Pet Mod Clean Slate: Micro

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Approved by G-Luke, idea adapted with permission from The Cruelest
CLEAN SLATE: MICRO
Welcome to Clean Slate, the Pet Mod that aims to do exactly as the title states: Create a brand new "micrometagame" from scratch, with the ultimate goal of creating a balanced yet still varied compact metagame existing separately from any existing tier. No Toxapex here! This will be achieved by slates that consist of a certain role (Stallbreaker, Physical Wall, Offensive Pivot) or a mixture of several roles, which will fill up a role compendium listed below. But wait! This isn't normal Clean Slate- This is Clean Slate Micro, an experiment on going even more micro with a micrometa! We aim for around 20 pokemon for this meta (compared to the 42 of Clean Slate). A full-on Clean Slate 2 will be a Gen 8 affair.

RULES:

Submission Phase:
Submission phase lasts for a few days. In the submission phase, users submit existing pokemon altered to fit the current slate. The slates will consist of a few requests for a certain role (Stallbreaker, Physical Wall, Offensive Pivot) or a mixture of several roles, which will fill up a corresponding role compendium listed below. Note that your submission can have roles apart from the one it fills, but it should first and foremost fit the slate (Think of gliscor being a stallbreaker but also working as a pretty decent defensive defogger)
The pokemon submitted can be altered in any way, whether that be through typing, stats, abilities, and/or movepools. Custom moves/abilities are allowed as long as they are clones of existing elements. Additionally, if submitting an NFE pokemon, clarify after its name if its Eviolite-compatible (e.g. Boldore (no Eviolite)). Mega-Evolutions are not allowed unless a slate specifically calls for one.

The submission format is the following (example using the OU metagame):

Name of the Pokemon: (e.g. Heatran)
Role(s): (e.g. Stallbreaker, Special Wall, Trapping)
Type: (e.g Steel/Fire)
Abilities: (e.g. Flash Fire)
Stat Distribution: (e.g. 91/90/106/130/106/77)
Movepool Additions: (e.g. none)
Movepool Removals: (e.g. none)
Custom Elements: (optional, this is where you explain )
Justification: (e.g. Heatran acts as a competent Taunt-based Stallbreaker with a powerful Magma Storm that can trap and ensure the elimination of key targets. Additionally, its good bulk alongside a typing that fears the commonly-physical Ground-type, Heatran can act as a decent special wall if invested. It can also set rocks, and use a Choice Scarf in order to surprise checks such as Charizard-Y and Tapu Lele)

It should be noted that all submissions should be based around the metagame- If "fast" in this pet mod ends up being around 90-100 a powerful attacker with a "poor" speed of 90 wouldn't be appropriate.

Voting Phase
Voting phase lasts for around a day. In the voting phase, users vote for their preferred submissions and the winning submissions are added to the role compendium and spreadsheet.
The voting format is as follows:

Role in question: 1st preferred option, 2nd preferred option, 3rd preferred option.

Note: These self voting rules and the explanation are from good user lyd, slightly adapted to fit this pet mod
If you want to vote for yourself now, it gets slightly more complicated. You can always keep voting for yourself as second, but you can change the order a bit, for as long as the number of self-votes equals 2x the number of submissions you made. Let's use some examples to make it more understandable:

Stallbreaker: Yoshiblaze, Exploudit, Ludicrousity
Special Wall: Ludicrousity, Exploudit, Yoshiblaze
Defensive Pivot: Ludicrousity, Exploudit, Yoshiblaze

So this voting format is good, cuz' i voted for myself as second three times, and when you add everything up, I gave myself 6 votes, which is fine, as it is exactly the number of submissions I made for the slate x2. However, say I liked my Stallbreaker submission a lot, and I really want it to win, I can play around with my votes a little bit:

Stallbreaker: Exploudit, Yoshiblaze, Ludicrousity
Special Wall: Ludicrousity, Exploudit, Yoshiblaze
Defensive Pivot: Ludicrousity, Yoshiblaze, Exploudit

So to make my Stallbreaker first vote, I moved my Defensive Pivot self-vote to last. Makes sense, right? And when you add up the votes, 3 + 2 + 1 = 6 which is exactly what I want. Let's say that I like my Special Wall and Defensive Pivot submissions more, and I didn't like my Stallbreaker submission too much. I can do this:

Stallbreaker: Yoshiblaze, Ludicrousity, G-Luke
Special Wall: Exploudit, Ludicrousity, Yoshiblaze
Defensive Pivot: Exploudit, Ludicrousity, Yoshiblaze

3 + 3 adds up to six, so I'm good to that. Small note that this can't be done if I made no Stallbreaker submission because if that was the case, the number of submissions I made x2 would actually end up as 4, which isn't enough. Also, had I only made a single submission, I'd always have to self-vote as #2 or lower because making only one submission gives me only two self-vote points. I hope that was clear, if you had any trouble to understand this, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it as best as I can.

