Project Player Interview #13: Bebo

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader

Art by Kalalokki

Bebo
Favorite Pokemon:
Haxorus

Most used Pokemon: Sigilyph

Most known for: Being a resident ladder hero across multiple generations

Months had passed since my last mission. I found myself wandering around as usual, not knowing where to go. Somehow, I found myself back in Michigan, maybe I could go and say hi to my good friend Odd.

As I walked aimlessly, I saw what looked like a high school graduation. It made me reminisce about the good old days of being a kid. Something was wrong though, in the middle of a circle there were two kids fighting, with one of them on top of the other mercilessly hitting him.

As the adult on the scene, I stopped the fight and started giving this kid a lecture. Surprisingly he kept agreeing to everything I said.

I had no other choice but to interview him...

Hey Bebo, how is it going brother?

yo feli im doing good myself how about urself

I'm fine man, always chilling
Figured that this would be the perfect opportunity to revive the interviews, and since we have a new crispy ladder tour for the fire new meta I figured we'd have to tackle a fellow ladder fiend like yourself
Tell me about you man, how's your life like?

I recently just graduated from my highschool atm i work as a barber ive been doing that for a bit but I plan on going into college soon to become an automotive engineer always had a passion for cars and all that fun stuff. I have a younger brother thats currently 15 and an older sister that is 25 who is a nurse and is also married we're a pretty close family and i love them even tho they irritate me sometimes. Outside of all my school stuff im a pretty social athletic person and been doing football all of highschool and ofc going to parties being crazy having a good time is what i enjoy doing on my freetime and when I got nothing else to do just chilling at home thats when the pokemon time starts and im pretty much always on discord

Hey that's awesome man, congratulations. What exactly do you see yourself doing as an automotive engineer?

I plan on opening my own garage and mainly focus on repairing, fixing and modify mainly cars and motorcycles thats the main plan for me atm

That's nice man, good luck with that
So besides mons and football and getting drunk, any other hobbies you have? Other games even?

I've always been into videogames as a child very involved with the communities and all that mainly on my PS4 and at times PC most of my gaming time probably came from playing cod played it for about 4-5 years and started with that game then when Overwatch came out I was grinding the fuck out of that game and played it competitively for about 2 years always loved playing games and dont plan on stopping anytime soon and I've been stuck on mons for like the past 3 years

And how did that happen? How did you start getting into mons in general?

This was around when ORAS came out so I thought the game looked sick and before I ever buy a game or anything I usually watch a bunch of videos on it and see if its worth buying. Pretty much as I was watching videos I found this one guy that I kept watching for a long time named aDrive he was a pretty big pokemon youtuber at the time and it was focused around draft league videos. I pretty much watched him everyday then one day he made this video it was called "Randomized Pokemon Showdown Live!" after I watched it ofc I thought it looked super fun so I decided to hop on showdown and try some randomized builds and laddered I found it addicting and couldn't stop playing since

And how did you end up playing RU?

I always sticked to OU since oras always only played ou bcuz it was the ''popular'' tier and everyone else played it I was one of the losers that thought any other tier then OU was stupid. When SM came along I played OU for about half the gen then this was around when I found out about Smogon and decided to join Grand Slam it was im pretty sure my 2nd tour on smogon and I honestly didnt expect to go far at all. I managed to get teams for all the tiers from a couple friends and RU was easily the tier I thought I'd get fucked r1 never watched a game never played it at all didnt know shit. then boom I managed to get ru open finals and choked vs pearl after that game I decided that RU would be the tier I stick to since clearly its where I got my best results so I started talking much more in the ru discord and became more active all around.

And how has your overall experience in the community been?

The experience has been amazing I've met the most chill, fun and nice people that I've ever talked to in my entire life it has really been great. The entire community as a whole is so welcoming and nice and my favorite part about is that we are so fucking active the discord is popping 24/7 and never stops and the discussions are always nice to have. When I first started talking in there everyone was so nice to me and I felt welcomed and wasn't scared at all I've made so many friends in this community and my best choice was sticking to RU and getting involved in the community

Yea RU rlly be incredibly active all the times, still surprises me to this very day
What has driven you to play the tier competitively all this years?

I've always liked to mainly stick to one tier and that was RU for me. I wanna get known and recognized for having good tour success in RU so thats what I've been trying to do this entire time ive been playing RU

Do you have any favorite replay or replays you'd like to share?

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ru-393644

definitely this game it was round 7 of ru open
and i was a very nice user at the time (still am obviously) but i was also dumb and he told me he forgot a move on xatu so ofc me being nice let him re-create the g3 and he ended up completely cteaming me and i had a blast that entire series
every turn was fucking crazy and i enjoyed every single minute of it

Oh yeah that game was hilarious lmao
Are there any players you looked up to while u were growing up as a competitor? What about the new blood, which new players catch your eye?

When I first started out playing trying to get good I definitely looked up to ABR and pokeaim thought both of them were amazing players and wanted to reach that level and got me motivated. For the new players I've been looking at odr recently very underrated and I can see him destroying the tour scene as he becomes better and better all jokes aside though I'm really not sure I guess we'll see the new players duke it out for RULT been liking Mac3 a lot and he impressed me quite a bit during ru snake

lmfao epic
Gen 8 has been a very VERY unstable generation for us, what do you think about how the meta has been evolving with all the recent shifts?

