Role Playing Pathfinder: REVOLUTION (Sign-Ups Closed)

Welcome to REVOLUTION, designed and hosted by Aura Guardian and Agape. This pathfinder homebrew campaign is set in the world of Golarion, specifically the nation of Druma. In this campaign, you will team up with communist revolutionaries to try and overthrow the Kalistocrats, a form of Aristocrat following a not-quite-religion centered around the Prophecies of Kalistrade, which prescribe pure capitalism.

DISCLAIMER BY AGAPE:

All possible thematic references to real political or philosophical ideologies are purely coincidental and jocular. Potential references are not meant to portray any degree of accuracy or insight. Everyone has their own interpretation on what is communism or capitalism, and for sure mine isn’t a textbook one. These are played for fun with some possibly accidental contemplation. Don’t make caricature communist characters, or capitalists for that matter. Do make characters that would choose to join and lead a communist revolution, whatever their reasons. Also sorry for the general cynicism here and in the player’s guide.

WARNING BY AURA GUARDIAN

I designed most of the fights. You have been warned.

IMPORTANT

This game will take 4-5 players, and will meet 3 times per month or the campaign will be cancelled. ALL PROSPECTIVE PLAYERS MUST, IN THEIR SIGNUP POST, EXPLAIN HOW BUSY THEY ARE, HOW WILLING THEY ARE TO RESCHEDULE IRL STUFF FOR THIS, AND THEIR FRIDAY/SATURDAY/SUNDAY AVAILABILITIES. ALSO, MIC AVAILABILITY AND WHY YOU CANNOT USE/BUY/STEAL ONE. (A text-only group is as fine as voiced.) Agape will pick players arbitrarily and cruelly mostly based on availability. The game is planned to last 6 sessions.

Helpful links:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/ has lots of 3rd party stuff, but hard to tell what is and isn’t.

http://www.archivesofnethys.com/ less up-to-date and no 3rd party stuff, but more precise.

Player’s Guide

Character Creation Summary

Start at level 2.

WBL is discarded - everyone instead starts with an equipment package. If you want a class that isn’t covered by this, talk with the hosts about a variant.

Agape’s including his complex special character building rules, see the player guide.

Signups:
Former Hope
DebtToTheDeathless
Hitmonleet
acidphoenix
Maxim
Ullar

Last edited:
Interested not too busy irl right now except working full time. I don't have fixed hours (which sucks to high heaven) but I can request a day off if I have advanced notice. For Fri/Sat/Sunday when I do work it's typically: Fri/Sat - 8am-5pm or 1pm-10pm (pst). Sunday 7am-4pm or 11am-9pm (pst again). Though I'd probably be hoping to just request the day off.

FOR GLORIOUS COMMUNISM!

I'm busy before 3pm EST most days because of my job, on Fridays I'm unavailable (I have my own campaign I have to run), but Saturday and Sunday are both good. I have ranted on end as to the problems with voice chat, so no mic here. Overall I'm not too busy and can try to reschedule things (like Friday) if need be.

/in

i can't be there fridays (spectre) but am available past 4 for the time being literally every other day

soccer starts soon which will make my weekend activity inconsistent / cause some weekday times to be unavailable, though

In.

My schedule is odd right now. Currently I'm available anytime except Sundays from 9:30 AM-12:30 PM. However I am currently seeking employment so I may be unable to attend if I have an interview or something that day. Will update you guys as things develop.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
potentially in - my weekends are very available, but this is subject to change. i'd put irl first, but irl doesn't seem to be calling anytime soon tbh.

These players are in for almost certain:
Maxim ok with timeslot
Hitmonleet weakly ok with timeslot
acidphoenix ok with timeslot

These players need to ponder timeslots more:
DebtToTheDeathless ok with timeslot
Ullar not ok with timeslot
Former Hope ok with timeslot

The current estimated timeslot would be 10pm-3am EST on either Saturday or Friday (either fixed or flexible every week). The almost certain players need to confirm that this works. I can flex that time +- 1 hour easily if needed.

The players on the second category, I need some input on if you can make that timeslot or not and how committed you think you can be to the game (looking at Ullar).

If someone still wants in, they must be able to make that timeslot and post in this thread about wanting to get in and their commitment to the game.

Last edited:
After talking with the players, here's the situation:
Starting on Fridays at 10pm EST works for everyone, but hitmonleet and acidphoenix would prefer to start at 9pm EST and Kruphix isn't sure if he gets off work to make the 9pm time. However, Kruphix knows his schedule earlier during the week. So every week we'll aim for the 9pm starting time, but if Kruphix and/or others cannot make it, we will push it back to 10pm.

The game will start on Friday the 16th March at 9pm EST, but might be pushed back by an hour. Mark this date down on your calendars.

We will aim to play 2-3 sessions per month, determined by my own availability. Aim to keep all Fridays free.

If a single player is missing, the session will happen. If the same player cannot make a sesson for the second time (on the whole, not in row) they are dropped from the campaign.

If two players are missing, the session will be cancelled. If a session would be cancelled for a second time (on the whole, not in row), then the campaign is cancelled.

Character building, other information and the game itself will now move onto the Discord server.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)