NU Passimian

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot / Earthquake

Despite the increased usage of bulky Poison-types such as Garbodor and Weezing, Passimian has remained the best Choice Scarf user in NU thanks to its ability to revenge kill other top-tier Pokemon such as Incineroar, Heliolisk, and Aerodactyl while generating momentum with U-turn. While other Choice Scarf users generally struggle to make headway against their checks, Passimian can cripple switch-ins like Golbat and Weezing with Knock Off, pivot out with U-turn, or catch them with super effective coverage. Passimian can even opt for Rock Slide for a better Golbat matchup, although Gunk Shot and Earthquake are stronger and provide more coverage than Rock Slide. Because of how much Passimian can do and how effective it is at its job, it can fit on almost any team. Because Passimian wants to be able to spam Close Combat, it appreciates teammates like Incineroar and Rotom that pressure Psychic-, Ghost-, and Poison-type Pokemon. Rotom in particular is a great partner, as it forms a VoltTurn core with Passimian and appreciates it dealing with Pokemon such as Incineroar, Pangoro, and Golbat.

Last edited:
Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot / Earthquake

Despite the increased usage of bulky Poison-types such as Garbodor and Weezing, Passimian has remained the best Choice Scarf user in NU thanks to its ability to revenge kill other top-tier Pokemon such as Incineroar, Heliolisk, and Aerodactyl while generating momentum with U-turn. While other Choice Scarf users generally struggle to make headway against their checks, Passimian can cripple its switch-ins with Knock Off, pivot out with U-turn, or catch them with super effective coverage. give examples of stuff it cripples, like bat's evio, knocking a helm early game from poisons so u can pivot for free, ghosts, etc Because of how much Passimian can do and how effective it is at its job, it can fit on almost any team. Because Passimian wants to be able to spam Close Combat, it appreciates teammates like Sneasel i guess sneasel is "fine" here but it's a lot less common these days, so i'd change it to something like roar or any other dark and Rotom that pressure Psychic-, Ghost-, and Poison-type Pokemon. Rotom in specific is a great partner, as it forms a VoltTurn core with Passimian and appreciates it dealing with Pokemon such as Incineroar, Scrafty, and Guzzlord <- make this pangoro. mention rock slide as the last moveslot option but don't slash, and finish off with why gunk / eq are generally more favourable

no mention of bat throughout seems a bit weird since it's so prominent currently, i'd add it in rather than just a list of darks when talking about rotom
1/1 when done

Fireflame

Silksong when
is a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Remove Add Comments (AC)= add comma (RC)= remove comma (AH)= add hyphen (RH)= remove hyphen
Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot / Earthquake

Despite the increased usage of bulky Poison-types such as Garbodor and Weezing, Passimian has remained the best Choice Scarf user in NU thanks to its ability to revenge kill other top-tier Pokemon such as Incineroar, Heliolisk, and Aerodactyl while generating momentum with U-turn. While other Choice Scarf users generally struggle to make headway against their checks, Passimian can cripple switch-ins like Golbat and Weezing with Knock Off, pivot out with U-turn, or catch them with super effective coverage. Passimian can even opt for Rock Slide for a better Golbat matchup, although Gunk Shot and Earthquake are stronger and provide more coverage than Rock Slide. Because of how much Passimian can do and how effective it is at its job, it can fit on almost any team. Because Passimian wants to be able to spam Close Combat, it appreciates teammates like Incineroar and Rotom that pressure Psychic-, Ghost-, and Poison-type Pokemon. Rotom in specifically (I've never heard that phrase before so that's why I changed it, but ignore if you know better) is a great partner, as it forms a VoltTurn core with Passimian and appreciates it dealing with Pokemon such as Incineroar, Pangoro, and Golbat.
GP 1/1

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
Remove Add Comments (AC)= add comma (RC)= remove comma (AH)= add hyphen (RH)= remove hyphen
Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot / Earthquake

Despite the increased usage of bulky Poison-types such as Garbodor and Weezing, Passimian has remained the best Choice Scarf user in NU thanks to its ability to revenge kill other top-tier Pokemon such as Incineroar, Heliolisk, and Aerodactyl while generating momentum with U-turn. While other Choice Scarf users generally struggle to make headway against their checks, Passimian can cripple switch-ins like Golbat and Weezing with Knock Off, pivot out with U-turn, or catch them with super effective coverage. Passimian can even opt for Rock Slide for a better Golbat matchup, although Gunk Shot and Earthquake are stronger and provide more coverage than Rock Slide. Because of how much Passimian can do and how effective it is at its job, it can fit on almost any team. Because Passimian wants to be able to spam Close Combat, it appreciates teammates like Incineroar and Rotom that pressure Psychic-, Ghost-, and Poison-type Pokemon. Rotom in specifically (I've never heard that phrase before so that's why I changed it, but ignore if you know better) is a great partner, as it forms a VoltTurn core with Passimian and appreciates it dealing with Pokemon such as Incineroar, Pangoro, and Golbat.
GP 1/1
looked up rules regarding it, and it appears to be a slang term. 'specifically' and 'in particular' are what people consider to be grammatically correct, so I changed it to the latter to keep author's voice I guess lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)