Perfection! (Peaked #13) Pokemon Online Server!

Introduction

Sup Sons!

Hello there boys and girls, today I want to share with you my as you could say "Balanced Team" or as I like to call it, The Best Damn Synergy Evar! So I first off want to get into what I was thinking when I made this team. I started off thinking about what there was to play in the current meta game. There were so many things to choose from I was overwhelmed by so many things to play I didn't know what to choose! I figured everyone is playing weather so I decided I'd try trick room, but sadly trick room didn't work in my favor. Then I decided to play stall and yet again that failed to amuse me. So I was thinking why not give a good old mixed team a try! Hours went by thinking of what to use and I came up with in my opinion a very annoying but yet very beneficial team with great synergy and also annoying. So now I present to you my masterpiece!

Please give it a rate and enjoy this team give it a try, test it out and make it better together!

Team Building Process

Well while I was analyzing the meta game I knew I would need something to for sure counter Doryuzuu (Excadrill) and Tyranitar and I knew Gliscor would be one a perfect check to them. Also it takes care of Breloom, Terrakion, Blaziken ect. It is also a great physical wall and can take most hits with ease.

After I added Gliscor I needed something to take care of his Ice/Water Weakness at first I thought Slowking would be a great special wall but then I decided that I wanted something that could absorb water attacks and also status the opposing Pokemon I was thinking Vaporeon until I saw this Pokemon Jellicent and knew that it had to be on my team.

So I had covered Gliscor's weakness but now I needed something to resist Dark/Ghost/Electric for Jellicent. I already knew that Gliscor could take care of the obvious Electric attacks but I still needed something to take care of the other 2 crucial weaknesses that Jellicent still had and the first think that came to my mind was Heatran since he resist both Dark and Ghost and is weak to Water/Ground/Fighting. Gliscor takes Ground and Fighting and Jellicent takes Water and Fighting so it was already looking perfect.

So after discovering the perfect synergy I decided to add one of my favorite pokes that can benefit this team quite decently that is also annoying with it's Spore attack and that is Breloom. It is one of my all time favorite pokes since I picked it up back in 4th Gen. It's just a great annoying Pokemon that hits hard and is just decent in so many ways.

Now I was thinking I pretty much have the perfect set up I can add whatever I want now but I decided I would try and stick to as much resistances as possible. I needed a lead and I was thinking that Genesect/Macham/Dragonite would be a good annoying anti lead but I was led on to Jirachi by one of my friends and he said it would be one of the most perfect annoying leads out there it's a great counter lead with it's Serene Grace ability. I have also been a fan of jirachi for quite some time so I thought I'd give it a try!

Last but definitely not least was Dragonite now keep in mind I do have 3 Pokemon weak to Ice and 3 Pokemon that resist Ice also 2 weak to fire but 3 that resist it. The last Pokemon I decided to put on this team was the Parashuffling Dragonite because it had the new released move Dragon Tail and also Dragonite tends to be bulky, So with the access of Thunder Wave and Dragon Tail Dragonite was one of the most annoying pokes I have seen thus far.

Team At A Glance

In Depth Analysis

Jirachi @ Leftovers Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Def / 16 SDef / 196 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Zen Headbutt
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

After making this team and looking at it at a glance I knew this team was going to be a para hax status annoying stall team. With that being said Jirachi was the obvious choice for a lead with it's body Slam and Serene Grace it's able to have a 60% chance to paralyze the opposing leads. Jirachi is such a key part t this team vs other leads against standard Politoed Jirachi does around 46%-52% (If my calculations are off please let me know) Which is very decent also having the chance to get parahax makes it that much sweeter. Iron Head does massive damage to any Tyranitar and also having that extra flinch almost every time makes Tyranitar almost useless (Without the fact that he sets up sand for Sandstorm Teams) Also, Having Zen headbutt hits Kojondo, Blaziken, Gengar and Crobat for most of the leads I have run into and does rediculous damage to them as well.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Fling
- Protect

Gliscor is definitely a key part to this team as it completely walls Roobushin, Blaziken, Infernape, Breloom, Virizion, Terrakion, Garchomp and Doryuzuu. With his amazing bulk and his new Poison Heal ability makes him a new force to be reckoned with. I see some people running Ariel Ace and Toxic and think to myself why would you do that? For those who don't know I gues that when you fling a Toxic Orb Acrobatics base stats go from 60 to 110 (So I've heard) and that is quite amazing seeing as it is also stab from Gliscor which makes it even better. Also, With fling you get damage and most of the time the opposing Pokemon gets Poisoned (keep in mind it does nothing to steal types) But there are 4 other Pokemon that can inflict status on this team.

