All Gens Past Gens Resource Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread will chronicle the various useful past gen guides and threads throughout this forum to better organize these resources. If there are any threads you feel would make great additions to this archive, you may post a nomination. Please include a link in your nomination post to the thread in question and a brief reason on why said thread deserves to be archived. Do not nominate a thread that is already nominated.

All Gens

#RuinsOfAlph - The official SynIRC channel for past gens discussion. Swing by to chat in real time with RoA regulars

Netbattle Supremacy Download Link
Still the only simulator with proper RBY support. If the registry is down, you can advance connect to: atq.zapto.org

The RoA SQSA - If you have a simple question about any past gens, feel free to ask in the SQSA and you'll get a prompt response.

Project RoA - Where you can find underrated and creative past gens sets.

Pokemon Through the Ages - A community discussion on a different Pokemon in various past gens each week.

1st Gen

Hipmonlee's "RBY Battling Guide"
Speed Tiers
Viability Rankings
Mechanical Differences

2nd Gen

Borat's "Guide to Competitive battling/team building"
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7 (Not really :P)
Speed Tiers
Viability Rankings
Threat List

3rd Gen

Speed Tiers
Viability Rankings
Threat List

4th Gen

RMT Archive
Warstory Archive
Speed Tiers
Viability Rankings

5th Gen

RMT Archive

Warstory Archive
Speed Tiers

Viability Rankings
Threat List

Last edited:
Good eye, sandz. Added!

Perfect Cell, that's an awesome resource, but it's better off in OI where Frontier discussion belongs, so I've moved it there ^.^

I think it would also be a good idea to show the old gen analyses that have already been updated.

And Hipmonlee's RBY guide is very good and contains pretty useful info regarding the main threats and the importance of status.

Added the viability rankings, as well as speed tiers and threat lists (how were they not on here ?_?), plus a few other selections like the DPP Warstory Archive, RBY Mechanical Differences, and some community projects.

I'd rather the archive be concise than a super huge pile of links, but I would like to see some more stuff added. I'll add to it as I think of things, but feel free to make more noms~

Finally added BW OU stuff to this. Should I add resources to other metas (Ubers, lower tiers, Doubles, LC) as well? I'd rather have this be a very concise resource that's easy for new players to navigate at a glance, but it seems a shame to leave out so much great info. I might just totally revamp this to spruce it up, so I'm open to suggestions here :3

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Should probably note that PO has better RBY support than NBS does these days, and of course a much bigger player base. (NBS has some minor improper mechanics involving Mimic but also the wrong type chart regarding Bug vs. Ghost.)

It's also the only reliable GSC simulator as of now. (Proper mechanics and no freezes - GSC has some Pursuit-related freezes that I cannot remember from the top of my head)

Finally added BW OU stuff to this. Should I add resources to other metas (Ubers, lower tiers, Doubles, LC) as well? I'd rather have this be a very concise resource that's easy for new players to navigate at a glance, but it seems a shame to leave out so much great info. I might just totally revamp this to spruce it up, so I'm open to suggestions here :3
Depends on the generation and tier. I think any Uber tier is good to add. For lower tiers, most seem niche besides DPP and BW. I wouldn't bother with anything else yet unless they're requested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)