Project Player of the Fortnight

Status
Not open for further replies.
:necturna: Interview #4 - pannu :kartana:
Tell us a bit about yourself outside of Smogon.
I like normal teenager stuff like hanging out with my friends and playing games fr. Im basically a NEET so i dont go to school or anything so lately ive been spending alot of time at home watching series, playing games, and other fun things you can do at home. I live in Sweden so going outside is pretty awful but summer is coming around the corner so my touching grass arc is about to start fr

What is the origin of your username?

Me and my friends where using matching anime names and skins on Minecraft a few summers ago, based on Jojos part 5 cuz it was airing at the time and we were watching it LOL and i used like Pannacotta_Fugo or something like that, because he was my favourite character ATT (tho in recent times hes been replaced, hes still up there and clears any other jojos character btw). After we changed our usernames and skins back to normal i ended up liking the name so i changed like, my discord and everything to it too. However pannacotta fugo obviously isnt available as a username everywhere and i thought that the underscore in my username made it look unclean, so i added the ‘ur’ in the name cuz i thought it sounded nice to pronounce.

What got you into CAP?

When i first got into smogon i was in this team tour server turned jerk and someone (mightve been sagis?) likewhored their cap snake signup, i thought it looked funny so i signed up obviously not expecting to be picked, but everyone who signed up ended up being drafted so i got drafted onto the sizzling smokomodos, where i played a few games of SM and SS and thought it was pretty fun, the community was super nice too as this was my first time talking to ppl like Scizivire, Lasen, etc, so i ended up sticking around, albeit i only rlly pull up to mess with ppl in the discord or play team tours.

What is your favorite CAP Pokemon?

Recently it became Necturna, its got a rlly fun concept and i love how it plays, the design is dope. To be fair its only this high up bcuz i like making up stupid Shell Smash sets (shout out bulky Lum Berry and Rocky Helmet in ORAS). In terms of how theyre used competitively i also realy like Pajantom and Astrolotl, although i dont get to use the latter that much.

What is your favorite regular Pokemon?

Kartana, it looks cool and its my favourite pokemon to slap on a team in any tier its available.

What is your favorite CAP art submission that didn’t win?

For whatever cap Saharaja was, i remember my friend ausma submitted a really fucking dope WIP concept
1683121621187.png

she changed the design and it didnt end up winning but i still think this is super dope

What is your favorite submitted CAP 32 design?

I absolutely hate cap 32. The base stats are ugly and its typing is bad. However i think that paintseagull make a pretty cool design,
1683121692687.png

Quanyails consistently makes super cool designs and i really like the one she made this time too so i wouldnt be opposed to that one winning either
1683121738420.png

What is your favorite generation of CAP?

SM, i think its the most fun to build and the caps are the most balanced in it. Im not a huge fan of how its tiered (zygarde and aegislash need to be freed) but its still super fun fr

What is your favorite CAP OM?

The only one ive played is NDCAP so, ill have to say that.

What would you say are your biggest contributions?

Within cap? Whenever a teamtour ends i try to drop all of the teams i built. SM and ORAS which are the main ones i play and build for are sorta hard to get into so i think having semi viable teams easily available helps out.

What is your favorite part of the CAP process?

As a lurker i think that the typing is my favourite part, historically speaking i think its the part of the process that is the most important and usually goes the best (movepool and base stats have gone crazy on a fair amount of occasions)

What is a lesson you learned from a recent CAP process/buff process?

Not every CAP needs Rapid Spin. Looking at u Saharaja

What is your favorite moment from a CAP Tournament?

Dunno if it counts but i remember a few summers ago i was having a rlly fun day out with friends, we were down 3-1 in semifinals with me and TNM left and i couldnt check my phone alot. I remember i did have time to check it at some point and saw TNM won so it was up to me to clutch the TB, i got home at like 10:30pm ate some leftover pizza and then had a really fun game vs jay that, while i didnt play amazingly, ended up in my win in a pretty close game. Fun day + good memory. Uhh other than that i guess the time i beat Lily in the same PL made me feel pretty good cuz that was the first time i ever beat a seriously good player in a tour, and also making everyone believe i used splash plate krill was funny.

Thoughts on the current Gen 9 CAP metagame?

I havent played it, i havent willingly played any gen 9 tier because i think its fun. Gen 9 sucks. I hope home or DLC will fix it.

If you could change one thing about the mechanics of Pokemon, what would it be?

Id probably rework the typing system, notably id buff grass / ice types and nerf ghost,psychic, and fairy types.

Hopes for The Teal Mask/The Indigo Disk?

Some fun new cool mons + some old staples returning, maybe that can fix OU.

Can you share a team that you are proud of?

https://pokepast.es/c4243569da3432b5 I built this to face Quziel in SM CAP, i know he tilts from weird sets pretty usually and i think something that makes a team good is being able to properly utilize niche sets / techs and being hard to read at preview, something which i admittedly struggle with alot but think i did pretty alright with this one.
An oras team im proud of would be https://pokepast.es/1d87fcf7e48643be this one, tho i think if i were to use it in a tour now id change a few of the sets.

