Metagame Partners in Crime

You could pick something simply very resistant to Water such as your Kingdra and just give it a Water bulb as Birabel uses Surf. From there.

One thing I do is Carbink with Berry Juice and Sturdy plus Trick Room at Level 1 and Pelipper activates Rain. Pelipper uses U-Turn with Damp Rock, to send in Birabel towards the end of the turn due to its slow speed, before Carbink uses Trick Room going last.

Carbink can use Surf from its own teammate, Birabel, going first under Trick a Room, activating bulb to give Birabel a +2 SpA boost equivalent, which means it deals like 1% damage to Birabel and doubles it’s power. To get in an ally you use Surf to KO Carbink and hit the foe’s for +2 SpA under Rain Surf. Since you KOed Carbink you switch in Greninja for Water Shuriken, while it holds Bulb, maxing its HP and SpA and Birabel uses Surf to hit the foe and activate Greninja’s Bulb under Trick Room. Greninja can uses Hydro Pump for the KO. Negative speed Nature, 0 Speed EVs and IVs. Or something that is naturally slow without Swift Swim like Araquinod.

Don’t forget Araquinod doubles Water moves, which under Rain and a +2 SpA is like +6 SpA because it is x4 to your water moves.
don't you mean araquanid? Lol and that idea has gone far pass gimmicky lol I love it.

Been getting into this meta a little despite my usual dislike torward doubles, so might as well post stuff here.

Here's a time-tested classic doubles gimmick set that works even better in PIC:

ShurikenSmear/Palossand

Paint (Smeargle) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Water Shuriken
- Spore
- Baneful Bunker
- Stealth Rock

Sandpit (Palossand) (M) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Water Compaction
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Modest Nature
- Amnesia
- Shore Up
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball

Normally, Smeargle would water shuriken the heck out palo while it spammed Shore Up and got the weakness policy boost, then sweeped after using amnesia.

Here, though, you can spam shuriken and amnesia on both to boost up defences, and combined with Bunker, stealth rock, Spore, and Palo's attacking options, this pair is a force to be reckoned with. If you're brave enough to risk your mon's life at the beginning you can run technician on smear to make shuriken a viable attacking option.

What happens when abilities overlap? (eg. Refrigerate and Pixilate)
The one of the user takes priority. The other's effect won't work.
Unfortunately this is not how the sim works; effects are applied in a random order (unless those effects would already apply in a specific order for other reasons).

What happens when your partner switches out?
You may not use a move of your partner when it switches out.
What happens when your partner faints?
After your partner faints, it's abilities will be nullified, but you can still use its move if you chose to use a move of your partner that particular turn. Afterwards you can't use its moves anymore.
Current coding allows the move to be used on the turn of a switch or faint (including switch through VoltTurn/Red Card etc.). I can't easily change this without making Taunt/Encore overpowered (they would affect both teammates).

So Gale Wings and Aerilate work well since you don’t need to invest in the speed stat and can go full mixed for Offense. Salamence-Mega is a boss.
The Gale Wings boost applies before the Aerilate type change, so it wouldn't work.

What about ability changing moves and forms, I.e. Mega Forms, Worry Seed, Simple Beam? (So far, you mentioned ability negating moves, or transferring abilities).
Does the partner keep the original abilities?
Currently only Mega Forms update the partner's secondary Ability. However, if you were to switch, the new Pokémon would get whatever the current ability is, ignoring Gastro Acid/Core Enforcer.

What about Z-moves? If one Pokémon holds a Normalium-Z, and another holds a Waterium-Z, does each Partner get to chose either of the 2 Z-moves? Same for Pokémon specific Signature Z-moves like Eevee using Evoboost based on Last Resort, what if your other Pokémon in play has Last Resort, can they use Evoboost instead (or as well as) Eevee? You mentioned they get access to all of their moves, 8, but technically a Z-move is a move...
Items aren't shared, so this is a non-starter.

Lastly, what about Pokémon Specific abilities, such as Cherrim’s Flower Gift? Remember Flower Gift boosts itself and it’s partner, so if you have a partner with shared Flower Gifts under sunlight, you have x 2.25 Attack and x 2.25 Special Defense.
Only Cherrim's allies get the Flower Gift boost.

