ORAS OU People Like ¥øµ

People like you are the reason I keep the good so close.
And here you are so impressed with yourself, I see right through you.
How many people do you plan to burn?
And all the damage left at every turn.
You watched us struggle, and now you're parched with a thirst for attention,

to fuel the fire of your self obsession.
We'll watch you crumble.
You are the scum of the world, a
nd we'll watch you fall.

So, a lot of you probably know I've had a 1K team before, and I even had a RMT fairly recently. But after deleting way too many posts to remember, my post count went far below that number. The day has finally come to make my official 1K. I originally wanted to be unique and use Mega Latios, but after a lot of testing with it I eventually decided against it. It's a perfectly good (using "good lightly here) Pokemon and fun as hell to use, but I don't think it's one quite worthy of a 1K team. Maybe some other time. After that, I intended to build a Mega Manectric Spikes-oriented team, and I realize I've built a Houndoom team in the past, but I got a request from a couple different IRL friends to make another Houndoom team with Suicune (CroCune set only,,,). I took the challenge and... I ended up liking it quite a bit. So without further adieu, welcome to the weirdest mish-mash of music to ever exist.

So, clearly I started out with Houndoom and Suicune. Even though one is purely offensive while the other is not, they surprisingly work pretty good together. Houndoom obliterates Ferrothorn, Celebi and stallbreaker Mew, while Suicune sets up on Pokemon like Tyranitar, Landorus-T and Heatran, lacking Taunt.

Next up came Breloom. Aside from Scald burns, Breloom can handle bulky Water-types such as opposing Suicune and Azumarill that both Houndoom and Suicune might have issues with.

Landorus-T came next. A heavy hitter that can not only set up Rocks, but also provides really nice momentum with U-turn and can give opportunities for Houndoom to switch in safely.

Latias came next. A solid Defogger that prevents Houndoom from taking too much damage and the team's best counter to Keldeo. It also checks M-Manectric, which is a huge issue otherwise.

Jirachi came as the final member. Healing Wish support is amazing with Houndoom, and since Latias's set was already full, I decided to use Jirachi. Jirachi also handles bulky Fairy-types and can pivot with U-turn.

Plagued with images of a figure, how can I bare this?
Why must we bare this need to fulfill our nothingness they call serenity?
I want to break out of this place.
To embrace this hate I shatter every mirror but yet you reappear,
with a crooked smile and weathered face.

Oblivion (Houndoom) (F) @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Dark Pulse

So, obviously, everyone knows how much I like Houndoom, and I'll tell you, it's not the easiest Pokemon to make work. It's plagued with issues that limit its effectiveness, such as a weakness to Stealth Rock and a lot of common checks such as Tyranitar, Keldeo, and Azumarill, but it's still a super fun Pokemon to use and easily sweeps unprepared teams thanks to its good speed tier and massive power at +2. I've been messing around with a Super Fang set as of recently, and it's actually a pretty good option since it takes a massive chunk off of a lot of checks that lack reliable recovery, but Azumarill was a huge issue during team building so I ended up deciding on Sludge Bomb. It surprisingly pairs up with Suicune pretty well, massively denting bulky Grass-types, while Suicune can take on Ground-types and the likes, especially Pokemon like Scarf Landorus-T and Mega Lopunny.

I'm alone in a crowded room, conversations that I'll never remember.
Trapped in reality that shouldn't be, that shouldn't be!
Show me the way,
allow me to see cause my heart is broken.
Be my escape,
allow me to hear with a word unspoken.

Smokahontas (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

How ironic, I built a team with making it as offensive as possible, and half the time it still ends up being a stall war. I'm well aware that Manaphy would be the better choice for this type of team, however I was completely determined to build an offensive team around CroCune after my IRL friend convinced me. Suicune has really been shooting up in popularity as of recently, and i'ts not hard to see why. It's easily one of the most annoying Pokemon to fight against, surprisingly, pairs really well with Houndoom. The set is pretty self-explanatory, the most basic CroCune set created. I didn't end up using Roar, mainly because missing out on Sleep Talk is just brutal and leaves Suicune vulnerable for two turns, not to mention the challenge was to use CroCune.

Wake up to anxiety, the clock hits paranoia.
Slowly I begin to mask myself within.
So I'm begging for you.