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Scald
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

I accidentally deleted this part and had to start over so jellicent isn't as in depth as before so I'll be summing up what I was intended to say before -.-

Jellicent is the glue of this team if it dies it makes the battle a lot more difficult than expected but you are still able to pull off a victory without it. A big reason why I chose it is because it can handle both Gliscor and Heatran's weaknesses and live most special attacks with ease. It's able to live a Shandow Ball from Shandera and usually get around 80%-OHKO with Scald. Also, Scizor Vs Jellicent is a wonder to see. Even though Jellicent is a special wall it can still take care of Scizor on its own if needed. Seeing Jellicent's amazing special bulk makes it a great Pokemon being able to take both special and physical hits and being able to status the opponent makes it one of the greatest special walls in the game today.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
- Roar
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Lava Plume

Next up on the board is Heatran. After seeing that it worked so well with Gliscor and Jellicent and having him as a member on this team I knew I wanted some sort of annoying Heatran since I wanted to make this team annoying as possible. At first I was thinking torment Heatran but then I thought that might not work as well as I want it to. So I decided to use and Sub Stall variant of Heatran. Against Drought teams Heatran just has a field day and goes happy and he laughs in Shandera's face getting a sub on the switch and being able to Toxic the incoming target and if the opponent sends in a steal type to take the toxic he has the lava plume as a back up plan. Behind a sub he can do so many things Against Sand Drought and Hail. Against rain it's a whole different story though. With Heatran able to burn and Toxic opponents it makes him such an annoying Pokemon to go against and in the event that he goes against anything he's weak against he has the appropriate counters supporting him. Also with Stab Lava Plume it makes it still very powerful even though he's specially defensive as well.

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb

"Oh no! He's not using a Technician Breloom!"
I know and I have reasons why I prefer this style of Breloom over the new technician Breloom. I like this set better because it compliments my team very well it can Spore set up a Sub and it hits like a truck against any threat. It has more of that annoying stall effect for my team than the other version. I know the priority is a key factor this gen with Mach Punch but for one technician Breloom dies a lot faster than this one does and I have a counter for just about every Pokemon in the meta game so I don't need to rely on Breloom's priority. With it's Poison heal ability it's also able to gain health, Spore, and sub for days and with Focus Punch it hits any Pokemon hard even if it does resist it. which I think works out better in my favor than Mach Punch in my opinion and seed bomb may not be as good at bullet seed but it still gets the job done.

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SDef / 12 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Tail
- Substitute
- Roost

Finally we come down to Dragnonite I would say the most annoying on this team for a different variety of reasons. To start it off it has it's new Multiscale ability which 1/2 attacks if Dragonite is at full health So it is no longer OHKO'd by most of it's weaknesses and still able to get a sub up in the process. Thunder Wave is key! Thunder Wave and the new move Dragon Tail are the perfect moves together Thunder Wave to cripple opposing Pokemon and Dragon Tail being able to shuffle their Pokemon. For those who don't know what Dragon Tail does it's like Roar or Whirlwind but in attack form but with it's benefits come conflicts. A problem it has is it misses about 1-2 times if not more when you try and use it so you must play Dragonite with caution. Also seeing as we have Thunder Wave and Roost we are able to Roost off the damage from Pokemon/Weather Effects/Substitute and get us all the way back up to Multiscale with ease.

Threats

Coming Soon!

Importable

Jirachi @ Leftovers Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Def / 16 SDef / 196 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Zen Headbutt
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SDef / 12 Spd
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Tail
- Substitute
- Roost

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
- Roar
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Lava Plume

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Fling
- Protect

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
- Toxic
- Scald
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

Final Glance

Notes and Appreciation

I wanna give a big thanks to Dezza Laa for the RMT layout.
On a side note I want to add that I will be updating this more but I'm at Starbucks and I don't have much time to put into this RMT as I want.

PLEASE DON'T CLOSE THIS THREAD!
I'll be extending this over the next few days.
Thank you everyone for rating!

WOW. That is a nasty list of resistances + immunities ;O

The only thing that you kind of addressed was the fact that half your team is weak to Ice. I guess it is good that one of them is Burungeru, which has a reliable form of recovery, otherwise it would seem to be a bit of a nuisance.

If you don't mind giving up on Zen Headbutt on Jirachi you could always run Wish. Still works the same and it is easy to get a Wish thanks to parahax.

Nasty Plot Thunderus could be a bit of a problem with a Nasty Plot under it's belt.

+2 HP Ice
Breloom 244.2 ~ 287.7% OHKO
Gliscor 303.9 ~ 358.1% OHKO
Dragonite 79.6 ~ 93.7% OHKO after any prior damage

+2 Thunderbolt
Burungeru 148.5 ~ 175.2% OHKO
Jirachi 121.5 ~ 143.1% OHKO

+2 Focus Blast
Heatran 129.8 ~ 153.2% OHKO

I guess that there really isn't anything you can do unless you want to slot in a ScarfChomp or ScarfSwine. Chomp adds a 3rd 4x weakness to Ice while Mamos adds some nasty weaknesses, so I don't know if you really want to add them. Other than that this thing has virtually no counters. Just be wary to kill it ASAP.