Also, Dancer seems to be broken - I tried using Fiery Dance with Volcarona next to Oricorio and it went like "Oricorio used Fiery Dance! But it failed!" so idk whats going on
Don't give your Dancer a choice item, it won't work. (Choice items were nerfed in Gen 7 to prevent this.)

weird for me the effects was working as attended expect the surges/items(choiced)
As noted previously, the ally ability activates first. This is because the sim hasn't activated the main ability yet when it notifies the code of the switch. In fact, I think it activates before hazards can kill the switcher, so that might be a bug.

When encore is normally applied, the person getting the encore is locked out of their other moves. But for some reason the moves aren't greyed out like they normally are. Similarly, for Taunt, you're not locked out of your teammates status moves. It seems a lot of bugs are related to move locking so idk.
Encore locks you in and Taunt prevents you from using your teammate's status moves even though the moves aren't greyed out. This is so that your teammate can still use the moves normally. Particularly with Taunt, you just have to be careful not to waste your move.

View attachment 90248
What do you mean only Cherrim’s Allies get the Flower Gift Boost? Cherrim’s gets the boost from its own ability, at least according to Bulbapedia
I'm pretty sure he means it won't stack. Exactly how I explained it earlier in the forum. Also dancer is still broken even without choiced items Imo.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7partnersincrime-171344

Please ignore the gimmick of the team. The main point is offensive strength of water bubble and dancer. To prove my point even more araquanid will be the main focus. Also one thing to point out araquanid has a base special attack of 50 ,but is still able to sweep mons with ease. Due to fact of waterbubble and dancer as a combination.
Oricorio has a partner allows araquanid to use revelation dance. Revelation dance typing is base of the user first type (araquanid is water/bug). The fact is turns into a water type move boosts it base power because of water bubble. Since revelation dance is also a dancing move it is affected by dancer. Allowing both araquanid and oricorio to attack twice in one turn.
That's if they both use revelation; firing off two waterbubble boosted stab revelation dances (sometimes in rain) and two revelation dances of which oricorio you choose. I forgot to mention revelation base power is 90 a decent basepower.
probably should add hp grass to both of them to make it impossible to counter this team.

EDIT I found a way to make that core even stronger. Also rip hp grass

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7partnersincrime-171693

Last edited:
Been getting into this meta a little despite my usual dislike torward doubles, so might as well post stuff here.

Here's a time-tested classic doubles gimmick set that works even better in PIC:

ShurikenSmear/Palossand

Paint (Smeargle) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Modest Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Spore
- Baneful Bunker
- Stealth Rock

Sandpit (Palossand) (M) @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Modest Nature
- Amnesia
- Shore Up
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball

Normally, Smeargle would water shuriken the heck out palo while it spammed Shore Up and got the weakness policy boost, then sweeped after using amnesia.

Here, though, you can spam shuriken and amnesia on both to boost up defences, and combined with Bunker, stealth rock, Spore, and Palo's attacking options, this pair is a force to be reckoned with. If you're brave enough to risk your mon's life at the beginning you can run technician on smear to make shuriken a viable attacking option.
viable attacking option.
252+ SpA Technician Smeargle Water Shuriken (15 BP) (3 hits) vs. 8 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 66-78 (20.3 - 24%) -- guaranteed 5HKO

Also, Smeargle 100% needs Focus Sash -- lefties is pointless cuz it's not supposed to sit there on the field for multiple turns while you could swap in a mon that does so much more for Palossand. Here's my take on it:

Greninja @ Eject Button
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Rock Slide
- Water Shuriken
- Protect

Palossand @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Amnesia
- Shore Up
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball

It makes sense for Palossand to run SpD, since it's getting hella Defense boosts from Water Shuriken. If Greninja goes physical and doesn't run a damage-boosting item, Palossand actually takes the hit pretty well. Greninja's purpose in life is to click Water Shuriken and then get sent out cuz you don't want to waste time hard-switching or leaving it in on something it underperforms against. It can always come back in later to support something with Protean. Focus Sash is usable too.

