Pidove (0/2)

Ampha

"They don’t call me Greed for nothing!"
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
[OVERVIEW]

Pidove's all base stats are all horrible,it's base attack and speed are both low and it is barely bulkier than other frail Flying types, specially Doduo and it's movepool lackluster with it's best flying STAB being Aerial Ace which makes it even worse to use, Pidove is outclassed in every possible way by other Flying types such as Vullaby, Doduo, Rufflet, Archen and even Pikipek which all have better movepools, Speed and Attack stats and while also providing better utility other than just Tailwind and it shouldn't be used in any serious team because it is so terrible that even other unviable Flying types are better than it.

[SET]
name: Z-Tailwind
move 1: Return
move 2: Aerial Ace
move 3: Hidden Power [Grass]
move 4: Tailwind
item: Flyinium Z
ability: Super Luck
nature: Adamant
evs: 240 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
This set tries to pull off Pidove's mediocre speed higher and abusing Pidove's high crit chance using Z-Tailwind,but that set is just ineffective due to Pidove's necessity to use one turn just to set Tailwind and it's horrible bulk doesn't help it to do so,while having to worry because of 4 turns timer as well, Flying pokémon such as Doduo, Pikipek, Vullaby, Archen and Rufflet can all perform better than Pidove without the need off sacrificing a turn to set up Tailwind and having better attacking stats and movepools as well.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[amphareixon, 388824]]
- Quality checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>], [<username2>, <userid2>]]

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Go through this again to make sure it's at least somewhat coherent grammatically, you appear to be missing periods and used commas instead. It made it somewhat difficult to tell where one thought started and ended when doing this check, so don't leave this for GP to fix.

[OVERVIEW]

Despite being a condemnation, you're a little too positive at the beginning. Emphasize that Pidove has absolutely nothing going for it, its Attack is horrible, its Speed is low, and it is barely bulkier than the notably frail Doduo. I'd encourage you to use a line stating that Pidove should not be used on any serious team.

[SET]

Scope Lens is terrible and since it only gives Pidove a 50% crit chance isn't even worth it, just have Flyinium Z as the only item. Name the set Z-Tailwind accordingly. You may as well take off U-Turn, the resetting of the crit chance means that you probably don't want to use it and Tailwind+U-Turn is done better by quite literally everything that gets the moves aside from Ledyba. EVs need to be increased to 240 Atk to account for HP Grass. Make Pidove Adamant, Pidove needs the extra power.

[SET COMMENTS]

First sentence should be that Pidove can use Z-Tailwind to make up for its low speed and always get a critical hit due to Super Luck. Next sentence should explain that Pidove has difficulty setting up Tailwind due to its low bulk and suffers from its still rather low attack and shallow coverage along with Tailwind only lasting for 4 turns putting Pidove on a short timer. Last sentence should be basically what you have, restate that Doduo, Vullaby, Rufflet, and many more Pokemon all outclass Pidove as they have much more power and no need to set up.

[CREDITS]

Remove the <>, credits should just have the username and the ID like this: [[amphareixon, 388824]]

Since this is a lot, tag me once you implement this so I can give it another look before stamping.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
[OVERVIEW]

Rewrite this again, keeping the same content and ideas but starting from scratch. It doesn't flow from one idea to the next fluidly, instead it's disorganized and repeats the same ideas several times. I think rewriting it without just trying to edit what you have might be helpful.

[SET]

This is fine.

[SET COMMENTS]

add [] around SET COMMENTS, remove the colon ( : )

This should be two to three sentences. First sentence should be what the set tries to do (example: "Pidove can use Z-Tailwind to patch up its low Speed and Attack at the same time, doubling its Speed and always getting a critical hit due to Pidove's ability.") Second sentence about Pidove's limitations (example: "However, Pidove's low bulk makes setting up Z-Tailwind difficult and, even after it manages to do so, Pidove still lacks power and is on a short timer before Tailwind fades.") Third sentence should be basically what you have already, restating that Pidove is outclassed by other flying types and why, although I feel like you have an overkill number of examples (example: "Other Flying-type Pokemon like Vullaby, Doduo, and Rufflet outclass Pidove due to their better movepools, higher stats, and ability to threaten the opponent without the need to set up.")

[CREDITS]

Looks good.

I'd like to see your rewritten overview before I stamp this, so tag me once you've done that and fixed set comments so I can stamp it.

Merritt

no comment
Head TD
It's been two months with no tag rip.

[OVERVIEW]
The flow still isn't good but I'm not sure how to direct you more clearly. The content is ok.

[SET]
good

[SET COMMENTS]
Explicitly state that after Z-Tailwind, Pidove will always crit. Not the far more ambiguous "high crit chance". Guaranteed critical hits.
Add periods.

[CREDITS]
fine

Implement this and I'm going to tentatively give this 1/2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)