Other Pika Cup Team - Electric(s) Spam(ming Everything but Electric)

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Hello and thanks for checking out this team. It's a successful team that has gotten me into the top 50 in Showdown with it, but I don't feel like it's complete. The reason? I have no Idea what I'm doing two with the last two Pokemon. I admit the main reasons I've been so successful is that I spam moves, and I steal other people's ideas. I look forward to stealing the ideas people are kind enough to give me for improving this team. :P (I have no shame.)

Team at a glance

The core of this team is Raichu, Electivire, The Screaming Lizard, and Jolteon. Raichu is a massive help with Fake Out and Helping Han, while the other three KO everything in sight. The other two are mainly there to discourage opponents from using Electivire, but Eelektross is definitely a team player. (Rotom on the other hand...)

In depth look

Better Pikachu (Raichu) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Lightning Rod
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Helping Hand
- Protect

I started using this this after being destroyed by a RiaVire Lead that spammed Helping Hand and Earthquake. There's not much to say about how I use it. Use Fake Out on the biggest threat (usually it's the fastest Pokemon or Vire) then use Knock Off and Helping Hand to take care of everything else.

Mr. OP (Electivire) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Motor Drive
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Fire Punch
- Facade

Describing how Mr. OP works is easy. ScarfVires kill stuff. Helping Hand buffed ScarfVires kill even more stuff. See? Easy.
Ironically, even with Mr. OP's nickname, I side him out against opponents that have two Pokemon that are immune to Earthquake or named Manectric.
The move choices are the the standard "Click to Win" move, "Hit Fliers" move, "Hit MowTom for SE" move, and the "You burned me? I didn't even notice." move known as Facade. When Mr. OP is burned, Facade hits a single target for 10 less BP than Earthquake would hit that Pokemon if Mr. OP wasn't burned.

Screaming Lizard (Heliolisk) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hyper Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse

Screaming Lizard screams. 'Nuf said.

What? RMT Rules beg to differ? Okay then. If Screaming Lizard isn't screaming you're using him wrong.

Good enough now? What! No? >:( Fine, I'll talk about the set! Choice Specs buffs Screaming Lizard's screaming to the point where Helping Hand lets it OHKO Mega Manectric wile it's Mega evolving, Hyper Beam is used occasionally, like when the opponent leads with an Electrode, and the other two moves have probably been used less than protect would have been used. And yes, I did just say Protect would probably be used more than other moves when talking about a choice set.
I'd like to thank reade216 for suggesting Specs Jolteon in the Pika Cup thread. I didn't try it because I thought that Specs Screaming Lizard would be better.

I Need A Nickname (Jolteon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Synchronoise
- Helping Hand
- Shadow Ball
- Detect

In case you couldn't tell, I spam moves with this team. I Need A Nickname has two spammable moves. Syncronoise, which damages his ally and Helping Hand, which results in less damage to opponents if used instead of Syncronoise. I'd consider Hidden Power Ground over Shadow Ball if I could get it in game without expecting Multiple Shiny Eevees first and if Eelektross and Rotom hadn't caused enough situations where I was glad I that was using Shadow Ball.
With a Modest Nature, I Need A Nickname can outspeed everything it could with a Jolly Nature except Zebstrika, so I went with Modest and enough EVs to outspeed Raichu.

P.S. I Need a Nickname needs a nickname, but I Need a Nickname's current name has grown on me. :P

Face Leach (Eelektross) @ Maranga Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Facade
- Coil
- Protect

The reason I'm using a Coil Eelektross is because those things are scary to face and I needed two Levitate Pokemon. I probably should use Knock Off over Facade, but I think that burns are more common than Normal Rotom. (For those of you used to OU, no, I do not mean the Washing Machine Form. :P) The berry held boosts Special Defense right after Face Leach gets hit by a Special Attack and I chose it over Leftovers or a Sitrus Berry is because it boosts the Defense stat Coil Doesn't boost and Drain Punch already recovers health. In other words, I thought it was a better defensive item. The way I thought of using the berry is the only way anyone could, by seeing someone else use it. Seriously, who even remembers that this berry exists?

Dry Cleaner (Rotom-Wash) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

I put the Least Trustworthy Washing Machine Ever on my team just to discourage opponents from using Electivire against me. The reason I chose the washing machine over the least trustworthy lawn mower and Easy Burn Oven (Feel free to use that as a nickname.) is that I dislike the Special Attack Drop from their STABs. I mostly use the Washing Machine of "No one's cruel enough to put other people's clothes in this thing" when my opponent has both Electivire and Eelektross because Will-O-Wisp is more likely to cripple something, but even then I don't think that don't think that it pulls its weight. (or clean clothes without destroying them, but that's unrelated.)

Thanks again for checking out this team and please let me know if it can be improved.

Better Pikachu (Raichu) (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Lightning Rod
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Mr. OP (Electivire) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Motor Drive
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Fire Punch
- Facade

Screaming Lizard (Heliolisk) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hyper Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse

I need a nickname :( (Jolteon) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Synchronoise
- Helping Hand
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Face Leach (Eelektross) @ Maranga Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Facade
- Coil
- Protect

Dry Cleaner (Rotom-Wash) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

One last glance

Last edited:

CTNC

What is the reasoning behind Electivire's EV spread if you don't mind me asking?
212 EVs in speed outspeeds Electrode, the fastest Non-Scarf Pokemon in the Pika Cup

I copy/pasted the Vire set before that I decided that loosing the Speed tie against other ScarfVires was not worth the 5 extra HP, so thanks for pointing that out. I have now fixed the EVs

CTNC

Bumping for a review.

Edit: I'm not going to get a review am I? :(

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)