Anything else you want to say to the viewers at home?

Id like to arigatou all of my nakama who voted for me, so sugoi! Also for cappl this year i will be playing SS so keep that in mind when bidding for me.
Thank you pannu, you may now ask them your own questions!

D2TheW

Amadán
Why were you so desperate to win this?
Would you rather have teeth for hair or hair for teeth?
What's it like living in Swaziland?
Do you really think anyone believes that the splash plate kril was a bait?
Whats the worst cap game you've ever seen?
Are you looking forward to graduating from primary school?
You've just drank 5 litres of prune juice and don't have time to find another toilet do you use A or B?
LcLVZsw.jpg
cursed_bathroom_by_toasterlobsters_dcn73tc-fullview.jpg

I'm pleased to see that this is the most votes we've ever had, there's over a page of them!

Anyway, it was very close, but a winner has been determined: Congrats to pannu for being our newest Player of the Fortnight! I will send them the interview questions shortly.
1.) How has the passing of Soundcloud rapper XXXTentacion affected your outlook on life and ability to play competitive Pokemon at the lowest level?
2.) Stoicism is a philosophy of life emphasizing acceptance of things outside one's control and rational action towards living a virtuous life, and originated in ancient Greece. Its key concepts include self-control, courage, wisdom, justice, generosity and humility. The ultimate goal of Stoicism is achieving inner peace through acceptance of reality and being present in the moment without (distilled) attachment (detachment).

Do you regard yourself as stoic? Why or why not?
3.) How do you tie your shoes (classic, bunny ears, Spongebob episode-style)? If not, do you wear Skechers with the velcro straps (potentially the light-up ones)? Uggs? Crocs? High heels?
4.) What was an instance where you had to go above the call of duty? How did your service work affect those close to you?
5.) At what age do you expect to develop basic object permanence?
6.) What three users would you, in an alternate reality, wish never discovered Smogon? This could be for positive reasons (so they could be afforded greater time in other endeavors) as well as negative ones (low quality posts, being Pannu, the list goes on), but more likely a combination.
7.) What 2 items would you bring to a deserted island that covers 5 square kilometers with basic (regionally standard) forestation but no animals?
8.) What is "fashion," taking the meaning as whatever means most to you? Then, what did you think about Vogue's coverage of the Met Gala and how this relates to your first answer here?

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
1: How many people did you try to get to vote for you?
2: How was it like managing a team pratically on your own?
3: What is your opinion on the current state of SS CAP?
4: Why do you think Aegislash and Zygarde should be unbanned from SM CAP?
5: What would you say has been your greatest accomplishment in CAP?
6: Are the waters of Sweden filled with Swedish Fish candy?
7: Do you have Prince Albert in a can?

pannu

MEDKIT CUZ SHES HEALABLE
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Why do you exist pannu
not a very nice thing to ask if.
Why were you so desperate to win this?
1683304926320.png

Would you rather have teeth for hair or hair for teeth?
teeth for hair and go bald

What's it like living in Swaziland?
I'm very vocal about my distain for this country and I will be moving to Ireland the second I turn 18. see you then
Do you really think anyone believes that the splash plate kril was a bait?
I like to think that you guys think I'm dumb enough to use it so yeah
Whats the worst cap game you've ever seen?
all of my teams games w5 for last cappl, alternatively my game against billy in cl or when dpm played you(?) in the first CL
Are you looking forward to graduating from primary school?
no
You've just drank 5 litres of prune juice and don't have time to find another toilet do you use A or B?
B, just be friendly towards the birds
1.) How has the passing of Soundcloud rapper XXXTentacion affected your outlook on life and ability to play competitive Pokemon at the lowest level?
it didn't rlly affect it that much, I was never a massive X fan tho I admit he's got some good songs. mac miller and dooms passing hit me harder cuz i actually listened to them.
I don't regard myself as a very stoic person as i historically have struggled to overcome negative emotions and my negative view on things, and i still haven't learned to not get upset at things out of my control.
3.) How do you tie your shoes (classic, bunny ears, Spongebob episode-style)? If not, do you wear Skechers with the velcro straps (potentially the light-up ones)? Uggs? Crocs? High heels?
i wear sneakers and i tie them bunny style
4.) What was an instance where you had to go above the call of duty? How did your service work affect those close to you?
i don't like FPS games so I've never played call of duty
5.) At what age do you expect to develop basic object permanence?
i think between 8-12 is when you should understand object permanence
6.) What three users would you, in an alternate reality, wish never discovered Smogon? This could be for positive reasons (so they could be afforded greater time in other endeavors) as well as negative ones (low quality posts, being Pannu, the list goes on), but more likely a combination.
avery spellcaster and hayedenn
7.) What 2 items would you bring to a deserted island that covers 5 square kilometers with basic (regionally standard) forestation but no animals?
shit idk like probably a water filter and a knife
8.) What is "fashion," taking the meaning as whatever means most to you? Then, what did you think about Vogue's coverage of the Met Gala and how this relates to your first answer here?
well I'm not a fucking loser so id don't know what vogue or the met gala are but I reckon fashion is just ppl expressing themselves through clothes