4 SpA Greninja Water Shuriken (15 BP) (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Palossand: 96-114 (25.6 - 30.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Here's what you send out afterwards:

Togekiss @ Safety Goggles / Sitrus Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 236 HP / 192 Def / 20 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Follow Me
- Tailwind
- Baton Pass

(i stole the evs from the gen6 smogdex)

Let's be real, Palossand isn't designed to sweep on its own. Its stats are unremarkable, its typing is interesting defensively but nothing special offensively, and apart from a recovery move it has no support options to help it sweep. It's also slow, which is kind of a mixed blessing. So why not send all those tasty boosts out to something that can really use them? Enter Togekiss, an all-in-one support tool for Palossand. It donates BP. It has Follow Me to let you get the BP off. If you have a spare turn, you can set up Tailwind to fix the speed problem. And there's always that delicious Air Slash hax.

in my picture, it doesnt boost attack, or special defense, but it does show the form change. (assault vest is why it has a bigger Special Defense. is it glitched?

I also did a play testing with 3 pokemon (i switched out vulpix for cresselia to see if it was because of the form change, but no boost at all. the ability totally doesnt work.
View attachment 90250
Probably a glitch. Last time I checked it showed the boost on attack and special defense.

This meta looks super cool. I'm throwing in an idea as well:

Double Gavanize core, + priority and wide guard:
@ Focus Sash
Ability: Galvanize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Wide Guard
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Explosion

@ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Brave Bird
- Quick Attack
- Protect

----

Heat Wave Sun + Sheer Force core:
@ Expert Belt
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

@ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Ancient Power
- Air Slash

Last edited:

@ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Wide Guard
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Explosion

@ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Brave Bird
- Quick Attack
- Protect

----

@ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

@ Charizardite Y
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Ancient Power
- Air Slash
lol posted that first combination earlier on the forums lol in my triage team.

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Psychic Fangs
- Aqua Jet

Araquanid @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Poison Jab

What can I say about this.
First turn, they can double protect or something like that to gain speed.
The sharpedo mega evolves, giving Strong Jaw to araquanid.
Both have a strong coverage, with Ice, Dark, Psychic, Water, Bug and Poison.
Sharpedo gains a much-needed water STAB, Liquidation. Water Bubble makes the
coverage even stronger. Aqua Jet isnt for sharpedo, in fact its for Araquanid.

What yours think about these guys?

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.

@ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Wide Guard
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Explosion

@ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Brave Bird
- Quick Attack
- Protect

----

@ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

@ Charizardite Y
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Ancient Power
- Air Slash
Rotom-Heat @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt / Discharge
- Dark Pulse
- Volt Switch / Filler
- Signal Beam

Heatran @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest or Adamant Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse / HP Ice
- Solar Beam / Magma Storm (assuming you have Drought up from a teammate)

Give Heatran an Immunity to ground, give Rotom-H an immunity to Fire to Spam Lava Plumes and inflict burns while boosting Fire Damage. Coverage, Defenses and good STAB).

Discharge is for when your partner is this (instead of Heatran);
Camerupt @ Cameruptite
EVs: 254 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Heatwave
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power Ice

Sheer Force means no Life Orb recoil, and that Discharge will hit both opponents while Camerupt is immune, while gaining the 30% boost in damage. Earth Power can also be used without worry and Heatwave gains STAB along with the Sheer Force Boost. This leaves Camerupt with only a Water Weakness and Rotom with only a Water and Rock weakness. Since both can use Electric moves, non-Ground Water types can be hit hard.

Last edited:
Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Psychic Fangs
- Aqua Jet

Araquanid @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Bubble
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Poison Jab

What can I say about this.
First turn, they can double protect or something like that to gain speed.
The sharpedo mega evolves, giving Strong Jaw to araquanid.
Both have a strong coverage, with Ice, Dark, Psychic, Water, Bug and Poison.
Sharpedo gains a much-needed water STAB, Liquidation. Water Bubble makes the
coverage even stronger. Aqua Jet isnt for sharpedo, in fact its for Araquanid.

