Peak 1700+ Mega-Mawile Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a team I threw together in like 5 minutes. It boosted my team all the way up to 1720. Then this team started doing rather poorly. I realized I have very little coverage to walls like Ferrothorn and Blissey, who stops me almost indefinitely if it has leech seed. I really like this team, I just want it to do better. Rotom-W is also a problem for this team due to its access to Rest+Chesto and it’s physical bulk.

Deoxys-Defense @ Red Card
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Magic Coat

This was the lead I first picked due to its bulk and access to magic coat. Red card allows for an advantage over U-turn and Volt-switch leads because they're switch advantage. Taunt and Magic Coat are for shutting down other hazard leads, slow defoggers like Mandibuzz. Stealth Rock and Spikes are for the obvious entry hazards that destroys Pinsir and helps chipping away at the enemy pokes. This also makes good fodder.

Aegislash @ Air Balloon
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield

This is an absolute monster. It gets great coverage and deals major damage for anything that switched in, especially since steels don't resist ghost moves anymore. This set is a special attacking set rather than a physical set because I had lacked a major special attacker. The air ballon was mainly to help counter Mega-Pinsir.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

This is my main revenge killer and Mega-Pinsir counter. Due to its natural bulk and high attack, it can tank a quick attack and OHKO with an unboosted rock slide. It also does fairly well against an unboosted Mega-Mawile because a Sucker Punch is not a STAB move. It's EV's are standard scarf with a jolly nature to maximize speed.

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Iron Head

This is my late game sweeper, and boy is it a beast. Huge Power basically makes this thing a nuke. It's fairy typing makes it a great answer to dragons who were nerfed this gen. The EV's are to maximize overall bulk and its huge attack stat after mega-evolving. Sucker Punch is for priority due to Mawile’s low speed.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP / 248 Atk / 4 Def / 168 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Substitute

Gyarados is my bulk attacker on this team. It resists Mawile’s only weakness fire and ground. This set is fairly nice but it can’t be constantly switching in due to its lack of defensive EV’s and it’s weakness to steal rock. However, it does do fairly well if an opponents Rotom-W is dead.

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 216 SAtk / 236 Spd
Mild Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt

This was my last addition to my team because I lacked a wall breaker and this one does it fairly well, bar chansey and blissey. When behind a sub, Kyurem does really well because of it’s high HP subs and it’s access to STAB Ice Beam and Fusion Bolt. Overall, it has done great things for me team, and can kill Aegislash due to its natural bulk.

Last edited:
Thats quite a frightening team I would add pictures though as its kinda hard to read a wall of text you can get pictures just by copying them from Serebii.

Couple of minor things first on Mega-Mawile Fire Fang/Brick Break > Iron Head
While Iron Head is a more reliably accurate STAB move than Play Rough it is not wrecking anything that Play Rough doesn't as most fairies are specially defensive and the only relevant defensive poison type is Venasaur who is taken care of by Kyurem-B. It also solves your Ferrothorn problem.

On Garchomp I would drop the redundant dual dragon coverage and pick up Fire Blast which shuts down Skarmory switch ins and again solves your Ferrothron problem, In addition I would change your nature to Naive to keep your Sp. Atk decently high.

I would suggest large changes but I'm not really very good at this RMT stuff but I can if you really want me to.

GaryTheGengar

I COULD BE BANNED!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
hey, really cool team! the first thing that stands out to me though is the lack of a switchin to aegislash. its not like you can pressure it all the time either, as it can fire off sballs vs deo and choice locked chomper. i'd suggest trying out max speed mawile with knock off on mawile. you now outspeed min speed heatran and do 98% min with knock off. to make up for the lack of ihead, i'd throw flash cannon on slash over sacred sword. sword is too weak to do anything to chansey without max atk. you only lose out on bisharp, which doesnt look like an issue for your team. good luck

dnite
Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Hey, great team, I really like how it synergizes so well with MMawile.

However, when looking at this team's great synergy, Kyurem-B sticks out like a sore thumb. I feel like it just kind of sits there, and doesn't do much work to help out the others in the team. I also feel like every wall Kyurem is breaking could just be SubDDed on by Gyarados just as well. All in all, Kyurem doesn't do all that much for the team as a whole.

Instead, I suggest running an Air Balloon Heatran set:

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Ancient Power

AB Heatran serves a similar synergetic function to Gyarados as it absorbs Fire and Ground moves aimed at Aegislash and Mawile.
In addition, it provides a strong check to Volcarona and Talonflame with resistances to their STABs and Ancientpower to answer. Heatran also provides strong answers to Ferrothorn, Skarmory and Aegislash.

All in all, I feel that Heatran brings much more to your team than Kyurem does.

If you don't like this set, and want more wall-breaking power, you can run a Specs Set with Overheat over Ancient Power, but I feel that your team already has enough set-up that most walls won't be too much of a problem.

Last edited:

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and since you're new, to join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.
Consider yourself as lucky, since you managed to get some rates.

Have a nice day.

PS : Stop posting 1-line contentless posts to bump your RMT, I'm getting tired of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)