Project Player Interview #6 : A Cake Wearing A Hat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Approved by UU moderation & inspired by Feliburn's project

Welcome guys in the "UU Player Interview", a project where you'll be able to discover or re-discover some well known players of the UU community. Those people may be known thanks to their high-skilled level or their achievements on the strategic scene but also thanks to their dedication into the tier or within the community. Time to gossip !

Hey there cake how are you ?

I'm doing pretty well. Just been playing games and trying to find motivation to ladder for Research Week.

I didn't look at the Pokemon of this week. What was in it ?

Toxtricity and physical setup Necrozma. I've got a team with both that I think is pretty solid, but one is definitely outperforming the other.

I've been beaten down about a weeks ago by a physical Shift Gear Tox, that was so sad...

LOL, I think I saw one of those on ladder once. Wild set.

Yeah I wasn't ready for it at all ! By the way, you asked for it so I'd like to know what's your favorite Pokémon ?!

I mean, Dunsparce. It's a cute li'l winged snake thing and I have a plush of it. It is objectively the best Pokemon and nobody can convince me otherwise.

Any hope for a Mega-Dunsparce one day ?

We already have it and it's called Drampa, but yes, I really hope it gets some love eventually.

Let's cross our fingers ! And could you tell me if you know for what you are known for on Smogon ?

I've been told I'm an excellent workhorse by the folks here in UU, but that's not the most positive of connotations, so I hope I stay well known for helping make the Randbats room a really friendly and active place.

I think you're pretty good with that. And IRL, where are you come from and who are you ?

I was born in Ohio, but I currently live in Wisconsin. I'm a 21-year old Psychology major. It took me a while to decide that major, honestly. I started in Chemistry but got my ass kicked by Organic, tried Math for a bit but really wasn't my cup of tea, then settled on this.

As long as you're fine with that you're doing now, it's the most important. And when did you start playing Pokemon ?

I started playing casually when I was in seventh grade with HeartGold. I kind of eased into the competitive scene around 2016. Back then I was one of those memes-only dudes that straight up used teams with Kecleon, Dunsparce, and Regigigas in Gen 6 UU. When Gen 7 started, I started off using memes like Acupressure Drapion but then slowly eased into just using functional gimmicks like rain and birdspam. I'm still proud of my clef meta birdspam team, even though it was definitely trash.

And now you're part of the UU mod team ! Well done !

It took a lot of work to get to that point. I just hope that now I can help the forum be more welcoming and friendly to its contributors than it used to be.

I know you're working hard for it. By the way, why a cake should wear a hat ?

My username comes from 2013 Team Fortress 2 days, actually. I was a young teen then whose sense of humor was "lol random" so I came up with some random combination of words, which was "A Cake Wearing Pants". Being Team Fortress 2, the game revolving around hats, the name eventually evolved into A Cake Wearing A Hat. I've stuck with that ever since. It helps that I own several hats IRL and wear them every day.

Nice fun fact. We were talking about it yesterday but what do you think of the current crisis around the coronavirus ?

People are being idiots about it and the world is ending but I'm sure it'll work out fine.

In France it gets worse and worse everyday... I think I'm going to be at home even more than usual. Changing of subject, would you mind to share with us a team you like a lot ?

Of course! This is a team featuring THE boy Golurk, primo toxtricity counter. I'm usually a pretty big fan of hyper offense and I'd definitely describe this as HO. The star of the team was meant to be Double Dance Cobalion but it really just turned out to be Golurk and the VoltTurn core of Inteleon + Rotom-Frost. It performed well last week of Research Week.

Yeah I saw that team and that golurk looks sexy af not gonna lie. I'm a big fan of Runerigus, same typing as Golurk but better in more defensive builds.

Yeah, I've got a Runerigus team too, though it had Primarina so lol.

I think they both became better now that Gyarados and Primarina are gone. Last question.. Will you ever try to get the artist badge thanks to your creations on Paint ?!

That's definitely one of my long-term goals, but I really don't know how realistic actually doing that is... They seem to have pretty strict standards for that.

I never check the standards, I know I'm too bad in those kind of things. Well, thanks cake for your time and all your answers, that was nice to have you there with me today, feel free to shoutout some people if you want !

DraconicLepus and Nuked are big nerds and Accelgor is a good that is all thank you good night

Good night man !

Feel free to ask to A Cake Wearing A Hat any questions you want !
If you have some recommendations for an interview, feel free to DM me !

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
How much pasta can you lift at once?
yes
Why are you such a giant nerd smh I don’t know why you say I’m one when you’re the biggest of them all. Also serious question: the amount of spaghetti strands eaten in the past week? Exact numbers only
zero. I have consumed other types of pasta, but not spaghetti specifically. Also no u.
Is Dunsparce capable of time travel?
If it was it'd be in gen 8 :(
Why do you volunteer so much time to help make UU a better place?
What are some of the hats you like wearing?
What type of character traits do you admire in people?
What do you do as a moderator?
1. I dunno. There are just a lot of folks here that I respect, and I'd like to make sure they know that the work they're doing is not in vain. A big issue in the past was complete lack of shown respect/transparency to the folks contributing, and I want to make sure that stops so the community can flourish as much as possible.

2. I've got a few good ones. I own a real top hat, though it's not the most comfortable thing. I've got a family heirloom fur tyrolean-type hat that's really comfortable and I wear it out most of the time. I've also recently obtained a bowler hat and a newsie hat.

3. I admire honesty and transparency first and foremost. The main thing i really can't stand in people is giving the cold shoulder. That's not respectful in any manner and shouldn't be done, period.

4. I mainly make sure projects are running as smoothly as possible, since someone's gotta look over 'em. Return to hosting sometime y/n??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)