In case of a tie, a tiebreaker will be held. The two users in question cannot vote for themselves in this, but they're perfectly free to just not vote ;)

Council:

leonard (from big bang theory)
Brodaha

Scoopapa
Current Slate:
Starting out- Our first pair

Spreadsheet:
click here!

Discord:
https://discord.gg/27UW3uT

Last edited:

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
Viability Rankings+Samples

S-Rank:
These Pokemon define the metagame. These Pokemon excel at the roles they occupy and can fit on pretty much any team.
A-Rank:
These Pokemon tend to preform their roles very well and require little support in the process. They are quite viable in the metagame.

Bottom
B-Rank:
These Pokemon have a notable niche in the metagame but tend to require some support or have significant flaws holding them back.

Bottom
C-Rank:
These Pokemon tend to preform poorly if not properly supported, or lack a solid niche.

Last edited:

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
Role Compendium
Wallbreakers:
Physical: :farfetch:pupitar::torterra::type-null:
Special: :ninetales::malamar::magearna::rotom-wash::kyurem:
Mixed: :magearna::malamar:

Stallbreakers:

Taunt-Based: :dugtrio-alola::rotom-wash:
Setup-Based: :pupitar::heracross::malamar::kyurem:

Walls:

Physical: :torterra::rotom::rotom-wash::crobat:
Special: :wailord::dragalge::umbreon::ludicolo::rotom-heat:
Mixed: :wailord::rotom-heat:

Pivots:

Offensive: :dugtrio-alola: :farfetch:galvantula::purugly::rotom::rotom-wash::rotom-mow::rotom-heat::magearna::type-null:
Defensive: :galvantula::heracross::rotom::rotom-wash::magearna::rotom-heat:

Clerics:

Wish: :wailord::umbreon:
Heal Bell: :umbreon::magearna:

Entry Hazards:

Stealth Rocks: :dugtrio-alola::pupitar::torterra::heracross::rotom-heat:
Spikes: :dugtrio-alola:
Toxic Spikes: :dragalge:

Hazard Control:

Defog: :farfetch:wailord::rotom::rotom-wash::crobat::rotom-heat:
Rapid Spin: :rotom-mow: :ludicolo:

Choice Item Users:
Choice Band: :farfetch:torterra::purugly::type-null:
Choice Specs: :ninetales::galvantula::malamar::magearna::rotom-wash::kyurem:
Choice Scarf: :farfetch:ninetales::rotom-wash::type-null::kyurem:

Trappers:
Pursuit:
:purugly::umbreon:

Priority:

Sucker Punch: :dugtrio-alola::purugly: Bullet Punch: :type-null: Extreme Speed: :ninetales: First Impression: :farfetch Prankster: :rotom:

Set-up:

Swords Dance: :farfetch:type-null:
Nasty Plot: :ninetales:
Work Up: :rotom:
Bulk Up: :heracross:
Calm Mind: :malamar::ninetales:
Dragon Dance: :pupitar:
Shift Gear: :rotom-mow:
Agility: :farfetch

Weather:
Rain: :ludicolo::dragalge:
Sun: :torterra::ninetales:
Sand::rotom-heat: :dugtrio-alola:

Last edited:

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
Slate 1: Starting Out- Our First Pair

For our first slate, a pair of Pokemon will be submitted. Make sure they have similar power levels. Whereas Clean Slate started with a physical wall and a special wall, this time any 2 pokemon can be submitted- whatever role you want. Voting will be done on each pair, to ensure an even power level.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)

Pokemon: Kingler
Role(s): Physical Wallbreaker, Rain Abuser, Setup Sweeper
Type:

Abilities:
Shell Armor / Swift Swim | Sheer Force
Stat Distribution: 50 / 110 / 105 / 50 / 50 / 65 (430 BST)
Movepool Additions: Steamroller, Leech Life, Razor Shell
Movepool Removals: Superpower, Liquidation
Justification: I always found straightforward wallbreakers to be fun, and this Kingler would theoretically set the bar for powerful attacker at 110 attack with a boosting ability. Swift Swim variants would use different moves compared to Sheer Force variants, and there's a good degree of movesets to be made with both Swords Dance and Agility being options (or even manual Rain Dance!)

