/ferrothorn:
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers :leftovers:
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

As mentioned, Ferrothorn is here to ease matchup against CM Clefable and choice or boost attackers, in addition to a few others. It is the rocker of the team, as Landorus cannot afford to run Stealth Rock. 12 Spe EVs creeps other Ferrothorn and outspeeds Clefable once it is paralyzed, which allows it to Para-Flinch Clefable. Iron Head is a great neutral, and a way to surprise Ninetales-A that might otherwise assume it is safe in front of Ferrothorn.

:ss/slowbro:
Slowbro @ Colbur Berry :colbur berry:
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Body Press
- Slack Off
- Teleport

Standard Future-port Slowbro. It supports the offensive presence and keeps our things like Buzzwole, Urshifu-R, Zapdos-G, as well as Toxapex and weakened walls. Colbur Berry lets it check Weavile and Bisharp barring Beat Up, which gives this team some defensive leniency when needed.

Major Threats:

:ss/clefable:
Flamethrower + CM

The game ends if conditions for stopping it aren't met. It needs to be Paralyzed and brought down by Iron Head or another STAB (I.E. Triple Axel, Eq), OR you need to Trick Choice Scarf onto it. Unaware sets with Aromatherapy are also an issue, as they remove the status that the team makes progress with.

:ss/seismitoad: :ss/gastrodon: :ss/swampert: :ss/quagsire:
Bulky Water / Ground-types

Bulky Ground / Water-types really annoy this team, as Ferrothorn does not have Power Whip. You will rely on your neutrals a lot, in addition to Toxic from Landorus. Gastrodon is the most manageable of the 4, as Sticky Hold means it takes max from Weavile everytime and Storm Drain isn't doing anything for it.

:ss/Heatran:
Eruption + Air Balloon

Eruption + Air Balloon slams this team, as there are limited switches and most of the time there isn't a reason for Heatran to NOT click Eruption out of the gate. You'll always end up sacking something to it unless your opponent is a little too conservative with their use of it. Try chipping it down and use your faster breakers to your advantage. If they get greedy at the start of the match and you lead Ferrothorn, Knock off or Twave are easy clicks. However, this should be done sparingly because Ferrothorn provides a lot of defensive utility.

:ss/Zeraora:
Bulk Up

Zeraora violates this team most of the time, especially if stacked with a bulky SpD wall that Blacephalon has trouble getting past as you might need to Trick. Either keep Landorus very healthy or wear down Zeraora gradually so it is in range of Blacephalon with Scarf.

:ss/Pelipper:
( :Seismitoad: :Zapdos: :Thundurus-Therian: )
Rain

Rain isn't always the most troublesome, but with Seismitoad, Zapdos, and Thundurus-Therian it is significantly less pleasant to face. When paired with other fast rain members like Barraskewda it breaks the camel's back and the core needs to play very carefully so as to not get quickly put away. Watch your opponent's progress and be aggressive, Ferrothorn is a valuable asset and if your opponent gets greedy even more so.

:ss/Magnezone:
ID + BP / Specs

If Magnezone traps and removes Ferrothorn your Rocks go out the window, especially if they have a defogger like Corviknight. Specs is less imposing because it is somewhat prediction reliant, but busts holes in this team regardless. Be careful around it, get Blacephalon or Low Kick Weavile in consistently and put your opponent on their backfoot.

:ss/tapu lele:
Specs / Scarf / CM

You have a few ways around it, though it is devastating if your checks aren't kept healthy. Tapu Lele that get greedy or don't have Focus Blast can be crippled by Ferrothorn, while Blacephalon can check it. Your tankier builds can sponge a hit or two before becoming fodder, so they can help to check Lele as well.

:ss/Aegislash: :ss/dragapult: :ss/Blacephalon:
Ghost-types

They blow holes in the team if you aren't careful, and will almost always claim a kill. Ironically, Scarf Blacephalon is the most imposing, while Dragapult and Aegislash pose a similar threat. Keep your checks healthly, and pay aggressively so the Ghost-types don't keep you on your back foot.

:ss/volcarona:
It's Volcarona.

Similarly to Clefable, if conditions for stopping it aren't met you auto-lose. Keep Landorus Healthy, catch it off-guard if it gets too greedy, and play so you keep your opponent reacting. This gives them less chances to facilitate a sweep and minimizes your overall necessary risks.

[EDIT]

:ss/tapu fini:
CM + Taunt

Tapu Fini is much like Volcarona or Clefable in the sense that, if left unaccounted for, it can become a game ending sweeper. This one is especially dangerous for the reason that it doesn't get shut down by Thunder Wave, and even if you stall turns Tapu Fini can always click Taunt. You shouldn't let it get past one or two boosts, at which point you're just praying to land a crit with Zapdos or paralyze it once the terrain runs out. This issue can be alleviated by running a more offensive Zapdos set, but that gives up a lot of bulk on Zapdos for things like Kartana or Rillaboom that it wants to check.