What yours think about these guys?
I think if you're going to use Mega Sharpedo you should have a Hoopa-Unbound to pair it with. Give Hoopa-U Protect and a Jolly nature, and you can outspeed anything below 145 base speed after a speed boost and do serious damage with Strong Jaw-boosted STABs off of 160 base attack.
Araquanid, on the other hand, is not a good partner for Sharpedo. It doesn't get STAB on any Strong Jaw-boosted moves, and it's too slow to use one turn of Speed Boost effectively, even if you invest in speed, which you didn't. Araquanid does help Sharpedo with Water Bubble and Liquidation, but all it gets in return is a few coverage moves.

Here's a meme I came up with:

Mudsdale @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- filler

Swoobat @ Focus Sash
Ability: Simple
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Swagger
- After You
- filler

Swoobat gives Mudsdale an instant +4 Atk, and Mudsdale starts killing everything that can't fly:

+4 252+ Atk Choice Band Mudsdale Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mew: 564-664 (139.6 - 164.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Rotom-Heat @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt / Discharge
- Dark Pulse
- Volt Switch / Filler
- Signal Beam

Heatran @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest or Adamant Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse / HP Ice
- Solar Beam / Magma Storm (assuming you have Drought up from a teammate)

Give Heatran an Immunity to ground, give Rotom-H an immunity to Fire to Spam Lava Plumes and inflict burns while boosting Fire Damage. Coverage, Defenses and good STAB).

Discharge is for when your partner is this (instead of Heatran);
Camerupt @ Cameruptite
EVs: 254 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Heatwave
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power Ice

Sheer Force means no Life Orb recoil, and that Discharge will hit both opponents while Camerupt is immune, while gaining the 30% boost in damage. Earth Power can also be used without worry and Heatwave gains STAB along with the Sheer Force Boost. This leaves Camerupt with only a Water Weakness and Rotom with only a Water and Rock weakness. Since both can use Electric moves, non-Ground Water types can be hit hard.
At this point it'd be cool to use Rotom-Mow with Heatran

A few interesting ability combos:
Technician+Skill Link, basically 187.5 BP moves that break sashes, disguise, sub, and sturdy with like no drawbacks
Protean+Adaptability, gain 2x power on all moves
Rough Skin+Iron Barbs, opponents take 1/4 health for contact moves
Poison Heal+Toxic Boost, if only more mons had Toxic Boost...
Guts+Quick Feet, becomes fast and strong
Magic Guard+Reckless, immune to status damage, hazards damage, recoil damage while being able to use high power moves backed up with reckless
Contrary+Simple, gain a lot of boosts quickly
Sniper+Super luck, crits
No Guard+Hustle, boosted attacks with perfect accuracy
Slow Start+Truant

At first this looked fun, but it seems like it's pure rush which is not fun. The most obviously potent threats are Set-Up and Weather.

Smeargle gets any broken set-up move and Mat Block. Most people know the first half: Geomancy, Shift Gear, Shell Smash, Z-Conversion, etc. The second half is something most people are probably not aware of. Mat Block is Greninja's signature move (until this gen where Throh got it) where, on the first turn the user comes in, both the user and the ally are protected. This allows the ally to do whatever the fuck they want. Set up a Geomancy? No problem. Set up a Z-Conversion? Sure. Set-up a Shell Smash? It's fine they're safe. This makes set-up everywhere as they can just switch in, be protected, then switch out. In addition, you can have up to 5 other mons with Geomancy or Shell Smash no problem. It would just be spam. In addition, Smeargle can also allow for other mons to get dream coverage moves. Give Greninja Blue Flare or Seed Flare, give Swoobat Dazzling Gleam or Moonblast for when a 260 BP stored power cant hurt a dark type. The list goes on (I know I'm using Geomancy a lot, but still). It basically turns it into this broken mess. Not fun.
Okay, you've banned Smeargle. You've only gotten rid of Geomancy and absurd coverage. You still have Porygon-Z, Genesect (yes its legal), Cloyster, etc. There's still plenty of abusers including the previously mentioned ones. Swoobat and Greninja are just as broken just now using White Herb instead of Power Herb. Swoobat still has 260 bp Stored Power at +4 / +4. Greninja still has all that coverage, Technician, and more at +2 / +2. This is not fun and will continue to be hell. I think that Geomancy, Shell Smash and Conversion/Happy Hour/Celebrate should be quick banned.

