OU Perish Song Marowak

Snorlax - Body Slam/Earthquake/Curse/Rest

The role of Snorlax on this team is to slow down others. I think he works well as the lead, for the others can struggle a bit to another lead Snorlax. Earthquake is the best coverage move for it on this team to handle ghost and ground types, who otherwise could cause issues for the other teammates. Rest could be foregone for self destruct which may help let some others sweep, though I'm not sure the lack of defense is worth it.

Cloyster - Ice Beam/HP Electric/Spikes/Rapid Spin

Cloyster wants to hit Zapdos and Exeggutor hard to cover marowak and Venusaur better. Electric coverage helps against Cloyster, Tentacruel, and Starmie at low health,who also give these two issues. Explosion could be considered, but rapid spin is standard for a Marowak team, so I would stick with this.

Zapdos - Thunder/HP Ice/Sleep Talk/Rest

The standard Zapdos set. Thunder helps spread paralysis better and packs the extra power vs many pokemon which this team needs, so this is the electric move you want. Ice covers more than HP water or any other move does on this team. This could also be a decent lead for the team.

Tyranitar - Rock Slide/Crunch/Dynamic Punch/Roar

This set gives Tyranitar all the coverage he needs to assist the teammates. Opposing tyranitar and rhydon can be hard to switch into so dynamic punch helps for them. Snorlax is hesitant to stay in once dynamic punch is revealed which otherwise can create pressure against tyranitar more so. Crunch is there to handle the psychic and ghost types which marowak and Venusaur would like removed.

Venusaur - Giga Drain/HP Ice/Growth/Sleep Powder

This was my last addition to the team and I think it covers the weaknesses well. Since marowak can't sweep as well without swords dance, another sweeper helps, growth allows Venusaur to do this, and its typing gives it an easier time to come in on Pokemon like Machamp. Sleep Powder is there to help assist in getting kos and likely forcing switches, a set many are familiar with when thinking of Venusaur.

Marowak-Earthquake/HP Rock/Fire Blast/Perish Song

This set is what the team is mostly revolved around. Marowak with perish song is quite useful, it can guarantee wins once your opponent has one Pokemon left, and is the only perish user that can hit hard physically without sacrificing itself. HP Rock is used since rock slide isn't compatible with perish song, and fire blast gives it a way to hit skarmory.

I've been through many versions, and have tried different Pokemon looking to see what works best, and this seems to be the most effective and consistent team I've made so far with perish song Marowak. Curse Heracross may be a problem if Zapdos/ Snorlax goes down, everything else seems covered quite well.

Last edited:
I'm going to give this a try, I saw that Marowak has Perish Song in teambuilder, so I had to look into it. Thanks a lot! :)

I'll let you know how it goes

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
The problem with Perish Song Marowak is that Marowak can just directly murder literally everything plus it has no defense to personally stall for PS to activate either, so the use case of it is pretty much entirely "I have multiple mons left against my opponent's last and it is capable of sweeping all of them including Marowak, but not fast enough to outpace Perish Song activating." It's an awfully narrow niche, honestly. I think I've seen it happen a small handful of times with Curselax against stall teams utilizing non-Curse Skarmory and that's about it, but your stall team wouldn't have a Marowak on it anyway unless it was built specifically to setup SD Marowak (which would favor Rest or Hidden Power over PS).

:blobshrug:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)