1: How many people did you try to get to vote for you?
12 I think
2: How was it like managing a team pratically on your own?
LOL Ill be honest both kdca and ainz did more work as a manager then what i did, it was a bit annoying having to do all the sub shit myself esp when it clashed with my irl but otherwise we ball

3: What is your opinion on the current state of SS CAP?
its fun, i like astrolotl BO

4: Why do you think Aegislash and Zygarde should be unbanned from SM CAP?
aegislash would make psychic types less broken as well as not be broken itself due to the plethora of commonly used pokemon that deal with its various sets. Zygarde would similarly let people use new team structures (i.e rely less on Rotom-W, Libra, and cheese offense) also like literally every team has either jumbao tangrowth msciz or a pivot + weavile. u cannot convince me its broken.

5: What would you say has been your greatest accomplishment in CAP?
i haven't really accomplished anything within cap so this is a hard one to answer, ig being on the mostly unofficial sm cap council is?

6: Are the waters of Sweden filled with Swedish Fish candy?
swedish fish yes candy no
7: Do you have Prince Albert in a can?
no i don't think so

You have roughly 72 hours left to ask pannu questions!

I say roughly because I'm going out to a fancy dinner Sunday night and I don't know when I'll be back.

:argalis: Interview #5 - Binacle Pinnacle :great tusk:

Tell us a bit about yourself outside of Smogon.
If I’m not playing mons I’m usually trying to draw something (results in failure) or birdwatching, a favorite hobby of mine. I’m also attempting to learn German for a bit now.

What is the origin of your username?
I used to play LC a lot, believe it or not, and for some reason I was really big on Binacle being a good mon in SMLC....... despite shellder existing. So, I named myself Binacleisthebest before quitting the tier and forgetting to ever change my name.

What got you into CAP?
an old friend of mine showed me the project around the latter half of astrolotl’s process. if we want to go further back, I first heard about CAP as a whole back when plasmanta’s 3D model was finished.

What is your favorite CAP Pokemon?
design-wise, one of argalis or cawmodore. comp wise, probably astro or smoko. that honestly might change with 32 coming soon

What is your favorite regular Pokemon?
elgyem, forever and always. competitive wise, clefable or The Tuskuthy Most Noble and Grand.

What is your favorite CAP art submission that didn’t win?
Quotidian’s CAP30 entries easily. bar none the best designs I’ve seen from CAP, shame they didn’t place well

1684886734747.png

1684886748167.png

What is your favorite generation of CAP?
DPP FOREVER

What is your favorite CAP OM?
g8 STAAAB CAP by default ig, both because I actually liked the tier and I think it fixed a lot of problems with normal STAAAB format, but also because it’s the only one I actively played lol

What would you say are your biggest contributions?
I singlehandedly brought syclant into the g8 CAP meta and I’ll do it again too

What is your favorite part of the CAP process?
probably stats, it’s always fun trying to build something unique compared to other options. I’d like to think that I’m at least decent at it though, I’m 2 for 2 on slates so far

What is a lesson you learned from a recent CAP process/buff process?
DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES CONSIDER TINTED LENS “oh but its typing is-“ I DO NOT CARE

What is your favorite moment from a CAP Tournament?
The crucifixion of 2spoopy4u by The 3 Wise Tusks. No bias.

Thoughts on the current Gen 9 CAP metagame?
not much honestly. offense is far too overwhelming for me, someone who likes more balance oriented metas, to enjoy

If you could change one thing about the mechanics of Pokemon, what would it be?
if crits break through a defense boost, only make them do as much as a normal attack would do without the 1.5x multiplier. no bias.

Hopes for The Teal Mask/The Indigo Disk?
I don’t care much for the DLC itself since I don’t plan on playing it but PLEASE DEAR GOD add the sparkle sound effect from PLA

Can you share a team that you are proud of?
https://pokepast.es/97abe83df8dca894 my best attempt at a balance-like build in this tier so far. syclant still good btw

Anything else you want to say to the viewers at home?
do NOT be afraid to bully the CAP metagame moderators they are quite bad. thank you for your time.

The Binpinterview!

EDIT: This was implied already but I should've outright stated it, you can now ask questions

Last edited:

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
1: You mention that you think Syclant is underrated, but on the flip side, are there any mons you think are overrated at the moment?
2: What do you think would be the best way to improve the current state of DPP CAP?
3: What are your favorite mainline series games?
4: What is your favorite spin-off game(s)?
5: Why are you still salty about losing to Darek?
6: Why are you watching children's nursery rhymes on YouTube?
7: Train A is traveling at 60 mph and train B is traveling 80 mph. Train A passes a station at 9:10 pm. If train B passes the same station at 9:25 pm, at that time will train B catch up to train A?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)