Pichu (1/2)

[OVERVIEW]
Pichu is an extremely bad Pokemon in the LC tier, with terrible bulk and attacking stats combined with a bad movepool and average Speed. It does get access to Nasty Plot, however with its terrible bulk and coverage there is no reason to use Nasty Plot or Pichu over other Electric-type Pokemon such as Elekid and Chinchou that work better offensively and defensively than Pichu by far. It's only real desirable aspects come in the form of Fake Out and Volt Tackle but even though these are great moves they hit relatively low with Pichu's poor stats. Pichu should not be selected on any LC team.

[SET]
name: Life Orb Attacker
move 1: Fake Out
move 2: Volt Tackle
move 3: Volt Switch
move 4: Iron Tail / Encore / Light Screen
item: Life Orb
ability: Lightning Rod
nature: Hasty
evs: 200 Atk / 80 SpA / 196 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
If players decide to use Pichu, Fake Out, Volt Tackle, and Volt Switch are its best offensive moves to use as they allow Pichu to have some worth. However, due to its poor speed it is easily countered by bulkier offensive Pokemon such as Mienfoo and Onix that are able to take any hit and OHKO it. This set is massively outclassed by the likes of Elekid and Chinchou as they are faster and hit harder. Elekid and Chinchou also have access to coverage that Pichu does not such as a move to hit checks such as Foongus for super effective damage.

Last edited:

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
  • There isn't "little to no" reason to use Pichu, there is straight up none.
  • Yeah I'd just add a concluding sentence to the overview like "Pichu should not be selected on any LC team"
  • The set seems weird but, like, its Pichu
  • Otherwise, this is good
1/2

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
[OVERVIEW]

Since Nasty Plot isn't on the set I don't think you need to mention it here, just state that the other electric types wholly outclass Pichu.

[SET]

I'd say take Light Screen off, honestly Pichu's never going to get a chance to use it and there's no real reason for three slashes. The set feels jank but it's Pichu I don't think you can really make a non-jank set.

Your EVs are wrong, optimal EVs are 36 HP / 196 Atk / 76 SpA / 196 Spe since that gives you an extra point of HP (up to 19 from 18).

[SET COMMENTS]

I'd like to see you mention Magnemite instead of Elekid in the second to last sentence, change the sentence to be "bulkier and hit harder" instead of "faster and hit harder" accordingly. Since Iron Tail's a move on the set it's worth mentioning the other Pokemon who runs Electric/Steel coverage.

Implement these and give yourself 2/2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)