I definitely wasn't a fan I like the meta to be consistent but this gen we get a completely different tier every month my favorite was definitely the mantine meta I felt like that one was p consistent and lots of cool techs aka felivally had fun with that meta a bunch then after mantine meta all of them felt really whacky until the meta we have now which i personally have been enjoying a bunch and hope it stays this way

You kinda just rushed through the first qualifying cycle of RULT, is there a way you can break down the metagame for the fans?

I built my own shark hazardstack team and laddered with that my entire run pretty much most the games I played was a variety of fat slowbro-g teams or opposing shark hazardstack also played a fair bit of stall and sometimes saw some screens ho klefki which was interesting and definitely some lycanrock sand teams those are really good right now I've been loving rotom-m the most I think it shuts down most klefki teams really well and both NP and scarf do insanely well vs most teams now shark/zoro both got banned so that should definitely make fatter teams even better

Do you have a team you wouldn't mind sharing? Also explain your thought process behind it

so when I woke up and saw all the drops happen the first thing that caught my eye was how good klefki and shark would be bcuz hazardstack is insanely good so I started with that core. Then I realized that druddigon had also dropped and thought that guaranteed rocks vs xatu/espeon all that magic bounce bs would be amazing which it indeed was it did amazing on ladder and the glare support was also insanely useful for shark so I went with him as my rocker. i needed a water resist and some speed control that wasnt shark since that completely relies on protect so i went with rotom as my scarfer and also gave me volt turn which this team loves. then lastly i wanted to take advantage the rotom voltswitch and hazardstack so i decided to go with 2 big breakers cb gourg and specs gardevoir which both have a really neat speedtier and absolutely smash most fat teams that i faced through ladder

Good stuff
How many kids do you fight daily in order to channel the power needed to win games?

hmm generally when i fight a strong opponent ill need about 2-3 kids to fight if its someone moreso on my level probably just 1 it depends on my mood that day

Epic
Smogon Snake Draft is just around the corner, do you plan on playing?
Who'd be your top 10 picks for RU spots?

nope i dont really have the motivation to be playing any big time serious tour atm so i will not be participating this year
hm my top 10 picks
Ajna, ODR, Feli, Bouff, Me, Gustavo, Nat, Expulso, llamas and Diogo

u cant just name urself after saying ur not gonna play LOL

LOL but if i did play id pick myself

Is there anything else you'd like to share with the fans?

that'll be it thanks for having me and it was fun

Np man, thanks for your time

=========================================================================================

Feel free to ask Bebo any questions you want!

If you have any recommendations I'll be more than happy to read them, just PM me!

Next time on FeliInterviews...

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
So, I've heard of you bebo and then I really know THIS beebo

I may have asked this before but is this where you got your name idea? lol

What has been your least favorite archetype to play? Your favorite?

What is your least favorite pokemon to use competitively?

Have you tried other metagames outside of RU? What was it like?

While it was still here, what did you think of Zoroark?

Do you have any single pokemon that you like using here in RU?

What is your favorite team you've ever built?

Do you have any favorite shows/songs?
1. https://pokepast.es/4e69266e4cb7c9b0 this was definitely my favorite team all of sm and i always felt good piloting it standard team and then a cool m-aboma

2. my favorite shows thats a tough one ill go with the arrow, lucifer and marlon favorite song would prob be ride by 21 pilots

So, I've heard of you bebo and then I really know THIS beebo

I may have asked this before but is this where you got your name idea? lol
nope this is actually a stupid story but when I was younger around the age of 10 I went shopping with my mom for clothes at Kohl's and when I walked in there was a bag saying ''BEBO" and that name stuck in my head and that day I was signing up to play some game registered as bebo with random numbers since bebo was always taken and ive stuck with that since then

What has been your least favorite archetype to play? Your favorite?

What is your least favorite pokemon to use competitively?

Have you tried other metagames outside of RU? What was it like?

While it was still here, what did you think of Zoroark?

Do you have any single pokemon that you like using here in RU?
1. semi-stall teams with regen mons i hate them and I love facing just some standard bulky offense

2. I played OU for all of ORAS and then played it at the start of SM it was pretty fun but I personally didn't like it much since I wasn't really in the community at all and it was mainly just ladder which I eventually got bored of and decided to try different tiers

3. for me I ended up voting ban on Zoroark and I personally hated it being in the tier it caused way too many guessing games and if you guessed wrong you were at a huge disadvantage on top of that it was legit amazing just by itself with specs and np so im glad that its gone

4. probably gardevoir I've loved using specs on it for the current metagame and always have taken advantage of it during this gen and sm its great

i remember you from apex in 2018 if i recall correctly, was that the start of your come up?
the old days oml I was in that community for a bit around 2017 I first started taking mons seriously through draft leagues thats what I mainly did then one day I got invited to do a draft league completely forgot its name and it was full of the apex people absolutely smashed the draft league then got invited and stayed for a bit it definitely helped me get better and then from there I started getting into bigger communities aka njnp server but yeah fs apex was the first actual pokemon community I joined outside of draft league

OH MY GOD YES BEBO INTERVIEW!

1. Am I a good dad?

2. What RU Pokémon has always been your favorite throughout the gens?

3. When and how did you get into competitive mons?

4. What RU Pokémon would you ban if you could immediately do it rn?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)