Pokemon: Noctowl
Role(s): Defensive Pivot, Offensive Pivot, Hazard Control
Type:

Abilities:
Tinted Lens / Insomnia | Magic Bounce
Stat Distribution: 100 / 45 / 65 / 85 / 75 / 70 (440 BST)
Movepool Additions: Oblivion Wing, U-Turn
Movepool Removals: Hurricane
Justification: Pretty obvious what this mon will be- Either a consistent offensive pivot that has few switch-ins once teams have been weakened and can sustain itself offensively, or as a great cornerstone to defensive cores with Magic Bounce. Shouldn't be too harsh on offense though thanks to a weak special attack and low power STABs, and Magic Bounce sets, well that depends on what our hazard setters end up being.

Last edited:

Tuthur

formerly 0-7 in FCL
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

Name of the Pokemon: Weezing
Role(s): Physical Wall, Special Tank, Stallbreaker, Hazard Setter
Type:

Abilities: Levitate
Stat Distribution: 65/85/120/110/70/70 | 520
Movepool Additions: Lava Plume, Leech Gas
Custom Elements: Leech Gas: Poison-type Giga Drain
Justification: Weezing has both a great physical bulk and a great Special Attack stats with the other stats being rather mediocre. Also Weezing has a great support movepool with access to Taunt, WoW, T-Spikes and Haze, but it lacks a reliable recovery move since its best option are z-Haze, Pain Split and Leech Gas. Weezing also has a great defensive typing with 1 Immunity, 3 double resistances, 5 resistances and only 3 weakness, but this also leaves Weezing with a weakness to Stealth Rock which kinda of suck for a Defensive Pokemon.
Physical Wall
Weezing @ Black Sludge / Icium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Leech Gas
- Will-O-Wisp / Lava Plume
- Pain Split / Haze
- Toxic Spikes / Haze

Special Attacker
Weezing @ Black Sludge / Firium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe (the Speed can be changed depending on the Pokemon that will be in CS)
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Leech Gas
- Taunt
- Pain Split

Name of the Pokemon: Stunfisk
Role(s): Special Wall, Hazard Setter, Defensive Pivot
Type:

Abilities: Swift Swim, Static | Water Absorb
Stat Distribution: 109/41/65/79/96/31 | 421
Movepool Additions: Volt Switch, Shore Up, Seismic Toss
Justification: Stunfisk is great check to Special attackers thanks to its huge bulk and access to reliable recovery. Stunfisk provides to its team a great defensive pivot thanks to its access to Volt Switch and to SR, and its useful resistances and immunities. Stunfisk also forms a very good defensive core with Weezing, the former taking on Special attackers as well as Rock and Water-types whereas the latter takes on Physical Attacker as well as Ice, Ground and Grass attackers. Despite its great bulk, Stunfisk is easily abused by Taunt, Toxic, struggles to break through opposing walls and can be set up fodder for a large amount of Pokemon.
Special Wall
Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Shore Up
- Volt Switch
- Seismic Toss / Toxic

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist

Name of the Pokemon: Drapion
Roles: Physical Tank, Physical Wall, Stallbreaker, Rain Sweeper, Assault Vest?
Type:

Abilities: Poison Touch / Water Veil / Swift Swim
Stat Distribution: 95 / 115 / 115 / 85 / 68 / 62 (BST: 540)
Movepool Additions: Liquidation, Spikes
Justification: A very versatile pokemon with good stats, a good typing and a good movepool, but without anything exceptional. Can be used offensively with sword dance and taunt or defensively with utility moves like spikes, tspikes, knock off or roar. It really has a poor special defense and no recovery outside of rest though.

Name of the Pokemon: Shedinja
Roles: Utility Pivot, Special Wall
Type:

Abilities: Frisk / Waggish*
Stat Distribution: 46 / 80 / 56 / 40 / 192 / 111 (BST: 525)
Movepool Additions: U-turn, Iron Head, Defog, Reflect, Light Screen, Autotomize, Destiny Bond, Pain Spilt, Iron Defense, Trick, Role Play, Bullet Punch, Tailwind, Rain Dance, Memento
Movepool Removals: Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak, Phantom Force
Custom Elements: Waggish - Prankster clone that only works at 100% health (like Gale Wings)
Justification: Another versatile pokemon that can look a bit ridiculous at first glance. And it kinda is. But like Drapion, it's made to support your team as a glue with whatever weird utility you would need or to check specific sets. Prankster nerf to ensure no Will-o-Wisp abuse. Its 4x weakness to fire and his non-existence of physical bulk keep it in place too.