Share with me, only star in the sky.
I need a sign from another light.

Share With Me (Breloom) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Rock Tomb

Breloom is pretty under-prepared for in the meta right now, and it honestly puts in just so much work in every battle I use it in. Crippling something with a 100% sleep status is absolutely crucial in some battles. Other than that, Breloom is capable of beating bulky Water-types like opposing Suicune and Mega Gyarados, and having Mach Punch means I can revenge kill Excadrill, even in Sand, and Mega Lopunny. I was going to use a Swords Dance set without Rock Tomb, but I feel the benefit of luring Tornadus-T and Talonflame is a lot better, although this might change in the future. Life Orb > Focus Sash simply because Sash is just really bad right now, and Life Orb guarantees the OHKO on said Lopunny and Excadrill.

What will you say as the cold
eats its way through your bones?
When the ice covers you completely
drained of all hope.

I hope they all can see through the changing of the seasons.
We all, we all blossom in spring and wither in winter.

Seasons (Landorus-Therian) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

I needed a Stealth Rock setter and a hard hitter, boom, Earth Plate Landorus-T. This thing hits so much harder than it looks like on paper, being able to 2HKO supposed switch-ins like Clefable and TankChomp right off the bat, and it even 2HKOs Ferrothorn after a small bit of prior damage. Sadly, it is noticeably frailer than defensive sets are, and this is really evident when trying to check powerful physical attackers such as Talonflame, Mega Altaria, and Life Orb Excadrill. U-turn is a really nice momentum and allows Houndoom to come in really safely against switch-ins like Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor and Mega Sableye.

You know I love to get the sheets messed up.
Put your hands on my chest because it might get rough.
Don’t stop me baby ‘til you’ve had enough,
come on, come on, come on!

Got my hands all over you,
there’s nothing I can do.
Feels like we're having déjà, déjà vu!

Déjà Vu (Latias) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

Latias stands as the team's hazard removal for Houndoom and is its best Keldeo counter. Thanks to Jirachi running Healing Wish, Latias has the freedom for everything it needs in a single set, as running Roost is really important for the team. Draco Meteor is Draco Meteor, Psyshock is Psyshock. I used Latias over Latios simply because its extra bulk helps checks Keldeo better in the long run, which is super important, as doesn't loathe burns quite as much. Latias is also a very nice check to Mega Manectric, which can get terrifying if it gets out of hand. Luckily, the rest of the team isn't weak to Bisharp or Tyranitar at all, and it really helps Latias's case.

That I believe in a heaven, but I don't believe it's up there
It is a place between two hearts
that keeps them from being scared.
Oh, there is love,
then there's true love.
And I hope you don't think I'm wrong,
Heaven is the place that you and I belong.

Stardust (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Other than being the spawn of satan himself, Jirachi is a decent check to common Fairy-types and revenges Mega Altaria if it gets a Dragon Dance boost. So many battles have just been me bullshitting past Jirachi's checks with the high flinch chance (I remember flinching a Heatran enough times to KO it from full). Putting Healing Wish on Jirachi frees up a slot for Latias as well, allowing it to run both dual STABs and Defog and Roost. I ended up choosing Ice Punch over Fire Punch simply because TankChomp provides more immediate issues to the team than Ferrothorn does. This is yet another Pokemon that provides really nice momentum with U-turn, another reason I chose it.

I realize I'm not the world's best teambuilder and I know there are issues, but the team was a hell of a lot of fun to use on the ladder. It served me really well in my short time laddering for OLT. It's nice to have a team that doesn't straight up lose to Talonflame and Weavile as well, haha.
Great conclusion rec 10/10

Oblivion (Houndoom) (F) @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Dark Pulse

Smokahontas (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Share With Me (Breloom) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Rock Tomb

Seasons (Landorus-Therian) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Déjà Vu (Latias) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

Stardust (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Here have some shoutouts I guess

There's quite a lot of them here. I'm not going to get too sappy since i'm not the best writer but if you're on this list remember ily :3

IF I MISSED ANYONE PLS LET ME KNOW IDK

Karxrida Tressed
These two must be insane to put up with me as much as they do. Whether it be Skype calls that can last countless hours or simply trading Tumblr jokes, they're pretty much the most loyal friends a girl can have. I promise you that I will get TF2 someday! Love you two n_n