Replays:

I don't have any replays at the moment, I'm prone to never saving anything and just clicking out. I'll work in this in the future once some kinks of the team are worked out, and I can get a higher ELO for more accurate results.

Thanks for reading! Please be sure to respond with any concerns, changes, or criticism, it's always appreciated.

Last edited:
Nice team, but I think there is two things that could possibly be fixed.

1. :ferrothorn: Knock Off --> Leech Seed`
You already have Weavile as a strong Knock Off spammer, so adding Leech Seed can help slowly chip down opposing mons while getting some recovery back at the same time. This allows it to annoy Heatran and other mons on predicted switch-ins more than Knock Off, as the Heatran is forced out as it has no recovery.

2. :landorus-therian: Make Lando physically defensive so that it can better check Zeraora, which is a threat. Since Lando is now PhysDef, Ferrothorn can run SpDef which allows it to better switch into Tapu Lele, Fini, and Clefable, and hit back with a powerful Iron Head. It can also be helpful against choice locked Specs Dragapult and Blacephalon.

Also, rain isn't a big threat, as you have Slowbro and Ferrothorn both which are great rain counters. As well as Zapdos and Weavile to help against other rain abusing Zapdos and Tornadus-T.

Nice team, but I think there is two things that could possibly be fixed.

1. :ferrothorn: Knock Off --> Leech Seed`
You already have Weavile as a strong Knock Off spammer, so adding Leech Seed can help slowly chip down opposing mons while getting some recovery back at the same time. This allows it to annoy Heatran and other mons on predicted switch-ins more than Knock Off, as the Heatran is forced out as it has no recovery.

2. :landorus-therian: Make Lando physically defensive so that it can better check Zeraora, which is a threat. Since Lando is now PhysDef, Ferrothorn can run SpDef which allows it to better switch into Tapu Lele, Fini, and Clefable, and hit back with a powerful Iron Head. It can also be helpful against choice locked Specs Dragapult and Blacephalon.

Also, rain isn't a big threat, as you have Slowbro and Ferrothorn both which are great rain counters. As well as Zapdos and Weavile to help against other rain abusing Zapdos and Tornadus-T.
Hey, I appreciate the feedback! My only gripes with those changes are that Phys Def Landorus makes my matchup in front of Heatran and Volcarona much worse, and lacking Knock Off on Ferrothorn means that I miss out on one of my most crucial tools for punishing switches and removing choiced items. Leech Seed really isn't necessary here, especially for a set that's intended to hit a target with Magic Guard anyways. I could switch switch Toxic for Knock Off on Landorus, but that leaves me without something which wears down Landorus and other bulky walls for my breakers.

I mentioned rain as a threat due to the fact that it quickly dismantles the team's defensive core, even given its resistances; the main offenders are Seismitoad, Zapdos, and Thundurus. You aren't running whip for toad, which leaves you reliant on Blacephalon and Weavile to put out offensive pressure (and this doesn't always work, as you can imagine. Especially when your defensive core is worn down and you don't capitalize on opportunities to tear at key resistances and facilitators of rain).

I like the idea of adding some SpD onto Ferrothorn though, would definitely help in handling the threats I want to. I'll play with the calcs to see if it makes any difference.

Last edited:
Hey, Smashburn this is really solid build making good use of Choice Scarf Blacephalon with proper team support making it an incredible and potent late-game cleaner, and despite you having a lengthy threat list majority of them can be overwhelmed or answered properly with your team with some changes. A flaw I did notice was this team lacked immediate breaking power since Blacephalon wasn't Choice Specs and Weavile can't break things without a boost and wanted to modify this team to give it a more offensive presence and reduce that threat list.

Minor Changes:
: Since the main set is Choice Scarf you are better off running Fire Blast > Overheat, it gives Blacephalon good damage still and doesn't punish you with Special Attack drop.

: Making Zapdos a bit more offensive gives this team a lot more power making it a hassle to switch into while still remaining a good amount of bulk letting it do what you want it to check. Going Thunderbolt >Discharge is ideal for its better damage output, and Volt Switch > U-Turn while I do understand why you went with U-Turn a lot of Ground-types get worn down frequent by your team and cannot come into Hurricane, and with the change to Landorus-T, it will be a lot easier to spam Volt Switch later making Zapdos an annoyance. Since we are going for a more offensive spread with some bulk we are going to change Zapdos' evs to 252 HP / 32 Def / 52 SpA / 172 Spe with a Modest nature, the speed allows you to outspeed Timid Heatran, while the defense investment avoids getting 2HKO by Galarian Zapdos, with the remaining dumped into Special Attack to deal the most amount of damage as possible.