(Re) Fixed

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Name of the Pokemon: Delibird
Role(s): Special Attacker, Hazard Setter
Type: Ice / Fairy
Abilities: Pixilate / Prankster | Vital Spirit
Stats: 75 HP / 55 Atk / 65 Def / 105 SpA / 105 SpD / 95 Spe
Movepool Distribution: Play Rough, Moonblast, Hyper Voice, Present*, Taunt
Move Modifications: Present | 90 BP | Ice Type | 90% Acc | 5 PP | 10% Chance to heal foe of damage otherwise dealt. 20% chance to flinch. 30% chance to deal 1.5 damage. 40% chance to heal team of status.
Justification: Delibird is a strong special attack with a deceptively good typing in Ice / Fairy. With access to Prankster Spikes, Delibird can be a fantastic lead, and Pixilate Specs sets can be decent wallbreakers. Present is its classic random effect move, but skewed more towards the user.

Name of the Pokemon: Farfetch'd
Role(s): Physical Attacker, Hazard Removal Deterrant
Type: Fighting / Flying
Abilities: Defiant / Sniper | Sap Sipper
Stats: 75 HP / 115 Atk / 115 Def / 45 SpA / 65 SpD / 85 Spe
Movepool Distribution: Cross Chop, Smart Strike, Mach Punch, Sacred Sword
Justification: Farfetch'd is a solid wallbreaker with access to excellent dual STAB and Swords Dance. Its not as fast as its penguin partner though, and suffers from a pitiful special bulk, but Stick + Sniper should give it plenty of kick.

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone

Name of the Pokemon: Heatmor
Role(s): Physical Wallbreaker, Set-up Sweeper, Priority
Type: Fire/Steel
Abilities: Flash Fire / Gluttony / Technician
Stat Distribution: 85/107/86/65/86/105 (534)
Movepool Additions: Bullet Punch, Magnet Bomb, Bulldoze, Bulk Up, Belly Drum
Movepool Removals: Superpower
Justification: A frail Pokémon with many movepool options. You'll struggle to find something that resists Heatmor's coverage. The defense drops from Fire Lash are its primary way of wallbreaking, but a Belly Drum Gluttony set can be used for high-risk high-reward wallbreaking potential, and even sweep attempts. While Fire Lash is great against walls and it's (probably) fast enough to hold its own against hyper offense, it's too frail to lower the defenses of bulky offense and would get KO'd in return.

Name of the Pokemon: Darmanitan-Zen
Role(s): Special Wallbreaker, Mixed Wall, Defensive Pivot
Type: Psychic
Abilities: Comatose
Stat Distribution: 105/30/105/140/105/55 (540)
Movepool Additions: Slack Off
Movepool Removals: Will-o-Wisp, Taunt, Focus Blast
Justification: Zen is a bulky slow Pokemon that can be used to absorb status moves and bring other things in safely. Its gargantuan SpA stat lets it run a move offensive oriented role. It struggles against faster wallbreakers and especially Dark-types.
Pivot
Darmanitan-Zen @ Leftovers
Ability: Comatose
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Overheat / Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- U-Turn

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Name of the Pokemon: Drampa
Role(s): Special Wallbreaker, Calm Mind Sweeper, Physical Wall
Type:
/

Abilities: Berserk
Stat Distribution: 74 / 71 / 118 / 126 / 63 / 63 (515)
Movepool Additions: +Tri Attack
Movepool Removals: -Glare
Custom Elements:
Berserk: Special Attack Stamina clone.
Justification: Drampa expands on its old role with improved physical bulk and speed, as well as a new tool in Tri Attack. With these additions, it can be a physically bulky Calm Mind sweeper, Specs abuser or even a wall. Careful though: Its defensive typing still isn't ideal, and it has pretty ass special bulk prior to set-up.

Name of the Pokemon: Turtonator
Role(s): Bulk Up Sweeper, Physical Wall, Special Wall
Type:
/

Abilities: Stamina
Stat Distribution: 63 / 94 / 118 / 61 / 116 / 63 (515)
Movepool Additions: +Bulk Up, Fire Punch, Flare Blitz, Recover, Shell Trap
Movepool Removals: -Shell Smash
Custom Elements:
Shell Trap: Always works no matter what. If the user is hit by a physical move prior to its activation, Shell Trap itself will hit based off the user's Physical Attack stat.
Justification: Turtonator is a fairly strong tank that only becomes harder to stop the longer it stays on the field.