Mysteria : Long time friend here (since pretty much the month I joined), and we've pretty much been talking ever since. Helped me through a lot of things and i wouldn't be where I am now without you. you really need to come on skype more imo, even if it's just talking to me

xzern :
[9/13/2015 10:19:09 PM] hentai can kill you: Have YOU Ever wanted to watch an Anime with HOT, GAY, GUYS?
[9/13/2015 10:19:29 PM] recreant is emo: oh no
[9/13/2015 10:19:35 PM] hentai can kill you: THEN THE ANIME FOR YOU IS Neon Genesis Evangelion (1995)
[9/13/2015 10:20:11 PM] hentai can kill you: This Anime has Everything, including but not Limited To:
[9/13/2015 10:20:14 PM] hentai can kill you: - gay people
[9/13/2015 10:20:16 PM] hentai can kill you: - hot guys
[9/13/2015 10:20:19 PM] hentai can kill you: - hot girls
[9/13/2015 10:20:25 PM] hentai can kill you: - psychologically damaging plotline
[9/13/2015 10:20:29 PM] hentai can kill you: And MORE!
[9/13/2015 10:21:20 PM] hentai can kill you: my dude you should watch evangelion

Kurona : bae idk what to write here but ily

Celticpride : It's honestly been a really joy working with you in not just theorymon, thanks for being a cool dude I guess idk o:

QueBien : ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Serious talk I'm blaming you for my new obsession with Halo so you're going to owe me a lot of money by the end of this

Snobalt : my personal fangirl
Lol seriously, a huge encouragement for me in terms of smogon and it's been really fun talking to you over all this time

boltsandbombers : change your avatar imo, you've had this one for so long o:

-Clone- : i swear to god if you get one more badge i think i'm going to eat my fingers

anto : It's nice to have somebody on this god forsaken website who I can just rant to about bands imo, I remember when you were just a ladybug haha, you've come a long way and I'm sure you're going farther o:

aberdeen : shitty firebot poster #374

Talenheim : We really need to chat more often, you seem pretty interesting haha

Dr Ciel : another person who i can talk to about bands o:
you should probably listen more to I See Stars imo

unfixable : Miss you a lot boo, I'm glad to see you're still around here and there though :D

Aragorn the King : Honestly the person in OU I look up to the most, you've been a huge encouragement to me so thanks u_u

Hootie :

FookMi? : BUILD MORE TEAMS WITH ME

Viridi : zygarde
is best dog

Rhythms : here's your shoutout you weeb idk what to put here

SparksBlade : Have you learnt how to properly gif yet?

ThePack : COME ON SKYPE MORE WE ALL MISS YOU

rubsomebacononit : Grats on your ladybug dude, we should probably be talking a bit more as well o:

Here are some other assorted shoutouts and people I haven't really talked as much as the others (mainly people in the skype group) who I think should be here. :o

Tokyo Tom Minus Spy Magnemite macle AD impish john Albacore Dratios Froggyboy Hulavuta Brawl MK ThatCrazyRussian bludz Laurel Creator of Chaos[/USER DarkNostalgia Cretacerus Soulblaster

littlelucario
you asked for one so here

Last edited:

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This team is really solid. I only have a couple of suggested changes.

Thundurus and other electric types are pretty threatening to the squad. For this reason I would suggest making Latias a little bit bulkier. The slightly bulkier spread I've used is 152 HP / 104 SpA / 252 Spe. Just lets you tank some hits a little better and still hits a Life Orb number I believe.

To help with this I would also consider Zen Headbutt on Jirachi over Ice Punch. This can actually do decent damage to Manectric and also SubCM Raikou (with the flinch god chance) which are big threats. It looks to me like Jirachi is actually the only pokemon that TankChomp annoys that much; it checks Houdoom at full but everything else can smack it without taking any recoil so I don't think you need Ice Punch. Psychic STAB also helps with Venusaur a bit which looks like a bit of a pain.

I have one more suggestion but I'm not as sure about it. Taunt over Nasty Plot on Houndoom. You know this pokemon better than me so maybe I'm wrong but I feel like the stallbreaking potential might be more useful against fat teams with stuff like Chansey. NP looks better against balance but I think your matchup there is already pretty solid.