Next thing I think will be way too strong is weather. I don't want to deal with something like a Sand Rush Kartana, Swift Swim Volcanion, Sand Force Sand Veil Garchomp, basically shit that hits hard and fast. Excadrill, Kingdra, and Mega Swampert would be the most common for pretty clear reasons, but there would also be some that would pop up like Kabutops. It's just these powerful fast mons with moves boosted by weather. This isn't as broken as set-up, but it seems it will be centralizing and just turn into gen 5 weather wars after crazy set-up moves are banned.

At first this looked fun, but it seems like it's pure rush which is not fun. The most obviously potent threats are Set-Up and Weather.

Smeargle gets any broken set-up move and Mat Block. Most people know the first half: Geomancy, Shift Gear, Shell Smash, Z-Conversion, etc. The second half is something most people are probably not aware of. Mat Block is Greninja's signature move (until this gen where Throh got it) where, on the first turn the user comes in, both the user and the ally are protected. This allows the ally to do whatever the fuck they want. Set up a Geomancy? No problem. Set up a Z-Conversion? Sure. Set-up a Shell Smash? It's fine they're safe. This makes set-up everywhere as they can just switch in, be protected, then switch out. In addition, you can have up to 5 other mons with Geomancy or Shell Smash no problem. It would just be spam. In addition, Smeargle can also allow for other mons to get dream coverage moves. Give Greninja Blue Flare or Seed Flare, give Swoobat Dazzling Gleam or Moonblast for when a 260 BP stored power cant hurt a dark type. The list goes on (I know I'm using Geomancy a lot, but still). It basically turns it into this broken mess. Not fun.
Okay, you've banned Smeargle. You've only gotten rid of Geomancy and absurd coverage. You still have Porygon-Z, Genesect (yes its legal), Cloyster, etc. There's still plenty of abusers including the previously mentioned ones. Swoobat and Greninja are just as broken just now using White Herb instead of Power Herb. Swoobat still has 260 bp Stored Power at +4 / +4. Greninja still has all that coverage, Technician, and more at +2 / +2. This is not fun and will continue to be hell. I think that Geomancy, Shell Smash and Conversion/Happy Hour/Celebrate should be quick banned.

Next thing I think will be way too strong is weather. I don't want to deal with something like a Sand Rush Kartana, Swift Swim Volcanion, Sand Force Sand Veil Garchomp, basically shit that hits hard and fast. Excadrill, Kingdra, and Mega Swampert would be the most common for pretty clear reasons, but there would also be some that would pop up like Kabutops. It's just these powerful fast mons with moves boosted by weather. This isn't as broken as set-up, but it seems it will be centralizing and just turn into gen 5 weather wars after crazy set-up moves are banned.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7partnersincrime-172032
also partners can't use their Z crystal on their partners moves. So only porygon 1-Z can use Z conversion.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7partnersincrime-172032

Mat blocks depends on the user speed.So it's pretty useless unless you use a prankster mon. The fact you only set up with one mon is pretty useless in Dou. Especially since its not priority it easily get stop by fake out,espeed,Mach punch,water shuriken,etc. Set up teams are just gimmicks. Any team that has moves that attack both mons on the opponent field literally stops that.

You are right about is weather spam will be potent.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Weak Armor + Simple + Weakness Policy + Super Effective Move + Stored Power = Wow

Vanilluxe can use Ice Shard on Swoobat to activate +4 Attack +4 SpA +4 Speed and -2 Def = 260 Base power or = 390 after STAB

I noticed that Unburden doesn’t help the ally, it only helps the user... but regardless, I have Swoobat use Gust on Accelgor as it uses Endure, and it doubles it’s already fast Speed, gets +4 Attack and +4 Special Attack, and it has the option to use Water Sherukin (it learns it on its own), Baton Pass or straight up Attack.
I pair it with Jolteon which learns Stored Power, Discharge and has Volt Absorb to not only heal it but give it a spread move.