Last edited:

Name of the Pokemon: Blastoise
Roles: Hazard Control, Hazard Setter, Physical Wall, Mixed Wall, Phazer
Type:
/

Abilities: Filter / Water Veil / Competitive
Stat Distribution: 98 / 73 / 118 / 81 / 70 / 60 (500 BST)
Movepool Additions: Iron Head, Stealth Rock
Movepool Removals: Water Spout
Custom Elements: Whirpool: now a special Water-type clone of Dragon Tail / Circle Throw
Justification: Blastoise gives Clean Slate a pokemon which can not only set hazards, but remove them as well. It also has great physical bulk, as well as a great defensive ability in Filter. Whirlpool also allows it to act as a phaser against potential set-up sweepers. However, its attacking stats are not the best, and even with Filter, its mediocre special bulk leaves it vulnerable to Electric-types and other powerful special attacks.

Name of the Pokemon: Thundurus
Roles: Physical Attacker, Set-up Sweeper (Bulk Up), Choice Scarf, Choice Band, Priority, Offensive Pivot
Type:
/

Abilities: Iron Fist / Pressure
Stat Distribution: 76 / 118 / 79 / 63 / 73 / 91 (500 BST)
Movepool Additions: Drain Punch, Mach Punch
Movepool Removals: Defog, Fly, Nasty Plot, Sky Drop, U-turn
Justification: Thundurus has an amazing offensive typing that is almost unresisted. It mostly excels with Choice items to make use of its powerful attacks, particularly Band due to Mach Punch being a great revenge killing tool. It can also sweep with Bulk Up to threaten more defensive teams. However, its defenses are quite lacking, leaving it open to strong attacks, and many types that it is weak to are very prominent offensive types. I removed U-turn so it has to rely on Volt Switch to pivot, leaving it wide open to any future Ground-type switch-ins.

EDIT: Edited descriptions cuz I was unaware this was a completely different meta than CS, man I am so dumb.

Last edited:

Name of the Pokemon: Type: Null (No Eviolite)
Role(s): Physical Attacker, Wallbreaker
Type:

Abilities: Battle Armor / Tinted Lens
Stat Distribution: 70 / 120 / 80 / 70 / 60 / 85 | 485 BST
Movepool Additions: Bullet Punch
Movepool Removals: Pursuit
Justification: A strong physical attacker that has the unique advantage of being resisted by nothing thanks to Tinted Lens. Iron Head isn't a very good STAB However, it also has limited coverage and it's STAB can't hit anything for SE damage. It has mediocre bulk, but it can pivot with U-turn and has access to utility moves like Thunder Wave and even Magic Coat. It could also run a Swords Dance set with Bullet Punch, Return/Frustration, and one other coverage move. The inspiration behind this sub was an unconventional attacker that is successful despite drawbacks, in this case a generally poor offensive typing and weak coverage.

Name of the Pokemon: Crobat
Role(s): Defensive pivot, Physical Wall, Hazard Control
Type:

Abilities: Big Pecks / Magic Guard
Stat Distribution: 110 / 70 / 100 / 60 / 65 / 80 | 485 BST
Movepool Additions: Circle Throw, Storm Throw
Movepool Removals: Acrobatics, Aerial Ace, Air Cutter, Air Slash, Fly, Gust, Sky Attack, Tailwind, Wing Attack, U-Turn
Justification: A physical wall that can cycle enemies out using Circle Throw and support it's team using a wide variety of utility moves like Super Fang, Roost, Defog, and Poison Fang. Magic Guard allows it to switch often, but it has mediocre special bulk, attack that won't be doing much unless hitting SE, and a weakness to Ground, Psychic, and Flying, all of which are usually good offensive types. This sub was inspired by the idea of a wall that used utility rather than a great defensive typing or stats to do well.

Last edited:

Jerry the great

Banned deucer.
Alright. I got a mighty glacier that will do great in something like this.

Name: Machamp
Roles: Wallbreaker
Type: Fighting
Abilities: Guts, Insomnia
Stats: 110/120/115/60/110/50
Movepool additions: None
Movepool removal: Bulk up, Bullet punch
Custom elements: Muscle massacre: a fighting type move with 170 power, 90 accuracy, but this Pokemon loses 50% of it's health when it hits.
Justification: This Pokemon will do serious damage, and can manage hits. However, it's low speed can hold it back at times, especially vs fairies, psychic types, and flying types. It can easily take on normal types, and many steels and rocks, but not all as there are a good portion of them with skyhigh physical bulk. However, even though it has horrid speed, it's bulk can let it take a hit and dish a hard one back, but the low speed and lack of recovery means it can only do that up to so many times. Also, the removal of No Guard means you won't have a never missing dynamic punch. This Pokemon's sheer power allows it to be a successful wallbreaker. You can use guts with flame orb to allow you to do more damage, or choice scarf so you can outspeed some stuff, however the flame orb strategy can lead you to doing less with that power and bulk, while Scarf only let's you use one move and you don't get the extra power from flame orb. Overall, this Pokemon with it's mighty glacier theme, meaning it takes hits and hits back hard, at the cost of only being able to do so up to so much because of horrible speed and the lack of this recovery can be a blessing, or it can be a dreadful curse.