: When running Toxic Landorus-T it's a lot better to be slightly faster than other Landorus-T since it's a lot more valuable to get those off before opposing Landorus-T and will be a huge boost for Zapdos making it a lot threatening with its recent changes. 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe

: While I do understand why you ran Thunder Wave, I will say Leech Seed > Thunder Wave is a lot better cause as it gives Ferrothorn a form of recovery it doesn't let a bunch of mons that wanna come in on it take advantage of it and can also be very helpful in wearing them down making it possible for Blacephalon or Weavile to pick them off. A bit of a side note I do value the importance of Iron Head tho I do recommend trying out Power Whip this gives you a way to fight back Rain mons as well as those Water Ground mons, cause most of Iron Heads targets get covered by Blacephalon as it can cripple them or just straight upbeat. I also wanted to change Ferrothorn's Evs to 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD with Impish nature, the Physical Defense investment avoids getting 3HKO from nonboosted Zeraora with Stealth Rocks up, and the rest is dumped into Special Defense to take hits from Tapu Lele and Tapu Fini better.

Optional:

: While not as recommended as the other changes, do feel to try this if it does benefit you which changes Slowbro EV spread to
252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD, this makes it so Slowbro can scout threats like Volcanion and Tapu Lele slightly better and properly respond to them with its other teammates which benefit the team a lot, and can also act as a pseudo check to Heatran.

Importable
(click sprites for import)
This team was really solid and with these changes, it should vastly improve a lot of matchups with what you originally struggled with. There's a lot more of an offensive presence instead of relying on Blacephalon now thanks to Zapdos it along with the support from Slowbro and Ferrothorn makes half of the threat list get overwhelmed for you to beat smoothly. While I didn't want to change the original version since it worked really well with the way it was originally there were some other options I came up with that do change some mons and give teams different purposes., so do try them out if you feel they provide more than the team above,
https://pokepast.es/03f469a9efc88720 (this version of the team gives you a reliable way to handle a majority of Special Attackers that gave your team trouble, though Ferrothorn does need to run Rocky Helmet in this version to better cover against Weavile and Melmetal.)
https://pokepast.es/33a29df6c4ec596b( this version of the team trades Choice Scarf Blacephalon for Choice Specs to make good use of its wall-breaking power, and Tornadus-T also covers for another portion of Special attackers you struggle and can still be used for occasionally checking Rillaboom and Kartana, you do need to go Tapu Fini here which helps with Volcarona, Heatran, and Weavile and makes good use of Double Defog for Blacephalon and Assault Vest Tornadus-T benefit from it.) Really like how this team came out and hope these changes benefit you the most, and if you have any questions or concerns I would be happy to address them.

Hey, Smashburn this is really solid build making good use of Choice Scarf Blacephalon with proper team support making it an incredible and potent late-game cleaner, and despite you having a lengthy threat list majority of them can be overwhelmed or answered properly with your team with some changes. A flaw I did notice was this team lacked immediate breaking power since Blacephalon wasn't Choice Specs and Weavile can't break things without a boost and wanted to modify this team to give it a more offensive presence and reduce that threat list.

Minor Changes:
: Since the main set is Choice Scarf you are better off running Fire Blast > Overheat, it gives Blacephalon good damage still and doesn't punish you with Special Attack drop.

: Making Zapdos a bit more offensive gives this team a lot more power making it a hassle to switch into while still remaining a good amount of bulk letting it do what you want it to check. Going Thunderbolt >Discharge is ideal for its better damage output, and Volt Switch > U-Turn while I do understand why you went with U-Turn a lot of Ground-types get worn down frequent by your team and cannot come into Hurricane, and with the change to Landorus-T, it will be a lot easier to spam Volt Switch later making Zapdos an annoyance. Since we are going for a more offensive spread with some bulk we are going to change Zapdos' evs to 252 HP / 32 Def / 52 SpA / 172 Spe with a Modest nature, the speed allows you to outspeed Timid Heatran, while the defense investment avoids getting 2HKO by Galarian Zapdos, with the remaining dumped into Special Attack to deal the most amount of damage as possible.