Also 2 Poison Heal Mons seem a bit redundant but that is your choice.

GL

I see a nasty weakness to mammoswine even though he's not that common ^^ , he outspeed everything on your team and ohko , i'm not sure about buru but i'm sure he'll take quite a bunch with EQ :D

overall the team is quite slow so you'll have a bit of problem with HO teams , gliscor won't be able to wall everything and once your opponent realize that once gliscor is gone the path is open .. it's over

oh and one more thing ..gliscor doesn't wall virizion , she outspeed him and calm mind versions (the most common ) have HP ice ..

good team but some obvious flaws .

The only thing I can recommend as a safe Thunderus counter that is plausible this metagame has to be Garchomp, which means you need to get rid of Dragonite, but I love that Dragonite set :3.

It's up to you but I reckon it isn't really worth it, but it never hurt to try :)

GL

You have a ridiculous Gliscor weakness. The standard defensive Taunt, Protect, EQ, Ice Fang takes down every single one your team members except for Jellicent which it can still taunt and screw over.

Your team also seems unfocused. You have 3 different status moves. Breloom becomes way less useful when it can't spore anything because everything is statused already.

I also don't believe you are taking advantage of your teams strengths. You have 2 bulky shufflers yet no spikes. Dragonite isn't killing anything and kinda just sits there. You need to decide on a direction to take the team. More stallish or more offensive. With a Jellicent on the team I'd recommend you add a spiker and change some of your sets or throw in a poke like CM roar Latias over Dragonite to lessen your Gliscor weakness.

It's a good start but it's trying to do everything and does none of it well and all of that can't possibly fit well on one team. Give your team some more structure and focus and you should do fine.

Can you guys actually recommend pokes please that help benefit the team? Not just saying to add counters and find somewhere for spikes? I could use some serious rates please.

Thank you.

Actually Jellicent can handle Gliscor well if you make it more balanced in the defences, Ice Beam is a sure OHKO. Scald can work too.

I was possibly thinking about making breloom into a nattorei (ferrothorn) and making it have spikes and then make it a little more stall that way. What else might I be able to do with this team?

Hi Zapdos,

If you take away Breloom I thin k Hydriegon will become more of a problem. Like people above me have said you are using a fairly large amount of Status moves and you have Paralysis on two members of your team. I would like to suggest a set to replace Dragonite. I know Dragonite is good at what it does but you lack raw offensive power outside of Breloom.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 192 HP / 64 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Roar

Nattorei (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

I included a Ferrothorn set just incase you still wanted to change still. This Latias will outspeed latios carrying Hidden Power [Fire]. This set is so deadly when you have taken out it's counters. Good luck. Sorry there was no full rate.

Zapdos, I loaded this team up on pokemon online and i must say its really fun to play with. I have had a few people call me names because all of the hax and how annoying it was to play against. But you are seeming to lack offense.

I think that Jirachi, Jellicent, Breloom and Gliscor need no changes and do their job well.

On the other hand i love the dragonite, but its lack of attacking moves really hurt its potential. I would suggest dropping sub because it sorta kills the purpose of multiscale and takes away your hp. But if you dont drop that then you are in need of more spikes and toxic spikes cuz the stealth rocks dont do enough damage on the switch.

Personally I dont like bulky heatrans they have to many weaknesses also dragonite already does your shuffling so he is being out classed by dragonite. So i would make heatran into a revenge killer set to help the lack in offense.

I changed Dragonite to latios and made Heatran offensive and it seems to be working quite well and also I madde breloom into technician breloom also working well any more suggestions?

Lamppost

I put the milk in first
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey zapdos,

This team is really solid but i did notice a big weakness that it has. The biggest weakness i saw was to nasty plot thundurus. It is capable of ohko'ing every member of your team barring jirachi, which it 2hko's. Jirachi could technically be considered a check but i think you need a more solid one. I would try a choice band dragonite in the place of your t-wave shuffle d-nite. It can effectively revenge thundurus and can ohko with Ex-speed after SR (which you have). It also has around a 600 attack stat after the choice band boost so that coupled with STAB outrage is capable of even 2hko'ing gliscor. Try this set out, it has really helped me against sun teams too.

Dragonite@choice band / Multi Scale
Adamant 4HP / 252Atk / 252Spe
-Extremespeed
-Outrage
-Dragon Claw
-Fire Punch

Fire punch lets you beat nattorei and gives you perfect coverage paired with outrage. Dragon claw is there for late game sweeping, or if you just don't want to be locked into outrage.

Hope i helped, good luck!

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It looks like SD Garchomp could pose some serious problems for your team. If he's allowed to set up he OHKOs or 2HKOs your entire team utilizing only Outrage and Earthquake. If SR is up even Marvel-Scale won't help you. Might want to consider some scarfed dragon or a HP Ice genie :) diggin' the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)