Second Pokemon:
Raichu
Roles: Sweeper
Type: Electric
Abilities: Static, rock head
61/120/62/63/65/145
Movepool additions: Swords dance, Flare blitz
Movepool removal: None
Justification: This Pokemon's sweeping capabilities are pretty basic: Set up swords dance, and then use stuff like Volt Tackle and Flare blitz, with no recoil! It can also use surf as coverage despite it being special for rocks and grounds. You may be thinking: Woah! That speed with 120 attack and swords dance?!
Well honestly, it is extremely vulnerable to intimidate. And good luck setting back up with that horrible bulk! Sure it could set up once with a sash safely, but that's if you have the hazard support long enough to let it come in, unless you send it in first, but that'll leave you open to the other members and hazards. Also, it does get outsped by some stuff, so it's not like that speed is a huge deal. Lastly, it's priority bait thanks to those horrid defenses. None the less, it can be scary if it sets up at a good moment, because 120 power with 145 speed, and said power becomes stronger because swords dance. Volt tackle is the main option, while Flare blitz covers grass types. The only type you need to worry about is ground types not 4X weak to surf and yeah. I do recommend a focus sash.

There, I fixed for Leonard

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Name of the Pokemon: Serperior
Role(s): Defensive Pivot, Status Spreader, Stallbreaker, Hazard Control
Type: Grass/Dark
Abilities: Overgrow / Regenerator
Stat Distribution: 113/75/95/75/95/75 (528 BST)
Movepool Additions: U-Turn, Dark Pulse
Movepool Removals: Swords Dance, Coil
Justification: Serperior is a formidable wall due to its high bulk compounded with Regenerator. It can easily spread paralysis thanks to Glare and has other good utility moves such as Knock Off and Defog. However, its low offensive presence, lack of coverage, and lack of boosting moves makes it very passive, not to mention the myriad of weaknesses it needs to watch out for.
Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Glare
- Leech Seed / Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Serperior @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Fire] / Dragon Tail
- U-turn

Name of the Pokemon: Zeraora
Role(s): Revenge Killer, Mixed Attacker
Abilities: Tough Claws
Stat Distribution: 83/92/70/92/70/133 (540 BST)
Movepool Removals: Bulk Up
Custom Elements: Plasma Fists: now have a 30% to burn the target
Justification: Zeraora is a potent revenge killer due to its high speed and Tough Claws-boosted attacks. However, its lack of initial power forces it in most cases to use Life Orb, which limits its ability to punish switch-ins.
Zeraora @ Life Orb / Expert Belt
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Grass Knot

Zebstrika
Roles: Offensive Pivot, Revenge Killer,
Type: Electric / Ground
Stats: 85 / 105 / 75 / 80 / 65 / 110 | BST: 520
Abilities: Rattled / Motor Drive | Lightningrod ( HA )
Movepool Additions: Volt Tackle, U-turn, Extremespeed
Justification: A fast all-out attacker with a great, but somewhat risky toolkit. STAB High Horsepower can be set up for lategame sweeps if you remove the proper switch-ins, while its other attacks provide plenty of utility until you get that opportunity. It's also a soft VoltTurn check because it's immune to Volt Switch and gets +1 Speed from U-turn.

Parasect
Roles: Wall, Tank, RegenVest
Type: Bug / Grass
Stats: 55 / 100 / 145 / 55 / 110 / 55 | BST: 525
Abilities: Rough Skin / Effect Spore | Regenerator ( HA )
Movepool Additions: First Impression, Horn Leech
Custom Elements: Spore - always inflicts Sleep for 1 turn and lowers Speed by 1 stage
Justification: An oddball tank with a traditionally bad typing, but a lot of cool tools to make up for it. The new Spore is a disabling move that can net free turns and momentum, but it doesn't involve the RNG and doesn't auto-beat everything it hits before Sleep Clause activates. First Impression gives it some offensive utility despite its lack of coverage, and Leech Seed pairs well with its low HP. Of course Regenerator is always top tier.