Baton Pass is on both Accelgor and Jolteon naturally, so they can each just pass on any boosts to the teammates instead of fainting. Who needs weather or move set up when you have Simple and Weakness Policy?

Don’t forget Frost Breathe or Storm Throw on Taurus or Primaple to give it +6 Attack while it uses EQ and Rock Slide. If you have Scarf you can outspeed Taurus so Taurus hits after getting the boost.

I just went through doubles OU ban list ,and partners in crime to find out why transformed is banned. From what I seen there has no reason stated why its been banned. Maybe its banned in OU or it was banned last gen ,but wasn't stated this gen.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I just went through doubles OU ban list ,and partners in crime to find out why transformed is banned. From what I seen there has no reason stated why its been banned. Maybe its banned in OU or it was banned last gen ,but wasn't stated this gen.
I’m sure imposter Chansey or Pikachu is as broken as it is in BH.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
It might be banned For the following reason: Partner uses Imprison, Ditto switches in and disables a foe (you gain your partners moves which are one of your foe’s entire which includes both its own and its partner’s moves)

I’m sure imposter Chansey or Pikachu is as broken as it is in BH.
No I mean the move transform ,but since you mention it imposter isn't listed either. Imposter might be broken since you can get a free transform.
I think the actual move transform would be more reasonable. Since you're giving up a turn in this fast paced meta. Only mew and ditto has transforms in their move pool. Ditto isn't tanky enough to survive ,but on the other hand mew has decent bulk to survive. Depending mostly on if mew is focus down or not. Most mons that can take advantage of transforms will get rushed down. Chansey,muchlax,blissey probably the best candidates for transform. Unlike bh not every mon has recovery so possibly of this getting out hand are unlikely. When they transform its a possibility it will become extremely bulky depending on what mon they transform into. Most mons in Partners in crime will probably be offensive When the rest will probably be suicide leads,setters(terrain/weather),and gimmicks. So I can't really see it being broken especially since you will more than likely being taking dmg before transforming. Any offense could kill a mon easily in a turn.

blah blah blah blah can we plz unban transform so I can have fun with it. That is my actual reason but if it doesn't get unban oh well Ig gg jasprose :P

It might be banned For the following reason: Partner uses Imprison, Ditto switches in and disables a foe (you gain your partners moves which are one of your foe’s entire which includes both its own and its partner’s moves)
Then they should probably take this out of the forums. Also its easier just to ban imprison over transform Imo.

"How do Transform and Imposter work?
They cause you to transform into a Pokemon and copy their original ability and moves, so not those of your partner. Similarly, you'll still be affected by your partners ability and be able to use its moves."

Last edited:
I just went through doubles OU ban list ,and partners in crime to find out why transformed is banned.
It's because I wasn't able to code Mimic, Sketch or Transform to work properly. Sorry about that. (In order to merge your moves with your teammate's moves, the code overwrites any Transform or Mimic moves, while Sketch crashes if Smeargle's teammate tries to use it.)

What's the news on fixing choice-locking? I know I've been in a few situations where one mon holding a Choice item locked its partner into that move too, which is counter-intuitive.

So this isn't just a bugpost, I kinda wanna explore Downloadpassing. Genesect is the obvious Download user -- and with its statline+movepool it more than carries its own weight -- but there are a few options for Baton Pass, and none stand out as obvious Genesect partners. Intimidate comes to mind to help Genesect's survivability, but that would just be Masquerian and Mawile, the former of which is a one-dimensional support mon that can't really opt to abuse the Download boost, and the latter of which is a shitmon. Blaziken seems pretty solid for the ability to pass Speed too, but if the opponent has an -atespeed pair on the field then nothing's getting off a pass. Sylveon and Togekiss seem like pretty solid picks, having offensive presence and passable bulk and support options, but they can't do anything with an Attack boost. Gliscor seems interesting for Hyper Cutter support, which should really give you more flexibility when it comes to BP recipients, but it can't exploit an SpA boost. And so on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)