BTW grats on 1k 2.0

Nedor

thiccc
Hey Recreant, looks like a pretty fun and solid balanced build. I agree with bludz that running a bulkier Latias spread to better check offensive Electrics, as well as Zen Headbutt > Ice Punch on Jirachi since you have multiple ways of breaking past bulky grounds such as Garchomp and Landorus-T. The aforementioned move helps in weakening or removing SubCM Keldeo which annoys Suicune as well as M-Doom. I disagree with running Taunt over Nasty Plot on M-Houndoom as Taunt alone cannot break stall from personal experience, and Nasty Plot helps break fat balance (something along the lines of ScarfTar / M-Venu / Clef / Mana / Chomp / Skarm). Aside from this, I have a few suggestions that would benefit the team without changing the overall goal too much.

First off, variants of DD Mega Altaria such as Refresh | Heal Bell, Cotton Guard + DD and EQ + Return / Frustration / Facade are extremely annoying for this build as Scarf Jirachi gets worn down fairly quickly and it's your only way of beating it reliably. Standard LO Lati is troublesome as Jirachi gets pressured and overwhelmed through standard offensive cores. Furthermore, bulky DD Zard-X is problematic for the team since Landorus-T is offensive, and uses a few members as set-up fodder. Offensive QD Volcarona is a threat (especially Passho Berry variants) that can't really be dealt with properly as it uses Jirachi, Mega Houndoom, Latias and Suicune as set-up fodder and cannot be revenge killed. As you can see, mainly set-up sweepers cause issues, but this problem can be amended with a few changes.

I know you did mention that Roar Suicune would leave you vulnerable for 2 turns, but running CM + Roar Suicune would mitigate most of the problems I mentioned by being capable of phazing the threatening set-up sweepers. Running Roar is also appreciated due to the fact that it stacks Rocks damage on the opposing teams allowing CM Suicune, NP M-Doom or Scarf Rachi have an easier time cleaning. Although you mentioned that Sash Loom is terrible in the current meta, it would help deal with the threats I mentioned as something else would be capable of revenge killing them while they're Spored, not only this, but Lando-T + Suicune + Scarf Jirachi deals with Mega Lopunny and Sand offense efficiently. Furthermore, I'd personally run Swords Dance > Rock Tomb on Loom to help break the likes of SD Gliscor and bulky Waters which can be sort of problematic, and you deal with Talonflame / Tornadus-T fairly well, but this is all in theory and Rock Tomb can still be ran. Running Taunt + Nasty Plot Mega Houndoom would help the team deal with standard stall builds like Chansey / Skarm / M-Sab / Quag / Cress or Goth / Clef or whatever, but it would leave you more vulnerable to Mega-Alt and Azumarill because you would then lack Sludge Bomb.

Some tiny nitpicks are running 248 HP > 252 HP on Suicune to take minimal damage from hazards, as well as changing the spread to 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe. The speed on Suicune enables it to creep standard M-Venu, minimum speed Rotom-W, Adamant Crawdaunt, as well as SpD Heatran to Rest before being taunted.
------

Houndoom @ Houndoominite | Flash Fire
Timid Nature | 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
• Nasty Plot
• Fire Blast
• Dark Pulse
• Sludge Bomb | Taunt

Latias @ Life Orb | Levitate
Timid Nature | 152 HP / 104 SpA / 252 Spe
• Draco Meteor
• Psyshock
• Roost
• Defog

Breloom @ Focus Sash | Technician
Jolly Nature | 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
• Spore
• Mach Punch
• Bullet Seed
• Swords Dance | Rock Tomb

Suicune @ Leftovers | Pressure
Bold Nature | 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
• Scald
• Calm Mind
• Roar
• Rest

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf | Serene Grace
Jolly Nature | 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
• Iron Head
• Zen Headbutt
• U-turn
• Healing Wish

tl;dr:
------
Nasty Plot > Taunt
152 HP / 104 SpA / 252 Spe > 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Roar > Sleep Talk | 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe > 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Zen Headbutt > Ice Punch
Focus Sash > Life Orb | Swords Dance > Rock Tomb

------
In conclusion, the build looks extremely fun to use while also having a good match-up against most archetypes. Grats on your 1k post as well Recreant, hope I didn't miss anything too important, the changes I mentioned are all in theory and might work differently in practice so testing would be recommended. n_n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)