Last edited:

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)

Name of the Pokemon: Weezing
Role(s): Physical Wall, Special Tank, Stallbreaker, Hazard Setter
Type:

Abilities: Levitate
Stat Distribution: 65/85/120/110/70/70 | 520
Movepool Additions: Lava Plume, Leech Gas
Custom Elements: Leech Gas: Poison-type Giga Drain
Justification: Weezing has both a great physical bulk and a great Special Attack stats with the other stats being rather mediocre. Also Weezing has a great support movepool with access to Taunt, WoW, T-Spikes and Haze, but it lacks a reliable recovery move since its best option are z-Haze, Pain Split and Leech Gas. Weezing also has a great defensive typing with 1 Immunity, 3 double resistances, 5 resistances and only 3 weakness, but this also leaves Weezing with a weakness to Stealth Rock which kinda of suck for a Defensive Pokemon.
Physical Wall
Weezing @ Black Sludge / Icium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Leech Gas
- Will-O-Wisp / Lava Plume
- Pain Split / Haze
- Toxic Spikes / Haze

Special Attacker
Weezing @ Black Sludge / Firium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe (the Speed can be changed depending on the Pokemon that will be in CS)
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Leech Gas
- Taunt
- Pain Split
No big problems here, just I think that leech gas seems a bit unnecessary/not really a great option when Sludge Bomb has also great utility and more power, which is more fitting of a tank. Whether or not to keep it is up to you, just not a huge fan of Venom Slam-type custom moves

Name of the Pokemon: Drapion
Roles: Physical Tank, Physical Wall, Stallbreaker, Rain Sweeper, Assault Vest?
Type:

Abilities: Poison Touch / Water Veil / Swift Swim
Stat Distribution: 95 / 115 / 115 / 85 / 68 / 62 (BST: 540)
Movepool Additions: Liquidation, Spikes, Snore*
Custom Elements: Snore - 50% chance to make the target drowsy (no more flinch chance). Damage calculated using the strongest offensive stat ala Photon Geyser.
Justification: A very versatile pokemon with good stats, a good typing and a good movepool, but without anything exceptional. Can be used offensively with sword dance and taunt or defensively with utility moves like spikes, tspikes, knock off or roar. Snore modification to make Rest sets slightly more viable. It really has a poor special defense though.
Snore seems gimmicky and annoying, and likely won't really be used on main sets regardless and just be a low-skill cheese move.

Name of the Pokemon: Shedinja
Roles: Utility Pivot, Special Wall
Type:

Abilities: Frisk / Prankster*
Stat Distribution: 46 / 80 / 56 / 40 / 192 / 111 (BST: 525)
Movepool Additions: U-turn, Iron Head, Defog, Reflect, Light Screen, Autotomize, Destiny Bond, Pain Spilt, Iron Defense, Trick, Role Play, Bullet Punch, Tailwind, Rain Dance, Sandstorm, Memento
Movepool Removals: Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak, Phantom Force
Custom Elements: Prankster - Only works at 100% health (like Gale Wings)
Justification: Another versatile pokemon that can look a bit ridiculous at first glance. And it kinda is. But like Drapion, it's made to support your team as a glue with whatever weird utility you would need or to check specific sets. Prankster nerf to ensure no Will-o-Wisp abuse. Its 4x weakness to fire and his non-existence of physical bulk keep it in place too.
Rather you create a nerfed prankster clone, just in case someone wants to use base prankster. Also, I believe that it already gets Sandstorm.

Name of the Pokemon: Darmanitan-Zen
Role(s): Special Wallbreaker, Choice Specs, Mixed Wall, Defensive Pivot
Type: Psychic
Abilities: Comatose
Stat Distribution: 105/30/105/140/105/55 (540)
Movepool Additions: Slack Off
Movepool Removals: Will-o-Wisp, Taunt, Focus Blast
Justification: Zen is a bulky slow Pokemon that can be used to absorb status moves and bring other things in safely. Its gargantuan SpA stat lets it run a move offensive oriented role. It struggles against faster wallbreakers and especially Dark-types.
Special Wallbreaker
Darmanitan-Zen @ Choice Specs
Ability: Comatose
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Overheat / Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- U-Turn
You wouldn't run Choice Specs on a super bulky mon with recovery, calm mind, and status immunity. You would run a chip resistant, physically bulky Calm Mind sweeper that would eventually become unstoppable. Very strong compared to your Heatmor.