: When running Toxic Landorus-T it's a lot better to be slightly faster than other Landorus-T since it's a lot more valuable to get those off before opposing Landorus-T and will be a huge boost for Zapdos making it a lot threatening with its recent changes. 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe

: While I do understand why you ran Thunder Wave, I will say Leech Seed > Thunder Wave is a lot better cause as it gives Ferrothorn a form of recovery it doesn't let a bunch of mons that wanna come in on it take advantage of it and can also be very helpful in wearing them down making it possible for Blacephalon or Weavile to pick them off. A bit of a side note I do value the importance of Iron Head tho I do recommend trying out Power Whip this gives you a way to fight back Rain mons as well as those Water Ground mons, cause most of Iron Heads targets get covered by Blacephalon as it can cripple them or just straight upbeat. I also wanted to change Ferrothorn's Evs to 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD with Impish nature, the Physical Defense investment avoids getting 3HKO from nonboosted Zeraora with Stealth Rocks up, and the rest is dumped into Special Defense to take hits from Tapu Lele and Tapu Fini better.

Optional:
: While not as recommended as the other changes, do feel to try this if it does benefit you which changes Slowbro EV spread to
252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD, this makes it so Slowbro can scout threats like Volcanion and Tapu Lele slightly better and properly respond to them with its other teammates which benefit the team a lot, and can also act as a pseudo check to Heatran.

Importable
(click sprites for import)
This team was really solid and with these changes, it should vastly improve a lot of matchups with what you originally struggled with. There's a lot more of an offensive presence instead of relying on Blacephalon now thanks to Zapdos it along with the support from Slowbro and Ferrothorn makes half of the threat list get overwhelmed for you to beat smoothly. While I didn't want to change the original version since it worked really well with the way it was originally there were some other options I came up with that do change some mons and give teams different purposes., so do try them out if you feel they provide more than the team above,
https://pokepast.es/03f469a9efc88720 (this version of the team gives you a reliable way to handle a majority of Special Attackers that gave your team trouble, though Ferrothorn does need to run Rocky Helmet in this version to better cover against Weavile and Melmetal.)
https://pokepast.es/33a29df6c4ec596b( this version of the team trades Choice Scarf Blacephalon for Choice Specs to make good use of its wall-breaking power, and Tornadus-T also covers for another portion of Special attackers you struggle and can still be used for occasionally checking Rillaboom and Kartana, you do need to go Tapu Fini here which helps with Volcarona, Heatran, and Weavile and makes good use of Double Defog for Blacephalon and Assault Vest Tornadus-T benefit from it.) Really like how this team came out and hope these changes benefit you the most, and if you have any questions or concerns I would be happy to address them.
Thanks so much! I did think consider offensive Zapdos. Most of the time I was running Low Kick Weavile to offset steels being so annoying, which has complemented the change and it does make wearing down checks for Blacephalon and Weavile easier in one way or another.

The Glowking version looks good, however, it has trouble vs fat / stall builds and it feels like there is less momentum. It facilitates Blacephalon less, and makes the rain MU a lot harder. Your average game looks a slightly more inconvenient against Tapu Koko without it, but I think a change in some SpD EVs on Ferrothorn could alleviate that. Regular Slowking is pretty interchangeable with Slowbro and also offers some structural advantages kin to Slowking-G, though it misses out on Magnezone it helps VS stuff like Seismitoad, Heatran, and Volcanion much better. The SpD Bro change also felt more natural, I think one of the two works.

My problem with the AV Torn team is how exploitable it is against common physical attackers. Fini is pressured to simultaneously be speed control and a physical check, which means it is overwhelmed because of a middling speed and how often it loses its item. You'd usually want to pair it with something that can help share those defensive burdens like Buzzwole, but that means changes the structure here so I would bring this one back to the drawing board personally. I appreciate the help though!

Fireblast isn't an objectionable change. Although, it misses out on nabbing certain calcs with a little chip.

Personally, I'd still say Twave over Leech Seed here. Zapdos being more offensive benefits the team a lot in matchups against problematic bulky Water-types, but it still can't do much to Clefable.

Kinda curious, why that spread? I know the speed works out so you cripple Landorus but I'd think it matters more to grab the slower U-Turn in most cases. The SpD Slowbro change also alleviates some problems with Heatran.

[EDIT]

Came up with a a couple spreads

:ferrothorn: 252 HP / 152 Def / 92 SpD / 12 Spe

The specific calc is taking a 4HKO from +1 Life Orb Moonblast after switching into a +1 Life Orb Moonblast on a max roll from Clefable.

:Slowbro: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD

The rest of the changes already help Slowbro do its job better. Here, it is EVd to take a Specs Draco Meteor from Dragapult after Stealth Rock. Also makes it somewhat apposable vs those special attackers.

Here is my new paste: https://pokepast.es/cd2043f275df96de

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Kinda curious, why that spread? I know the speed works out so you cripple Landorus but I'd think it matters more to grab the slower U-Turn in most cases. The SpD Slowbro change also alleviates some problems with Heatran.
I think the goal is to outspeed the u-turn so you toxic them before they switch out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)