Name of the Pokemon: Turtonator
Role(s): Bulk Up Sweeper, Physical Wall, Special Wall
Type:
/

Abilities: Stamina
Stat Distribution: 63 / 94 / 118 / 61 / 116 / 63 (515)
Movepool Additions: +Bulk Up, Fire Punch, Flare Blitz, Recover, Shell Trap
Movepool Removals:
Custom Elements:

Shell Trap: Always works no matter what. If the user is hit by a physical move prior to its activation, Shell Trap itself will hit based off the user's Physical Attack stat.
Justification: Turtonator is a fairly strong tank that only becomes harder to stop the longer it stays on the field.
Dude bro this thing still gets Shell Smash why would you ever use bulk up

Alright. I got a mighty glacier that will do great in something like this.

Name: Machamp
Roles: Mighty glacier, revenge killer
Type: Fighting
Abilities: Guts, Insomnia
Stats: 110/120/115/60/110/50
Movepool additions: None
Movepool removal: Bulk up, Bullet punch
Custom elements: Muscle massacre: a fighting type move with 170 power, 90 accuracy, but this Pokemon loses 50% of it's health when it hits.
Justification: This Pokemon will do serious damage, and can manage hits. However, it's low speed can hold it back at times, especially vs fairies, psychic types, and flying types. It can easily take on normal types, and many steels and rocks, but not all as there are a good portion of them with skyhigh physical bulk. However, even though it has horrid speed, it's bulk can let it take a hit and dish a hard one back, but the low speed and lack of recovery means it can only do that up to so many times. Also, the removal of No Guard means you won't have a never missing dynamic punch. You can use guts with flame orb to allow you to do more damage, or choice scarf so you can outspeed some stuff, however the flame orb strategy can lead you to doing less with that power and bulk, while Scarf only let's you use one move and you don't get the extra power from flame orb. Overall, this Pokemon with it's mighty glacier theme, meaning it takes hits and hits back hard, at the cost of only being able to do so up to so much because of horrible speed and the lack of this recovery can be a blessing, or it can be a dreadful curse.
You need a second pokemon, and "mighty glacier" isn't a role. This would be a physical wallbreaker. Also, you removed its priority so I don't know why you're saying it's a revenge killer.

Name of the Pokemon: Zeraora
Role(s): Revenge Killer, Mixed Attacker
Abilities: Tough Claws
Stat Distribution: 83/92/70/92/70/133 (540 BST)
Movepool Removals: Bulk Up
Custom Elements: Plasma Fists: now have a 30% to burn the target
Justification: Zeraora is a potent revenge killer due to its high speed and Tough Claws-boosted attacks. However, its lack of initial power forces it in most cases to use Life Orb, which limits its ability to punish switch-ins.
Zeraora @ Life Orb / Expert Belt
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Grass Knot
Any reason Plasma Fists burns now outside of being obnoxious

Closing subs tomorrow sometime

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
It's a way for Zeraora to possibly break through fat Grass or Dragon types while still being walled by Ground types. If it's too centralizing I can remove some coverage moves to make it more reliant on chance.
Would you really want it more reliant on chance? Sounds frustrating for one of the players in the match, depending on if it procs or not.

Also, G-Luke finish your second sub cuz I’m opening votes after I get off work

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Name of the Pokemon: Tangrowth
Role(s): Wallbreaker, Mixed Wall?
Type: Grass/Poison
Abilities: Leaf Guard / Chlorophyll / Natural Cure
Stat Distribution: 10/35/165/125/165/40 (540)
Movepool Additions: Nasty Plot
Movepool Removals: Sleep Powder
Justification: Looks very strange on paper, but I can explain this. 10/165/165 Defenses, when both are invested in HP, is around the equivalent of 90/90/90, which isn't too stellar. However, because its HP stat is so low, it drains a lot of HP when it uses Giga Drain, which I think may be enough to make up for it. Unboosted Giga Drain does anywhere from 32.6% to 38.6% to a fully physdef Mew, but you heal around a third of your max HP for it. When you give it a Big Root, that number goes up to around 42% on average. Big Root might still be a gimmick but I still think it's an interesting Pokemon at the very least.

Name of the Pokemon: Registeel
Role(s): Mixed Wall, Hazard Control
Type: Steel/Ghost
Abilities: Heatproof / Light Metal
Stat Distribution: 80/75/100/75/100/70 (500)
Movepool Additions: Recover, Defog
Justification: This build of Registeel is a pretty standard wall that's meant to be at least decently versatile. Because I wanted it to have Recover, I nerfed its bulk a good bit, and although I gave it Heatproof it's still weak to Ghost, Dark, and Ground, all of which are pretty good attacking types. It's also pretty passive so it's prone to being Taunted and set up on, even if it has Seismic Toss. Despite all that though its typing is still great, and it has the option of either running Stealth Rock or Defog, giving it a lot of utility for a team that may want it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)